IL - Five killed, 21 injured in shooting at NIU campus, DeKalb, 14 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Those are really good pics, Jaded. I have to run and didn't see them all, but I wondered why the kids were standing around campus? Is there nowhere to go? I guess if they didn't know where the gunman was, that was their only option. It's just so cold...and open. :eek:

Thanks for sharing. :blowkiss:

HOSPITAL UPDATE:

7 patients have arrived.

3 – critical condition

1 of the 3 flown out to Saint Anthony Hospital in Rockford

8 – stable

6 – good condition

No reported fatalities

We don’t expect to transfer any further patients.

More details will be available shortly.

Press Conference is a bunch of ....
"I don't know"
"We don't know"
"I don't have that information"
"I can't discuss that"
repeat frequently ....

Now, that's interesting. I hope they disclose who he was soon.

The other thing he mentioned was that there is a handgun that is missing. They found a glock and shotgun, but based on the shells, there was also a handgun used.

The other thing he mentioned was that there is a handgun that is missing. They found a glock and shotgun, but based on the shells, there was also a handgun used.

Very interesting. This is just so hard to believe. They have ID'd the gunman but have not released his identity and he is believed to be from another university.

Other misc. info.:
shots fired after 3:00 p.m.
campus police 3:07 p.m.
Alarm system were used announcing gunman on campus. Stay where you are. Do not move.
Shooter shot himself on stage.
LE knows who gunman is, but won't release info yet. Not a NIU student.

My husband believes they should stop releasing and publicizing these incidents so much (especially giving out the shooters name). A lot of these shooters want "to go down in history" as being the person who has killed the most individuals and want credit for them. If they weren't getting the attention they are in the media maybe they wouldn't happen as often because the shooters wouldn't be getting their "15 minutes of fame."

My husband believes they should stop releasing and publicizing these incidents so much (especially giving out the shooters name). A lot of these shooters want "to go down in history" as being the person who has killed the most individuals and want credit for them. If they weren't getting the attention they are in the media maybe they wouldn't happen as often because the shooters wouldn't be getting their "15 minutes of fame."

He's probably right. The same could be said for serial killers.

FNC reporting 5 people dead, including the gunman.

God be with the families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB
Back