IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest anybody that wants to drink and party this coming weekend, steer clear of Fox Lake, Illinois.

Imagine trying to party and relax while 400 extra law enforcement officers are combing the streets trying to identify "two white males and one black male" that are potential cop killers.

Talk about a wet blanket...........if you're a white male or a black male.......you're a suspect.

http://patch.com/illinois/crystallake/major-break-case-possible-video-cop-killers-surfaces

WOW!!!
"Police have yet to review the video and must wait until Homeland Security recovers it from a hard drive, Filenko said. The commander also said the homeowner provided a description of the three men but he would not reveal anything about it. So far, police have only said two of the men are white and one is black."

Fingers, toes and paws crossed here.

I find it hard to believe, and very doubtful that the cops haven't already seen that video............over, and over, and over again. Waiting for Homeland Security ? I think not. That's about the dumbest excuse for a stall tactic I've ever heard of.

So.....the homeowner can watch the video and describe what's on it......but the cops can't watch the same video ? Yeah................okay

I find it hard to believe, and very doubtful that the cops haven't already seen that video............over, and over, and over again. Waiting for Homeland Security ? I think not. That's about the dumbest excuse for a stall tactic I've ever heard of.

So.....the homeowner can watch the video and describe what's on it......but the cops can't watch the same video ? Yeah................okay

ITA. Why would they need to wait for "Homeland Security"?

It does sound odd:

Local investigators don't have the proper equipment to see the recording, so the footage was given to a nearby Department of Homeland Security office, and police hope to learn what it shows soon.

If the homeowner can view it he or she can't let LE watch it on the same system? Or is the homeowner also unable to view the recording? How hard is it to pull off the hard drive? If they did have to send it to DHS for viewing wouldn't it be like a huge priority?

I don't know. It doesn't make sense. Why are they stalling? Whatever is or isn't on there must be very big.

I guess because they really DO believe the public is stupid as hell.

Hey, I've got some pictures here on my computer that I want to put on Websleuths, but I can't let anybody see them until the Homeland Security guys get here and pull them off my hard drive so all of ya'll can see them..............what a crock

And apparently the tech workers at DHS work on their own schedule. Let's hope they get back to you soon.

Somebody needs to mail a 16 GB flash drive up to Fox Lake Illinois along with detailed instructions on how to copy a video file to it...........much like is done a million times a day in this country.

In a Windows OS, they have a Help section that will walk you right through it.

What a crock.

The sooner they air that video on a live broadcast, the sooner they will catch them.

Somebody is going to recognize them, at least one of them anyway.

The longer they stall and make outrageous claims about Homeland Security and what-not, the longer the killers remain free to roam the community.

This from CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/03/us/illinois-police-officer-shot/

Illinois officer's killing: Police check possibly 'significant' video
By Jason Hanna and Holly Yan, CNN
Updated 4:20 PM ET, Thu September 3, 2015

Snippet

“Besides the home security video that Filenko mentioned Thursday, police say they also have one video from a truck driver who had a camera in his vehicle and was in the area Tuesday.

An autopsy was completed, but authorities aren't releasing the results yet, Filenko said. The Northern Illinois Police Crime Laboratory is expediting its review of evidence to determine whether there was any fingerprint or DNA transfer.

Filenko said results from the review could come Thursday evening or Friday morning.​

I really really hopethat this does not turn into a suicide, but as of this evening nothing debunks the possibility. It just seems impossible that he would be looking forward to retirement and DO that! And ditch his wife and kids? She is devastated. Says he was her soulmate. I hope that he truly was. Meanwhile, are there a lot of black people in this so-called upscale community? I really hope again, that he was not trying to make a statement or prove a point. I presume that his wife knows how he felt about policing, retirement etc. Everything seems to suggest that he was a wonderful husband, father and cop. I hope that is true.

ABC7 Chicago 6:00pm newscast- Chuck Goudie.

I hope this newscast is up on their website soon. Questioned if there was any proof there were three suspects other than the radio call made by Lt.Gliniewicz. Questions as to why there's no info given to the public. It seems there's starting to be MSM doubt as to what really happened. I don't have a link as I just watched it on TV.

The sooner they air that video on a live broadcast, the sooner they will catch them.

Somebody is going to recognize them, at least one of them anyway.

The longer they stall and make outrageous claims about Homeland Security and what-not, the longer the killers remain free to roam the community.

Any thoughts on why they wouldn't release it immediately?

eta: I think they want to make sure they can control the response to whatever it shows.

I really really hopethat this does not turn into a suicide, but as of this evening nothing debunks the possibility. It just seems impossible that he would be looking forward to retirement and DO that! And ditch his wife and kids? She is devastated. Says he was her soulmate. I hope that he truly was. Meanwhile, are there a lot of black people in this so-called upscale community? I really hope again, that he was not trying to make a statement or prove a point. I presume that his wife knows how he felt about policing, retirement etc. Everything seems to suggest that he was a wonderful husband, father and cop. I hope that is true.

My gut has said suicide from the beginning and I keep waiting for something to convince me it's wrong. Now I'm thinking they don't want to release the video because it will reflect badly on him.

My gut has said suicide from the beginning and I keep waiting for something to convince me it's wrong. Now I'm thinking they don't want to release the video because it will reflect badly on him.

I hate to feel that way, but even Tom Fuentes on CNN is stumped, and curious. JMO

http://lcta1.com/index.php/press/news

Rollins Road Gateway Project (January 13, 2015)
".... however already the traffic delays due to crossing railroad trains are a thing of the past".

Sounds as if Rollins Road is a heavily used road.
Rollins Road near the crime scene is MUCH different than the Gateway area, which is several miles to the east. That project is just wrapping up, but this area is much less congested. At that time of morning, there would be some light commuter traffic, mixed in with a good number of busses for local schools. The high school was already in session, but the elementary schools were likely still bussing in.

NBC 6 o'clock news

Confirmed again that CG's gun WAS recovered.

Played an initial recording where person speaking said "shots were fired".

Then, video showed three men (all looked to be black) being walked by police out of and from a house located at Hillside and Rollins. Reporter doesn't know if this event is related to CG's case.
Maybe the three have some information.
No one was cuffed or looked to be under arrest.

CNN right now....Local LE is still waiting for Homeland security to let them see the video. An officer who knew of the truck driver video said that it was significant, which is why local LE is calling it (unseen) "significant." Supposedly it shows what was reported to be 2 white 1 black person. We shall see. JMO

ah ha! CNN now - dont know who she is - but she asked what all of us have been asking each other for days - are you withholding descrptive info ) age hight etc -----LONG PAUSE------ they know more, but IMO how can you ask the public for help if all your giving the folks up there is skin color ! His pause was stunning guys why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat