GUILTY IL - Carrie Olson, 29, Rock Island, 28 Dec 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have feared that she may not even be at thar park where her phone last pinged. Her phone may be there but I'm scared that he may have had hee in the trunk alive when getting gas and killed and placed her on his way to Minneapolis. If that is so, she can be anywhere. :(

Camden Park would be to small and to wide open for him to put her there. I doubt he would chance putting her in the trunk because that is a busy convenience store. Someone could hear her.
I believe he threw the phone in the Rock river and missed and it landed on the tiny island or on the bank. There is a bridge there but I can't figure out how to get down there. " I need a boat"
I do think she is still local just because I don't think he would want to be bothered on his date to Las Vegas.
Her Facebook page is referring that he had someone help him which makes sense to me from what I have gathered on this guy.

I have a plausible theory about the POI/and the weekend that the crime occurred:

Based on what I've heard thus far, we all have a good idea who did it, we just need to find her. This could have been a crime of passion or may possibly be a premeditated crime, but likely not planned that far in advance. That's why the POI was dumb enough to leave so much evidence lying around and why it's so obvious who did it. This crime will get solved, but a victim has to be found. If planned, probably planned and/or carried out within 12 hours before the crime occurred. Therefore not very well planned, and the POI is a idiot.

I think this POI is a loser, was bored looking for some action that night, and probably had no car, money, or resources and no one else to hook up with. He reached out to her to go drinking or partying on that Saturday night, probably led her to believe he was interested in getting back with her. She had nothing to do either that night and took him up on his invitation to get together. She was in RI to get gas and go to his home to pick him up to go somewhere with him, a party perhaps, out to dinner or a movie, a bar? By 3;30 am they were probably just getting back and stopped at the gas station again before returning him to his home. Probably they weren't sober. They got into a fight. He harmed her and spent the hours before 7am when he was spotted refilling the gas tank dumping her body somewhere. He filled the tank up to drive to Minnesota. He probably panicked and realized he needed to run away or get out of town. Knew someone in Minnesota he could run to, drove to Minnesota in Carrie's car. Probably didn't tell that woman in Minnesota why he was really there. Suggested and talked her into the Vegas trip. This POI is a gigolo that sponges off of vulnerable women. I know the type.

In the QC typically people dump bodies and/or evidence in the rivers. But at this time of the year the rivers were frozen solid. The next consideration would be to bury the body in a heavily wooded area or ravine. There are tons of ravines between RI and Milan. Between RI where she was last seen and Camden Park where her cell phone last pinged that is where she can be found. I can think of a few places like that. There is Black Hawk State park, Indian Bluff golf course, and Camden Park. All three of these places have had bodies dumped in them in the past. I believe this would probably do what a typical would do if they wanted to dump a body.

I think Camden Park/Milan area should be searched again on this reasoning: The last ping on her cell phone came from there, her cell phone is missing. I have a theory that her cell phone is wherever she is, that she still had it on her and possibly her wallet too, and was buried with them. People have asked why would she leave her coat and purse in the car. Being a lady myself, I would do that if I were going directly inside somewhere warm and didn't want to have to keep an eye on my coat and purse or keep it hanging from my arm. A bar perhaps? Movie theater? A restaurant? A store? She probably didn't have her coat on or carry her purse all that evening because she was inside somewhere warm and she still needed money and ID inside of wherever she went into. The fact that she would take her cell phone in with her is obvious, and the fact that her wallet is missing is a good clue that she needed it for ID and to purchase things (drinks?) wherever she went inside to, most likely a bar.

Those close to her should consider what bars they might hang out at. Did any one see them at any bars that night? If not, they must have gone somewhere where no one knew them. What bars do they never go to?

Another question to consider: Did the POI know anyone in Milan near the Camden Park area? Could she be buried in a back yard? Could someone in Milan have helped him? I doubt this, but it's possible.

The court records were finely updated today! Mr. Mcvay was a no show for his court appearance on the 13th! There is a warrant issued.

Any news on Mcvay? People have been held for less when they are a POI. I just don't understand it.

People need to understand how police investigations work, or don't work.

After initial back ground checks of a POI, they wait for information about the case to come to them. They do not actively pursue information. So they are waiting for people like us to come forward with tips or information, even finding the victim or body, then they follow up on it. It all works very passively. That's why it can take forever or cases go unsolved. For the family and loved ones of a victim the whole process can be very frustrating.

It's up to us to keep our eyes and ears open and not give up looking for her.

I am from her area. Live just a few blocks from where she was last seen. Am very familiar with the area and have lived here for over 30 years. I have seen many other missing persons cases and murder cases around here. So I am familiar with how they typically are carried out. I never took an active interest in any cases before, except for one case years ago I did report something my brother had heard in the area of his home the night of his disappearance to the police. I guess my interest in this case is due to the fact that she is close in age of my own son and it just really bothers me. What if she were my child?

This is the man that went missing in 1990. I have relatives who lived in the same mobile home park where he lived. My brother heard a gun go off that night that around 2 in the morning. This case still hasn't been solved. His ID and other personal items were found at the Indian Bluff golf course. His car was found at the airport near by.

http://www.missingin.org/reg8347/jerry_wolking.htm

People need to understand how police investigations work, or don't work.

After initial back ground checks of a POI, they wait for information about the case to come to them. They do not actively pursue information. So they are waiting for people like us to come forward with tips or information, even finding the victim or body, then they follow up on it. It all works very passively. That's why it can take forever or cases go unsolved. For the family and loved ones of a victim the whole process can be very frustrating.

It's up to us to keep our eyes and ears open and not give up looking for her.

I am from her area. Live just a few blocks from where she was last seen. Am very familiar with the area and have lived here for over 30 years. I have seen many other missing persons cases and murder cases around here. So I am familiar with how they typically are carried out. I never took an active interest in any cases before, except for one case years ago I did report something my brother had heard in the area of his home the night of his disappearance to the police. I guess my interest in this case is due to the fact that she is close in age of my own son and it just really bothers me. What if she were my child?

This is the man that went missing in 1990. I have relatives who lived in the same mobile home park where he lived. My brother heard a gun go off that night that around 2 in the morning. This case still hasn't been solved. His ID and other personal items were found at the Indian Bluff golf course. His car was found at the airport near by.

http://www.missingin.org/reg8347/jerry_wolking.htm

Has he been declared in mainstream media as a POI or a suspect by LE? If so, do you have a link? I may have missed this, but don't recall seeing him being named one.

Has he been declared in mainstream media as a POI or a suspect by LE? If so, do you have a link? I may have missed this, but don't recall seeing him being named one.

As far as I have heard word of mouth, LE have declared they have a POI but won't say who. They aren't saying "suspect", just POI.

As far as I have heard word of mouth, LE have declared they have a POI but won't say who. They aren't saying "suspect", just POI.

Thanks. I thought so, but just wanted to be sure. I alerted a post, so hopefully a mod can step in to clarify. I know from being on other threads, we can't sleuth him on here, since they haven't named him a POI or suspect. This would mean we can discuss what is out there in mainstream media and on the Find Carrie Olson page, but not refer to that page as fact.

Not sure this is how to do this, but this was announced today. Feel free to edit/correct if this isn't the place:

"The Dakota County Sheriff’s Office and the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension are investigating the discovery of the body of an adult female on the evening of Saturday, April 5th, at approximately 5:30p.m. The body was found in a wooded area on Presley Circle north of 175th Street East in Ravenna Township. This location is in rural Dakota County. At the time the body was discovered by the landowner, it appeared she had been there less than 36 hours."

http://www.dakotacountysheriff.org/Media Releases/DDB Found Body 040714-Web.pdf

I would think another way to describe her tattoo would be to consider it as a Tribal type tattoo, rather than a Vine.

Only the one tattoo?

I think it would commonly be called a "tramp-stamp"...(I hesitate posting that, as I don't mean any disrespect to anyone)

I google mapped the address - it seems so random - not near any big roads for easy access. Based only on the map at this point, I hate to say it but she may be someone local.

That is definitely a "tramp stamp." Super popular in the 90s and early 20s. I wouldn't be surprised if she may be on the older side of the age estimate. She's also a little a bit on the heavier side, I wonder if she's had children...

I also wonder why they say native if she has reddish hair with blonde highlights. When I hear reddish I think of that almost Strawberry blonde, I guess it could all be dyed or be more of an auburn colour..

It's interesting that she was thought to have been there for less than 36 hours, I wonder if they'll release a photo of her face, It's been cold in Minnesota, maybe she'd still be recognizable.

I wonder if the person who killed her (If she had been murdered) was raised in the area, because it says "Rural," So one would think that if she were local they'd know who she was pretty quickly.

Possible connection questioned between body found and missing Davenport woman
Posted on: 2:29 pm, April 8, 2014

A landowner found the body of an adult woman at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday, April 5 in a wooded area in rural Dakota County, Minnesota. The body had been there less than 36 hours according to the Dakota County Sheriff’s Office.

The body was believed to be a woman in her late twenties to early thirties, between 5-feet 6-inches and 5-feet 8-inches tall, weighing about 190 pounds according to information posted online by the Dakota County Sheriff’s Office. She has “vibrant white teeth” and reddish hair with blonde highlights. The woman has a vine-shaped tattoo in blue ink across her lower back. The woman was wearing silver earrings in the shape of starfish.

Dakota County is just to the southeast of Minneapolis, where the ex-BF caught a plane and flew to Vegas. So that's interesting. Would've been not far out of his way. If this is Carrie, winter conditions would've slowed decomp somewhat. To what degree, I wouldn't know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back