IL - Five killed, 21 injured in shooting at NIU campus, DeKalb, 14 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is so shocking- Northern is a great school. I graduated in '89 and have many fond memories. Cole Hall is a lecture hall used for gen. ed. classes, at least it was when I went there. I can't believe this.

Thank you Jaded for the pictures.

This is so shocking- Northern is a great school. I graduated in '89 and have many fond memories. Cole Hall is a lecture hall used for gen. ed. classes, at least it was when I went there. I can't believe this.

Thank you Jaded for the pictures.

You're welcome. I'm still hearing life flights overhead. Just heard one now and about 20 minutes ago. :(

Jaded thanks for the info - good job.
I am so sad to read that 5 lives have been lost.

Jaded thanks for the info - good job.
I am so sad to read that 5 lives have been lost.

Channel 5 had on the phone, a brother that was driving to rockford after when he got to the campus was told his sister was transferred to rockford.
I hope she made it.....:angel:

Channel 5 had on the phone, a brother that was driving to rockford after when he got to the campus was told his sister was transferred to rockford.
I hope she made it.....:angel:

Me too! Thanks for sharing the info.

My husband believes they should stop releasing and publicizing these incidents so much (especially giving out the shooters name). A lot of these shooters want "to go down in history" as being the person who has killed the most individuals and want credit for them. If they weren't getting the attention they are in the media maybe they wouldn't happen as often because the shooters wouldn't be getting their "15 minutes of fame."

I don't agree. I think those that do this are so mentally ill that they would do these acts no matter the publicity.

Update from Kish Hospital:

The most recent update was made at 6:55 p.m. on Thursday 2/14

17 patients have arrived.

6 – critical condition

2 flown to Saint Anthony Hospital

3 flown to Good Samaritan Hospital

1 flown to Rockford Memorial Hospital

3 – discharged

2 – admitted to Kishwaukee Community Hospital

1 – fatality confirmed, unidentified male

(not identified as the gunman)

More details will be available shortly.
http://www.kishhospital.com/

Man Kills 4, Self at Northern Illinois
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i72zWlWRLvc1ejGI5WpefItEjKCAD8UQEI000
10 minutes ago
DEKALB, Ill. (AP) — A man dressed in black opened fire with a shotgun and two handguns from a stage of a lecture hall at Northern Illinois University on Thursday, killing four people and injuring several others before committing suicide, authorities said.
University Police Chief Donald Grady confirmed the deaths following a news conference, according to local newspapers.

Authorities now say six people have died, including the gunman, in the Northern Illinois University shootings.
From the Chicago Tribune....

n/p and yes so senseless

philamena

What an emotional afternoon. My sister is 17 and has a ton of friends that go there. So many phone problems made it hard to get a hold of everyone.
I feel so sick about this. NIU is a fantastic school, cops are always circulating the school keeping things in order. I am just stunned at the moment. So much senseless killing, my heart just breaks.

The death toll has risen to six:
http://www.wapt.com/news/15304821/detail.html

University President John Peters said four of the victims, including the gunman, were found dead at the scene of the shooting, which took place shortly after 3 p.m. CST on Thursday.

Another two people died later at a nearby DeKalb, Ill., hospital and 16 others were injured in the shooting, Peters said.

From above link:

"We were sitting in the fourth row and the guy came in from behind where the professor was speaking. He had a black beany, like a long black trench coat and a shotgun, and he just walked in and just started shooting at people randomly.,"

http://www.wapt.com/news/15304821/detail.html

Prayers for these poor kids and their families. So, so dang senseless. May the families find some sort of comfort and their children rest in peace. So sad.

I hope this murderous evil copycat fad of columbine disappears. So many innocent children slaughtered and heartbroken families left behind.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back