IL - Five killed, 21 injured in shooting at NIU campus, DeKalb, 14 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My other daughter is calling her best friend who goes to school there. will give updates if I can

Back on December 9th there was a campus alert regarding a potential school shooting at NIU. It looks like the alert wasn't completely unfounded.

I'm sick to my stomach now because this could have been prevented.

My cousin is in the area. He said that there are people running everywhere and emergency vehicles all over the place. They still haven't confirmed whether the shooter is down or not.

OK, I talked to my daughter's friend. She said students are speculating that it is related to the previous threat, but they don't know for sure.

She is not on lockdown. She's in one of the outer buildings on campus. And very worried about security. They think someone might be in custody.

Three days a week (MWF) at this time, she'd be at ground zero.

Channel 7 news now has a chopper in the area. Mother of witness says that gunman walked into the classroom with a shotgun and a pistol and just started firing.

OK, I talked to my daughter's friend. She said students are speculating that it is related to the previous threat, but they don't know for sure.

She is not on lockdown. She's in one of the outer buildings on campus. And very worried about security. They think someone might be in custody.

Three days a week (MWF) at this time, she'd be at ground zero.

The shooter was shot, but I don't know if he was killed.

Note: THIS IS INFO ABOUT DEC 2007 NOT THE CURRENT SHOOTING
Here's an article about the Dec 2007 alert:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-niu_alert_webdec10,0,714223.story

NIU on alert after Virginia Tech shooting reference found on wall
Northern Illinois University in DeKalb is under a security alert through the end of the semester after police found threats on a bathroom wall that included a racial slur and references to the Virginia Tech shootings, a university spokeswoman said Sunday.
and
Campus police are investigating two separate messages found by a student Saturday night on a restroom wall in the Grant D Towers complex that read that "things will change most hastily" in the final days of the semester, which ends Friday, said Melanie Magara, a university spokeswoman.

Grant D Tower is one of four 13-story towers known collectively as Grant Towers. Grant D features all single rooms. Towers A, B and C have double rooms.

The first set of messages, found written in black ink in a women's restroom, includes a racial slur and reads "ME / OUT . . . Die Sem Burr 10th . . . Hmz Sdn Cr" in what officials believe are references to Dec. 10 and the Holmes Student Center. Underlined letters also spell out the word "WATCH."

The second entry, which appears to be in different handwriting, reads, "What time? The VA tech shooters messed up w/ having only one shooter . . ."

NIU officials increased campus security and notified people on campus about the threats by e-mail, voice mail and fliers, Magara said.

Note: THIS IS INFO ABOUT DEC 2007 NOT THE CURRENT SHOOTING
Here's an article about the Dec 2007 alert:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-niu_alert_webdec10,0,714223.story

NIU on alert after Virginia Tech shooting reference found on wall
Northern Illinois University in DeKalb is under a security alert through the end of the semester after police found threats on a bathroom wall that included a racial slur and references to the Virginia Tech shootings, a university spokeswoman said Sunday.
and
Campus police are investigating two separate messages found by a student Saturday night on a restroom wall in the Grant D Towers complex that read that "things will change most hastily" in the final days of the semester, which ends Friday, said Melanie Magara, a university spokeswoman.

Grant D Tower is one of four 13-story towers known collectively as Grant Towers. Grant D features all single rooms. Towers A, B and C have double rooms.

The first set of messages, found written in black ink in a women's restroom, includes a racial slur and reads "ME / OUT . . . Die Sem Burr 10th . . . Hmz Sdn Cr" in what officials believe are references to Dec. 10 and the Holmes Student Center. Underlined letters also spell out the word "WATCH."

The second entry, which appears to be in different handwriting, reads, "What time? The VA tech shooters messed up w/ having only one shooter . . ."

NIU officials increased campus security and notified people on campus about the threats by e-mail, voice mail and fliers, Magara said.

Thanks for posting that. I can hear multiple life flights in the air. I am about a block from the hospital. This is just crazy!!

I know I heard on the scanner about 10 minutes ago one female had head wound and abdominal wound and they were "venting" her. I don't think Kishwaukee is a trauma center, so I assume they would get the two head wounds out of here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes
Back