GUILTY IL - Kristine Gilford, 35, pregnant, murdered, Villa Park, 26 May 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure if it means anything but MB is also the abbv for Manitoba. Winnipeg is in Manitoba and just north of Fargo.

Hmmm. One other thing I just noticed from google maps. There is a set of rail road tracks appx 1.5 blocks south of where EG abandoned the car. 2 sets of tracks. Depending on where and at what time freight trains go through the area and at what speed. Do any stop a local businesses in the area? He could have hopped onto a boxcar.

just another thought.

The car was abandoned closer to where any industrial rail road stops might occur. (Just south of where the car was abandoned). A few blocks west of where EG abandoned the car there are some area's where the tracks have some stops for business's.

The amtrak station is several blocks north of where the car was abandoned.

Stop in Fargo to make it appear he was heading North into Canada when instead he went further west via freight train? Not impossible depending on the speed of the freights going through town and at what time and where they stop.

They may be reaching, but there was a PBS special Riding the Rails which aired within the last week. I don't remember which local PBS station aired it, we get a few in Chicago, but the shows premiere date shows 05/23/10

Why aren't we hearing anything about the so called 'physically abusive boyfriend"?? and has he been cleared as a suspect? ODD.

What PROOF do they have that Eric drove that car to Fargo?

Why aren't we hearing anything about the so called 'physically abusive boyfriend"?? and has he been cleared as a suspect? ODD.

What PROOF do they have that Eric drove that car to Fargo?

I read that he was at work at the time, so I suppose he's got an alibi. Also, Kristine told early responders that her husband had killed her. And don't forget, the little girl witnessed the attack, too.

I don't think they do have proof that Gilford drove the car to Fargo, but they did get pings from his cell phone travelling in that direction through Wisconsin

No new news this morning. :waitasec:

The media 'halt' on this case is concerning. Nothing other than the trail has gone 'cold'. Not a single article in more than 24 hours. Not a peep from any Canadian media that I've found. All imo, very very odd.

I also find it hard to believe not a single local business within a mile radius of where EG's car was found would have NO survellience to capture the guy?

Makes me wonder if either LE wants EG to believe they're not hot on his tail, or he's been found deceased but there would be no official word until a positive identification is made.

Of course the above is pure speculation

but really making me wonder if he has in fact been found deceased and LE won't say body found - id pending. Nope, not for a case out of DuPage county- DuPage is so close to the vest they wouldn't have media leaks such as that..... (Imo, the Cubs would win a World Series before DuPage allowed media leaks...... most times it does not happen..... so close to the vest with LE in DuPage it's a wonder they have room to breath. ;) )

Guess time will tell.

MOO

(Imo, the Cubs would win a World Series before DuPage allowed media leaks.....
Cubbies -world series.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
SBM

Seriously, they need to catch this guy.

They do need to catch him, and I didn' mean to make light of the situation with the Cubs comment... I do that out of frustration sometimes.

For a man to (allegedly) stab to death a childs mother - in front of the child - on that childs fourth birthday is horrifiying. Let alone the woman this child KNEW her mommy was going to have a baby with. What kind of does that IN FRONT OF A CHILD? It makes me so angry I could spit nails.

Also, for anyone not local, this crime occured on the SAME street as the Villa Park Police station a mere 3.5 or so blocks away.

There is no telling what this guy is capable of. If he is not dead, someone has to be helping him. Either someone he knows, or someone he befriended along the way. I just hope it is sooner rather than later he is captured. I sure the heck hope LE is working around the clock on this one.

6'4" is going to stand out in a crowd. We know as sleuths those EARS are going to stand out. They are almost symetrical which is kind of odd...... and they stick out. I hope he has a good hair piece where ever he is...... GRRRRRRR

Eric Gilford was assigned to the Chicago-area recruiting district in 2009. He was declared a deserter May 27, Navy records show; the same day, his car was found abandoned in a parking lot in downtown Fargo, N.D., according to authorities.http://www.navytimes.com/news/2010/06/navy_seabee_wife_stabbing_060210w/

They're not going to mess around with "Unauthorized Absence." They've gone straight to declaring him a deserter.

For this group, the services will spare no expense in trying to locate and capture them. These special category personnel include those who are wanted for more serious crimes, such as murder or rape; http://usmilitary.about.com/od/justicelawlegislation/a/awoldesertion.htm

Eric Gilford has been added to the NCIS - Naval Criminal Investigative Service - Most wanted fugitive list.

Here is the link to the pdf file at NCIS for Eric:
http://www.ncis.navy.mil/app/uploads/person/pdf/224.pdf

NCIS Wanted Fugitives
Have You Seen Any of These People?
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service is seeking assistance in locating the following persons. If you have information regarding these individuals please contact the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, 1-877-579-3648 (24-Hour Hotline); e-mail: ncistipline@ncis.navy.mil or call your nearest NCIS Field Office.

Lawyer: Eric Gilford headed home if caught in Canada

By Staff reports
Suburban Life Publications
Posted Jun 02, 2010 @ 12:17 PM
Last update Jun 03, 2010 @ 01:04 PM
Downers Grove, IL —
Despite speculation a man wanted in the stabbing death of a pregnant Downers Grove woman might have escaped to Canada, the former chairman of the Illinois Bar Association’s Criminal Justice Section said the country’s northern neighbor will likely kick the suspect back, if caught.

<SNIP>

“I can’t imagine that if he goes to Canada that would be a safe haven for him.”

And if Gilford, an active-duty Navy sailor, hasn’t already managed to cross the border, it’s unlikely he’ll be able to now, Loeb said.

A warrant has been issued for Gilford’s arrest and is now in the system, so Gilford’s name will pop up in any inquiry from Canada-U.S. border authorities who come in contact with him

<SNIP>

Loeb added he did not think Gilford’s military status played much of a factor in the case since the murder he is accused of happened on civilian, not military or federal soil.

“Local authority has jurisdiction, but that doesn’t mean the military does not have a sword hanging over him for other things,” Loeb said.

much much more at link:

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/berke...ove-after-Villa-Park-slaying-of-pregnant-wife

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23
Back