IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow she looks really drunk to me. I've been that drunk before and I've also recreationally taken GHB. When I was stumbling like she was in that video, it was because I was wasted drunk and had the spins. Extra points when I've smoked weed after drinking far too much. Especially considering how young she was, I don't think it's unreasonable to believe she was just really drunk and maybe a bit high.

Not to me. Being super wasted via alcohol causes a different kind of balance issue in my experience. More all around loose and side to side stumbly. She has a weirdly veering gait that I've never seen in a super drunk person. And I've seen a lot of drunks. Including many falling down drunks. (Fun times. :()

Interesting how the post that Kenneka made about her brother being in prison has disappeared from her Facebook page.

How is that relevant to anything? I'm sure based on the scrutiny due to this case, they'd like to keep some things private.

http://wgntv.com/2017/09/15/police-over-30-people-in-hotel-room-the-night-kenneka-jenkins-died/

In this video report they have a LEO saying that he found Kenneka in the freezer and that she was frozen solid. :( It hurts to type that.

I feel so bad for her mom. How can a mom with a missing daughter have her requests for help from police and hotel staff be turned down???? It makes me nauseated to think about. I put myself in Teresa's shoes and it is heart and gut wrenching. I'm so upset that the police said "even IF I did send someone...." what? EVEN IF you did? How does a mom (or anyone) get help in an emergency situation if the police aren't even willing to take her seriously? I'm sick. On top of that the poor thing is recovering from breast cancer, double mastectomy and infections. That is way too much for one person to have to deal with. I'm heartbroken.

Its shockingly dismissive and sad. Such condescension toward a panicked mama.

I also felt bad for the officer who found her. You can hear the distress in his voice. He will never forget finding a young girl frozen to death like that.

I have actually seen twice this week videos my friends tagged in on SM of how to make this stuff. I never realized it was so popular.. I have been off the party scene for many years.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

It's VERY popular. So many rap lyrics with lean references recently have made it even more so. And coming from someone who has close ties to Chicago, it's even more popular there than elsewhere.

ETA: For those unfamiliar, it has codeine in it, which is an opiate like vicodin/heroin/hydrocodone. Mixed with cough syrup you can see where it gets the nickname "lean" from. It quite literally makes people lean and wobble, nod out, fall over, walk into things, etc. Youtube search "high on lean" and see some of the effects.

Her gait indicates to me that they may have been "sippin lean" at that party. It's definitely the new hot drug in hip hop culture.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Lean
https://www.solutions-recovery.com/lean-guide/
Lean has been around for awhile thanks to Lil Wayne, nothing new about it, but still can't rule it out. The video snips of her wandering make her look like she is full on tripping on something. I'm thinking she took X or smoked some laced product.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ok, the FB page is a shizzshow. Poor Gray Hugh's is all over it trying to debunk the "fake" screen shots spouting up like weeds.

Clearly to me there is only one issue.
FACT: child was under the influence.
FACT: child was left on her own (bad choice in retrospect)
FACT: child wound up in freezer and died.
Here's the kicker (to me only).
IF HOTEL & POLICE took Mom seriously right away and did a massive search, could they have found her on time to save her life????!!!

THIS to me is the issue at hand. No matter was she drugged. No matter was she raped, no matter anything. Could she have been found in time if family was permitted to search asap and received help? That's what's hurting my heart.

She's an adult, not a child. And we see the police do this every single day with MP cases.

Lean has been around for awhile thanks to Lil Wayne, nothing new about it, but still can't rule it out. The video snips of her wandering make her look like she is full on tripping on something. I'm thinking she took X or smoked some laced product.

"Lean" has literally been around for decades before hiphop picked it up.. Codeine based cough syrup is one of those things old men used to be known for drinking way, way back in the day.. I'm talking the days when this type of thing legal and sold as a cure all type deal. Can't sleep? Headach? Sore muscles? Try some _____ Elixir!

"Lean" has literally been around for decades before hiphop picked it up.. Codeine based cough syrup is one of those things old men used to be known for drinking way, way back in the day.. I'm talking the days when this type of thing legal and sold as a cure all type deal. Can't sleep? Headach? Sore muscles? Try some _____ Elixir!
Definitely, I meant new hot drug as in it's recently become the "it" drug in hip hop culture and for these types of hotel parties.

Definitely, I meant new hot drug as in it's recently become the "it" drug in hip hop culture and for these types of hotel parties.
Not recent at all, actually. Unless you mean the last 15+ years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

She's an adult, not a child. And we see the police do this every single day with MP cases.
Clarifying "child" as in she was that mother's "child". The mother was stopped from searching for her daughter by hotel. That may be an issue once time of death is determined if this is indeed an accident.

Clarifying "child" as in she was that mother's "child". The mother was stopped from searching for her daughter by hotel. That may be an issue once time of death is determined if this is indeed an accident.

I agree. But I think it is not easy to determine TOD in a death by hypothermia. For starters, hypothermia leaves no signs in the body and is a conclusion reached by eliminating all other possible causes of death. If her tox screen is relatively harmless and there are no other injuries on the body, it will probably be ruled as death by hypothermia. But determining when exactly the death occurred will not be easy. Her BAC will play a role, the temperature in the freezer will play a role, plus every body deals differently with freezing temperatures, some can hold on longer than others. At most a range can be given.

And if her tox screen shows high doses of alcohol and/or any other drugs it could be ruled that she died from that, or possibly died from that, as that is also different from person to person. Some can tolerate more than others. Some hang on longer than others after an overdose.

It's likely several factors together led to this young lady ending up dead and it won't be possible to determine a definite time up until when she could have still been rescued. There's just too much uncertainty in the nature of the circumstances.

All moo.

How is that relevant to anything? I'm sure based on the scrutiny due to this case, they'd like to keep some things private.
It just means that someone has access to edit her Facebook. Interesting to me.

Just think what might have happened if she made it to her car. She could have killed her friends or an innocent motorist. Now that would be a tragedy.

Omg someone just posted about this on fb. If u go to her "best friend's" page you will see a lot of comments about what happened.
Do you be any chance have a link?
There are a lot of accusations with regard to her "friends" being involved. What a twisted story. [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Just think what might have happened if she made it to her car. She could have killed her friends or an innocent motorist. Now that would be a tragedy.

RSBM

Well ... alrighty then.
:sigh:

I thought her friends had her car keys and her phone.

Do you be any chance have a link?
There are a lot of accusations with regard to her "friends" being involved. What a twisted story. [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

We are not allowed here per TOS to link to random people on fb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member