IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Most stories have a pic of the last place anyone seen an official pic of the freezer?

One would think that if the doors as as easy to open as the hotel says there PR folks might help the public understand how easy it is to accidently end up deceased in one?

In a story that has gone international one might think that that a quick presser assuring the globe that the investigation is forefront on the small police force agenda.

A dept in a city of 4000 would be stretched tho with so many particpants.

It is kind of like an elderly pt refusing help to cross the street - I cant understand a reason not to embrace FBI support and help.

If for nothing else to speed the process up considering the the attn this odd tradegy has attracted
Has anyone seen any YT posts describing all lthe ways this make sense? I have not come across one.

It is also unique that local tv outlets dropped followup shortly afterwards and really appear not to have sent any reporters on any of their own investigations.

Especially print media .

Any f/u by LE regarding the four folks they claim to want to talk to ?

In this day and age when they hit a dead end they often decide to release pics asking the publics help in IDing them. Has anyone seen an attempt like that thus far?

If an individual wants to see their entire loved ones deceased body do they typically honor that request if asked? I just found it interesting that mom pointed out specifically that would only let her see her child from the neck up - mom mentioning it specifically I found unique

I think a cold body would really make it hard to determine time of death

moo

The Google earth street view thing still works. Has anyone done a full "walk through" of the hotel?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I've tried to do a full "walk through" of the hotel but I can't get it to work. I must be doing something wrong. :facepalm:

Its an old hotel. WIth 47 cameras one might think that over 30 years some cameras would break and need replacement..

In our day and age and technology it seems as if it would be impossible not to get differing quality and resolution , as CCTV cameras need replacement due to failure .

All cctv seems to be universally hideous throughout this particular facility. What are the odds of that when talking about 47 cameras.

The resolution rates are all the same no matter the angle and model throughout .

I can understand one mom and pop operation with one camera having one old camera - but 47 identical pic quality levels is unique imo

Know what just hit me. I cant think of story where MSM does not |report| on deceased was employed at CCC for the last cccc.

Her friend worked at XXXX her other friend worked at XXXXXX

it seems as if MSM has never asked ???

not typical imo

we knew the killer professor was a professor we knew James Holmes was in grad school
we knew Omar worked security we knew they chiropractors that jumped etc etc etc

there has been nothing about vocation of anyone ???

Sure they did CARIIS. Kenneka worked at a nursing home and was out that night to celebrate her new position at her job. In regards to her friends that were there, why would MSM report on where they worked when most of them haven't been named/discussed?

https://www.google.com/amp/fox59.co...found-dead-inside-hotels-walk-in-freezer/amp/

FWIW...I just went back on Google Earth to look around inside the hotel again. Well you can't anymore. The capability of looking inside the hotel is no longer available!

IMO, something happened on the main lobby!! Now of all sudden they don't want you to look around in the main level??

I'm still convinced the freezer she was found in was in the unused kitchen on the mail level. IMO. Things keep getting weirder

I am not good with the little yellow man walking around inside places.

Has management actually gone out of itw way to contact Google (sounds like a hassle in and of itself) and have that feature killed?

In this day and age I am confident many younger folks would use that feature prior to booking.

It sure seems as if the is not really good publicity for a hotel to disable a feature that allows the facility to show off its amenities and features and benefits etc

I wonder why management would no longer want the public to see the benefits of staying there as opposed to a competitor??

Very interesting --its a little too late tho !!

You Tubers have been crawling all over the place for weeks with cameras rolling !!

They have loved kitchens! It appears as if the public's notion is there is a freezer two in the joint--the endless live videos from inside all the kitchen areas are in error

There are banks and banks and banks of huge refrigerators freezers throughout the kitchen areas - some locked some not

Dozens and dozens .

They found the exact one tho in a reasonable amount of time considering the many many many they would have had to go through

Has the employee who "found" her ever been ided - or interviewed if they wanted to be

Often in situations like this the person that found the scene of an incident such as this finds in therapeutic to talk.

To this day I don't understand , according to the sister on channel 5, that they were confused about who located and entered some freezer in some basement area and remained confused as to who ran up and told LE about the discovery.

They told the sister initially it was a fireman then according to her they called her mother to tell her some random employee made the discovery several days later .

Sisters interview with channel 5 dressed in purple has been linked often here.

I just think LE would remember if someone dressed in a hotel uniform or one of their own made the final discovery and started the removal process ....

def unique...........................

Sure they did CARIIS. Kenneka worked at a nursing home and was out that night to celebrate her new position at her job. In regards to her friends that were there, why would MSM report on where they worked when most of them haven't been named/discussed?

https://www.google.com/amp/fox59.co...found-dead-inside-hotels-walk-in-freezer/amp/

TY!

I was referring to the three girls that accompanied her -- where does M work what about Irene ?

It has been speculated that they work at that hotel -- but never confirmed .

TY!

I was referring to the three girls that accompanied her -- where does M work what about Irene ?

It has been speculated that they work at that hotel -- but never confirmed .

Well you compared to James Holmes who is a murderer, however there is no indication kenneka was murdered by anyone, especially her friends. If it's not a murder investigation I don't think there's really a reason for MSM to dig into the lives of 19 year old girls, JMO.

Terrible quality video, but from the looks of it, it appears that this hotels kitchen is fact, really quite enormous...
[video=youtube;2NyTkQaJccc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NyTkQaJccc&sns=em[/video]

Someone asked earlier about whether autopsy results were public record in Rosemont so here goes. Rosemont is in Cook County , Illinois and here is the information on the county site.
[h=4]Requesting an autopsy report[/h][FONT=&quot]Copies of Postmortem reports can be obtained through the Medical Record Department. A written statement including the decedent’s name, date of death, and your relationship can be mailed to:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Office of the Medical Examiner
2121 West Harrison, Chicago, IL 60612
ATTN: Medical Records.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please include your return address along with a phone number where you can be reached. Once the file has been completed, you will be notified of the charges. At the discretion of ME, photos will be released to the legal next of kin; in other instances, a court order may be required.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Per the State of Illinois, Public Act 096-1161, fees are as follows:[/FONT]

• Autopsy Reports: $50.00
  • Toxicology Reports: $25.00
  • Miscellaneous Reports: $25.00
  • Photos: $5.00 per photo
  • X-rays: $10.00 per x-ray
  • Histology slides: $5.50 per slide
NOTE: Do not send payment until you have received a bill from this office. Acceptable methods of payment are: cash, cashier’s check or money order.

https://www.cookcountyil.gov/service/how-obtain-recordsreports

See where I get messed up is the physical part of the autopsy is done. They know all this stuff already.

It feels like stalling -- unless -- they plan to release the real version later, then they might not release anything now but if she was murdered - the murderer would know they know what happened to her physically -- so how would releasing that info give anything away??

\The no foul play and death investigation stuff IMO happened way to fast

Nominally , it is like no comment we are investigating but to point out over and over right away no foul play seems awful quick

I never saw any police tape

I never heard ( media would have gotten this) 9th floor closed off

Anyone hear about any fingerprints in elevator again media would get that stuff

so it was instant no foul play bye

that is not how it is usually handled IMO

I think it's too early in the investigation to decide that the police have ruled out foul play, are attempting a cover up, etc. Thanks to TV crime shows, people expect these investigations to get wrapped up so quickly! We also expect the police to keep us updated on everything they find, even though we have no right to that information. If the police have found evidence that she was murdered, I can understand why they wouldn't inform the public yet. They have had a hard time locating and talking with all the people who attended the party as it is. If they announce that they are looking for a murder suspect, getting anyone to talk will be so much harder! There is a general distrust of police these days, especially in the black community. People do NOT want to get involved in murder investigations, and I don't blame them one bit! This death happened less than 3 weeks ago!! I think the family and the protesters are putting ridiculous expectations on LE at this point.

Anyone know for sure what time Kenneka was seen on videos? Mom has said the girls called her @ 3-"something" (according to the 911 call). Wasn't she seen on some of the camera video around 3:30 or thereabouts?

Yes, the Chicago Tribune reported that the police told the family that she was spotted on video stumbling around near the front desk at 3:30 am.

I was searching for an obit and this came up. I've yet to find an obit for the child.
BBM

https://newsone.com/3749235/kenneka-jenkins-funeral/

I have never seen anything quite like this. I could have missed it, but we've not heard anything about the protest on the nightly news or any news.

The protest never got picked up on national news. They couldn't get air time picked up outside of Chicago. The bicycle cops have handled things pretty well so it's not gotten any airtime from people thinking that LE, is either not doing enough, or doing too much, and, come to think of it, I've got in-laws in the suburbs of Chicago, and they've not said a peep about any marches in Chicago. There's been so many things in the news lately though, that it's possible that I missed it. Like you said JusThaFax, "protesting what?". There's really been nothing to protest against, or for, at this point. Then Jedediah Brown went on t.v. today and I'm really thinking he's just very sketchy at this point. The whole thing is unsettling.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

In regards to the article you link, NewsOne has no business associating their name with the actual news. From the beginning, they have reported information about this case that is absolutely false. All of their articles have been opinion pieces disguised as "news". I emailed the author and told him that too. From what I can tell, it's only one "reporter" writing every one of these stories.

I haven't seen anything on the television news about this case after the first day or two of it happening. I think most of the attention it's gotten has been from social media. I don't know how big the protests have been (some of the protesters claim there have been up to 2000 people out there, but it's hard for me to believe from the videos I've seen. Apparently, several of them have gotten arrested. One of them has been charged with FIVE different offenses! How is this helping Kenneka's case? If the police are busy processing all of these arrested protesters through the system, they don't have as much time to focus on the investigation!

And several of these "Freedom Fighters" seem to be really enjoying their newfound "fame" on social media. They are on Facebook Live daily, talking about their own lives and hardships, instead of Kenneka!

I think Jedidiah Brown and his group are very questionable, and I think the mom is right when she says they are making a profit off this tragedy.

I've tried to do a full "walk through" of the hotel but I can't get it to work. I must be doing something wrong. :facepalm:

FWIW it only lets you walk through the main level.
And the other day for some odd reason you couldn't walk through it at all. Like it was disabled or something.

They gave two versions - one outside the room and then one down the lobby.

It does not make sense IMO cause that is not at all what happened!

If ya look when they came in I think only one girl had a purse so maybe they gave the keys to her just speculating.

a 19 year old in this day and age forgetting a cell is hard to imagine no how matter how altered- its the same as leg to the generation !

I agree with you about the phone. This girl's phone was very important to her, judging from her social media posts. It's hard to believe she would have had someone else hold it in the first place. She had pockets.

I agree with you about the phone. This girl's phone was very important to her, judging from her social media posts. It's hard to believe she would have had someone else hold it in the first place. She had pockets.

She was so intoxicated she didn't know what she was doing. She wasn't making well thought out plans or decisions at that point.

One of my best friends in middle school thru college was a hot mess when she drank. She would wander away, disappear for hours, pass out in random inappropriate places, leave with random dudes.. you get the point. She has def lost her purse before, but I NEVER remember her losing her phone. She had that thing glued to her hand 24/7. Granted it was more likely because she was drunk texting her ex bf instead of bc of social media, but the point is, when someone is really attached to their phone, even in a very altered state, it's IMO unlikely that they are going to leave it around for just anyone to look thru or steal. JMO

One of my best friends in middle school thru college was a hot mess when she drank. She would wander away, disappear for hours, pass out in random inappropriate places, leave with random dudes.. you get the point. She has def lost her purse before, but I NEVER remember her losing her phone. She had that thing glued to her hand 24/7. Granted it was more likely because she was drunk texting her ex bf instead of bc of social media, but the point is, when someone is really attached to their phone, even in a very altered state, it's IMO unlikely that they are going to leave it around for just anyone to look thru or steal. JMO

I feel the same way. But I guess it's possible she may have been like your friend and prone to drunk-texting, so she had a friend hold it to prevent herself from doing that.

Terrible quality video, but from the looks of it, it appears that this hotels kitchen is fact, really quite enormous...
[video=youtube;2NyTkQaJccc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NyTkQaJccc&sns=em[/video]

Big kitchen for sure but it's not the one she was found in. IMOO, KJ died on the conference level and then her body was put in a freezer of the kitchen on the mail level.

IMOO !

attachment.php

Glad someone posted some footage from the basement kitchen. This is a screenshot from the same kitchen, but a clearer video.

Now.... if you've been following my posts you know I believe she was found on the kitchen in the lobby area, and I think this illustrates how. There's a freight elevator at the end of the hallway, I'm willing to bet it goes into that unmarked kitchen area which is right by the dock!

I think that's how she ended up in the freezer on the above floor. I don't think she got on that elevator willingly, but I could be wrong about that.

( Freight elevator door visible at 3:48 in the video catastrophe posted )

Attachments

• 8XMAaH2.jpg
    8XMAaH2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 234
I feel the same way. But I guess it's possible she may have been like your friend and prone to drunk-texting, so she had a friend hold it to prevent herself from doing that.

True. Or right before they left the hotel room she could have put it down to go to the bathroom and forgot to grab it off the counter or something. IMO she was probably starting to really feel the effects of whatever was in her system as they were leaving the hotel room. I know a lot of people can't believe the friends left her in the lobby alone - and I am NOT saying what they did is right- but I am wondering if she was "sloppy" (for lack of better word) at this point and the friends didn't feel like dealing with getting to the elevator, up the elevator, to the room, and then back downstairs. Maybe they figured it'd be quicker and easier if she stayed put on a bench in the lobby while they went back upstairs. Granted I don't think all 3 needed to go, but maybe they were annoyed with her demeanor and none of them wanted to deal with it. Dealing with my previously mentioned friend at the end of the night was always really frustrating and led to many fights within our group. And again I am NOT justifying them leaving her alone by any means - I am huge on never leaving someone alone, especially when drunk - but I am just wondering if that was their thought process at the time. Hindsight is 20/20 and I am sure Kenneka's friends wish they could turn back the clock. Sorry for babbling lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back