IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to come out and say that I don't think there were three men there that morning. What are the odds that there would be three men matching the description who LE found and cleared AND three men matching the description Lt.Gliniewicz gave the dispatch at the cement place?

I don't know whats going on in this case, but nothing seems to be adding up. The comments from the ME tell me there are very serious doubts the shooting happened the way we've been told it did. I bet there are more than a few LE who have the same questions the ME has and I'm glad he spoke out. I hope this case will be solved, but I fear it may not.

JMO A lot of effort has been spent on trying to comfort his grieving family and friends, understandably. I think, on top of that, his fellow LE are trying to assuage their own grief and "protect their own" as they also do, understandably. Part of that is also protecting the pride that they have in being men of the blue. Not all, but I think that some of his colleagues have a pretty good idea of what happened. They probably would like this attention to go away. JMO

JMO A lot of effort has been spent on trying to comfort his grieving family and friends, understandably. I think, on top of that, his fellow LE are trying to assuage their own grief and "protect their own" as they also do, understandably. Part of that is also protecting the pride that they have in being men of the blue. Not all, but I think that some of his colleagues have a pretty good idea of what happened. They probably would like this attention to go away. JMO

I totally agree!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-police-shooting-met-0910-20150909-story.html

Coroner: Fox Lake officer died of single gunshot wound

"Fox Lake Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz died of a single devastating gunshot wound, Lake County Coroner Dr. Thomas Rudd said Wednesday.

Police have declined to discuss autopsy findings, and Rudd did not say where on his body the 52-year-old officer was wounded the morning of Sept. 1. Rudd also did not say if the officer suffered any other wounds."

<Snip>

"But the coroner said Wednesday he can't finish the autopsy report until he receives further information from the police investigation.

"As it stands now, I cannot give a manner of death because I don't know what happened in terms of where did this bullet come from," Rudd said. "Right now, all unnatural deaths are up for suggestion. That means homicide, suicide, accident, undetermined."

Police have said they are withholding certain details about the case so as not to compromise the investigation."

<Snip>

"Authorities have not said whether they think Gliniewicz was killed with his own gun. But they did confirm several days into the investigation that his gun was found near his body."

Video and more at link.

ABC7 just quoted the ME as saying Lt.Gliniewicz died from a gunshot wound to the head. No link as it was just on 5:00pm news. Nothing said about back of the neck.

So now one media report is trumping the prior media report made earlier in the day. The information posted by one media outlet completely contradicts the information posted by a different one.

Different media outlets are reporting different things, it all depends if they have an insider contact or if they are simply reporting what is issued in the press conferences. Information is being obtained through anonymous sources who won't go on the record or be identified.

Everything is spiraling out of control because the people in charge are withholding some of the most basic information about the investigation. If the news media can't get the right story, they'll make one up through the bits and pieces of information they do have. If they don't like that story, they'll edit it the next day based on something else they heard.

Social media and the "comments" sections of most online media sources are in a total uproar due to the complete lack of details, conflicting details, and the lack of transparency.

Welcome to the F%%@$g circus.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-police-shooting-met-0910-20150909-story.html

Coroner: Fox Lake officer died of single gunshot wound

"Fox Lake Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz died of a single devastating gunshot wound, Lake County Coroner Dr. Thomas Rudd said Wednesday.

Police have declined to discuss autopsy findings, and Rudd did not say where on his body the 52-year-old officer was wounded the morning of Sept. 1. Rudd also did not say if the officer suffered any other wounds."

<Snip>

"But the coroner said Wednesday he can't finish the autopsy report until he receives further information from the police investigation.

"As it stands now, I cannot give a manner of death because I don't know what happened in terms of where did this bullet come from," Rudd said. "Right now, all unnatural deaths are up for suggestion. That means homicide, suicide, accident, undetermined."

Police have said they are withholding certain details about the case so as not to compromise the investigation."

<Snip>

"Authorities have not said whether they think Gliniewicz was killed with his own gun. But they did confirm several days into the investigation that his gun was found near his body."

Video and more at link.

If the bullet came from a gun that wasn't CG's, wouldn't that potentially rule out suicide for the ME? If he can't rule it out I think it came from his own gun JMO.

If the bullet came from a gun that wasn't CG's, wouldn't that potentially rule out suicide for the ME? If he can't rule it out I think it came from his own gun JMO.

Apparently they aren't sharing ballistics reports with the coroner.....or anything else for that matter.
His frustrations are mounting as well because he's being flimflammed and stonewalled by the very people who are supposed to be in charge of solving this murder. To say this investigation is following standard protocol would be both laughable and naive'.

If the Coroner quotes from the Patch article are indeed quotes, Rudd did not just observe a cadaver: he knew Gliniewicz . JMO

Also, if the shot was from his own gun, that does not rule out homicide. But if it was a shot to the head, it pretty much rules out accident. JMO

Also, if the shot was from his own gun, that does not rule out homicide. But if it was a shot to the head, it pretty much rules out accident. JMO

Unless he tripped and fell and it went off.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/investiga...-326100651.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_CHBrand

Coroner Breaks Silence on Fox Lake Officer's Shooting

<Snip>

&#8220;We obviously know that a bullet killed him,&#8221; Rudd told NBC5. &#8220;I can&#8217;t rule out a suicide. I can&#8217;t rule out an accident. And I can&#8217;t rule in a homicide.&#8221;

In other words, while Rudd knows what his own autopsy revealed, he still wants some evidence that another person, or persons, were involved.

&#8220;I can&#8217;t issue a manner of death until law enforcement gives me everything they have,&#8221; he said.

Rudd&#8217;s comments come a day after Filenko pointedly noted that he didn&#8217;t have a final autopsy report.

&#8220;Well, the coroner himself has not shared anything with us,&#8221; he said.

That&#8217;s true, Rudd notes, because the report has not been written. But he quickly added that police are armed with everything he knows at this point.

&#8220;Three of George Filenko&#8217;s task force members were at the autopsy,&#8221; he said. &#8220;He knows what we found.&#8221; And now, he suggested, the key to issuing that report is in investigators&#8217; hands, not his.

&#8220;We have no eyewitnesses, in regard to this officer being hit by this bullet," he said."

More at link.

:cowcouch: :ghost: :ufo:

Katydid23, you started this thread, therefore we all consider you an insider and an expert on the case.

If you would, go get some information from the people in charge and report back to us with some accurate details.

If you could get that done by 7 a.m. tomorrow morning, it would be greatly appreciated.

You can be our anonymous source if you want.....we won't name names.

an computer and hammer 3_8_14.gif

Unless he tripped and fell and it went off.

OK, but what about the shot that didn't kill him because he was wearing a bullet-proof vest? JMO Had to happen before the kill shot. JMO Gun went off twice, by accident? JMO

Katydid23, you started this thread, therefore we all consider you an insider and an expert on the case.

If you would, go get some information from the people in charge and report back to us with some accurate details.

If you could get that done by 7 a.m. tomorrow morning, it would be greatly appreciated.

You can be our anonymous source if you want.....we won't name names.

View attachment 81206

Steel: Katie can certainly speak for herself, but I believe she started the thread not as an "insider" but as an interested member of websleuths. That is how they usually get started. She cares deeply about LE and was sad to see that another one has been lost. JMO

OK, but what about the shot that didn't kill him because he was wearing a bullet-proof vest? JMO Had to happen before the kill shot. JMO Gun went off twice, by accident? JMO

Do we know that both shots came from the same gun?

Steel: Katie can certainly speak for herself, but I believe she started the thread not as an "insider" but as an interested member of websleuths. That is how they usually get started. She cares deeply about LE and was sad to see that another one has been lost. JMO

And you need to learn how to tell when someone is joking around.........................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en