Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Kyrian's caregivers have any ties to Chicago? It's an awfully long drive, more than an hour, from Rockford to Chicago. And there would be rural farmland and wooded area's along the drive between the two cities. Garfield Park would be an out of the way and risky dumping ground for a child from Rockford.

Personally, I think the UID is a local child never reported missing.

Yes, mom is from Chicago and family lives there. Unclear where she was when Kyrian went missing since not sure when that was.

Do Kyrian's caregivers have any ties to Chicago? It's an awfully long drive, more than an hour, from Rockford to Chicago. And there would be rural farmland and wooded area's along the drive between the two cities. Garfield Park would be an out of the way and risky dumping ground for a child from Rockford.

Personally, I think the UID is a local child never reported missing.

Yes, they do have links with Chicago and it's possible that they left the child with someone in Chicago.

I know this isn't likely to be real helpful, but I'll say it anyway. If the sketch is fairly accurate, he looks like he's closer to one than to two. I'm just not sure how many babies 18 months or younger have enough hair for that style. I just don't see him being more than two.

MOO
I agree. I keep thinking 15/18 months.

Yes ties with Chicago and from what I read he was with family members or at least a family member was caring for him, not his mother. Appears she has only just realised he is missing, time frame not known, the mind boggles tbh who doesn't know the whereabouts of their child, can't deal with these ppl much longer between this case, baby bella, Lonzie..arggggh

Looking at the teeth especially in the photo all the way to the left and comparing it with the sketch really makes me think it is him. So sad and so unfortunate. MOO

I was convinced it was Malik Drummond so I'm making no assumptions.

Looking at little kyrian tho I do see him more in it but it is so dofficult to tell, I hope LE are following up this, as I am sure they will.

I'm not sure about Kyrian... I don't know how accurate these sketches are. We talked about the low-set ears before, and Kyrian doesn't have low-set ears. Does a forensic sketch artist actually measure the distance between the eyes, the gaps between the teeth, the placement of the ears and everything and measure the sketch to make it exactly the same?
I guess that with decomposition the flesh could shift, but the teeth should look just the same.
I'm not sure Kyrian's hair could have grown so quickly either. I think this picture was taken around the beginning of August (not certain though), and his hair is very short.
11855807_10207730007674682_4621762142678837588_n.jpg

I'm not sure about Kyrian... I don't know how accurate these sketches are. We talked about the low-set ears before, and Kyrian doesn't have low-set ears. Does a forensic sketch artist actually measure the distance between the eyes, the gaps between the teeth, the placement of the ears and everything and measure the sketch to make it exactly the same?
I guess that with decomposition the flesh could shift, but the teeth should look just the same.
I'm not sure Kyrian's hair could have grown so quickly either. I think this picture was taken around the beginning of August (not certain though), and his hair is very short.
View attachment 81889

Kyrian is so darn cute! This is just maddening!

I know this isn't likely to be real helpful, but I'll say it anyway. If the sketch is fairly accurate, he looks like he's closer to one than to two. I'm just not sure how many babies 18 months or younger have enough hair for that style. I just don't see him being more than two.

MOO

I disagree. The sketch does make him look very young (like you said, ~18 months), but the sketch also shows that he has all/almost all of his teeth. Kids' teeth don't finish coming in until they're about 2 - 3 years old. I think he's about that age.

I'm pretty confident in the ME's age estimate. It's a lot easier to estimate the age of a young child like this UID, because a young child's development is fairly predictable and there a lot more indicators of age (bone development, especially the teeth, the height/weight, and the fontanelles (where the parts of the cranium fuse together). So if the ME says he's 2 - 4 years old, they're probably right.

Chicago police took Kyrian mom DNA.

We do know Chicago Police were in Rockford on Friday. They took DNA from the mother of the missing toddler.

http://www.wrex.com/story/30082850/...d-possible-connection-to-heinous-chicago-case

I was feeling sad this case wasn't getting more attention, even here on websleuths. Checking tonight, I am so glad to see so many interested websleuths posters, with so many insightful posts. I could barely keep up! Thanks to all today who posted theories, leads and informed guidance for the rest of us. This may not be the top news story on the major news networks, but it is getting attention here and that is a good thing.

Something that struck me from this article is that DNA results for our Garfield Park toddler have been determined and finding the match to the family is the missing piece, which seems to be the focus of the investigation. That would rule out, I am thinking, some of the more publicized possibilities floated about- that is assuming families cooperated with the testing.

I am in 100 % agreement and if I were a betting person , I would bank on the fact that this person lives close to this park , and is familiar with it. I believe that they either walked , bicycled , drove , or took the train. I think a bus may be too risky.*
More than likely this happened at night. I have been reading up on Garfield park and have come to understand that the average person would not dare to go there at night. Many sources say it is a haven for drug deals , prostitution and other crime at night.*
Therefore the assumption would be that you would not be likely to dispose of body parts in broad daylight , so the suspect must have been familiar with this park and comfortable enough to go there at night.
I do not believe they ever intended for the body parts to be found due to the weight they used to hold them down. Why go through the effort of using a weight or water if you wanted them to be found ?*
MOO is that they live very close to Garfield Park.
Great post haroldchasen. I will be stunned if it turns out that someone went out of the way to go to Garfield Park. I don't know anyone that would go there in the daytime anymore.

I've considered that maybe someone came in on the green line to dispose of him.... but that line of thinking for me always ends at the fact that there are a million better, safer places to go.

My absolute favorite thing about Chicago is that no matter where you are, you're not far from some pretty great nature. I've lived in Chicago or the near west burbs for 30 years now, and I'm always within walking distance of a forest preserve. Or a wetlands preserve. Or a random lagoon and park.

Of all the places in this city and its outlying suburbs, no one would pick GP unless they are very familiar and comfortable with the area. Im pretty confident of that. It's HARD there.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Then again (bouncing off my previous post)... where is the rest of this little guy?

This is another thing I always get stuck on... if this was a case like Bellas... drugged out jerk a$$ parent...would they be so organized as this?

It makes my skin crawl.

Who are you, and what beast left you like this?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

This is pretty far fetched but what if he was murdered in order to sell his organs?

I disagree. The sketch does make him look very young (like you said, ~18 months), but the sketch also shows that he has all/almost all of his teeth. Kids' teeth don't finish coming in until they're about 2 - 3 years old. I think he's about that age.

I'm pretty confident in the ME's age estimate. It's a lot easier to estimate the age of a young child like this UID, because a young child's development is fairly predictable and there a lot more indicators of age (bone development, especially the teeth, the height/weight, and the fontanelles (where the parts of the cranium fuse together). So if the ME says he's 2 - 4 years old, they're probably right.

The sketch doesn't show ALL of his teeth. So it's hard to say if he had 12 teeth, 16 teeth, 20 teeth, etc.

By 18 months, most kids will have 16 teeth. The last 4 come in around 2+ years. (Though I have known some children younger than 2 who have all 20 teeth.)

http://www.mouthhealthy.org/en/az-topics/e/eruption-charts

What a precious and beautiful child little Kyrian is. It's increasingly devastating with each of these cases, to imagine how anyone can hurt these precious babies. How can his mother not know where he is or how long he's been missing. I can't wrap my head around it...I pray that soon our little Doe baby can be identified and that poor little Kyrian will be found safe, if this isn't him. In the case of Kyrian, I think it's more that he has a high set forehead than low setting ears, which could also be the case with the sketch of Baby Doe. I hope a more realistic sketch will be forthcoming if DNA from little Kyrian's mother isn't a match.

This is pretty far fetched but what if he was murdered in order to sell his organs?
That thought has crossed my mind several times, since the torso has not been found.

Trying to narrow down a most likely vs least likely scenario is difficult, with so little information, so everything remains on the table for me.

Has it been said how long they thought Baby Doe had been deceased for?

Has it been said how long they thought Baby Doe had been deceased for?

They believe he was in the lagoon for 1-2 weeks.
(I know that doesn't really answer your question, but it's all I've got)

I have a strong feeling this is sadly Kyrian. I could be wrong. Hope the DNA test come back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar