IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank-you so much for the updates from the news conference. One thing jumped out at me, and maybe this is normal routine, and it means nothing. ( Toxicology tests will take more time but could be very relevant. ) The could be very relevant, why would that be? Is there some reason for stating it that way?

I do wonder what they were doing there that caused them to be/look suspicious? The guy in the video (works at precision chrome) said the business beyond the gate is closed and has been closed yet that is where he said the car was parked at the end of the road were the gate is. Which leads me to ask, why were 3 guys down that gated rd that leads to a closed business doing 8 in the morning.

I imagine them being on the plant side of that gate is what made them look suspicious. The concrete plant has been closed a long time. Gliniewicz apparently came down Honing road and saw these guys on the other side of a closed gate. If you zoom in on the map I posted above, you can see where the main entrance to the plant used to be off of Rollins road. These three guys would've been WAY BACK towards the rear of the plant property, which I would think could raise a few questions from a patrol officer.

The gate you are referring to isn't the main gate into the plant. They could have driven a car into the plant itself from Rollins road. They could have exited the same way. The dirt road with the gate (Honing) is an old access road leading to the rear of the plant.

Map here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kdNsSY53CGeU&usp=sharing

The gate being discussed is not the one found on the google map, but rather the one the witness (JV, iirc) describes in the Patch interview. He was describing where he saw Lt. G's car parked at a gate from his place of employment near the dirt road area of Honing.

Thank-you so much for the updates from the news conference. One thing jumped out at me, and maybe this is normal routine, and it means nothing. ( Toxicology tests will take more time but could be very relevant. ) The could be very relevant, why would that be? Is there some reason for stating it that way?

I had the same question. Toxicology reports hadn't even crossed my mind prior to seeing it as part of todays presser

Entrance to concrete plant from Rollins road

Attachments

• Glin2.jpg
    Glin2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 91
Entrance to plant through back way, Honing Road.

Attachments

• 98 Honing road.jpg
    98 Honing road.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 88
The gate being discussed is not the one found on the google map, but rather the one the witness (JV, iirc) describes in the Patch interview. He was describing where he saw Lt. G's car parked at a gate from his place of employment near the dirt road area of Honing.

Right, it is a chain link gate across the road where Honing road turns from pavement to dirt. I'm responding to what was said at the end of post #215.

And, what I said at the end of Post 215 is:

“I think it is unlikely the three men Gliniewicz told the dispatcher about were there in or with a vehicle. The gate into the cement plant seems to be the 'end of the road'.

Lots to think about.”

And, in relooking at satellite view of Honing Road, I now have to rethink and revisualize where the Officer’s car was parked. And steelman is right, I suppose, that people could possibly have entered and exited the cement plant in a vehicle from Rollins Road, assuming they could open the gate there. Personally, I don't currently believe that is what happened.

Joanie Lum FOX 32 (@JoanieLum): https://twitter.com/JoanieLum?s=09

Vernon Hills woman accused of making false report of cop killer suspects. 100s of cops pulling back. Woman charged. #manhunt @fox32news

This just makes me so angry! All the resources, time & money wasted. Ugh!

She needs to work to pay restitution for the whole search and also receive punishment!!!

The gate you are referring to isn't the main gate into the plant. They could have driven a car into the plant itself from Rollins road. They could have exited the same way. The dirt road with the gate (Honing) is an old access road leading to the rear of the plant.

Map here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kdNsSY53CGeU&usp=sharing

I'll have to look for a link but iirc the first report was that the suspects were last seen at Rollins Road and Route 59?
Is this correct?

Okay lazy fingers will check.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/09/01/fox-lake-school-locked-down-after-police-officer-shot/

We know now some of the details in the article are incorrect. The location of the shooting was reported to be near Rollins Rd. and Rt.59.
I recall reading somewhere that the suspects were last seen near this location but nobody has claimed they witnessed the suspects fleeing the scene.

Last night on Anderson Cooper, it was reported that once police arrived to the scene, it took them 8 minutes to locate the lieutenant. So 6 minutes to get to the scene and 8 more minutes to find the officer gives them a lot more time to make an escape. Praying that there's some good video out there...

I see two cars in the lot though I'm aware that's not a current image (at the time of the crime).
Wonder why those two cars would be parked there though.

Locals, is Rollins Road a frontage road? I heard LE refer to the frontage road.
Is Rollins used/busy at the time the crime occurred?
It looks desolate in the picture.

Interesting that the man being interviewed says in response to a question as to if that area back there was a popular hangout or if drug users were known to hang out there, he says no, that there were squatters there at one time, but he and others have walked back there and there's been no sign of anything like that, and that cops do a good job of patrolling back there. He say's it's all a little bit odd.

So we have a case where an Officer is shot, three suspects no one sees at an odd time of day, in an area that is not known for being a place for drug users or people hanging around, that is regularly patrolled by LE, and no one saw or heard anything. This is a very strange case indeed. I hope there is some kind of break/news today.

http://patch.com/illinois/crystallake/video-fox-lake-man-watched-aftermath-cops-murder-unfold

[video=youtube;I2se8LQVbME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2se8LQVbME[/video]

While the Patch article and interview video is very interesting (it was originally posted here last night) the guy saw Gliniewicz's car and heard and saw nothing else.

What I was prompted to do this morning was to seek the location of the business in relation to the old cement plant. I urge anyone who is curious enough, to do the same thing. The address of the business is 105 Precision Drive. Once you get there using Google, use streetview and follow Precision Drive back to Honing Road. That is where the paved portion of Honing Road ends and the gravel road begins. If you turn left and look down the gravel road that leads to the cement plant, you can see the gate to the plant where the officer stopped and got out of his car.

The guy did see the officer drive his car down that road. He did not see any other car come out of that road. And, there are no other roadway escape routes there.

Nor did he mention seeing any breathless individuals scurrying back to their places of employment.

Maybe this will help get you there:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...1s0x880f7805f1797efb:0xbb3f14be1f90eb7d?hl=en

:bump:

There are pictures of what the interviewed worker (JV) was describing. I think I am confused on what gate(s) he was talking about. I am trying to match what I am seeing in pics here to what has been shown on local news, and I haven't been able to do so yet.

I don't know how to do screen shots but if anyone can snag some screen shots from what is being shown via video and described as area's of interest along the area if the crime scene, please post them!!!! thank you :blowkiss:

It doesn't look like a car could cross the tracks here. The tracks look raised and not level with the gated road crossing the tracks. It's possible that area of rail was replaced after the road was closed off via the gate.

Entrance to plant through back way, Honing Road.

I think Precision is the street that veers off to the left and Honing is the dirt road going straight. I think, but am not 100% sure that the industrial buildings between the T/V in the road is the location of the employee (JV) interviewed in the patch interview.

Thoughts? Steel' can you add the location of the employee to your map? It would be good to see where JV witnessed what he is talking about from an aerial view. TIA.

I'll have to look for a link but iirc the first report was that the suspects were last seen at Rollins Road and Route 59?
Is this correct?

Okay lazy fingers will check.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/09/01/fox-lake-school-locked-down-after-police-officer-shot/

We know now some of the details in the article are incorrect. The location of the shooting was reported to be near Rollins Rd. and Rt.59.
I recall reading somewhere that the suspects were last seen near this location but nobody has claimed they witnessed the suspects fleeing the scene.

I think that was just early misinformation and the intersection Rollins and 59 being the nearest major intersection as opposed to the more detailed side street information which came out after the initial reports.

Last night on Anderson Cooper, it was reported that once police arrived to the scene, it took them 8 minutes to locate the lieutenant. So 6 minutes to get to the scene and 8 more minutes to find the officer gives them a lot more time to make an escape. Praying that there's some good video out there...

Correct. If he was in the wide open field he would have been spotted immediately and it's possible suspects could have snuck out of there while LE was combing the wooded area. I still don't think they would have risked exiting via the open field. Too easy to be seen.

During the press conference (can't find the spelling of the speaker's name - lol - nobody can spell it!), he said that squatters HAVE BEEN a problem in the area back there (concrete plant) though he didn't give a time frame.

http://www.lakecountyil.gov/sheriff/Pages/default.aspx

Here's the Sheriff's Office write-up about the false report out of Volo.
Mental illness must be at play here so I do feel some compassion.
Just look at her - she needs help.

When interviewed on TV, her neighbors in Vernon Hills, said the woman is known for reporting suspicious people in their neighborhood and telling other tall tales but they never realized she'd be capable of interfering with real life police work like she did yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey