IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you need to learn how to tell when someone is joking around.........................................

OK. Did not see the animated statement. Still mean what I said. LOL JMO

I will throw out another possibility. What if the 2 white males and 1 black male in the videos are the same that CG saw but someone else ambushed him when he went back there? Those guys had to be near the area for LE to place such importance on the videos IMO.

Also a thought after the ME's comments, someone close that CG trusted could walk up close enough for the shot before CG had time to become suspicious and defend himself IMO.

From the link Solitaryone posted above,

In the meantime, Filenko confirmed Wednesday that officers have yet to interview Gliniewicz’s family, a meeting they hope to set up within the next few days. “We’re giving the family time to grieve,” he said. “Obviously we’ve got to respect the widow’s privacy.”

BBM and this is why we have no answers. I'm glad the coroner spoke up. It seems like LE is trying to delay the inevitable. Their pointing fingers at each other is irritating.

Sure everyone is emotional and grieving, still it is not fair to leave a community hanging in the wind, especially after the lock downs etc.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/investiga...fficers-Shooting-326100651.html#ixzz3lI1g7pGJ
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

From the link Solitaryone posted above,

In the meantime, Filenko confirmed Wednesday that officers have yet to interview Gliniewicz’s family, a meeting they hope to set up within the next few days. “We’re giving the family time to grieve,” he said. “Obviously we’ve got to respect the widow’s privacy.”

BBM and this is why we have no answers. I'm glad the coroner spoke up. It seems like LE is trying to delay the inevitable. Their pointing fingers at each other is irritating.

Sure everyone is emotional and grieving, still it is not fair to leave a community hanging in the wind, especially after the lock downs etc.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/investiga...fficers-Shooting-326100651.html#ixzz3lI1g7pGJ
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

I agree, and I hope the community is not left hanging. LE should have been interviewing all those close to Lt.Gliniewicz including his wife and family. As hard as this is for his wife surely she understands why everyone needs to be questioned/interviewed. Maybe now that these issues have been brought out LE will get to the bottom of this. I hope so anyway.

Anderson Cooper reporting now on CNN.

Topic: Coroner report

A woman is pointing out the discrepancies or omissions concerning evidence in the case.

The report lasted approx. three minutes.

I agree, and I hope the community is not left hanging. LE should have been interviewing all those close to Lt.Gliniewicz including his wife and family. As hard as this is for his wife surely she understands why everyone needs to be questioned/interviewed. Maybe now that these issues have been brought out LE will get to the bottom of this. I hope so anyway.

Initial reports were homicide. If my husband were murdered, I would certainly be in communication with police. This case is starting to get on my last nerve. Now I am thinking everyone jumped the gun and it's now more about protecting emotions and ego's, to hell with the public.

Not sure if this has been posted yet:

"Single Devastating Gunshot Wound Killed Fox Lake Police Lieutenant" - http://patch.com/illinois/crystalla...ce+&+fire&utm_campaign=recirc&utm_content=aol

From the link:

"Rudd questioned whether it was even possible for a killer to get close enough to Gliniewicz — a former soldier and veteran police officer — take his life.“This is an Army man,” Rudd said. “He’s 52, (but) he’s got the body of a 25-year-old. When you’re in the armed forces, obviously, you’re trained how to kill.”

I completely understand and agree with Dr.Rudd's frustration but to me this statement by him comes across like a bad Chuck Norris parody.Whether or not it was the jungles of Vietnam or a heavily wood swampy abandoned cement yard.Terrain and other circumstances may become great equalizers...Superior firepower and strength are no guarantee of victory.

Just a lurker here.....but live close to the area this happened. I think if you read between the lines, you know what really happened. I don't think there ever were any suspects. As to the motive in all of this, that probably will be the big question.

I'm inclined to think it was a suicide.....and the mere fact the coroner isn't ruling this out says a lot. I feel the only reason it wasn't treated as such is due to the initial call saying there were 3 suspects....even though no one has ever been able to find any evidence of these people existing despite the fact they were there within minutes and conducted a ridiculous manhunt. This isn't 1985...if someone did this, they would have slipped up and said something to someone....somewhere....especially when there doesn't seem to be any evidence.

I am simply going on basic reasoning. I don't take ANYTHING the media says as being evidence....the media has been terrible the last few years in reporting blatantly false info. First they had a suspect in this case in custody, then it was all three....then it was no one. First the suspects took the officer's gun, then they didn't. Just a bunch of misinformation.

I do understand the manhunt.....you would obviously trust a call that said he was chasing three suspects....due diligence would require you to conduct some sort of manhunt. However, I think as autopsies, etc. come in.....the picture is becoming clear.

Just a lurker here.....but live close to the area this happened. I think if you read between the lines, you know what really happened. I don't think there ever were any suspects. As to the motive in all of this, that probably will be the big question.

I'm inclined to think it was a suicide.....and the mere fact the coroner isn't ruling this out says a lot. I feel the only reason it wasn't treated as such is due to the initial call saying there were 3 suspects....even though no one has ever been able to find any evidence of these people existing despite the fact they were there within minutes and conducted a ridiculous manhunt. This isn't 1985...if someone did this, they would have slipped up and said something to someone....somewhere....especially when there doesn't seem to be any evidence.

I am simply going on basic reasoning. I don't take ANYTHING the media says as being evidence....the media has been terrible the last few years in reporting blatantly false info. First they had a suspect in this case in custody, then it was all three....then it was no one. First the suspects took the officer's gun, then they didn't. Just a bunch of misinformation.

I do understand the manhunt.....you would obviously trust a call that said he was chasing three suspects....due diligence would require you to conduct some sort of manhunt. However, I think as autopsies, etc. come in.....the picture is becoming clear.

Thank you for coming out of lurkdom john3293. :welcome:

Does anyone know if they ever reported the names of the officers who first arrived on the scene? IIRC, two squad cars responded to the call for backup.

Let me also say the other big question here is how to deal with this if indeed it was a suicide. I think they might be past the point of just simply coming out and saying that's what it was. At this point, I would bet there is a lot of politics involved in something like this due to all the money that has been spent, man hours used, etc. I'm glad I'm not having to make these decisions.

Does anyone know if they ever reported the names of the officers who first arrived on the scene? IIRC, two squad cars responded to the call for backup.

I have not seen any names reported, no.

I haven't really considered the possibility of suicide to be very likely from the beginning. That is probably due to all of the positivity surrounding him in the community, his family, etc. Just no outward signs leading to that consideration for me.

A week plus since and some clues and evidence are out there now. They are few, but are more than was known on the morning of Sept. 1. I guess the coroner has registered an educated opinion on suicide already by not ruling it out (although nothing has really been ruled out, has it?). Again, I've heard little outward talk of suicide in the community, other than john3293's recent post here. Doesn't mean it isn't happening on the down-low.

Setting aside anything that isn't physical evidence (ie; Joe's radio report, suspect descriptions, etc.) and looking at what we know now (of the body, gun, gunshots, etc.), could suicide be possible and/or likely?

Anderson Cooper reporting now on CNN.

Topic: Coroner report

A woman is pointing out the discrepancies or omissions concerning evidence in the case.

The report lasted approx. three minutes.
Anyone found this online? Haven't been able to locate video of it.

If suicide, why call for back up? They already knew where he was so it wasn't to get them there. When he didn't check back in they would've found him. I'm not saying it isn't suicide but I'm not convinced it was either.

If suicide, why call for back up? They already knew where he was so it wasn't to get them there. When he didn't check back in they would've found him. I'm not saying it isn't suicide but I'm not convinced it was either.

For the same reason he would report suspects who never existed: to stage it as a homicide. Not saying I believe it's suicide yet, but just a thought.

I haven't really considered the possibility of suicide to be very likely from the beginning. That is probably due to all of the positivity surrounding him in the community, his family, etc. Just no outward signs leading to that consideration for me.

A week plus since and some clues and evidence are out there now. They are few, but are more than was known on the morning of Sept. 1. I guess the coroner has registered an educated opinion on suicide already by not ruling it out (although nothing has really been ruled out, has it?). Again, I've heard little outward talk of suicide in the community, other than john3293's recent post here. Doesn't mean it isn't happening on the down-low.

Setting aside anything that isn't physical evidence (ie; Joe's radio report, suspect descriptions, etc.) and looking at what we know now (of the body, gun, gunshots, etc.), could suicide be possible and/or likely?

Well, that's the thing.....I don't think much of the community has ever considered that a possibility, either, because of all the positive stuff with him. However, a lot of people seem to have known that something wasn't right here from the start.....any reasonable person can see that. That was my whole thing.....what could his motive have been? We may never know.....and regardless of all the positive stuff we've heard, I think we all have heard stories about people doing that where there were no outward signs or where the person seemed really happy on the outside and only questions were left (that were never answered). Someone mentioned there was a 90-minute talk the day before with the mayor....I also would love to know how that went.

Also, when I talk about politics (besides the money and man hours)....the funeral procession was ridiculously huge and apparently there were police who came from as far as New York and Texas (it obviously was a national story). I just don't think this would reflect well on the police (especially given the current state of the nation with all of the police shootings) if it came out as a suicide that was made to look like a murder.

All this being said, I'm obviously not a cop. We aren't privy to most of the information that I'm sure they have. I am pretty sure ballistics tests would be able to give a better idea on this (whether it was potentially a suicide versus a murder....exit points, trajectories, etc). Are they still waiting for these test results?

I think suicide is likely with what we know now. If this was a suicide and Lt.Gliniewicz didn't want his wife and family to know, he could have made up the three suspects and then before backup arrived shoot himself. Of course this is just me speculating. I do think the ME and LE must have some idea as to what happened and if it is a suicide I hope the public will be informed. I don't think I've seen a case of an LE shooting death handled quite like this before, and I wonder if part of this is a way to prepare themselves as well as the public?

....the funeral procession was ridiculously huge and apparently there were police who came from as far as New York and Texas (it obviously was a national story). I just don't think this would reflect well on the police (especially given the current state of the nation with all of the police shootings) if it came out as a suicide that was made to look like a murder.
I think I posted earlier that I personally observed LE in the 1.5+ hour procession from; Detroit, LA County, Iowa, Indiana, Wisconsin, Kentucky, dozens of Chicago and downstate Illinois jurisdictions and many other non-suburban agencies like many local community colleges, railroad, forest preserve, customs/border patrol, etc. I agree that it would leave a bad taste to all of those making that effort if it ends up being suicide or related to the internal department dirty laundry. Really hoping it doesn't go that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member