Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CuriousOne.......That is a very good point you have made. Maybe Sunday after the 4:15 call which SB stated he talked to her, she did go to Centralia and meet with someone and maybe she and JW were not suppose to meet till Monday or say Tuesday at work. BB don't show and what is JW suppose to say??? Just a thought. If she was covering for BB so she could meet ?, what would JW tell SB? That would explain not answering the calls from any of the family. And if I was off on a fling with some guy???, I don't think I would have time to be calling or texting all my friends or family. Upon returning you could always say the phone was out of range, battery was down, misplaced it, etc. So there could be lots of reasons to not answer it as far as from BB reasons for not being available. IMO

One thing no matter who BB was with, where she was at, she always took calls from SB & the boys no matter who she was with. AlwaysThinking even stated this eariler in the thread I believe.

A lot of this makes sense, but when JW was asked who BB was meeting she stated she didn't ask any questions. Then chose to turn it so she was the victim, by stating how she she has to ..live with this everyday!!!!! Tell tale sign someone is lying. Covert-aggressive.
It would have made her story much more plausible had she said I didn't think to ask who it was, we were just supposed to meet back ... ect. Sometimes it is not what people say that give them away it is what they don't say. JMO

To my knowledge, there are no calls showing that JW tried to get in touch with BB by phone later sunday or monday.

This is the updated timelines FB spokesperson AGM posted 3 weeks ago:
This is updated from an earlier post.
This is on FB under the DISCUSSION Tab / CONFIRMED TIMELINES.

THURSDAY 5/20 Rented a car and left Woodstock 8:30 PM - arrived Mt.Vernon about 2:30AM on Friday 5/21

FRIDAY 5/21 Frosty Mug- Mt.Vernon

SATURDAY 5/22 Rented a boat at Rend Lake

It was confirmed BB was seen at IGA in Centralia, the date of either 5/22 or 5/23 has NOT been confirmed. Person could not be sure if it was on Saturday or Sunday.

SUNDAY 5/23 BB spoke to SB at 4:15PM from Mt.VERNON
That is the last time there was any activity on BB phone.

My friend spoke to JW and her phone has not been looked at by the LE. The reason is, the LE has no probable cause to look at her phone.

Ok, good, I'm glad that portion was cleared up...

However, can it be confirmed that LE has requested these records and been refused?

It's not as if someone just brings their phone records to the police station... LE has to contact the provider and request them, provided they have permission to do so from the client.

It's not something JW can just offer up, it's something LE can ask for and be told yes or no.

I am sure the LE suspect JW could be involved, but...without that evidence, their hands are tied.

...but my question, again, is... what makes you so sure? They've been silent, publicly. For all any of us know, JW could be at the bottom of their list, at this point... We just don't know... and aside from hoping it's the case, there doesn't seem to be much tying her to any wrong doing, at this point.

I also believe because JW has smeared Beth's name and told all her secrets, the LE may not be taking this case as seriously as they should, because they must think there is a chance that Beth just took off.

...but, if what JW said publicly about JW is true (her secrets), then it is not unreasonable to at least consider it an option. LE wouldn't be doing their job, if they weren't looking at all scenarios.

If BB is who JW says she is, then it's not the information that JW gave that is hampering the investigation, it's all of those people fighting like mad to not allow anyone to examine the possibility that's doing it harm.

The fact of the matter is no one here knows what happened to BB... JW may not even know... but one must consider that, after 8 weeks, if there was a simple, obvious, or easy answer, it's probably already been looked into.

One thing no matter who BB was with, where she was at, she always took calls from SB & the boys no matter who she was with. AlwaysThinking even stated this eariler in the thread I believe.

A lot of this makes sense, but when JW was asked who BB was meeting she stated she didn't ask any questions. Then chose to turn it so she was the victim, by stating how she she has to ..live with this everyday!!!!! Tell tale sign someone is lying. Covert-aggressive.
It would have made her story much more plausible had she said I didn't think to ask who it was, we were just supposed to meet back ... ect. Sometimes it is not what people say that give them away it is what they don't say. JMO

To my knowledge, there are no calls showing that JW tried to get in touch with BB by phone later sunday or monday.

Paschein

Yes, it was me that said Beth was always texting & talking on that cell and would always answer calls, especially if they were from SB. I used to tease her, because that phone was always in her hand. Our mutual friend used to complain to me all the time, Beth would call/text to say she just got up, she'd call/text to say she was getting starbucks, she'd call/text to say she just got to work etc etc all day long. If there is one thing that I can say about Beth, it's that she always needed constant attention. She did not like to be alone.

I agree with you 100% on the covert-aggressive traits. A lot has been written about how JW writes, her spelling, her use of ? when it doesn't apply etc. Don't confuse somebody's written skills that imply they are uneducated. The truth is, you don't have to be book smart to be street smart. You don't have to be smart to come up with a story to cover the truth...especially if you have a boyfriend who can help you come up with the perfect story. Again, JW is dragging Beth's name through the mud. Why? If Beth had been hit by a car walking down the street in Mt Vernon and she died, would JW be telling everybody all of Beth's secrets?? I think not. Why is she telling it all, because it fits the story she is trying to get everybody to believe. It makes everybody think "maybe Beth did run away with another guy". That is exactly what she wants everybody to think. Because as long as there is reasonable doubt, and no body, she will never get caught.

All my opinions, sorry.....

Respectfully, r131313. I think we are examining both/all possibilities. I also have to disagree this is not something JW can just offer up. She can certainly willingly talk to LE and ask to be ruled out so the focus of the investigation is off her and onto other possibilities. We don't know if JW has or has not made that request of LE.

About the 4:15PM call. It is claimed that Beth called SB about 4:15PM on Sunday. All that can be proven is that a call was placed from Beth's phone while it was in Mt. Vernon (unless the SIM card was switched to a different phone). Who received the call? Only SB? Did Beth speak to any other family member during that call? When was the last time that Beth spoke to any other family member or anyone else by phone that week-end?

Who but LE could know from what location a call was placed? And, if LE knows, why is it revealing it to anyone outside of LE?

Beth was reportedly a "serial texter, serial caller". Who did she text/call on Saturday or on Friday?

Are "large sums of money" missing? Has this been reported publicly? How much? From what account(s) is it missing?

The inference in the posting is that Beth gave some of the missing money to JW or spent it for her. And the sad face after "accounted for" causes me to think that, while it might be known where the money went, it is spent and not returnable.

So, what's gone? Where did it go? How long ago did it go?

LE are not going to reveal most of the information they have, it is an on going investigation. I ask for a known fact location for BB on sunday so that the Forensic Astrology thread could do a chart on Beth being missing.

I was responding to a comment made by Connorzgram saying that LE told her there were large sums of money missing. None of this is 'public' honestly who ever told Connorzgrams probably should not have told her that information since they are not the lead LE of the case. But one of the people that has been helping SB with the accounts DTM has stated on the FB main page thread (way back) that she checked all of the accounts and there are no large sums unaccounted for.

No information on any other calls fri & sat has been released.

It has already been posted in this thread BB bought JW's car for her to drive, someone stated that was $8000 car, was also said set her up with a place to live, stuff for her place, moved her to Woodstock from Cali also. So apparently not returnable. Sad face was because BB seem to be a very good friend to JW, but JW doesn't act like she is being a good friend to BB now. It is all posted in this thread. I think AlwaysThinking posted this information.
JW has been in Woodstock for about 2 years so some of it must date back to that time.

I really wish the technology could ping wet and dead cellphones. As I have said, there are a lot of abandoned wells in the area. If someone were wanting to ditch evidence, that would be one way to do it. The Kaskaskia River feeds nearby, and there is a lot of water underground. By Rend Lake there are cave systems-Shawnee National Forest. Have fliers been distributed by Rend Lake?

P.S., if you ever do get lost, even if you don't have cell phone coverage, power your phone up every once in awhile. Cell phone towers nearby can still record you.

Ok, good, I'm glad that portion was cleared up...

However, can it be confirmed that LE has requested these records and been refused?

It's not as if someone just brings their phone records to the police station... LE has to contact the provider and request them, provided they have permission to do so from the client.

It's not something JW can just offer up, it's something LE can ask for and be told yes or no.

...but my question, again, is... what makes you so sure? They've been silent, publicly. For all any of us know, JW could be at the bottom of their list, at this point... We just don't know... and aside from hoping it's the case, there doesn't seem to be much tying her to any wrong doing, at this point.

...but, if what JW said publicly about JW is true (her secrets), then it is not unreasonable to at least consider it an option. LE wouldn't be doing their job, if they weren't looking at all scenarios.

If BB is who JW says she is, then it's not the information that JW gave that is hampering the investigation, it's all of those people fighting like mad to not allow anyone to examine the possibility that's doing it harm.

The fact of the matter is no one here knows what happened to BB... JW may not even know... but one must consider that, after 8 weeks, if there was a simple, obvious, or easy answer, it's probably already been looked into.

r131313
I do understand all the points you are making. I am not disagreeing with the possiblilty that JW may not know where Beth is. Please keep in mind that I know Beth, so my perspective is going to be a little different. Also, my close friend speaks to Beth's husband all the time, so there are things I know that the LE reports to Beth's husband. There are things that cannot be made public because it is part of the LE's investigation. In time, I believe the truth will come out. I don't have any reason to hope that JW is to blame for anything. I realize that it's possible she knows nothing at all. But in my gut, I have my own feelings about what happened and I'm entitled to them. I also respect your thoughts.

r131313
I do understand all the points you are making. I am not disagreeing with the possiblilty that JW may not know where Beth is. Please keep in mind that I know Beth, so my perspective is going to be a little different. Also, my close friend speaks to Beth's husband all the time, so there are things I know that the LE reports to Beth's husband. There are things that cannot be made public because it is part of the LE's investigation. In time, I believe the truth will come out. I don't have any reason to hope that JW is to blame for anything. I realize that it's possible she knows nothing at all. But in my gut, I have my own feelings about what happened and I'm entitled to them. I also respect your thoughts.

BBM

I sure hope it is sooner then later. We are just about ready for part 4.

Tossing this out there...... and this is pure speculation while I am brain storming. What motive would JW have to not want Beth around? Beth seems to have been a huge part of JW's financial support. The apartment, car, job, moving expenses. How will JW maintain that with BB missing? What would JW have to gain from Beth being out of the picture?

Has JW ever put the moves on SB? Even half jokingly like the joke was a little more than for fun? Was JW competitive with BB? Women can be catty like that.... Could JW have been setting herself up to become the woman SB leaned upon kind of thing? I realize that could be pretty far reaching but I am trying to get a better idea of JW's personality.

JMO

One more question, is RR local? I knew a local once who said that there were caves he knew of by Rend Lake that were uncharted.

Tossing this out there...... and this is pure speculation while I am brain storming. What motive would JW have to not want Beth around? Beth seems to have been a huge part of JW's financial support. The apartment, car, job, moving expenses. How will JW maintain that with BB missing? What would JW have to gain from Beth being out of the picture?

Has JW ever put the moves on SB? Even half jokingly like the joke was a little more than for fun? Was JW competitive with BB? Women can be catty like that.... Could JW have been setting herself up to become the woman SB leaned upon kind of thing? I realize that could be pretty far reaching but I am trying to get a better idea of JW's personality.

JMO

Oh Cubby
I think this is the first time I read something on here and actually laughed, not in a bad way, because the truth is, you are thinking about some great things.

BUT... BIG BUT, no, I see absolutely no possibility of JW & SB being together, EVEN if JW tried, I know one thing for sure, SB ADORES BETH! He was always so in love with her and would do anything for her. That is why my heart breaks for him, talk about blindsided, he was so blindsided when the "secrets" came out to SB.

I don't think JW has or had any motives to get rid of Beth. They were friends, there was love there, lots of memories - just like any normal friendship but, Beth provided JW with a lot of things that she couldn't otherwise afford. So, I don't think there was motive, but I don't think something was "done" to Beth, I believe there was an accident.

Even when I try to think about Beth taking off, she had a husband, a home, kids, she shoped like crazy, she came and went as she pleased, she had a lot of friends, WHY would she leave? I mean, there are people who do that but knowing Beth, it just seems unbelievable to me that she would voluntarily leave. Like you said Cubby, she could have gotten a divorce, and a settlement, and 1/2 the house and etc etc etc. The only thing I can think of is if Beth got into some really big trouble, like something crazy, and she couldn't face SB. But even if that's true, I'm sure Beth would have told JW so does JW know something that she hasn't told a single soul, because she knows Beth took off and doesn't want to be found?

It's going to be another sleepless night for me. Ideas just constantly run through my head. Ugh!

Also, my close friend speaks to Beth's husband all the time, so there are things I know that the LE reports to Beth's husband. There are things that cannot be made public because it is part of the LE's investigation.

That interesting... I understand that LE cannot give out many facts as it is an ongoing investigation... but, honestly, LE has said nothing.

I'm really starting to get to the point where I feel we are wasting our time trying to figure this out, when there is, seemingly, no cooperation from anyone.

If there's information that leads the case one way or another, LE should give the public some idea, or the family should tell everyone to lay off, and wait for LE to complete the investigation.

Why have thousands of people handing out flyers and searching yards, and talking to people about BB, if, by through lack of information, we are all chasing down the wrong leads? Why let people put in their own time and effort if someone, somewhere, has an idea of what happened?

There is a bit too much secrecy and rumor surrounding the details of this case for me to feel comfortable with... the unrepentant insistence, with no info or details to back it up, that anything but something involving JW happened to BB, only serves to heighten my suspicions.

I mean... with all the discussion that has been had, an apparent 3 dept LE investigation, and intense public grilling of JW, and there are very few (what should seem to be easily) confirmable facts.

Every question is surrounded in mystery.

Thousands of people go missing every year... but I've never seen one handled like this. Something about this whole thing just isn't right.

There is a very large piece of the puzzle missing, and, in my opinion, at least, it has nothing to do with JW.

I'm starting to get the feeling (my opinion ONLY) that the family has a whole lot more information than they are giving out... and I don't think were going to find BB until the whole story comes out.

Cubby said: Tossing this out there...... and this is pure speculation while I am brain storming. What motive would JW have to not want Beth around? Beth seems to have been a huge part of JW's financial support. The apartment, car, job, moving expenses. How will JW maintain that with BB missing? What would JW have to gain from Beth being out of the picture?

Or perhaps it was the other way around BB wanted to get away from JW, however JW didn't like it when that was what was apparently about to happen?

This is a repost with edit:::::

Hi, I am a new poster. I have emailed Trisha, and I know everyone involved in this case. They are all friends in one form or another. There have been comments made here that I would like to address directly (or as best I can), ... but first.

Deleted by me, because of violation of WS TOS

I feel a little bad for the true sleuths on this site. As I read the posts there are many details that are clearly wrong, and there are entire lines of inquiry completely missing. It is nearly impossible to understand this situation without the facts, and with the facts that you have impossible to draw reasonable inferences and deductions.

Although you shouldn't feel bad because I know almost all of it and I still can't come to a reasonable guess about what happened.

I believe that websleuths should encourage people to post under real names rather than pseudonyms. I have figured out who most of the posters that joined after June 2010 are, and there is a lot of refering to oneself in the third person. Also, if we used our real names then the statement or sleuthing could be set in context.

I am sorry that I can't reveal more information, as most of it came from private conversations. I have been assured that LE has this information, and that allows me to understand their apparent inaction. This is a confusing case.

Lastly, while I know some of you have the urge to verbally pummel some of the actors in this situation out of frustration, and concern for CJ J and J (BB's kids), we are all adults here, take a deep breath and try to put together creative solutions to this matter ... don't waste our time being petty, .... honey catches more flies, so to speak

Peace.

WELCOME Justalawyer.. LOL.. I thought I dreamt your post for a moment. Can you enlighten us on anything?

Why don't we think outside the box abit? Let's guess that the 4:15 call was not the last contact with the phone, and let's guess that the end of the JW story is not the end.

We have to split up three ways: Centralia, Mt. Vernon, Other.

JW's story has changed, we should investigate that, but it is premature to call for her hanging, and it doesn't go anywhere but name calling, etc And lying doesn't tell us anything by itself.

We have to split up JW two ways: She doesn't really know anything, or she does, and we have to consider the way she described the events and what she chose to reveal.

Does the way she reported to the police suggest that she might have been angry at BB?

If she is angry, why? Because BB was leaving without her or abandoning her, OR that BB had screwed up the escape plan leaving JW to hold the bag? Or as a cover up for in some way causing or knowing about BB's death.

Cubby said: Tossing this out there...... and this is pure speculation while I am brain storming. What motive would JW have to not want Beth around? Beth seems to have been a huge part of JW's financial support. The apartment, car, job, moving expenses. How will JW maintain that with BB missing? What would JW have to gain from Beth being out of the picture?

Or perhaps it was the other way around BB wanted to get away from JW, however JW didn't like it when that was what was apparently about to happen?

Do you have a theory why Beth would choose to travel with JW if she wanted to end her friendship with her? If I wanted to end my association with someone I would just end it. with a 'don't call me anymore', but that is just me. Was there any indication Beth was trying to end her friendship with JW and if so why travel 5 or so hours away to end a friendship?

Myself, I have no interests here other than to find Beth, whether it be safely or not, so her family can have closure. I don't know any of the players in the case.

JMO

Why don't we think outside the box abit? Let's guess that the 4:15 call was not the last contact with the phone, and let's guess that the end of the JW story is not the end.

We have to split up three ways: Centralia, Mt. Vernon, Other.

JW's story has changed, we should investigate that, but it is premature to call for her hanging, and it doesn't go anywhere but name calling, etc And lying doesn't tell us anything by itself.

We have to split up JW two ways: She doesn't really know anything, or she does, and we have to consider the way she described the events and what she chose to reveal.

Does the way she reported to the police suggest that she might have been angry at BB?

bbm
Welcome just a lawyer.

I have thought jealousy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads