IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case Filenko misspoke.
Cubby, I listened over and over again and he referred to his home agency as Rollins Park.
How is it possible I heard Round Lake Park and made it into Rollins Park after checking/re-listening three or four times?
lol - anything is possible but really?

On top of that I tried to look for a link to confirm Filenko's home agency and couldn't fine one.
Aliens have taken over my computer.

Maybe I'm going crazy.

:cowcouch: :ghost: :ufo:

If I typed what I'm thinking, I'd be banned forever.
My theory is very dark.

Cow couch here I come!

Lol-----ditto!!

LOL we are still helplessly IN the dark. Eventually the pre-event and the event itself will be known. In the meantime, anything is possible. JMO........The commenter referred to asked many of the questions that I have so I don't think that it was his intention to rumor-monger, but speculate based on what he understands, so far. (or she). LE stated that the LT. was "on his way to work", so either he was indeed scheduled to work or was notified the night before or before 6am to come in. Perhaps the person he had the 90 minute meeting with the day before, did not know that. I would like to know if all of the Fox Lake PD wear their bullet-proof vests every day, though. JMO

I think this case is going to fade away with no resolution. I hope I'm wrong.

Don't you think the villagers will demand to know what happened? This was an earth-shattering event for that relatively small community. JMO

I think this case is going to fade away with no resolution. I hope I'm wrong.

A quick glance at the Chicago Tribune website and Chicago TV station websites shows that it's starting to sink lower and lower into bottom page news. There's really nothing for the media to talk about though since absolutely nothing has happened with this case. This case has just been so bizarre. In another week, it's going to be dangerously close to "cold" status if nothing happens between now and then.

Yes, Rollins Park is a town. Filenko referred to it as his "home agency" and is where he received a call/tip from. Beyond that, I don't know. Filenko said (as of yesterday), that tip was still being investigated.

Lake County, Illinois ~ http://www.lakecountyil.gov/countygovernment/othergovernment/Pages/citiesandvillages.aspx

No Rollins Park in above list.

Can a Commander of Major Crimes in _____ County live in another country?

Please, if anybody else has access to yesterday's presser, can you help to clarify?
Filenko referred to receiving a call from his "home agency" and mentioned "Rollins Park".
He stated the tip/person was still being investigated at the time he was speaking.

Beyond this, I don't know what to say or have an explanation.

I believe Filenko misspoke/stumbled between "Round Lake Park" and "Rollins Park". He misspoke/stumbled on a couple of other details in that presser, as well. It sounds coincidental that there is a town named Rollins Park. It is in another county on the other side of the large Chicago metro area.

Don't you think the villagers will demand to know what happened? This was an earth-shattering event for that relatively small community. JMO
I'm surprised and saddened by the lack of community demand and trust to the p r o c e s s going on. I see/hear hushed conversations between people, but no vocal/public demands.

I believe Filenko misspoke/stumbled between "Round Lake Park" and "Rollins Park". He misspoke/stumbled on a couple of other details in that presser, as well. It sounds coincidental that there is a town named Rollins Park. It is in another county on the other side of the large Chicago metro area.

Respectfully, looking at a map Rollins Park is a neighborhood in Aurora. Similiarly to how Chicago is broken up into it's different neighborhoods.
http://www.point2homes.com/US/Real-Estate-Listings/IL/Aurora/Rollins-Park.html

As Filenko himself said:He's twice the age of most working the case and not getting much sleep. Living up that way "Rollins Rd." and any of the Round Lake communities sort of go hand in hand. Figured he meant Round Lake Park.

My first reaction on day one was the perps would never be caught, forums like this fuel hope that I'm wrong.

Not sure if this has been posted yet:

"Single Devastating Gunshot Wound Killed Fox Lake Police Lieutenant" - http://patch.com/illinois/crystalla...ce+&+fire&utm_campaign=recirc&utm_content=aol

From the link:

"Rudd questioned whether it was even possible for a killer to get close enough to Gliniewicz — a former soldier and veteran police officer — to take his life.“This is an Army man,” Rudd said. “He’s 52, (but) he’s got the body of a 25-year-old. When you’re in the armed forces, obviously, you’re trained how to kill.”

"Single Devastating Gunshot Wound Killed Fox Lake Police Lieutenant" - http://patch.com/illinois/crystalla...ce+&+fire&utm_campaign=recirc&utm_content=aol

From the link:

"Rudd questioned whether it was even possible for a killer to get close enough to Gliniewicz — a former soldier and veteran police officer — to take his life.“This is an Army man,” Rudd said. “He’s 52, (but) he’s got the body of a 25-year-old. When you’re in the armed forces, obviously, you’re trained how to kill.”
Wow...not sure where to go from here....that is pretty heavy stuff coming from the coroner.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

So the cops are keeping the coroner in the dark too, huh ? No wonder he's lashing out through the news media...........and it's gonna get worse the longer they stonewall and play games.

This is what happens when too many agencies are involved.......total gridlock.

Too many chiefs and not enough indians.

From the link:

http://patch.com/illinois/crystalla...ce+&+fire&utm_campaign=recirc&utm_content=aol

“This whole thing is getting a little sticky as far as the cause and manner of death.”

Lake County Coroner Thomas A. Rudd

From the link:

From that article: 1) Coroner did NOT disclose the location of the killing shot to the questioner and 2) LT was dead when the back-up arrived. JMO

I can understand the coroner's frustration. He's got a dead guy laying there on his table with a gaping bullet wound in the back of his neck, but he has no idea if it was intentional, accidental, if the guy did it himself, or if someone did it to him. Why? Because the cops aren't telling him anything about what was found at the scene, therefore he has no idea what actually happened.
(Pretty much like everyone else in the country)

He's got a guy laying there with a bullet wound...........that's all he's got. No details, no police reports.

I think it's safe to say I might have an idea where some of these leaks have
been coming from.....eh, doctor ?

ABC7 just quoted the ME as saying Lt.Gliniewicz died from a gunshot wound to the head. No link as it was just on 5:00pm news. Nothing said about back of the neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en