IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, this is a little cryptic but about the bb guns, what could an old cabin, or old factory be used for? say by

younger people. there are pictures out there. sleuth harder. no wish for tos vacation here.

Now, I'm more confused about all this. I honestly wouldn't have any idea, except a place to hang out, do drugs, and everything else young people would do, that they can't do at home?

That is a huge assumption to include his wife in on the conspiracy. :scared:

I don't think that the post you quote involves his wife in any conspiracy. People talk about funeral wishes even without anticipating an imminent death.

Only if one reads it that way. I said nothing about a conspiracy. Don't married people discuss their funeral desires?

Was it stated somewhere that he wanted that? Most people say "no open casket", odd for someone to say they want one.

And yes, women also are more likely to choose a heart shot to avoid being disfigured. Plus unless the gun was placed in his mouth there is a chance of surviving with disfigurement/brain damage.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Here is my attempt at posting a few pics of Joe from his FB from back in September of last year. It appears that this occurred shortly after him doing the race in Hawaii. Someone wished him luck with the arm and heal quickly, which makes me think surgery. But the way the scars look, I am thinking injury. I am not a doctor, but it also appears that there is an older scar as well, but not sure.

Not sure what I am thinking is the nature of the injury or surgery at this point. Was just wondering if it might have something that happened in the line of duty, or if it caused him ongoing issues. Obviously he did the race just prior and looked amazing!

That said, there has been a lot of talk about how physically fit he was, but just wondering if the injury may have caused him to be less capable of defending himself or anything like that.

Still having a difficult time with the suicide angle. He just appears to be such a level headed, likable guy with a sense of humor. If he was having that many financial difficulties, a trip to Hawaii for a race wouldn't seem logical, and he seems extremely logical.

Again...none of this is making any sense at all.

Re pix ^ Is pix #2, w gash, stitches (?), and steri-strips his right arm, like I think it appears to be?
Other two pix have plaster-style cast & other pix has 'bionic' style appliance on left arm.
Or do I have it wrong, because three cast pix were taken in mirror, so images are back-azzwards (reflections) and gash pix was not taken in mirror?
IOW, did he have injuries to both arms? Same time or diff time?

Someone (IDK who, but TYVM) said, he appeared to be right-hand-dominant, w gun holstered on right side.
If right handed, that looks like a baaaaaaaad injury which could have impaired his shooting skills. Did he shoot in competitions?

RIP, Officer G.
(Way behind w this morning's posts. Sorry if already discussed.)

Was it stated somewhere that he wanted that? Most people say "no open casket", odd for someone to say they want one.

And yes, women also are more likely to choose a heart shot to avoid being disfigured. Plus unless the gun was placed in his mouth there is a chance the person could survive.
Well, one of the articles about the funeral said it was an open casket. I don't know which article, I mostly did not follow the funeral coverage.

And yes, women also are more likely to choose a heart shot to avoid being disfigured. Plus unless the gun was placed in his mouth there is a chance of surviving with disfigurement/brain damage.

I would also like to know how we know what it was he wanted. I have to disagree though with you that most say "no open casket." I have never been to one or know of anyone who had an open casket.

Re pix ^ Is pix #2, w gash, stitches (?), and steri-strips his right arm, like I think it appears to be?
Other two pix have plaster-style cast & other pix has 'bionic' style appliance on left arm.
Or do I have it wrong, because three cast pix were taken in mirror, so images are back-azzwards (reflections) and gash pix was not taken in mirror?
IOW, did he have injuries to both arms? Same time or diff time?

Someone (IDK who, but TYVM) said, he appeared to be right-hand-dominant, w gun holstered on right side.
If right handed, that looks like a baaaaaaaad injury which could have impaired his shooting skills. Did he shoot in competitions?

RIP, Lt Joe.
(Way behind w this morning's posts. Sorry if already discussed.)

It appears to be a wedding band on the ring finger that he holds the phone to take the pic. Seems that is his righthand. jmo idk

That is a huge assumption to include his wife in on the conspiracy. :scared:

WHAT???? Most couples have that discussion. That does not imply that his wife was in on a conspiracy and I doubt that that was the intention of the post. JMO

From pics online his firearm is on his right side and not in a croos draw position.
Military (not sure he reg carried a gun in reserves) and PDs usually do not allow cross drawing your sidearm.

As for the injury. It does look right arm. I think earlier I thought it was left arm but it is mirror selfies so I was backwards. But again he would have been medically cleared to go back on duty.

Not sure what shooting comps have to do with anything. You would be shocked how little the average cop in the US shoots......

I have seen too many open caskets for comfort. ICK. Cremation is the way to go, LOL JMO

Do we know he was still smoking? The marlboro pack picture was apparently from 2007. Wouldn't his wife and kids know if he was terminally ill?

.....only if he told them.

If true; I'm sure that his computer searches would show if he was googling cancer treatments or symptoms or whatever. Plus his medical provider would know if he had a biopsy done or whatever. Plus the coroner would know by now if he had cancer.

So maybe the coroner knows that there is a possible reason why he may have wanted to commit suicide. But are waiting for LE to give him enough to say this is a homicide. Idk

Giving him enough? It's either one or the other. It can't be a suicide but let's create enough evidence to call it a homicide. Well, it can be, but I don't think the coroner rolls that way.

Giving him enough? It's either one or the other. It can't be a suicide but let's create enough evidence to call it a homicide. Well, it can be, but I don't think the coroner rolls that way.

Well he said he couldn't determine at the moment and he was waiting for LE to give him more information before concluding the manner. That was his words. But he will most likely put undetermined just to be neutral and eliminate headaches or a possible back lash from people on both sides of the fence. Jmo

Well he said he couldn't determine at the moment and he was waiting for LE to give him more information before concluding the manner. That was his words. But he will most likely put undetermined just to be neutral and eliminate headaches or a possible back lash from people on both sides of the fence. Jmo

I can't imagine pacifying people by putting undetermined when hundreds of thousands of dollars and the truth are at stake. I would prefer to think that he will put what his actual professional opinion of the MOD would be.

I would also like to know how we know what it was he wanted. I have to disagree though with you that most say "no open casket." I have never been to one or know of anyone who had an open casket.

That's probably cause MOST folks that have an opinion on it say no open casket. Also perhaps open caskets in the US have become less common the last few decades. But in this case it was open.

I can't imagine pacifying people by putting undetermined when hundreds of thousands of dollars and the truth are at stake. I would prefer to think that he will put what his actual professional opinion of the MOD would be.

If he isn't 100% certain then I can understand why he would choose undetermined. If he isn't certain and he opinion is wrong then he causes the family a lot of grief and money.

If he isn't 100% certain then I can understand why he would choose undetermined. If he isn't certain and he opinion is wrong then he causes the family a lot of grief and money.

ITA - but I think I was referring to him saying undermined just to please both sides. I feel that if he is certain either way, that is what he will put, regardless of hurt feelings.

The only reason that so many people are speculating suicide is because the lack of evidence. Or lack of evidence that has been released to the public.

At this point, there is zero evidence to support a suicide theory. The only known evidence of 3 suspicious males are from the LT himself. For right now, that's good enough for me until I hear the final reports.

ITA - but I think I was referring to him saying undermined just to please both sides. I feel that if he is certain either way, that is what he will put, regardless of hurt feelings.

I didn't say please both sides. I said eliminate backlash or ongoing speculations from both sides.

Undetermined makes it easier to reopen a investigation later on. So it's always the safest bet when you are not sure. Especially when you don't have an agenda.

Btw: How certified is this coroner. What is his experience as far as body count and wrong manners of death.

I didn't say please both sides. I said eliminate backlash or ongoing speculations from both sides.

Undetermined makes it easier to reopen a investigation later on. So it's always the safest bet when you are not sure. Especially when you don't have an agenda.

Btw: How certified is this coroner. What is his experience as far as body count and wrong manners of death.
http://www.tomruddforcoroner.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member