IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FWIW, I think "not on duty" in the above oxygen article meant she was not 'on the clock' when she went missing. Not that she wasn't scheduled to work that day....

If they can't discuss personnel matters how does her mom know she called off?

While it is encouraging to see Kierra’s name back on the banner at the top of the homepage, the lack of press coverage is very concerning.

For example, the bones the searchers found during a search back on November 30th:

“Area South detectives took possession of the bones to determine whether they were human, according to Chicago Police Department spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7ch...ing-pregnant-postal-worker-continues/4800526/

In other cases I have followed, it usually takes only a few days (if that) to determine whether a bone is human or not. I would expect MSM to follow up on this. If the answer from LE is something along the lines of “As this is an active investigation, we cannot share specifics at this time,” though frustrating, I would accept that.

In the meantime, I will continue to keep Kierra, her baby and family in my thoughts and prayers. We can’t let this case go cold.

When I logged in and saw Kierra's name as the new banner here at WS, I was so happy for her family and those who know and love her. But to see only one post since the banner was changed is so very disheartening for Kierra. I realize there is nothing new in the news but I was so hoping there were new eyes reading through the thread, bringing some new ideas or insight, or even support for her family, should one of them find their way here at some point.

But such is the cycle of news, and missing people...

I am confident that LE is working Kierra's case.

I wish family and friends were screaming from the rooftops and that this was national news. On my news last night and again this morning, I heard about one woman missing from another state (who has an active thread here with many, many posts) and one local person missing, but not about Kierra.

Please, don't defend the media or explain to me why Kierra's case isn't getting the same press, etc. I get it, I do. Just send your love and hope to her family, virtually, and, if you can, offer a new idea or suggestion. I've gone down several rabbit holes on this one and have the same suspicions as so many of you. But until she is found, or LE has enough to make an announcement or an arrest, we continue sleuthing.

Thanks to anyone who reads Kierra's story here.

This is wild I live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and follow all the news pages and stuff I'm a valued commenter on Nancy Grace cuz I have no life and I haven't heard of this case until now. Sad. :(

Well thank you for reading about Kierra now. Glad you stopped by. I see so many posts today about who Casey Anthony is dating but so few posts here for Kierra... who is pregnant and missing.

I wonder if that is because LEO has identified a POI, and they are waiting for more information, evidence.

Let's hope that they have a POI. There is so much violent crime in Chicago and plenty of missing people at any given time, that we really need the public to make noise about this case, in my opinion. I'm certain that Kierra's family is doing everything they can to keep the police invested in finding Kierra, but there are only so many LE resources in a city like Chicago. If anyone has Twitter and can ask the local news to stay on top of this case, that might help as well.

Last edited:
I remember originally hearing about this case when it happened and seeing this beautiful young lady on the way to her car in a surveillance video looking confident and happy as though she did not have a care in the world. It reminds me of a case in Kilgore where a young lady also about the same age went missing. It was a small town so there was gossip enough talk for police to make arrests although her body has not been recovered. Sadly, in the big metro areas people are more disconnected, and crimes can just randomly happen where the person does not even link to the person committing the crime. I am so very sorry for this family. It must be especially sad during this holiday season. Praying that she is safely found.

I wonder if that is because LEO has identified a POI, and they are waiting for more information, evidence.
Yes, I also think this maybe why the thread is slow and not much media.The answer is apparent just waiting for LE. Blaming race is unfair.

Did the AUNT and FRIEND take Lie Detection Tests?

Has there been any activity on her Bank Cards after Oct 2?

“Regina Kennedy, a friend of the family told the Chicago Tribune in October that Coles had been last seen when she went to an appointment with her aunt and friend.

Her [Kierra’s] family said the post office told them Coles called out of work the following day on Oct. 3, although it's not clear whether she made the call herself. Several media outlets have showed surveillance footage from that day appearing to show a woman many believed was Coles dressed in her postal uniform seemingly leaving for work.
However, Julie Kenney, a public information representative at the United States Postal Inspection Service, which is investigating the case alongside the Chicago Police Department, told Oxygen.com the postal service doesn't believe the woman was Coles.

‘There's other postal employees that live on that block, so the postal inspection service does not believe that is Kierra Coles on that video,’ she said.

Kenney couldn't confirm or deny whether Coles had called out of work that day, because the inspection service can't comment on personnel matters, but did say Coles ‘was not on duty’ at the time of her disappearance.” (BBM)
Mysterious Disappearance Of Pregnant Postal Worker Lingers, With Few Clues For Family And Investigators

Along with others on the thread, I had wondered about the possibility of the woman in the video not being Kierra, so I find Ms. Kenney’s comments particularly interesting.

Now I’m wondering if they have a specific person in mind as to who the woman in the video is. Based on what Ms. Kenney says, USPIS must have a good idea as to which postal employees live on that block. So the question is, if it wasn’t Kierra in the surveillance footage, was someone pretending to be her? Or was it a simple case of mistaken identity?

Besides, why would Kierra call out of work if she wasn’t scheduled to work begin with?[/QUOTE]
Regina Kennedy, a friend of the family told the Chicago Tribune in October that Coles had been last seen when she went to an appointment with her aunt and friend.

Her [Kierra’s] family said the post office told them Coles called out of work the following day on Oct. 3, although it's not clear whether she made the call herself. Several media outlets have showed surveillance footage from that day appearing to show a woman many believed was Coles dressed in her postal uniform seemingly leaving for work. However, Julie Kenney, a public information representative at the United States Postal Inspection Service, which is investigating the case alongside the Chicago Police Department, told Oxygen.com the postal service doesn't believe the woman was Coles.

Kierra and her baby have been missing for two months as of today. Patiently waiting for an update.

I did find an article from last Thursday with new information about the surveillance footage (my apologies in advance if this was already posted and I missed it):

Last edited:
Yes, I also think this maybe why the thread is slow and not much media.The answer is apparent just waiting for LE. Blaming race is unfair.

I sure hope and pray LE already has a POI in their crosshairs but I'm not certain that is really the case.

There are so many cases that remain unsolved even in large cities who has a large police force.

You are correct. Race of the victim has nothing to do with the cases being dropped.

Sadly the media goes on rather quickly in a few weeks when nothing new has happened no matter who is missing. Often the police go quiet too.

There have been cases that got way too much attention imo.

I remember in May 2005 when Shasta and Dylan's family had been murdered and they had been kidnapped. It was constantly in the news for 2 weeks straight showing the photos of them both and the media was telling everyone if they had seen these two children to contact LE immediately.

THEN Natalee Holloway went missing a couple of weeks later and the media dropped Shasta and Dylan's missing case like a hot potato.

They were consumed night and day with the Holloway case. Yet they knew these precious children had been kidnapped by a triple murderer and were still missing.

After the NH case hit the air they only put up their photos in quick news breaks but after three days they dropped the case altogether.

Meanwhile these children were suffering hell on earth when they were being held captive and tortured...raped every single day with Dylan being murdered on the 6th week. Shasta was held for 7 weeks.

It infuriates me to this day how the media treated these missing children. If they had continued to show their photos there was a chance someone could have recognized them earlier since Duncan had been taking Shasta to thrift stores and convenience stores close to the national park ground where he had been holding them captive. There is a possibilty they could have found them much sooner before he murdered Dylan.

So it's just not this case. After a few weeks in the majority of cases the cases go quiet. I wish that wasnt the case but sadly it is the way it happens.

I pray they find this beautiful young woman. Her love ones deserve to know what happened to her when she vanished into thin air.

May God be with her love ones during the most difficult time of their lives.

Jmo

Last edited:
If we know somebody else called in for her, that pretty much eliminates any chance it was a random crime.

How do we know that for sure though? The kidnapper could have forced her into giving them her work contact number and called pretending to be her so it wouldnt alarm anyone she had been taken against her will.

I think the perp may have stalked her before this happened and knew she worked for the postal service and had seen her in her work uniform.

I am not saying she was randomly targeted but I do think it's a possibilty. Someone who may not have known her personally but may have lived in the same area.

If the USPS is saying the woman seen in the video is not Kierra then it seems for certain the woman seen pretending to be Kierra is very likely involved.

Postal inspectors are some of the best investigators in our country. They rarely get the recognition they deserve and prefer it that way.

I don't think the woman seen in video even works for the postal service. It was someone who knew cameras were in the area so they set it up to look like it was Kierra going about her normal days if nothing was wrong. It was all a ruse meant to deceive. Imo

I agree with you about the woman impersonating Kierra, though it's possible it's just mistaken identity.

And I suppose it's distantly possible a random predator would have kept her alive long enough to want to fake a call. That's not how it usually happens though.

The auto call-in system has been in use for years...at least ten. I think you have to enter an employee code of some kind. If so, someone else would need all that info. My husband’s phone was dead one time and he wanted me to call but couldn’t remember where he had his info written down so I couldn’t.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anchorite
Back