IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see two cars in the lot though I'm aware that's not a current image (at the time of the crime).
Wonder why those two cars would be parked there though.

Locals, is Rollins Road a frontage road? I heard LE refer to the frontage road.
Is Rollins used/busy at the time the crime occurred?
It looks desolate in the picture.

Rollins and Frontage are two different streets. They were on the aerial map steel' posted.

I think that was just early misinformation and the intersection Rollins and 59 being the nearest major intersection as opposed to the more detailed side street information which came out after the initial reports.

I know but it makes sense the perps may have exited there, no?
Just trying to understand the likelihood they'd go undetected.

I know but it makes sense the perps may have exited there, no?
Just trying to understand the likelihood they'd go undetected.

59 is a major road. I've never heard of Rollins but with rush hour traffic and presumed traffic going 45-55 or so it's possible people on their daily commute missed something.

I still can't put together the time and placement though..... though, it's not impossible they were in plain sight and went unnoticed.

I assume they have interviewed and grilled all the employees of the surrounding businesses. The place all of this happened looks like a good hang-out spot for people that want to get hidden and smoke a little dope before work. This occurred at 7:50 A.M. ----10 minutes before many businesses open.

There are numerous businesses sprinkled right there in the vicinity of the old concrete plant. To use as an example, let's say we have a group of "friends" that go to this place before work, during break, and at lunchtime to meet up and smoke a little weed.

They may, or may not all work together. By the time Gliniewicz's back-up officers got to the scene, all three of them would have been at work for the day right along with everyone else. They may have never let on that anything ever happened.

Map here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en&hl=en&authuser=0&authuser=0&mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kdNsSY53CGeU

:bump: link to aerial map again.

http://patch.com/illinois/crystallake/major-break-case-possible-video-cop-killers-surfaces

WOW!!!
"Police have yet to review the video and must wait until Homeland Security recovers it from a hard drive, Filenko said. The commander also said the homeowner provided a description of the three men but he would not reveal anything about it. So far, police have only said two of the men are white and one is black."

Fingers, toes and paws crossed here.

http://patch.com/illinois/crystallake/major-break-case-possible-video-cop-killers-surfaces

WOW!!!
"Police have yet to review the video and must wait until Homeland Security recovers it from a hard drive, Filenko said. The commander also said the homeowner provided a description of the three men but he would not reveal anything about it. So far, police have only said two of the men are white and one is black."

Excellent news

Seems strange there isn't an article recapping the press conference that took place at 12:30 p.m. today.

Filenko (thanks for the name) said during the Press Conference held earlier today, that CG's weapon was recovered "within the area". He added something like 'that's all I will say'.

Don't understand why WGN reporter claims CG's gun was not recovered.
Weird I can't find another link but the one provided has info different from what I heard.

Just looked again. The press conference was on WFLD (ch. 32) at 12:30 p.m. ct.
No write up, no link.

:bump:

There are pictures of what the interviewed worker (JV) was describing. I think I am confused on what gate(s) he was talking about. I am trying to match what I am seeing in pics here to what has been shown on local news, and I haven't been able to do so yet.

I don't know how to do screen shots but if anyone can snag some screen shots from what is being shown via video and described as area's of interest along the area if the crime scene, please post them!!!! thank you :blowkiss:

198 Precision Dr corner - Google Maps.jpg

Maybe this will help.

WOW!!!

Dissecting these sentences again: I don't know if the reporter meant to link those sentences or if that was the start of another paragraph. So the "homeowner provided a description of the three men", and then separately "The police have only said two of the men are white and one is black". That second sentence may not support what the homeowner says other than that there were 3 men. I am so hopeful the video will show what the lieutenant called in to both corroborate and to get the perps' photos. I think I'm over-analyzing things now... Can't wait for further news.

attachment.php

This one might be easier to read. Websleuths won't post the pics full size.

I edited the big map too with additional locations noted.

see here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kdNsSY53CGeU&usp=sharing

Thank you, you rock! Exactly what I was looking for.

A new CNN article was just released. A pop up warned "to use this site you must agree with our terms of service" in relation to privacy and such. wth? Never saw this before from a major news source, therefore, I didn't provide a link.

CNN reports CG's gun WAS fired but no further details known/given.
This is news to me. Filenko did not say this afaik.

What a mess of a case imo.

NBC - 5 o'clock news

Cmdr. George Filenko (caught his full name)

"leads pour in"
"new surveillance video"
"significant evidence" (video could reveal)
"unfortunate incident" (relative to false report)

Above statements are printed on TV screen next to some video being shown.

So no new news at all this evening. No forensics, no results being shared.

Reporting about upcoming weekend and how area is safe to visit this weekend.
Beer is flowing in to the restaurant so the hope is people come this Labor Day weekend.

Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member