IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was referring to the number of refridges in the area i think people have the idea of a kitchen

the kitchen area down there goes on and on and on and on

check out videos that were posted by people that when in afterwards and walked all around the kitchens (plural) in that area -- its incredible

there are 27 meeting rooms

there are 4700 seats avail

its actually 48 000 sq ft of space

built in 75

renov 2009

Considering the time of day and day of the week they had so many staff on hand to search while continuing hotel operations !

Someone popping in - according to them -- the said kitchen for 5 secs -- while engaging in a massive search confuses me

In just the kitchen video we have seen - I wonder what a searcher expected to find in 5 seconds??

At the same time IMO it would make sense after seeing the alleged video (that police said they recreated) to send someone down there for a quick glance to make sure nothing awful was in plain site moo - that makes more sense for a 5 second pop in according to officials . They remain confused about who did the pop in.
there security features are (yeh right)

Uniformed security

all sorts of info regarding the enormity of their conference capacity here

http://www.meetings-conventions.com/Meeting-Facilities/Rosemont-IL/Hotels
--

you confused me when you said "Considering the time of day and day of the week they had so many staff on hand to search while continuing hotel operations !"
at 3 am, there would be a minimum of staff, and the kitchens were most likely all closed down, cleaned, ready for tomorrow, do any hotels keep a kitchen open all night?

That is why I found learning that the banks of elevators on that sound have both front and back doors so informative .

Affords a lot of opportunity for movement that has a greater chance of not being on CCTV.

We know from the video (where the mom and kid exit) that the elevators are not programmed to park and open the doors while at there parked location.

Did it not open and nothing happened at one point ??

Just a curiosity FYI:
These front and rear elevator doors have made me curious. I wonder if staff only can access the rear doors, or any joe-blow off the street can enter/exit them. I asked DH (who works at a university and knows a bit about elevator); he said it can be either way (access by all, or only by a key). He also said to can be programmed to need a key for any floor or door, but it HAS to be done by a certified elevator person.

I wonder how these elevators are programmed, and who has access to their key(s)

Going back to the 911 call*, again. I slowed it down, and listened to it again, and edited a few things that I think I misunderstood, on the first go round. I wanted to go back over it to be as accurate as possible. Hope this isn't too confusing. Mom says that KJ's friends called her at 3:00 something a.m. that morning, and tell her that they can't find KJ. Well, from the released video, it seems that KJ had been wandering around since well before 3:20 a.m., so she had to have been missing for more than 3-4 hours by 7:15 a.m. I keep going back to the 911 call, and what the friends are telling KJ's mother, just doesn't line up. There may be no foul play on their part but for some reason, they ended up with her phone, keys, and car, but no KJ, and didn't notice her missing until 3:00 a.m., but she was walking into a freezer at 3:20 a.m. The friends leave the hotel at 4:00 am-ish, then Mom has her car back, and gets to the hotel by 5:00 a.m.-ish.

I played the 911 call back at .75 speed, in addition to using a newer set of headphones. The call was much easier to follow in .75 speed (for me anyway). I'm attaching the edited 911 transcript in pdf format. Hope it uploads.

• TM (Mom) called 911 from the hotel parking lot, at about 7:15 a.m**., that Saturday morning after she was told by KJ's friends, that KJ was missing. She states in the 911 call, that KJ's friends kept calling her phone, and she told them to stay out there, and that they'd called her "like about 3:00 somethin' " that morning. This begins at the 3:05 mark. ***

• The 911 Operator tells TM that she can file the missing report at any time, and can either come back to Rosemont to do so, or try to file it in Chicago, where she lives. He recommends by all means filing a report if KJ doesn't show in a couple of hours, by 10-11 o'clock. KJ's mom states she'll give it 24 hours. This begins at the 8:20 mark through end of call.***

• KJ's sister files the missing person report, five hours later, that day, at 1:16 p.m. p.m.**

• KJ's sister is the last person to hear from her via text, at 1:30 a.m. No one has ever disclosed the subject of that text. **

**https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicag...us-questions-remain-in-kenneka-jenkins-death/

*** @3:05 minute mark into 911 call:
and ughm her friends kept calling my phone. I told them to stay out here they stayed out here they called me like about three somethin' in the morning. I was laying in the bed...

*** @8:20 minute mark into 911 call:
M: Yes I thank you. Okay and so when do you, how long does it take for me to file a missing person report?

O: Well, well, you can, you can file it at, at uh, at any time it just uh, like I said, you know, just give it a little bit of time you know if you hadn't heard from her by I wanna say about 10-11 o'clock then by all means, you know, give us a call again you can come to the station and we can help you out from there.

M: Okay. I live in Chicago. Would it be better for me to come back to you all's station or should go in at Chicago and make out a missing report.

O: You know I think , You know what, you can try to file it out in Chicago they may tell you to come here since it happened in our town but I do know that since she I do know that since she lives with uh obviously she lives with you in the city, I think this might actually fall on them, or at least they'll be able to take the report and then they'll get in contact with us and we'll be able to help them out with the investigation from there.

M: Okay well it doesn't it doesn't matter whichever one, uhm if I have to come back out here, I'll come back out here, but as long as if we'll be able to see, but if I come, okay I give it to tommorrow. It's 24 hours. After 24 hours, do you think that we'd still be able to see the video camera of today the surveillance camera for today.

O: Yes. Yes Yes we'd definitely be able to probably, yes we'd definitely, be able to get the footage.

M: Okay. Thank You.

* KJ_911 transcript.pdf (attached) Spacing is a bit off. M = Mom O = 911 Operator

Attachments

• KJ_911 transcript.pdf
    44.3 KB · Views: 2
Going back to the 911 call*, again. I slowed it down, and listened to it again, and edited a few things that I think I misunderstood, on the first go round. I wanted to go back over it to be as accurate as possible. Hope this isn't too confusing. Mom says that KJ's friends called her at 3:00 something a.m. that morning, and tell her that they can't find KJ. Well, from the released video, it seems that KJ had been wandering around since well before 3:20 a.m., so she had to have been missing for more than 3-4 hours by 7:15 a.m. I keep going back to the 911 call, and what the friends are telling KJ's mother, just doesn't line up. There may be no foul play on their part but for some reason, they ended up with her phone, keys, and car, but no KJ, and didn't notice her missing until 3:00 a.m., but she was walking into a freezer at 3:20 a.m. The friends leave the hotel at 4:00 am-ish, then Mom has her car back, and gets to the hotel by 5:00 a.m.-ish.

I played the 911 call back at .75 speed, in addition to using a newer set of headphones. The call was much easier to follow in .75 speed (for me anyway). I'm attaching the edited 911 transcript in pdf format. Hope it uploads.

• TM (Mom) called 911 from the hotel parking lot, at about 7:15 a.m**., that Saturday morning after she was told by KJ's friends, that KJ was missing. She states in the 911 call, that KJ's friends kept calling her phone, and she told them to stay out there, and that they'd called her "like about 3:00 somethin' " that morning. This begins at the 3:05 mark. ***

• The 911 Operator tells TM that she can file the missing report at any time, and can either come back to Rosemont to do so, or try to file it in Chicago, where she lives. He recommends by all means filing a report if KJ doesn't show in a couple of hours, by 10-11 o'clock. KJ's mom states she'll give it 24 hours. This begins at the 8:20 mark through end of call.***

• KJ's sister files the missing person report, five hours later, that day, at 1:16 p.m. p.m.**

• KJ's sister is the last person to hear from her via text, at 1:30 a.m. No one has ever disclosed the subject of that text. **

**https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicag...us-questions-remain-in-kenneka-jenkins-death/

*** @3:05 minute mark into 911 call:
and ughm her friends kept calling my phone. I told them to stay out here they stayed out here they called me like about three somethin' in the morning. I was laying in the bed...

*** @8:20 minute mark into 911 call:
M: Yes I thank you. Okay and so when do you, how long does it take for me to file a missing person report?

O: Well, well, you can, you can file it at, at uh, at any time it just uh, like I said, you know, just give it a little bit of time you know if you hadn't heard from her by I wanna say about 10-11 o'clock then by all means, you know, give us a call again you can come to the station and we can help you out from there.

M: Okay. I live in Chicago. Would it be better for me to come back to you all's station or should go in at Chicago and make out a missing report.

O: You know I think , You know what, you can try to file it out in Chicago they may tell you to come here since it happened in our town but I do know that since she I do know that since she lives with uh obviously she lives with you in the city, I think this might actually fall on them, or at least they'll be able to take the report and then they'll get in contact with us and we'll be able to help them out with the investigation from there.

M: Okay well it doesn't it doesn't matter whichever one, uhm if I have to come back out here, I'll come back out here, but as long as if we'll be able to see, but if I come, okay I give it to tommorrow. It's 24 hours. After 24 hours, do you think that we'd still be able to see the video camera of today the surveillance camera for today.

O: Yes. Yes Yes we'd definitely be able to probably, yes we'd definitely, be able to get the footage.

M: Okay. Thank You.

* KJ_911 transcript.pdf (attached) Spacing is a bit off. M = Mom O = 911 Operator

I've posted asking the same question! What did the text message say from KJ to her sister? Can we assume the sister was TH? Because KJ has a sister from her dads side.

Early on when TH was giving an interview (she had on a purple shirt and bandanna) the reporter asks her as well what the text message was and TH stumbled on answering and the reporter said there were reports that KJ made contact with her sister around 1:30am and TH says no it was me.
So then who and what did it say?

I've gone back and read several news articles that give the impression that the video of KJ walking through that kitchen is the very last time she is seen on camera, and that she was heading in the direction of the freezer she was later found in. But it seems like everyone now believes that is NOT the kitchen she was found in. Do we have confirmation of that, or is that theory based on the person who found her saying he was on near the docks by the garbage and by the maps of the hotel?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/09/16/us/chicago-freezer-death/index.html

Her lawyers said in the press conference that the video that shows KJ walking in the kitchen is NOT WHERE SHE WAS FOUND. If you go back again to the interview with TH the reporter asks her where the freezer was if you listen to her directions and colors of doors she guides you into the unused Kitchen on lobby level (main level.) Someone also next to her said "oh it's in the basement right?" And LH responded with "No it's in the lobby."

Another point that makes me believe the kitchen is on lobby level (main level). KJ's uncle aka TM brother put up in YouTube the path in which TM and TH took to the kitchen that day to ID KJ..he's on the lobby level!!

I've posted asking the same question! What did the text message say from KJ to her sister? Can we assume the sister was TH? Because KJ has a sister from her dads side.

Early on when TH was giving an interview (she had on a purple shirt and bandanna) the reporter asks her as well what the text message was and TH stumbled on answering and the reporter said there were reports that KJ made contact with her sister around 1:30am and TH says no it was me.

Yes, you are right! When the reporter asked TH about the text, she seemed so confused, like she had never heard about it before! And that is definitely something you wouldn't forget. Did the text even happen?

Yes, you are right! When the reporter asked TH about the text, she seemed so confused, like she had never heard about it before! And that is definitely something you wouldn't forget. Did the text even happen?

Most MSM articles with a timeline from that night state KJ sent a text message to her sister at 130am.

If it wasn't true I'm assuming they would have cleared that up by now? IMO

Her lawyers said in the press conference that the video that shows KJ walking in the kitchen is NOT WHERE SHE WAS FOUND. If you go back again to the interview with TH the reporter asks her where the freezer was if you listen to her directions and colors of doors she guides you into the unused Kitchen on lobby level (main level.) Someone also next to her said "oh it's in the basement right?" And LH responded with "No it's in the lobby."

Another point that makes me believe the kitchen is on lobby level (main level). KJ's uncle aka TM brother put up in YouTube the path in which TM and TH took to the kitchen that day to ID KJ..he's on the lobby level!!

This makes me wonder why all of the early news stories said she was walking to the freezer through that kitchen and was never seen again. Did the media get it wrong, or is that what they were told by either the police or the hotel? And how did they pick which parts of the surveillance footage to release to the public? We know there is more footage. There is definitely video of her at the front desk, and there must be elevator and other hallway footage. Did they pick the clips that made her appear the most impaired, so that we could easily imagine her locking herself in the freezer? Are there hotel employees present in the video of her stumbling around the front desk? Did they ignore her, laugh at her, or worse? I wonder if there has been some spin put on this story to make it look like there was no one at fault but Keneeka.

I saw that too. I thought at first that was her only sibling but, from what I gather, KJ has several siblings on her mom's side. I'm not sure if they are male or female though.

Also, why would KJ's Mom, and the protesters say that LE dropped the ball, when KJ's mom was clearly told that she could file the report anytime, but she's the one that said she'd wait 24 hours, and even asked if the camera footage would still be available if she waited 24 hours. I don't really follow that logic. KJ's sister is the one who actually filed the missing person report. Is TH the sister that filed the report? If so, she says she didn't receive a text at all. If not, maybe the sister who rec'd the text is the one who filed the report, and the text gave her reason to not want to wait 24 hours. Hope I've made some sort of sense.

We all follow cases typically for the first couple of weeks of a global mystery we get some info from authorities

Why would it be there has been no updates for days and days?

I saw that too. I thought at first that was her only sibling but, from what I gather, KJ has several siblings on her mom's side. I'm not sure if they are male or female though.

Also, why would KJ's Mom, and the protesters say that LE dropped the ball, when KJ's mom was clearly told that she could file the report anytime, but she's the one that said she'd wait 24 hours, and even asked if the camera footage would still be available if she waited 24 hours. I don't really follow that logic. KJ's sister is the one who actually filed the missing person report. Is TH the sister that filed the report? If so, she says she didn't receive a text at all. If not, maybe the sister who rec'd the text is the one who filed the report, and the text gave her reason to not want to wait 24 hours. Hope I've made some sort of sense.

For the first couple of days it was reported that K communicated with her sister .

In the channel 5 long interview with the sister she denied that

for several days how could that not be cleared up??

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicag...neka-jenkins-family-tours-crowne-plaza-hotel/

This article mentions the text message sent to the sister and the sister filing the missing persons report. But it doesn't say the sister name.

If TH lived with KJ I guess it would be her that filled it? That's another mystery IMOO

This makes me wonder why all of the early news stories said she was walking to the freezer through that kitchen and was never seen again. Did the media get it wrong, or is that what they were told by either the police or the hotel? And how did they pick which parts of the surveillance footage to release to the public? We know there is more footage. There is definitely video of her at the front desk, and there must be elevator and other hallway footage. Did they pick the clips that made her appear the most impaired, so that we could easily imagine her locking herself in the freezer? Are there hotel employees present in the video of her stumbling around the front desk? Did they ignore her, laugh at her, or worse? I wonder if there has been some spin put on this story to make it look like there was no one at fault but Keneeka.

IMOO and I truly believe that video shown of KJ in the kitchen is the one on the conference level. I think something happened down there and then someone used the freight elevator to move KJ body from the conference level to the unused kitchen in the lobby.

If one checks it out there is no longer any mandate that 24 hours is needed to file a report on an adult -- legally it is a myth

the cop on the dispatch call relayed totally wrong information

it simply is not the truth or any law

i wonder why a cop would relay that info for a myth that has been disproved for so many years ??

If one checks it out there is no longer any mandate that 24 hours is needed to file a report on an adult -- legally it is a myth

i wonder why a cop would relay that info for a myth that has been disproved for so many years ??

The cop never told her she had to wait 24hrs. He told her she could file one at anytime. TM DECIDED ON HER OWN to wait 24hours.
And it was a 911 dispatcher TM was talking to.

Read the 911 call again.

Main stream media has not followed any any background -- not confirmed but mom has had 6 kids but this is not confirmed

The cop never told her she had to wait 24hrs. He told her she could file one at anytime. TM DECIDED ON HER OWN to wait 24hours.

Read the 911 call again.

I concur ! He made it clear on more than one one instance that her child is 19 ( the implication being that a 19 year old cant g
be confused and offered her a 3 4 to
four timeframe to enable a young lady that by that point point had not been seen for hours and people that were with her had decided to drive moms car home

Oh my goodness I would never drive a friends mothers car high back to her mother without her kid I would have to be looking for moms child until the sun came up

talk about some judgement errors

What is interesting is in the the big city of Chicago a big group of kids would drive 45 minutes to a hotel party knowing that they would be partaking of partying

There has been no information about how Irene left.

In addition there is no reason why 35 kids that drove 45 min to a hotel party that appeared to start around 130 and it seems ended at 230/;

For that amount of time meet in a park where you live for 45 60 minutes jmo

The hotel has not tried to protect themselves by early on stating a staff member was summoned to the room of the complaints and immediately
directed all people to vacant the room and leave the property or LE will be arriving .

It is more baffling that right after the person that came the door and left they turned up the music again disrupting more guests

notions as to why they were not disbanded on the visit ?

Why is there so much confusion of it was a security guard or the manager clothing would pretty much clear that up upon opening the door?

A manager is in different attire than a rent a cop no ?

IIRC no official has ever stated that the freezer is there after she disappears from the shot - the only thing being stated is that , supposedly--this is the last CCTV , in a massive wrap around kitchen,

The kitchen is enormous -- when all meeting rooms are being used wait staff dont typically have to walk all the way back to one central kitchen casue there is "a" kitchen.

The same would have to be said for all the other food and drink entities within the property

Its kinda like - from my experience in these settings - each room has its own food prep area for each meeting room .

the bigger rooms have bigger service areas for food and drink.

As we have seen the corridor for the meeting rooms is very very long - if a meeting room is at the end of that very long corridor wait staff cant be schelping all the way to the other end of the whole corridor for some water or a cart of roast beef!!

That is why there are so many refrigerators and freezers throughout the massive food prep areas -- each is like its own contained prep area .

In the videos I have seen from people going into the kitchen after the tragedy the best way to describe all the refridges and freezers is like being in the appliance section of a Lowes or Home Depot one after the other after the other.

Its like banks of cooling entities -- .

Kinda like if you took dominos and lined them up and then took another row of dominoes and lined them up parallel one row would be the meeting rooms and the next row would be the kitchens -- wrapping around each meeting room.

IIRC the hotel has 55,000 (not a typo!)sq feet of meeting space so it makes sense that many kitchens are necc to accommodate each meeting room

It was kinda like this but longer side by side by side -when I saw it I was amazed at how they found the exact freezer.

_5695891.jpg

moo

I was just thinking, what if that is the last CCTV footage of her, at 3:20 a.m. in the morning, as she entered, or went out of view, and up a level, somehow, into the new restaurant area that is being refurbished/under construction. What if that particular restaurant did not have any CCTV feeds up yet because they'd just started work, had taken old ones out, and hadn't installed new ones yet. No one was using that area so there really wasn't much one could steal, so no worries. Maybe they'd left the freezer on over the weekend to see if it worked ok. I know this will sound weird, but the one sister said there was nothing in there but an ice cube. If the ice cube was gone on Monday, when they came into work, the freezer either wasn't working right or there was a short. It's kind of like the penny trick you can use if your going away from home for a long period of time. Fill a cup with water, freeze it, then put a penny on top of the ice. Leave it in your freezer. If you ever come home from a trip, and the penny is no longer on top of the ice, you've had a significant power outage, and the power has come back on if the the water has re-frozen. Don't eat the food in your freezer. I know, it's probably not the case, but, ya never know. :thinking:

We all follow cases typically for the first couple of weeks of a global mystery we get some info from authorities

Why would it be there has been no updates for days and days?

Because maybe it's not a mystery. Maybe LE isn't saying anything bc there's nothing to say. I know you don't want to believe it, but it's highly possible there was nothing on the surveillance tapes to indicate anyone else was anywhere near kenneka, let alone that a crime was committed. Toxicology is going to take a while, so it makes sense they aren't making statements on the autopsy.

Also, kenneka is being laid to rest this weekend. It's possible LE is not saying anything because they don't want the protestors and activists to start crap right before/at/during services for kenneka.

With this case LE is damned if they do and damned if they don't. I can't blame them for not saying anything to the public. They have already said it is a death investigation - not murder investigation - so why is the public entitled to information on a young woman's death? JMO

The 911 operator told her she could file the missing person report anytime, and, that he'd recommend, if she'd not heard anything within the next couple of hours, to definitely go ahead and file the report. Then, out of the blue, KJ's mother tells the 911 operator that she'll give it 24 hours. No one suggested that she wait 24 hours to file the report.

What is the Chicago Police Department's definition of a missing person?
A missing juvenile is a person under 17 years of age whose whereabouts are unknown by a person having the responsibility for his welfare. A missing adult is a person seventeen years or older whose whereabouts are unknown by close family members, friends, or associates; the absence is unaccounted for; and unusual circumstances exist surrounding the absence.

https://portal.chicagopolice.org/portal/page/portal/ClearPath/FAQ/Missing Persons

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back