Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joanie Lum FOX 32 (@JoanieLum): https://twitter.com/JoanieLum?s=09

Vernon Hills woman accused of making false report of cop killer suspects. 100s of cops pulling back. Woman charged. #manhunt @fox32news

This just makes me so angry! All the resources, time & money wasted. Ugh!

Stacey BacaVerified account
‏@StaceyBacaABC7
#BREAKING: Sheriff's spokesman says Kristin Kiefer, 30, is charged with felony after fabricating story that sparked #Volo manhunt.

Rob Elgas ‏@RobElgasABC7 12m12 minutes ago
UPDATE: Lake Co. Sheriff says Kristin Kiefer fabricated story about seeing #FoxLake suspects. Forced huge response.

CN9w5CkUEAA7Bia.jpg

[video=youtube;6JoPAX-chTM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JoPAX-chTM[/video]

Hundreds Come Together at Vigil for Fallen Fox Lake Lieutenant
Lieutenant Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was the first on-duty officer who was shot and killed in Lake County in 35 years
Natalie Martinez, NBC Chicago
reports from the vigil where Mrs. Gliniewicz called

"her husband tonight her "tried and true." She called him her "blood and her blue."

Illinois town honors fallen cop known as "G.I. Joe"
Anna Werner CBS Evening News

Last Updated Sep 3, 2015 4:28 AM EDT

"men he spotted on his way to work, said Lake County Major Crimes Task Force Cmdr. George Filenko, the lead investigator on the case."
[...]

"Backup officers found him about 50 yards from his squad car with a gunshot wound."
[...]

"Filenko said there was no indication he was intentionally targeted, though authorities did not rule out that possibility."
[...]

Attorney General Loretta Lynch on Police Shootings
CSPAN

She mentions the many shootings

http://www.newser.com/article/05b02...omans-lie-prompted-large-police-response.html

"Police say Kiefer told detectives that she was seeking attention from a family that employs her and that she chose the location because she knew about Gliniewicz's death."

It's mind boggling that they found no trace of those three guys yesterday after the shooting. They found the wounded officer about 20 minutes after his initial call came in. There would have been about a 30 minute period of confusion after he was found, during which time they would have been calling in the calvary. So to make the math easy, let's say there would have been a high intensity search going on about an hour after the officer first called in.

Since no one was located or found during that initial dragnet, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe the 3 perps had a vehicle parked in that vicinity that no one was aware of. The initial call said that the officer was going to approach 3 males that were on foot. Just because he wasn't aware of a vehicle, doesn't mean there wasn't one close by.

They took his gun and his pepper spray, but they didn't hijack his car. If they had a vehicle in the area, that would go a long ways in explaining why there were no sightings of them by civilians shortly after the shooting. If they were on foot, surely someone would have seen them walking around on some of the city streets in that area, even if they had split up.

They could have jumped on Highway 31 or Highway 12 and gone a long ways in the first half hour, and been well out of range of the initial search zone. I think these guys are in a vehicle, not on foot as first suspected.

I am still wondering why the recorded conversation states that there was "a white male" and "a black male" that fled from the scene taking the Officer's side arm and pepper spray.(No third suspect mentioned in the call)

I am still wondering why the recorded conversation states that there was "a white male" and "a black male" that fled from the scene taking the Officer's side arm and pepper spray.(No third suspect mentioned in the call)

LethalWeaponRA2_9259.jpg

It's mind boggling that they found no trace of those three guys yesterday after the shooting. They found the wounded officer about 20 minutes after his initial call came in. There would have been about a 30 minute period of confusion after he was found, during which time they would have been calling in the calvary. So to make the math easy, let's say there would have been a high intensity search going on about an hour after the officer first called in.

Since no one was located or found during that initial dragnet, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe the 3 perps had a vehicle parked in that vicinity that no one was aware of. The initial call said that the officer was going to approach 3 males that were on foot. Just because he wasn't aware of a vehicle, doesn't mean there wasn't one close by.

They took his gun and his pepper spray, but they didn't hijack his car. If they had a vehicle in the area, that would go a long ways in explaining why there were no sightings of them by civilians shortly after the shooting. If they were on foot, surely someone would have seen them walking around on some of the city streets in that area, even if they had split up.

They could have jumped on Highway 31 or Highway 12 and gone a long ways in the first half hour, and been well out of range of the initial search zone. I think these guys are in a vehicle, not on foot as first suspected.

Makes great sense, steelman. If you look at the area they show in this report

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/illinois-police-officer-shooting-sparks-massive-manhunt-fox-lake/

There's a railroad track. Do you suppose trains would stop around there for any reason? Is it a hangout area?

The perps may not have been there out of the blue. It would more likely be men who knew the area, it seems. If the dogs lost their scent, could the perps have taken a boat to a car?

Following your point, that they may have doubled back to their car or split and met up, would argue for familiarity with the area. They may have been communicating with each other on their cells, at some point as this was happening, it may be possible?

Whatever made them run was worth not getting caught for and bad enough to murder an officer. It would be interesting to know where and how it started exactly, the chase and murder.

I see there are business's in the area of honing rd & sayton rd, hmmm a car import business. OK We know that the three were on foot running from the officer and heading to or in the marshy area, do we know if they (the 3) had a vehicle in the area and headed back after the officer was shot and left the area before backup arrived? jmo idk

Joanie Lum FOX 32 (@JoanieLum): https://twitter.com/JoanieLum?s=09

Vernon Hills woman accused of making false report of cop killer suspects. 100s of cops pulling back. Woman charged. #manhunt @fox32news

This just makes me so angry! All the resources, time & money wasted. Ugh!

I did not see this coming. False report never crossed my mind. Teenagers running through fields to purposely look suspicious and find that immature type of behavior funny yes, but a purposeful false report? No. What a :censored: .

I see there are business's in the area of honing rd & sayton rd, hmmm a car import business. OK We know that the three were on foot running from the officer and heading to or in the marshy area, do we know if they (the 3) had a vehicle in the area and headed back after the officer was shot and left the area before backup arrived? jmo idk

There was a local business owner on Honing Rd. outside who saw almost the whole thing. A must read and must watch video at link.

http://patch.com/illinois/crystallake/video-fox-lake-man-watched-aftermath-cops-murder-unfold

I am from the area and was listening to the scanner and texting feverishly with friends in the Volo and Lakewood areas as helicopters hovered over their homes, swat teams searched their yards and they sat paralyzed with fear, some of them with small children who were scared. This woman unleashed a horror beyond horrors upon this community that is already shaken to the core and grieving the loss of a wonderful man. I do wonder, however, that while I was listening to the scanner, there were so many people calling in sightings of men running around the streets through neighborhoods, etc...what was that all about?

Makes great sense, steelman. If you look at the area they show in this report

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/illinois-police-officer-shooting-sparks-massive-manhunt-fox-lake/

There's a railroad track. Do you suppose trains would stop around there for any reason? Is it a hangout area?

The perps may not have been there out of the blue. It would more likely be men who knew the area, it seems. If the dogs lost their scent, could the perps have taken a boat to a car?

Following your point, that they may have doubled back to their car or split and met up, would argue for familiarity with the area. They may have been communicating with each other on their cells, at some point as this was happening, it may be possible?

Whatever made them run was worth not getting caught for and bad enough to murder an officer. It would be interesting to know where and how it started exactly, the chase and murder.

Thanks for the offer, I made up my own map though .....you can click on it below.

Map here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kdNsSY53CGeU&usp=sharing

Yes, my thoughts are that the perps involved in this are definitely locals to the area. They know the area back behind the concrete plant is sort of a good overgrown hiding spot for doing things like smoking some weed and drinking some beer. It may also be a good location to conduct drug transactions away from the prying eyes of the local businessmen, as well as those darn pesky cops.

I think this is going to turn out to be one of two things:

Scenario one:
A group of three friends that were hanging out there that morning, were spotted by Gliniewicz as he was patrolling through that industrial park area, attempted to hide behind the brush and trees in the hopes that he didn't see them, and then ambushed him when he actually got out of his car and began approaching them. Personally, I think he probably walked right up to them. There was one in the group that is a little less even-tempered than the other two, and when Gliniewicz turned his back or got distracted, the hot headed one made his move. Whether or not he grabbed Gliniewicz's gun and shot him or if he had his own gun isn't known by any of us, but the cops know. After he was shot, all three of them got into THEIR OWN vehicle, and left the scene. The initial theory was that he was chasing 3 guys on foot....fine...I get it. But just how exactly did those three individuals get to that location to begin with ? It's out in the middle of nowhere, technically speaking.

Scenario two:
A couple of friends were meeting their drug supplier before work that day. Much to their surprise, Gliniewicz came along and spotted them. Even though they tried to hide from him, he saw them first and kept approaching and finally got out of his car and walked to where they were. Just because Gliniewicz didn't call in that he saw a car or two parked nearby, doesn't mean there wasn't one. He would have been busy keeping an eye on the 3 suspects and most likely giving them stand down orders as he was approaching them. The rest of what happened next would fall pretty much fall in line with scenario #1.

I think at least one of the people involved work right there at one of the local businesses, and it's possible all 3 of them do. They may work together, they may all work independently at different places. By the time Gliniewicz's backup got there, these guys had already gotten to work and walked into the buildings. Due to the commotion that followed shortly thereafter, around 8:10 a.m., what with all the sirens and cop cars and all of that......nobody would have even paid any attention to those 3 guys, even if they were acting a little strange. The same goes with any construction crews that may have been working in the area that morning.

These guys are local. They knew about that hiding spot behind the concrete plant. They also know they can normally conduct business back there and not be bothered by anybody. On this morning however, they made themselves visible to Gliniewicz, and the rest went downhill from there. Nobody saw these guys running down the street or walking down the railroad tracks, because they were in their own vehicle. What better place to hide from the cops than inside a building where you work ? I think the perps were dead smack in the middle of the search zone the entire time.

I am from the area and was listening to the scanner and texting feverishly with friends in the Volo and Lakewood areas as helicopters hovered over their homes, swat teams searched their yards and they sat paralyzed with fear, some of them with small children who were scared. This woman unleashed a horror beyond horrors upon this community that is already shaken to the core and grieving the loss of a wonderful man. I do wonder, however, that while I was listening to the scanner, there were so many people calling in sightings of men running around the streets through neighborhoods, etc...what was that all about?

Well, we know that woman who called, it was a hoax. But no way other people calling in with that specific sightings were all in on a hoax. I mean, no matter where you live it would be odd that men are running around the streets and people are calling the police about it.

Question - does anyone know who called in the suspicious men? Or did the officer simply see them himself and decide to investigate?

Well, we know that woman who called, it was a hoax. But no way other people calling in with that specific sightings were all in on a hoax. I mean, no matter where you live it would be odd that men are running around the streets and people are calling the police about it.

Exactly. Or people's minds playing tricks on them. Or maybe they saw someone earlier who had been out jogging, or maybe even law enforcement officers? We specifically kept hearing reports of a white man in black shirt and a black man with a white shirt.

steelman, that is what I believe also. But for some reason I have a feeling that Lt Gliniewicz either knew, or recognized these men. When you live in a smallish town, it is hard not to at least recognize people from that area, or at least that has been my experience. That is why I wondered if there is a drug problem around there?

Question - does anyone know who called in the suspicious men? Or did the officer simply see them himself and decide to investigate?

I believe the officer called in the suspicious men, I haven't heard of anyone else calling in about suspicious men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostFromThePast