IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a video expert, so bear with me as I try to explain this. I do however understand what you are seeing in that video where the guy removed the other people walking down the hallway.

1. When we say it is incredibly expensive and time-consuming to digitally erase someone from video -- that is true. It would take several days and many thousands of dollars. But this only applies in cases where two people are in close proximity to each other. For example, if somebody were carrying a body through a hallway. Or if somebody were leaning on somebody else in a hallway. It is impossible to just easily and quickly erase one of those people.

HOWEVER....

2. It IS easy to remove people from a video if there is some separation between those people. What that guy did was take an image of an empty hallway, cut it in half.... then take the image of the four girls walking down the hallway and cut that in half. He spliced the left side (empty hallway) to the right side (Kenneka in the hallway), thereby removing the friends. However, if those friends had been holding hands with her, holding her up, or carrying her, it would have been a much more laborious process.

Does that makes sense?

Yes that was helpful !

Explore corruption in this police dept, the hotel owner,

Also. Complex video editing software takes up a huge amount of space on a computer and are expensive. Security computers generally run some old OS like Windows XP and would not have those kind of programs on there by default. It's not like it's someone's home.

I agree she was being lured by a voice she knew

from the other stuff i think they meanly tounted her in the stairway one like k come this way

no go that way

like bulling

playing game with the messed up one

moo

mean

and then it got out of hand

But if it was a voice she knew (one of the other party-goers), why do you think the hotel employees edited the video? They would be taking a huge risk by tampering with evidence and would face criminal charges.

To clean what? What would there be to clean? A drunk girl got dodged by her friends and staggered off and froze to death in a freezer.

If someone attacked her and drug her to the freezer, then why would they want to clean that up? I'm sorry CARIIS, I can't see a giant conspiracy over this. It's like all the drunk guys that were disappearing up around that bar in the north east, and they'd find them drowned. What they were doing was going down there to take a leak at the water's edge, staggering around, and falling into the water, and drowning. Drunk people do stupid things. My friend went camping in the mountains, he was an experienced camper but also an alcoholic. He went to take a leak, drunk, in the middle of the night and fell off of a cliff. Thankfully he grabbed onto a scrub pine and held on until help found him, or he'd have died much younger than he did, from the alcoholism. I nearly drowned from deciding to swim across a major river. Had a friend on the bank not seen me go under, I'd not be here today. I made it across just fine, and almost made it back, but misjudged where the bank started, and went down. It's a terrible thing that happened but it happens every day. It's not the hotel's fault, honestly. They lied when the rented the room with a stolen credit card. None of them were even registered under their own name. Most of this falls on poor choices made by KJ and her "friends". We can't bubble wrap the world.

Exactly! I'm not even sure how much responsibility the hotel has for KJ being able to get into the freezer. Someone said the hotel was required to have it locked up, but I can't verify that anywhere online. Someone also mentioned OSHA, but OSHA addresses employee safety. KJ wasn't an employee or even a guest at the hotel.

I think they should release the footage with her friends if there is any and the footage of her leaving the room. IMO if she was with her friends and they went back up to retrieve belongings like they said then I don't believe she would have wandered off from them. She was looking for something/one imo. Why she left the room we'll never know.

It certainly looked like she was under the influence of more then alcohol. Honestly, I think the simple explanation IS the truth. She had no clue where she was and stumbled around the hotel until she went into the freezer. No lights so couldn't find how to get out. Passed out from either lack of oxygen or whatever she was on, and froze to death. All these stories on social media are just that, stories. JMO
I agree. I was struck by her gait in some if the footage, especially where she had her chin up. Put me to mind of someone tripping. Like she wasn't seeing the hallway where she was as a hallway. I'm thinks ng maybe she smoked spice or salvia (is it same thing?)

I think when she was left alone she was really drunk, then the spice/salvia/k/Molly/E whatever started to kick in. I think it progressed as she moved around. She could have had the major impact of her trip while she was in the freezer. Toxicology in this case will be everything.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I agree. I was struck by her gait in some if the footage, especially where she had her chin up. Put me to mind of someone tripping. Like she wasn't seeing the hallway where she was as a hallway. I'm thinks ng maybe she smoked spice or salvia (is it same thing?)

I think when she was left alone she was really drunk, then the spice/salvia/k/Molly/E whatever started to kick in. I think it progressed as she moved around. She could have had the major impact of her trip while she was in the freezer. Toxicology in this case will be everything.

we have lots of time stamp issues ( not sure the kitchen stuff may have happened earlier actually -- but her most stable gait was in the kitchen

which is the opposite of it kicking in

Dénouement;13638041 said:
I think they should release the footage with her friends if there is any and the footage of her leaving the room. IMO if she was with her friends and they went back up to retrieve belongings like they said then I don't believe she would have wandered off from them. She was looking for something/one imo. Why she left the room we'll never know.

it does not make any sense cause everyone is lying all for diff reasons kids cops hotel mayor all sorts of stuff going on behind the scenes moo

But if it was a voice she knew (one of the other party-goers), why do you think the hotel employees edited the video? They would be taking a huge risk by tampering with evidence and would face criminal charges.

I think it is very complicated stuff !!

Salvia and spice are way different. Spice is supposed to be a synthetic weed and Salvia is an intense trip for a short amount of time.

I think she was trying her best to stay upright and look alert but her body was super heavy from whatever so she was putting a lot of energy into appearing she isn't trashed but it makes her look walk look even weirder.

Been there. Feels kind of like when you walk along time and can't walk anymore and your legs feel like sandbags. It looks like she's placing her weight on her heels as a counterbalance to almost falling forward.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...nkins-hotel-freezer-video-20170915-story.html

I just realized something. I don't know if I'm late and missed someone mentioning but at like 1:07 in this video it cuts and some people were saying this is when you see the video is edited/fake. It is edited, kind of. She goes into that door. The video stops then immediately picks back up. That's the door I believe is the men's restroom if you go back to the map I posted. The video restarts when she comes back up you can see the timestamp jump.

100% agree. Now that we know she died in a freezer, it's easy to criticize the actions that were taken initially. But I don't think anyone would immediately get alarmed when a mother says her 19 year old daughter has been missing for a couple of hours. If I was working at the hotel, my immediate assumption would probably be that she was in someone's room, or that she had left the hotel altogether.

It is reasonable to think that front end staff might not be a bit receptive in that for the previous 3 hours they had about (counting going and out) 60 rambunctious partying teens running about the facility??

I think when a front desk has as far as know two party rooms going ,on security being called in one instance - for front end to find it not worthy a concern about a 19 yr old AA teenager being missing after the previous
three hours?

We have to put on our thinking caps!!

And yes one staffer was at the party ( at least) I do think there was some staff involvement .

Look at a whole pic

its a bigger mess
moo

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...nkins-hotel-freezer-video-20170915-story.html

I just realized something. I don't know if I'm late and missed someone mentioning but at like 1:07 in this video it cuts and some people were saying this is when you see the video is edited/fake. It is edited, kind of. She goes into that door. The video stops then immediately picks back up. That's the door I believe is the men's restroom if you go back to the map I posted. The video restarts when she comes back up you can see the timestamp jump.

This isn't the original video that was released. In the original, she walks out of camera range for several seconds before she comes back into view. I'm guessing this news outlet just cut that part so we aren't staring at an empty hallway for an extended amount of time.

New to this thread and still catching up here, but wanted do say how Elisa Lam-ish this all feels, hotel video, etc.

I've been on it before, too. I assume you weren't drinking alcohol at the time. I wasn't either. We also don't know what form it was in. Anyway, I doubt these kids had it in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was given it in the patch form years ago. It was originally developed for end stage cancer patients (iirc). This today, though, is flooding in from China, unregulated, along with other drugs that you can't easily find in the US. China's doesn't do a very good job at monitoring their chemical and pharmaceutical industries. I'm leaning more toward her drinking Sizzurp, and smoking some weed, though.

I think the media outlets edited it to cut out the dead time. They only wanted to show the parts where she is onscreen.

I can't find the full video of this now. I'm sure I posted it in here. The first time this video was released it did not show her going into that men's restroom however other footage did

This is the other kitchen video i was looking for

[video=twitter;908871965703892992]https://twitter.com/AudrinaBigos/status/908871965703892992[/video]

Dénouement;13638120 said:
I can't find the full video of this now. I'm sure I posted it in here. The first time this video was released it did not show her going into that men's restroom however other footage did

This is the other kitchen video i was looking for

[video=twitter;908871965703892992]https://twitter.com/AudrinaBigos/status/908871965703892992[/video]

Well, they certainly seem to have cameras all over that kitchen! So surely they have one that shows the entrance to that freezer, wouldn't you think? If food were to start disappearing, they would want to be able to see who was taking it!

I said culpability in a civil not blame or fault. A jury or judge deciding a civil case with the information currently available would assign a percentage of culpability to the victim for her decision making to attend and remain at a party in the wee hours of the morning with drugs and alcohol flowing freely. Regardless of how she became intoxicated, she set off on her own and eventually opened the freezer and entered without force or coercion. I would be surprised if they assigned less than 50% to her. I did however leave off 2 other entities who could be assigned a degree of culpability and that is the person(s) booking the room with the fraudulent credit card and the parties that provided alcohol and drugs to underage (under 21) persons.

I have the utmost sympathy for the parties involved but the law is not emotional. Based on the info currently released this is a real probability.
You're stating this as fact when the investigation is still open (or so they say). We don't know how she ended up in that freezer.

My initial glimpse, assessment, imo, she appears drunk (and/or on drugs) and lost/looking for someone/somewhere/something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member