IL IL - Lane Bryant Murders, Tinley Park, 2 Feb 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG; that is so horrible. It sounds to me like he killed them all because they saw him and might could identify him in the future.

One of the above articles said that they make their deposits in the morning. Perhaps this person was trying to catch the deposit before it went to the bank or Brinks truck.

If one person knew him, it could just be an acquaintance, or sister or girlfriend who mentioned when deposits were taken to the bank?

Or, police just could be withholding information for some reason that it was really a domestic disturbance. It doesn't sound like a domestic killing to me.

I just find it odd that a Lane Bryant store was robbed in TX, too (on the 28th). What are the chances that two different robbers would target such a store within days of each other? Quite a coincidence. (They did catch the other perp.)

When I think of where you would expect someone to rob people...it wouldn't be a middle-aged woman's clothing store. I would think that type of business would be more from ATMs or credit cards so there would not be a great deal of cash on hand even before a deposit.

I think this guy really had something against heavier women or someone who worked at the store. He didn't have to kill them all like that, especially it being execution style. If he didn't want to be identified he could have wore a disguise. Something made him pick Lane Bryant as the place to rob. He could have made off with more money many other different ways without having to kill anyone or risk being seen.
The survivor, Martha, was truly blessed in surviving the ordeal, God must be saving her for some work later on.
I also wonder if the killer had limited bullets. Was that why he tied them up? So he wouldn't run out of ammo if he had bad aim? Something isn't right in this case. Most stores have security cameras; i'm not sure if Lane Bryant does. He systematically executed 5 people (the 6th one lived by the grace of God). It seems more personal than just a robbery.

I wonder if the 6th woman (an employee at the Lane Bryant store), .:confused: knew the shooter? Someone had to tell this perp when money was deposited from Lane Bryant to the bank, in the AM. Why wasn't she killed? I'd like to hear her story...

I know of two very similar robberies in our state years ago. In the Steakhouse murders, the perp did not know the victims. In the second one at a local chicken fast food joint, one of the perp's did work there prior to the robbery and killings. They were both done in the same fashion with the execution style murders.

Execution style standard, is "gang related". Was the 6th person able to get away? From what I have read technically this is done, because the perp wants no witnesses? That's why I'd like to know how she was able to get away and why she was just shot in the leg?

Got it "survivor was shot in the neck", okay. From Headline News, press release.

Maybe he tied them up in order to try to get PIN numbers from them before he killed them. I'm telling you, credit card numbers and ATM cards are what criminals are after these days. If they don't use them themselves, they sell them for drug$.

If he did get PIN's and other cards, FBI could be involved in getting info from banks about subsequent transactions on the accounts, or info from ATM's in nearby states. Come to think of it, I guess it might be hard to get search warrants for dead people's accounts in a timely manner. Maybe the FBI is needed to expidite getting the victim's personal financial info in order to track any further transactions back to the perp.

We need an expert. Where's the "EASY" button?

Susan

I am wondering the same thing SuzieQ I can't find a composite anywhere? I am hoping that the 6th women is in protective custody also her life could be endanger if it would get out who she is?? Maybe she is the one who knows this man??

I just heard on the radio (either WBBM or WGN, can't remember) that she is indeed in protective custody.

They also said they were not releasing her name or her parents' name in order to keep her safe. I don't know how the Sun Times got a hold of her name, but maybe Suzie Q and Serious Searching would want to go back and edit it out of their posts?

Hoppy

Somehow a newspaper in KY. found and spoke to the survivors parents. I would be her parents talked about it to neighbors or something and that's how the name got out. Shame on the Messinger for releasing it.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-tinley-park-murders_webfeb05,0,5679114.story

The online edition of The Messenger of Madisonville, Ky., quoted the woman's parents, who live in Providence, Ky., as saying the gunman bound everyone in the store, then shot them in the back of the head.

I just heard on the radio (either WBBM or WGN, can't remember) that she is indeed in protective custody.

They also said they were not releasing her name or her parents' name in order to keep her safe. I don't know how the Sun Times got a hold of her name, but maybe Suzie Q and Serious Searching would want to go back and edit it out of their posts?

Hoppy
Certainly!! I just deleted my post entirely. You might want to ship a pm to Marthatx and ask her to edit her post tho. :)

I find the description of what the guy was wearing to be completely odd. I know I'm a suspicious person by nature. But it sounds like details you would add to throw a description off in my opinion. Or the guy really could have actually been wearing this rhinestone and embroidered get up with the green beaded hair.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/15205506/detail.html?dl=mainclick
The killer wore black jeans with writing and embroidering on them and some sort of rhinestone decorations on the rear pocket, Grady said. He had on a black, waist-length jacket with no writing and a charcoal knit cap concealing thick, braided hair. He had a receding hairline and let one braid fall to his cheek. That braid had four light-green beads at the end.

I looked it up and believe it or not...they do have embroidered and bejeweled men's jeans. I haven't found a match for those yet, but guess I was behind the times on this one!

It sounds like he was wearing designer men's jeans. The beads in hair is not uncommon. Especially if one has braids.
There are many men's designer jeans brands such as Enyce, Ecko, Academiks that are expensive and embroidered and such. You can check on ebay and google the names and see.

I can't believe the POI wouldn't have tried to be a little less noticable.

This perp I hope he is caught soon. Here is the latest from here in Chicago, sure sounds like he targeted this particular store and even brought the duct tape with him!!:furious:
http://www.wbbm780.com/Report:-Tinley-Gunman-Made-Sexual-Advances/1598950
<<Snip>>>
Report: Tinley Gunman Made Sexual Advances
CHICAGO (WBBM/AP) – There’s a report that the man who killed five women at a Lane Bryant store in Tinley Park over the weekend made sexual advances to at least one of the victims before the slayings.

The Chicago Tribune also reports he may have targeted a women's shop to avoid confrontation with men.

Investigators also have a detailed description of the suspect, but they're still not saying whether it came from a sixth woman who survived.

A source tells the Tribune the gunman took the women to a back room and bound them with duct tape he brought with him.

The suspect remains at large.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-tinley_park_killings_05feb05,0,506240.story

(Snips)
The gunman entered the store after 10 a.m. Saturday and chatted briefly with some of the victims before announcing a holdup, and may have initially feigned that he was making a delivery, sources said.
Area police agencies were asked to check their reports for similar cases where a robber claimed to be a delivery person, where victims were bound with duct tape and put face down on the floor, or cases where sexual advances were made toward the victim, according to a source.
The woman's sister, who lived in Tinley Park, was also in protective custody, they said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micin
Back