GUILTY IL - Kristine Gilford, 35, pregnant, murdered, Villa Park, 26 May 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yay!!!! I search everyday for something on the and it is about time they found him.

Excellent news. This happened in my area so it'll be interesting to follow how this goes down.

I am so glad they finally found him. That was such a terribly brutal murder and in front of a little girl. So thankful he is off the streets. Hopefully her family can begin to find peace with his arrest and prosecution. I wonder how the little girl is doing? She has to be so utterly traumatized. Poor little thing.

What a great way to start a day! Another sicko cuffed and off the streets!:woohoo::woohoo:

A little more. Nothing about the circumstances leading to Erics arrest. Just that he was arrested in Jackson Wyoming. I sure would like to know the circumstances leading to his arrest. So glad he is finally behind bars! We know he's a flight risk so we can be sure he won't get bail. :behindbar

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=398994

Eric A. Gilford, 31, an active duty U.S. Navy sailor, was arrested about 6 p.m. Thursday at a Jackson homeless shelter, Jackson Police Lt. Robert Gilliam said Friday morning. Acting on a tip that Gilford was at a Jackson-area homeless shelter and had recently tried to obtain a drivers' license, U.S. Marshalls notified Jackson Police, Gilliam said.
<snip>

Gilford is expected to be in Teton County Circuit Court on Friday

Full article at link:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/08/downers-grove-stabbing-villa-park-wife-baby.html

A giant THANK YOU to the tipster who alerted U.S. Marshalls that Eric was staying at the homeless shelter and had tried to obtain a drivers license.
:bow: :bow: :bow: - for the tipster!

I've asked the mods to update the title to add Captured and move to the currently awaiting trial forum.

I can't believe I just found out from a Google Alert about Gilford's capture, and I've been on WS all morning! :trout:

This is great news!!!

I'm ecstatic for Kristines family and daughter. While nothing will bring her back, they can now move onto the next stage - a trial, and hopefully begin to heal.

At least the little child can now know the bad man who did this to mommy is now captured by police and can never hurt anyone again.

Prayers for Kristine's family and friends.

Nearly a dozen police officers closed in on Eric A. Gilford at 7 p.m. Thursday (6 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time) as he was eating a piece of cake at a homeless shelter in Jackson, Wyo. During a brief Friday court appearance, a handcuffed Gilford did not waive extradition back to Illinois. He is due in court again Aug. 12.

<snip>

Gilford checked into the homeless shelter July 30 under the alias "Brian Woolman," officials said.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=398994

Woolman? Could he have not come up with something a little more original? Or was he trying to pass himself off as Native Aboriginal?

How ironic he was captured while eating a piece of cake. :floorlaugh:
Don't think he got to finish that piece of cake but he will never forget it.

From the above link:

Gilford checked into the homeless shelter July 30 under the alias "Brian Woolman," a name authorities said he pilfered from military records.

I posted early on this guy was going to steal someone's identity due to his position as a recruiter.

If LE is smart, they will review others to ensure Eric was not stealing/selling military id's.

I hope whatever charges can be slapped against this guy are. He is a true disgrace to anyone serving in the military.

:cow:

hallejuiah!

he looks well-tanned in that booking photo

wonder if it's the lighting or if he spent a bit of time outdoors & perhaps camping ...

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/glend...se-inactive-after-chasing-down-up-to-12-leads

Arrrrgh!!! Where is he??? He's not that hard to spot. Do you suppose he could be dead somewhere?

Woah....was just reading up on this case (haven't finished yet though - know he has been caputred, not sure where yet, need to keep reading)...was having a hard time trying to figure out why he would go from Chicago through Wisconsin to Fargo to Canada - I know there's surely a route in Minnesota that would take him to Canada...especially since it has been reported there is at least 1 border entry point in Northern MN that is "unmanned"...you just stop at the shack and use a video phone to say who you are, possibly show your documents, etc (this has made it onto national news - maybe 60 Minutes or Dateline or something).

Anyways...as I was reading, I see the article above with a quote from Pat Claus. HA! I danced with him at his daughter's weddiing in Mexico in May 2009....the same "posh" resort that the creep from Cali killed his wife at....errr...allegedly killed his wife at.

While chatting with him at the wedding events (we were there for a week), he had some kind of command of the SWAT Team at some point in his career - possibly currently.

A comment on Nancy Grace's FB page mentions someone who works security out of Seattles Seatac airport believes EG was there and flew out of Seattle sometime on the 27th - the same day his car was found in Fargo. This has not been confirmed in the media.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=17108&post=78182&uid=56641053286#post78182

Above post #138 from June 3rd.

That poster on NG's FB page (link above) appears to have been spot on!
confirmed..... via the media 10 weeks later.

The manhunt went nationwide when Gilford&#8217;s abandoned car was found in Fargo, N.D., and investigators tracked him to Seattle before he relocated to Wyoming within the week before his capture. He was arrested without resisting after found eating dinner at a shelter in Jackson, Wyo.
Officials believe Gilford fled to Seattle because of the city&#8217;s progressive homeless services, according to a law enforcement official close to the investigation who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
In Seattle shelters, Gilford could find not only food and a bed, but also Internet access and $400 in state-funded food stamps that could be bartered for cash. He applied for the services and found paying work by using another person&#8217;s Social Security number and date of birth &#8212; information he had access to working as a U.S. Navy recruiter in Chicago, the police source said.

He left Seattle after shelters began asking for photo identification or birth certificate, which Gilford did not have for his assumed identity. He was in Wyoming less than a week before U.S. marshals working in Chicago tracked him there.

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/bense...-shelters-helped-Gilford-avoid-Police-capture

Note to fugitives, don't forget to stop in at your local public aid office for food stamps after flying through one of our lovely airports along the way! :furious:

Welcome to Washington, Cubby. This suprises me... NOT!!!

We are the same state that let the homicidal criminally insane go to fairs. Remember the one that escaped?

The same state 4 police officers were shot and killed in a coffee shop. (PS.. One of our lovely judges had let him out on bail when he was already making threats.)

A U.S. Navy recruiter accused of fatally stabbing his pregnant wife in Villa Park waived extradition Thursday, a week after authorities nabbed him at a Wyoming homeless shelter, ending his 10-week run from the law.

<snip>

He checked into the homeless shelter July 30 under the alias Brian Woolman, a 23-year-old Lisle man whose identity Gilford is accused of stealing from military records. Authorities were led to Gilford after he tried to obtain an identification card at the Wyoming Department of Transportation using the alias, according to Teton County Sheriff's Detective Gary Shaw. Police later found a birth certificate bearing Woolman's name among Gilford's belongings at the shelter, Shaw said.

<snip>

Officials at the Wyoming shelter described Gilford as a "clean-cut, college kid" who was polite, helpful and eager to find work.

full article at link:

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=400279

Clean cut 23 year old "college kid" would explain the lack of work history.
It will be interesting to find out in trial how far in advance Eric stole this military id. I think LE is going to uncover a great deal of information indicating this was preplanned. No way did Eric not preplan explaining the lack of work history for a man over 30. This was no crime of passion. Definately premeditated.

:cow:

With the information about the shelter he chose as well as the information on the stolen identity, it certainly seems quite premeditated to me. It will be very interesting if they can discover just when that information was stolen.

ETA: I think it is amusing that he was surprised at being caught. These nutjobs always think they are smarter than everyone else. Guess not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back