IL - Krystal Tobias, 9, & Laura Hobbs, 8, found dead in Zion park, 8 May 2005 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta admit I am very balled up over all this. I'm hoping once they actually release the details that squeezing feeling I have in my throat will release.

I threw myself into sleuthing to distract myself from how close to home this story is . . .

PolkSaladAnnie said:
That's what I was getting at earlier, Sauerkraut. That maybe the father got into a rage b/c the girls 'made them report to LE and had everyone searching' for *any* reason. Maybe when the father (suspect) called their friends and heard they were going to this park, he went out there in a drugged rage, foul temper, drunk (who knows) and literally lashed into them when he found them?

Taking (or being in possession of) a knife at that stage is what is bothering me.

Was the father in possession of a knife while looking? I didn't hear this. The mother would be able to verify any times that the father was not home, for example before they were actually missing. Or after the search was under way. It would be strange for the father to stumble on the girls in that area by himself and be able to kill them without any other searchers or others around. Or, even later, if he was out there at midnight, the mother would be able to say he wasn't home.

Something is not matching with the time. Where was the father when the curfew had passed? Where was he before? It seems likely they were attacked around the time of their curfew since it appears unlikely they would have purposely stayed out late.

Where is the other bike? How could the other bike not be with the first one? Someone saw them, rode with one girl on her bike with her, killed them, then took the bike to get back out of the park.

Am I missing something? I don't have TV, so what I see on the web is it.

SauerKraut said:
1. Was the father in possession of a knife while looking? I didn't hear this.

2. Am I missing something? I don't have TV, so what I see on the web is it.

1. That's where my speculation re the father has me foggy. IF he committed this heinous crime, he *had* to have had a knife with him. But why? How? (etc...)

2. DITTO! :)

On Dallas talk radio this morning, a woman called in who said that Texas has many fine hunters and her solution is to basically call "open season" on these child murderers between the hours of midnight and 6:00 a.m. LOL While we know it can't happen, its about damn time that lawmakers get as angry as we are about all this crap and do SOMETHING!!!!!

golfmom said:
I gotta admit I am very balled up over all this. I'm hoping once they actually release the details that squeezing feeling I have in my throat will release.

I threw myself into sleuthing to distract myself from how close to home this story is . . .

I'm sorry, golfmom. I'm in VA, and I can feel it in the pit of my stomach.

Jeana (DP) said:
On Dallas talk radio this morning, a woman called in who said that Texas has many fine hunters and her solution is to basically call "open season" on these child murderers between the hours of midnight and 6:00 a.m. LOL While we know it can't happen, its about damn time that lawmakers get as angry as we are about all this crap and do SOMETHING!!!!!

That would take something happening to one of their own children. :twocents:

golfmom said:

:blowkiss:

This year has just been too much...between Jessica, Jetseta, another Jessica, Sarah and now Krystal and Laura...we have lost to many children this year...too many :(

mrs4point0 said:
That would take something happening to one of their own children. :twocents:

I disagree. It would take their "voters" to keep their anger going past the funeral.

Report: Charges Imminent in Girls' Murders

ZION, Ill. — The community of Zion was awaiting confirmation Tuesday afternoon that a person would be charged in the Mother's Day murders of two little girls. The Chicago Tribune reported that police planned to make an arrest in the murders of Laura Hobbs (search), 8, and Krystal Tobias (search), 9, later in the day. The Zion Police Department was expected to make a statement by early afternoon.

<snip>

"Jerry just got out of prison for aggravated assault and I think they're holding that against him," Hollabaugh said. "I don't think he did it."

In Texas, Wichita County Assistant District Attorney Rick Mahler said Hobbs had been arrested on Aug. 4, 2001, after arguing with Sheila Hollabaugh in a trailer park. Hobbs had grabbed a chainsaw and begun chasing other residents around the area, Mahler said. No one was hurt, and Hobbs was subdued when someone hit him in the back with a shovel, Mahler said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,156032,00.html

Jeana (DP) said:
I disagree. It would take their "voters" to keep their anger going past the funeral.

You're right. I should have added, unless enough people bothered them.

mrs4point0 said:
Accused is believed to be a family member.

Now Fox is reporting that at 2:30 eastern time there will be a court appearance by the family member suspect. What's going on, someone please tell me......? Is it really the father, tell me no. :sick:

Jeana (DP) said:

Jeana, can a blame Texas for awhile if it turns out to be the daddy? He was supposed to serve 10 years for that aggravated assult charge.

Just saw on the Fox news website that the father or step father that was a person of interest had been in jail for chasing people around with a CHAINSAW during a family argument. OMG. That is sick.

lady-eowyn said:
Report: Charges Imminent in Girls' Murders

ZION, Ill. — The community of Zion was awaiting confirmation Tuesday afternoon that a person would be charged in the Mother's Day murders of two little girls. The Chicago Tribune reported that police planned to make an arrest in the murders of Laura Hobbs (search), 8, and Krystal Tobias (search), 9, later in the day. The Zion Police Department was expected to make a statement by early afternoon.

<snip>

"Jerry just got out of prison for aggravated assault and I think they're holding that against him," Hollabaugh said. "I don't think he did it."

In Texas, Wichita County Assistant District Attorney Rick Mahler said Hobbs had been arrested on Aug. 4, 2001, after arguing with Sheila Hollabaugh in a trailer park. Hobbs had grabbed a chainsaw and begun chasing other residents around the area, Mahler said. No one was hurt, and Hobbs was subdued when someone hit him in the back with a shovel, Mahler said.

Geez! Theres someone you'd want to let back in your home. :rolleyes:

What is wrong with people?!

Nothing on the Fox website yet except this:

Charges Imminent in Ill. Girls' Murders

ZION, Ill. — A suspect in the stabbing deaths of one of two northern Illinois girls will be charged with their murders, FOX News has confirmed. The suspect will be brought before a judge on Tuesday at 2:30 p.m. EDT. A law enforcement source told FOX News the suspect was a relative of one of the girls, but that could not be confirmed.

I also found this interesting...

mrs4point0 said:
Geez! Theres someone you'd want to let back in your home. :rolleyes:

What is wrong with people?!
I'm telling ya!! IMO, and I know you can't judge a book by it's cover, but he looks like he has an anger control issue...he just looks mean too!

SauerKraut said:
Now Fox is reporting that at 2:30 eastern time there will be a court appearance by the family member suspect. What's going on, someone please tell me......? Is it really the father, tell me no. :sick:

Unfortunately, I think we are all going to be disappointed to find that it is. I hope to be wrong, but it doesn't look promising.

lady-eowyn said:

umm, Texas chainsaw massacre?? Lord! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members