IL IL - Lane Bryant Murders, Tinley Park, 2 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was thinking about this and while I really don't think the woman who lived is part of it, if she possibly could be the description would be all wrong like the description Susan Smith gave of the one who kidnapped her children. Also the story of Charles Stuart in Boston who killed his pregnant wife and gave a description of a person who did it. A person who worked at the store would know when deliveries were made and money was deposited. Most likely she is a victim too, but it wouldn't be unheard of for a person to be slightly injured to throw off suspicion. If she is innocent, I do hope she is given good protection. It would be a horrible thing to witness. Maybe I have read too many crime stories to even think such a thing.

They should have a sketch out today. We don't know if her description is accurate unless other people outside the store can cooberate her information.

Steve, you do bring up a good point. I can't think of a reason for them to put her sister in protective custody other than she knows the perp or his associates.

Who wants to bet that the survivor was the one who had some acquaintance with him beforehand? Otherwise, why in the world put her sister in protective custody?

Steve

There sure is more going on in this "sensitive" investigation than is being released. I know this is a horrible crime. But LE usually doesn't afford the background protection we are seeing in this case. All the sis would have to do is go visit some friends out of state for a few weeks. What two bit would bother tracking her down there?

And still no sketch. But they have her looking at booking photos? Usually no one gets to look at anything before meeting with a sketch artist. It would only confuse their memory.

I thought this was very interesting from the article I linked in post 119. Does this mean her family has been cut off from her too? And if she knows this guy, then why haven't they released his name?

The lone survivor, a 33-year-old south suburban woman who is not being identified by the Tribune, was in protective custody, according to her relatives. They declined to comment on Saturday's attack, and said all communication with the woman, even calls to her cell phone, had been cut off by police.

OK Maybe I am splitting hairs here over their wording in the article, but they used the past tense when refering to the sister as having "lived in Tinley Park". Later, there is mention of "A sister and husband who are missionaries in rural Alaska". Why didn't they use present tense and say she lives in Tinley Park and say another sister instead of "a"?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ings_05feb05,1,3623229.story?page=1&track=rss

Could this guy be the brother in law (or part of his family) and why they are both being held in protective custody?

We now have two victims who show signs of a beating or being roughed up. The family of one of the vics yesterday said her hands were bruised. And Woolfolk's family said they saw evidence of torture as well. But a "family friend" of the survivor pays the Woolfolk's family a visit to assure them otherwise? IMO, these women were beat up regardless of what anyone says.

Woolfolk's family worried she may have been tortured before her death -- they saw scratches on her wrists and face and what looked like blood in her eyes -- but said they were told by the coroner's office the eye injury may have been from the gunshot.

They said a family friend of the survivor stopped by their home Sunday to reassure them that Woolfolk died quickly.

"The survivor sent the message that it went fast, that it went quick," said her brother, Melvin Woolfolk, 35. "I was upset because it looked like she was beat up. But it wasn't torture or [anything]."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-tinley_park_killings_05feb05,0,506240.story?page=2

Could this guy be the brother in law (or part of his family) and why they are both being held in protective custody?

And the survivors "family friend" is going around putting out fires? It all stinks to high heaven, IMO.

Sorry; I have deleted. I'm not used to being on the CRIME threads.
No worries! We are glad you are here, Marthatex. We had no way of knowing the names were released and should not have been. It was that particular news outlet that let it slip.

Interesting, Suzi. With the bruising especially on the hands, it could indicate defensive wounds and say a physical attack did happen. It is possible the scratches on the second victim came from when he bound the victim and the ones on the face could be from being scratched by an object if she fell.

What reason would the survivor have for saying a physical attack did not take place before he shot and killed them? I just don't see any other motive than she is trying to ease the minds of the families.

I think that it might have been a domestic situation. If he went in and killed his intended victim, police might have a more difficult time trying to track him down. If the desposits for the store were made in the morning, it makes me think that the guy probably knew someone in the store. Who else would know that? Or he may of worked there in the past, but in all the times I have been in that store I have never seen a male employee (but who knows?). It is also scary because of the location of the store. Where the store is located the perpetrator could easily of hoped on 1-80 within minutes. From there, he would have the opportunity to get away quickly and go anywhere (the spot where this happened is very close to a few different highways). It is truly tragic and very scary, because you really cannot feel safe anywhere now a days. I hope they catch this cold -blooded killer and throw the book at him.

Could the bruising of the hands be from him tying their hands with the duct tape? If they resisted and he was forceful?

What reason would the survivor have for saying a physical attack did not take place before he shot and killed them? I just don't see any other motive than she is trying to ease the minds of the families.

That may be. I'm not sure any "family friend" would have privy to that information since LE has cut off all contact with her. If that information came from the survivor, she may have had good intentions, but it won't help in the long run when the family finds out differently.

Usually when a robber is outnumbered, he has the vics restrain each other.

Welcome to WS, Miss Amanduh! It could turn out to be a domestic situation. I don't believe they hire men to work there, but he could have had prior knowledge through one of the victims of the timing of the deposits. It is a horrific crime and he needs to be caught quickly. He is obviously a very, very dangerous man.

That is an excellent point, Suzi. It would make sense.

The lone survivor, a 33-year-old south suburban woman who is not being identified by the Tribune, was in protective custody, according to her relatives. They declined to comment on Saturday's attack, and said all communication with the woman, even calls to her cell phone, had been cut off by police.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-tinley_park_killings_05feb05,0,4069298.story

I keep coming back to this statement.

It sounds like she is in custody tho...not protective custody...doesn't it? Why would LE cut off her phone calls?

My 2 cents here. I have a hard time believing there was any type of torture. I would think that this had to be done quick in order to not get caught. After all, this happened in daylight. I wouldn't think he would have the time to torture. Hard to say.. Just my opinion

Our Lane Bryant has a Male store manager so it's possible he was an X employee. (although I doubt that to be the case)
I'm thinking the lady who survived knows who he is OR he has her personal info and is in protective custody in case he tries to hunt her down.

I hope they catch this guy soon!

I think the information about cutting off phone calls is just to underscore that the witness is, 1) not communicating with the media, as many reporters now have her name and are likely inundating her with calls, and 2) not communicating as normal with friends and family, for her own protection (more calls you make, more likely someone knows where you are, etc)

I also think the sister being in protective custody is not a huge red flag. The sister may live with the witness, or look very much like her.

It sounds to me like they are taking their protective custody of the witness seriously, rather than exhibiting suspicion.

Ladymemac

Who wants to bet that the survivor was the one who had some acquaintance with him beforehand? Otherwise, why in the world put her sister in protective custody?

Steve

My initial reaction to this was that somehow the survivor knew the shooter, therefore I feel this last comment confirms it.:mad:

And the survivors "family friend" is going around putting out fires? It all stinks to high heaven, IMO.

The survivor family friend needs to stay home. It is too early.

Lawsuits will be piling up as a result of this incident, against Lane Bryant, and if they find in anyway this family is connected, good grief!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back