GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JustMyTwoCents: I dont believe for one fraction of a second that there was any ERRAND that was run. I dont think she got out of that house alive, or at least did not leave of her own free will. Just how Ive felt from the very beginning....JMHO.....MOO....

katrinas car is fairly small, but would a bike fit in the back seat or trunk? im thinking it would not...but im not familiar with the make...a friend of mine had an aveo and could fit a surprising amount and type of things in that car???

also, *if* there was an accomplice and depending on what the *errand/plan* was could have been in the area with a truck handy...moo...just throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks...lol

eta: considering the river was something like 100 yards from the car, getting her in the river wouldnt have posed a huge problem assuming she drove to the area and then was attacked. this doesnt really make much sense tho.. more likely that she was attacked and transported to the river, the killer/accomplice then dumped her car and took off either walking or was picked up by someone. or had placed a bike somewhere prior to the crime...moo...just more spaghetti throwing on my part....

Great thoughts...last night (trying to get to sleep!)...I thought about the bike angle...this could have gotten TS back to the house.....

Then he could have used something like a ATV...All Terrian Vehicle .....to move KS from the car to the river. Do people in that area have and use ATV's?

Second mode of movement would have been a tarp...TS may be small but he could have easily pulled a tarp by the corners, with TS's body on it (oh I hate typing that...sorry to be graphic)

Now that poor Katraina's body has been found in the river....just wondering if LE has returned to the location of her car and checked out the 100 yards from highway to riverbank.

Is this area heavily wooded? Are there any open trails? Is the river visible from the road?

Can any locals answer my questions? (working on a tablet that will not open Google Earth/Maps)

Dear God...Please Bless Katrina's Family and Bring Justice for Katrina!

JustMySecondTwoCentsOfTheDay: I dont think where the car was parked is where she was "put" in the river. J.M.H.O.!!! She would have had to go over 2 (or 3) dams to get from there to where she was found. I drove the route the goes along the river the day that she was found and then again the next morning (incidental - errands, meeting) as I am from the area. Many spots between the car location and the recovery location with VERY shallow patches, sandbars, small islands/islets with vegetation and brush growing on them. I am no geographer, but it would be shocking to me to learn that she had gotten from the car as Point A to the recovery as Point B IN the water. RIP Katrina - in our thoughts every day....

snipped for space:
"Great thoughts...last night (trying to get to sleep!)...I thought about....."

Dear God...Please Bless Katrina's Family and Bring Justice for Katrina!

I often find myself in the same situation. We are deeply saddened by evil things done to others as we try to understand and seek truth and answers. Because we don't have the same mindset as the perpetrator, these actions weigh heavy on us ... and we hope it also weighs heavily for for the guilty with a confession forthcoming.
I stand alongside you in prayer! :please:

JustMyTwoCents: I dont believe for one fraction of a second that there was any ERRAND that was run. I dont think she got out of that house alive, or at least did not leave of her own free will. Just how Ive felt from the very beginning....JMHO.....MOO....

i agree, however until i understand exactly what the significance of 9pm is, i shall continue to use the same verbiage as ts, simply because i feel that he used the word "errand" for a reason. and that reason will become clear sooner or later. i believe we choose words very specifically... and i am eagerly waiting for that/those reasons...:) jmho

also, i do not believe that she was put in the river at the location of the car dump either. i believe it was placed there by someone whos dna would normally be found in the car so as not to cause any questions in that regard. but, if the car is not the crime scene and the house has been processed and ts is not in jail, so, i would presume that the house is not the crime scene....then where is it? winnebago county took over the case from ogle county when her body was discovered in the river causing me to believe that the crime scene is going to be somewhere in winnebago county--possibly in roscoe because ts reported her missing from there (psychologically he knows that roscoe is the last place she was alive at). allegedly the condo has been checked/processed. so, either the blunt force injuries were bloodless leaving no evidence of a crime in either the tetterhall or roscoe or car locations... its possible...i dont know how likely tho. this is where for me, without anymore info i get stuck. the last piece that is sort of floating around unclaimed is the "paper towels" with the "substance" that looked like blood, but has never been clarified...nor has there been any description of the the condition of the car...if someone was bleeding heavily in the car, and onto paper towels then was there a drip trail or spatter leading in any direction away from the car??

ideas anyone?? i need help compartmentalizing these bits...lol

i agree, however until i understand exactly what the significance of 9pm is, i shall continue to use the same verbiage as ts, simply because i feel that he used the word "errand" for a reason. and that reason will become clear sooner or later. i believe we choose words very specifically... and i am eagerly waiting for that/those reasons...:) jmho

also, i do not believe that she was put in the river at the location of the car dump either. i believe it was placed there by someone whos dna would normally be found in the car so as not to cause any questions in that regard. but, if the car is not the crime scene and the house has been processed and ts is not in jail, so, i would presume that the house is not the crime scene....then where is it? winnebago county took over the case from ogle county when her body was discovered in the river causing me to believe that the crime scene is going to be somewhere in winnebago county--possibly in roscoe because ts reported her missing from there (psychologically he knows that roscoe is the last place she was alive at). allegedly the condo has been checked/processed. so, either the blunt force injuries were bloodless leaving no evidence of a crime in either the tetterhall or roscoe or car locations... its possible...i dont know how likely tho. this is where for me, without anymore info i get stuck. the last piece that is sort of floating around unclaimed is the "paper towels" with the "substance" that looked like blood, but has never been clarified...nor has there been any description of the the condition of the car...if someone was bleeding heavily in the car, and onto paper towels then was there a drip trail or spatter leading in any direction away from the car??

I'm right with you in that I don't think she was put in the river at or near the location of the car.

We have all been focusing a bit on the word errand. I think we may have wrongly assumed that TS used this word. Could it be LE has in fact injected this term into their MSM reports for the sole purpose of not disclosing what/where specifically TS stated regarding her destination?

Do we have confirmation that no blood was found in the house? Wonder if they checked the washing machine just in case clothes were washed after she went missing.

I have heard what cadaver dogs did not hit on the car or the location where it was found. Wouldn't at rule out blood or fluids in her car? I still wonder about Todd's car - was it searched?

Hi all,

I never knew this site existed until I was google searching for some information regarding Katrina and haven't stopped reading since. This story hits me close to home as I do actually know both KS and TS through professional networks; I used to speak to TS quite often. Rumors are running wild in the Rockford area since everyone in some small way knows everyone else. According to the rumors, local LE knows who the perp is and are attempting to collect enough proof.

Thanks for all your information, some great investigative minds here :)

Hi all,

I never knew this site existed until I was google searching for some information regarding Katrina and haven't stopped reading since. This story hits me close to home as I do actually know both KS and TS through professional networks; I used to speak to TS quite often. Rumors are running wild in the Rockford area since everyone in some small way knows everyone else. According to the rumors, local LE knows who the perp is and are attempting to collect enough proof.

Welcome Uncharted! :seeya:

Since you have personal knowledge of the parties involved I'm sure I am not alone when I say it would be rather interesting to get your take on things. Care to share?

Welcome to Websleuths, Uncharted!

:Welcome1:

I'm right with you in that I don't think she was put in the river at or near the location of the car.

We have all been focusing a bit on the word errand. I think we may have wrongly assumed that TS used this word. Could it be LE has in fact injected this term into their MSM reports for the sole purpose of not disclosing what/where specifically TS stated regarding her destination?

to clarify in regard to the word "errand" whether ts used it, but especially because it was used by le and has continued to be used to characterize her activity at 9pm... i believe there is a reason that will explain a lot about what was going on at 9pm... im just funny with words...i truly believe that words are specifically chosen for a reason..so, im sticking with "errand" until we find out the definition of "errand" in this case. jmho...:)

Do we have confirmation that no blood was found in the house? Wonder if they checked the washing machine just in case clothes were washed after she went missing.

I have heard what cadaver dogs did not hit on the car or the location where it was found. Wouldn't at rule out blood or fluids in her car? I still wonder about Todd's car - was it searched?

no, we have no info on any of the findings in any of the locations processed.

the only things we do have are a few statements made during the first few days of he investigation from the official findkatrina fb, which one would have to be intensely following it because the admin was deleting most any and all forensic/investigative type questions and comments. some were made by those that were attempting to help with the ground search and some by those that probably had no connection to anything concerning the case. i have read things that could mean yes or no about the car having blood evidence inside...either way its not an official msm statement and cant be used for any real purpose other than to create more difficulty for me in deciding what i think happened. LOL

I agree with you about ts's car being searched, i would almost bet that it was, as well as things like washing machines and shower/sink/floor drains...not to mention luminol...its nearly impossible to completely clean up body fluids... could be an entirely different car and home/location where this "errand" was ran...

I suspect that *if* katrina was ever at the tetterhall house, being at that house was the errand, because she didnt live there anymore and would be considered an errand along with her shopping earlier in the evening, and then stopping by the tetterhall address to pick up some needed item, clothing or some such as the temps were changing or for her upcoming job interview...

Hi all,

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :greetings: :welcome4:

the only things we do have are a few statements made during the first few days of he investigation from the official findkatrina fb, which one would have to be intensely following it because the admin was deleting most any and all forensic/investigative type questions and comments. some were made by those that were attempting to help with the ground search and some by those that probably had no connection to anything concerning the case. i have read things that could mean yes or no about the car having blood evidence inside...either way its not an official msm statement and cant be used for any real purpose other than to create more difficulty for me in deciding what i think happened. LOL

I agree with you about ts's car being searched, i would almost bet that it was, as well as things like washing machines and shower/sink/floor drains...not to mention luminol...its nearly impossible to completely clean up body fluids... could be an entirely different car and home/location where this "errand" was ran...

I suspect that *if* katrina was ever at the tetterhall house, being at that house was the errand, because she didnt live there anymore and would be considered an errand along with her shopping earlier in the evening, and then stopping by the tetterhall address to pick up some needed item, clothing or some such as the temps were changing or for her upcoming job interview...

I too have doubted that she may not have been at the Tetterhall address Monday night. I have also wondered if TS reported her missing in Roscoe to possibly take attention away from the Tetterhall home. If he did have something to do with her death there is a very good chance that evidence would be found in his home (small amounts of blood on his clothes, shoes, etc) if searched thoroughly.

I too have doubted that she may not have been at the Tetterhall address Monday night. I have also wondered if TS reported her missing in Roscoe to possibly take attention away from the Tetterhall home. If he did have something to do with her death there is a very good chance that evidence would be found in his home (small amounts of blood on his clothes, shoes, etc) if searched thoroughly.

yep, i do believe you were the first to suggest to me that she may not have ever been there -- and you may well be correct! :)

This article was, I believe, the first MSM in print regarding "Missing Katrina A. Smith".
(snipped) Smith was last seen at home by her husband. He says she went out to run errands.
Family friend Ann Derry explains "she ran to the store, got back home she had to run out again but she'd be back and her husband never heard from her again."
http://mystateline.com/fulltext?nxd_id=360472

This quoted person is in fact a close, loyal friend of both the victim & her husband. Mr. & Mrs. Derry have posted several comments on the Internet in defense of Katrina's husband, and it is feasible that they were personally told this by him. JMO

Although, her comment "got back home she had to run out again" leads me to believe she was unaware of Katrina's new living arrangements. This is understandable, Katrina only moved out less than a couple of weeks prior to her disappearance. JMO

But wait a minute here ... are we so sure she was told this by the husband? Is it possible Ms. Derry spoke with Katrina via cell phone that evening and was told this from her? It is probable LE has obtained cell phone records and knows whether or not Ms. Derry was told this by the victim or her husband.

And, if there is no call between Ms. Derry and Katrina that night, must we assume that this would be a lie that Mr. Smith told his friends regarding Katrina and that very evening? I assume that Ms. Derry would not and did not just pull that out of thin air. **sigh**

My heart breaks for this family.....

anyone have the link of Todd's interview handy? I heard LE asked for it to be removed, just want to see if this is true or not. TIA

In jumping off your post, nellie, I am thinking very much along similar lines regarding if Katrina was at the Tetterhall home that it would actually have been the "errand" that Katrina was running that night(or atleast one of the errands she ran).

I will preface this with as any who've read any of my posts discussing possibilities involving Todd know that I am leaning strongly toward quite a bit of premeditation and planning on his part.. So, with that said early on one of the many scnearios or theories that I saw that has probably stuck with me as the most likeliest to actually be similar scenario that played out that night was that as we know for a FACT Katrina was out and about doing some shopping at local establishments.. And that possibly Todd called her on her cell while she was out shopping in or near the area of Tetterhall and possibly asked her to swing by(insert any number of different possibilities that were used as the excuse to have Katrina stop by the Tetterhall home)..to which Katrina agreed and at some point after 8pm(last time we know for certain LE has proof of her alive and well and shopping) she drives over to the Tetterhall home where an alone Todd is there waiting(reason I specify an alone Todd is that I strongly believe that if Todd had anyone else there(daughters or otherwise) that he would have been declaring it publicly that there were witnesses that Katrina left his home alive and well).

And as I said IMO this is where I believe the plotting heavily comes into play in that I believe its much much more likely that she WAS NOT KILLED IN THE HOME...and thus the importance of luring Katrina into a "trap" elsewhere that was awaiting her(this is also why I lean heavily toward there being an accomplice involved to some degree).. I can see Todd using a ruse such as while Katrina was there at his home that HE ASKED HER TO GO GET HIM SOMETHING TO EAT and that sweet Katrina complies and Todd possibly tells Katrina exactly what and where it is that he is wanting something to eat from.. This all setting the stage and the path way for Katrina to of her own free will walk/drive directly into the trap that is already set and waiting for her by none other than her very own husband, Todd.. IMO she would have never even thought twice about doing such simple "errands" as a favor to Todd and IMO Todd absolutely knew this, counted on this, and in the end would have used Katrina's predictable kindness against her in manipulating her into essentially walking herself right into her death..jmo.

I am not at all local and thus definitely at a disadvantage of theorizing any further on details of how or where as possibilities that Todd could have used as the actual "trap" spot..as well as where she was actually murdered at.. I will say that the more I think about it the more I lean toward Todd likely having an accomplice and my reasoning for that is not out of necessity in being able to accomplish the murder.. Because I personally believe without a doubt that in terms of doing this all alone IS ABSOLUTELY AN EASY POSSIBILITY AND MUCH MORE OFTEN THAN NOT SPOUSAL HOMICIDES ARE EXECUTED AS LONE CRIMES WITH NO ACCOMPLICE.. So, its not out of necessity per se that I believe its likely Todd had an accomplice, but rather for whatever reason possibly just the way he chose to plan and execute this crime...as well as there being a level of trust between he and another individual that he actually felt he could trust them to involve them to some degree in the murder, disposal, and cover up of his estranged wife, Katrina.

IMO in his choosing to commit the crimes completely away from either of their residences I also tend to believe it likely that no evidence at any time was transported in his vehicle either.. IMO I am of the mindset that by the time Katrina's car was purposefully abandoned there off the side of the road(IMO late night Monday/wee early morning hours Tuesday) that sweet Katrina's life had already been taken as well as her body put in the river. I find it most plausible that for the absolute most part that the majority of the attack, murder, and even transport ALL TOOK PLACE IN KATRINA'S CAR.. Thereby essentially for the most part containing all or most of the evidence on and in Katrina's very own vehicle.. This IMO crucial for a couple of reasons but of the utmost of importance of those reasons being that any/all of Todd's forensic DNA(such as any prints, hair, touch DNA via skin cells, etc) would all be warranted as having purpose and reason for being found all in and on Katrina's car..

All in all I must say that beyond a shadow of any doubt I fully believe that Katrina was NOT attacked or murdered by an opportunist stranger.. THAT IMO IS JUST FACT.. and IMO what little we know at this time indicated that the perp was not only just "known" to Katrina, but IMO intimately known to Katrina.. <--this along with all that I described in detail 2 days ago regarding Todd's likelihood of involvement honestly leads me to the opinion that Todd is responsible.. Its jmo and nothing more and of course until the time comes that LE have all the evidence needed to try those rsponsible in a court of law and thereby make arrests..well..its all just opinions and merely theories thus why the multiple disclaimers stating MOO..IMO...JMO...AND ALL THAT JAZZ..

My continued prayers for all of Katrina's many loved ones that yet still have such a long, tough road ahead of them.. I pray that atleast they find solace in knowing Katrina is not suffering and will never know pain or sorrow ever again. She is absolutely at peace and in a world that our human minds are incapable of even comprehending as to the joy, peace, serenity, and all encompassing love and warmth that Katrina is now and forevermore in.. I pray that her loved ones atleast are able to derive peace of mind in knowing that is this where their beautiful loved one, Katrina is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper