GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wifr still doesnt have the presser up...but they are going to have the interview with todd from before katrina was found...this must be the video they(le) wanted, didnt they request an interview with whitney whoever from wifr?

Smooth ... so in your theory, is she sitting in the driver's side of her car when she is incapacitated? If so, he has to move her in order to drive the vehicle. Where did all this violence take place in her vehicle?

I think there is a specific reason that he stated she was living in the house and was there that night ... because he knew there might be evidence of her being in that house.

imo

And you may very well be correct, Texas Charm that it occurred at the home, but IMO for some reason I just don't believe it did.. My opinion of why he felt the need to admit to her being at the home and thereby the last to see her was due to either the logistics of it(ie. Phone records text msg possibly discussing her coming by the house that night)..or for the simple fact that he either knew or suspected that Katrina shared with someone/anyone else that she was going to Todd's house that night..

IMO its for those type reasons that Todd had no choice but to admit to Katrina being at the Tetterhall home..jmo, tho and definitely could be wrong..

As far as my theory involving Katrina's car while I find it possible, if not even probable that Katrina was in the driver seat when the attack began.. However IMO I also find it atleast possible that she was not in the drivers seat but rather in the passenger seat and Todd driving..early on one of the rumored ruses that Todd Was to have supposedly used that night in luring Katrina to the home, and then ultimately to her death..was the ruse of getting something to eat..I've looked at that possibly as his sending her to go get him take out and somehow luring her to a specific place..but IMO there are issues that I have with that in any way being a smoothly executed plan..

So, I find it possible that once Katrina came to the home that Todd talked her into spur of the moment, the two of them going to grab take out..most have heard the rumors of Katrina maybe having possibly thought of giving him another chance..but even if she didn't I still find it plausible that there relationship was still amicable enough that she would agree to go by herself to the home.. This to me leads me to believe that once there and Todd spur of the moment proposes hey let's just run thru the drive thru for some take out..your car is parked behind mine so we'll just take your car..lemme drive..it was a new car afterall..and IMO with the relationship obviously somewhat still intact on an amicable level I find it easy to believe the above given theory could have been used..jmo, tho and just a theory..

As far as your question about the where they were at location wise when the attack/murder occurred..not being local I just don't know..but IMO it wouldn't exactly be that far fetched IMO if it didn't happen at or very near the area of the river that her body was disposed of at..but again I don't know and all in all its all just theory and conjecture at this point..

The one thing I'm most certain of is that given the manner of death and disposal my honest opinion is that even tho small in stature..Todd Smith IMO quite likely did it all himself..jmo, tho.

If you go to Rockford Scanner on Facebook they have a press conference up from the State's Attorney

Here is the link to the Press Conference.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rockford-Scanner/214732295205455

The interview of Todd Smith that was conducted earlier by WIFR was aired at 5:00 P.M. I am sure they will air it again at 10:00 P.M. There is an interesting side note to that interview. It is not on the film, but the Newscaster said that Todd was asked about evidence during that interview that is shown. Todds reaction was to take off the microphone and walk away. In regards to Todds stature: Todd is a small man, I was surprised at how small he is in person. With that being said however, he is a very 'atheletic' small stature. He was a sports coach for some time, and he is in very good shape regardless of how small he is. His arms are not huge by any means, but he does have muscular arms. I am sure he has ample power for his size. Does this mean that I believe he acted alone? Not necessarily, my gut instinct tells me he had help - but not because he needed it. Most psychopaths whether in the work place, on the street, or on Wall Street, if given the chance will attempt to take someone else down with them, if for no other reason than to have a place to put the blame. Remember, they have no loyalty to anyone but themselves.

Someone at one of the searches asked him why he would not give DNA after the articles were found at the park...his reaction was to leave

In spite of his size, I believe he killed and disposed of Katrina on his own. The need to get rid of her body would have provided additional strength, in my opinion. And it would not be that hard to push her into the water, one he got her out of the auto.

Can anyone tell me how he can get 4 murder charges for the murder of one person? It looks like 2 sets of 2 identical charges and then 1 concealing a homicide. Im sorry if this is a repeat question I've missed the answer to. Im confused by this. Anyone?

Katrina's brother did a brief interview tonight on the local news and was so composed and gracious, saying the family would have to work towards forgiving TS.

Good gosh, my prayers go out to this family. They are much better people than I would be if this were my daughter/sister. Im so glad Katrina was found....for their sake.

RIP beautiful angel....

Can anyone tell me how he can get 4 murder charges for the murder of one person? It looks like 2 sets of 2 identical charges and then 1 concealing a homicide. Im sorry if this is a repeat question I've missed the answer to. Im confused by this. Anyone?

Katrina's brother did a brief interview tonight on the local news and was so composed and gracious, saying the family would have to work towards forgiving TS.

Good gosh, my prayers go out to this family. They are much better people than I would be if this were my daughter/sister. Im so glad Katrina was found....for their sake.

RIP beautiful angel....

He's charged with four counts of first degree murder

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x1559138002/Katrina-Smiths-husband-charged-with-murder

He is charged with four counts of first degree murder and one count of concealing a homicide. The state’s attorney’s office issued four counts in pursuit of different charging theories under the criminal code. Two counts allege “brutal and heinous” acts, State’s Attorney Joe Bruscato said Wednesday at a news conference to announce the charges.

I am just now seeing this. Glad to see an arrest.

Why why why can't these ******s just let the women go?

Just in my archives alone, most of the missing women cases are husband-killed.

My guess is that he will not be able to bond out. Heard from someone in Rockford that he was "moving money around" and that they do feel he is a flight risk.

Especially since if he does have an account with such a significant amount of money it's probably frozen due to the Ponzi scheme charges.

Really? Thanks, did not know that. How do people bond out of jail then?

http://www.illinoisbailbonds.com/

If you are in need of bail in Illinois you should be aware that bail bonds are not available in this state. Illinois is one of the few states in which bail bonds have not been legalized. In order get out of jail in Illinois you will have to make arrangements with the courts. Most likely you will have to post ten percent or more of the bond total.

If you have not done so already you might want to consider contacting a criminal defense lawyer. For more questions on the bail bond process in Illinois, you can contact bondsmen outside the state of Illinois.

Really? Thanks, did not know that. How do people bond out of jail then?

If you are in jail you have to hope a friend/relative will come up with the 10% (has to be in cash) to get you out. Otherwise, you sit in jail while you wait for trial. Whomever comes up with your bail money loses that money if you miss a court date while out on bond.

Katrina Smith's husband spends tonight in the Winnebago County jail. Police arrested Todd Smith Wednesday afternoon, charged him with four counts of 1st degree murder. His bond is set at $4 million. Just hours after he was taken in by the county's Sheriff's police, Katrina Smith's step-brother Chad Kaltved was ready to talk.

Since he first arrived in Rockford from North Carolina, Kaltved's goal has been to support the family, that included Todd Smith. Those feelings have changed.

"At this point I'm not going to say I 100% back him up, but it's hard because he was a family member, somebody who knew my wife and kids, he was married to my sister, I trusted him, and also because we don't have all the information yet. But, definitely my mind is shifting and thinking other things." -he says.

http://www.wrex.com/story/20163296/...-brother-speaks-out-about-her-husbands-arrest
Video at link-

If you are in jail you have to hope a friend/relative will come up with the 10% (has to be in cash) to get you out. Otherwise, you sit in jail while you wait for trial. Whomever comes up with your bail money loses that money if you miss a court date while out on bond.

Your jails must be mighty crowded in this economy. :what:

Iasparro made sure to thank the public for their search efforts in this missing person turned murder case. He says that was a big part of how they were able to bust Smith.

"Each item that was recovered, each interview that we conducted, piece by piece was all part of the larger picture here," said Iasparro.

Both the Sheriff's department and State's Attorney's office kept tight lipped about most of the actual details of the case. They are led to believe that Smith acted alone, but mention that the investigation is on going.
"I will not foreclose anything that might come to light down the road from the investigation," said Joe Bruscato, Winnebago County State's Attorney. "But at this point in time we are not alleging that this was done in concert with anyone else."

News of Smith's arrest was brought to the attention of Katrina's family before the press conference was called. Jason Groth, Katrina Smith's cousin, says he's not surprised.

"I didn't want to, but from day one I could just see from what he was saying a lot of it he was lying," said Groth.

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=366412
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Ok first time posting...I live in the village where this happened...to add to this it was reported things were found in Rock Cut State Park...shovel, gloves, shirt so it's possible he buried the stuff or disposed of it...also that his vehicle was spotted leaving the park around the time she was reported missing...

:welcome::Welcome1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member