IL - Five killed, 21 injured in shooting at NIU campus, DeKalb, 14 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
sigh ... one of my daughters has been begging for months to spend a weekend on the campus. I could hear her on the phone with her friend saying "Now my parents will never let me come."

Headline news saying 18 shot, 2 dead, gunman shot as well.

Fox News is saying the gunman is dead. Not sure if by his own hand or if he was killed by police.

This is just crazy. I can't believe it's happening in my town! What would cause someone to do this?

Wonder why they picked Valentine's day. Maybe this person was rejected by a girl?

You can imagine how I felt when I heard this coming over the scanner. I was shocked! I've been listening to it since it began. It's just nuts.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=135164&src=109

NIU spokeswoman Melanie Magara confirmed the shooting and said several people were taken away in ambulances.

At 3:50 p.m., the Kishwaukee Community Hospital in Sycamore expected to be getting up to 15 victims for treatment, according to the hospital Web site.

The university posted an alert on its Web site at 3:20 p.m: "There has been a report of a possible gunman on campus," the alert said. "Get to a safe area and take precautions until given the all clear. Avoid the King Commons and all buildings in that vicinity."

He's dead, so now we get to see his youtube and myspace proclamation nonsense. :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes
Back