IL - Krystal Tobias, 9, & Laura Hobbs, 8, found dead in Zion park, 8 May 2005 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lady-eowyn said:
I'm telling ya!! IMO, and I know you can't judge a book by it's cover, but he looks like he has an anger control issue...he just looks mean too!
Yeah, he's got an anger control issue all right! Chasing people with a chainsaw is a clear indication of lack of control.
That is like something out of a horror movie.

Becba said:
Yeah, he's got an anger control issue all right! Chasing people with a chainsaw is a clear indication of lack of control.
That is like something out of a horror movie.
*begin sarcasm here* Maybe he can sue the horror film makers saying that they caused him trauma, causing him to act in this way *end sarcasm*

golfmom said:
Texas + Chainsaw = :eek:

see my woodchipper idea was a GOOD one!
But we'd have to use a chainsaw first...just to make sure the pieces would fit :crazy:

(OMG, aren't we awful!!)

golfmom said:
Texas + Chainsaw = :eek:

see my woodchipper idea was a GOOD one!
yeah, i posted on the thread about this in the other forum that it reminded me of the texas chainsaw massacre....

mrs4point0 said:
FOX NEWS:

It IS a family member.
Father or sibling? Sibling is not out of the frame as far as I'm concerned. But, it doesn't look good for the father, I'll admit

DebC said:
Father or sibling? Sibling is not out of the frame as far as I'm concerned. But, it doesn't look good for the father, I'll admit

They aren't saying yet, but at last report the father was still with the police.

mrs4point0 said:
FOX NEWS:

It IS a family member.

:( :( :(

This is just awful news, mrs4point0! What on EARTH possessed the man to do something so despicable to his own daughter and her best little friend in the world ?!

Lord above. This has got to be drugs/alcohol related (not looking for an excuse)as it's too horrifying to know someone they knew and trusted lunged at them in a crazed killing spree. Such tender young lives. Slashed from life. Ugh. :( :mad:

I just can't imagine what these families must be feeling, then to find out it was someone they knew! How could you do that to someone?

You know, having 5 children, I can often relate to the frustration some parents feel, but to actually kill a child...........

PolkSaladAnnie said:

This is just awful news, mrs4point0! What on EARTH possessed the man to do something so despicable to his own daughter and her best little friend in the world ?!

Lord above. This has got to be drugs/alcohol related (not looking for an excuse)as it's too horrifying to know someone they knew and trusted lunged at them in a crazed killing spree. Such tender young lives. Slashed from life. Ugh. :( :mad:

Yeah, it's extremely disturbing. What I don't get is how the father was accepted back into the home after chasing people with a chainsaw!

PolkSaladAnnie said:

There had to be some anger at the mother, due in part to him being arrested and jailed before. She probably loved that little girl and he viewed the child as a threat, maybe even as a burden to him and the mother having a good relationship (not true of course but in his sick mind.) He comes back after being in jail and sees where now he has to compete for the affections of his wife, or girlfriend, (were they married?) with the little girl. She probably doesn't respect or obey him which makes it even worse. Fights occur and then she's late coming home. What a perfect reason to "lose it." It's sick but it's certainly plausible and rational to someone who is irrational. There's always jealousy like this with the first child in families etc. but when it happens to someone that is disturbed like he obviously was, then....So sad, the other little girl was probably in the wrong place and was not even the target. :(

Thats why the father was the one to find them, he knew his footprints would be there. How very sad.

I have somewhat a sense of relief, but the thought of the both mother's, siblings, classmates, community ... I'm just dumbfounded. This man went around pretending to worry and search with the families ... and then to pretend to find their little bodies. OMG, this is sickening.

packerdog said:
Thats why the father was the one to find them, he knew his footprints would be there. How very sad.

Oh, but how could he do that to his own child?!

If this was done out of anger over a previous incident, it stinks of premeditation.

packerdog said:
And here I heard it was someone going through that area of the park...not the father.

Did I hear wrong?

Seeker said:
And here I heard it was someone going through that area of the park...not the father.

Did I hear wrong?

I believe that was the initial report. I think the person going through the area found one of the bikes, not the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18