IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

So the coroner is running for reelection. Hmm. Can someone say agenda maybe? Does he really want to look incompetent or be questioned on the biggest case in town by speculation during a reelection ?

Also i think when the manner is undetermined. They still have to list the pros and cons of the ones that couldn't be eliminated at the time.

So natural and accidental is cleared probably. But he would still have to list his reasons on why both the suicide and homicide manners couldn't be dismissed. So the report would still be very telling of his thoughts and reasonings. Jmo

Why would his home computer searches matter to some suspicious persons killing him down at the cement yard? What PC would there be for the search warrant?

Not sure what justifies a PC search warrant but I heard on the news last night LE was taking this step.
I'm plugging along trying to catch up so maybe this has been discussed.

When I heard the report last night, I had already logged out.
The computer search seems like a good idea to make sure nothing hidden was going on in the Lt.'s life, either personal or to uncover discussions that could lead to clues (whether homicide or suicide).

The investigation isn't too far along regarding the computer forensics because, per the report, it sounded as if LE would soon be obtaining the warrant not that they had it already.

OK get the popcorn popping..........see ya later JMO

Not sure what justifies a PC search warrant but I heard on the news last night LE was taking this step.
I'm plugging along trying to catch up so maybe this has been discussed.

When I heard the report last night, I had already logged out.
The computer search seems like a good idea to make sure nothing hidden was going on in the Lt.'s life, either personal or to uncover discussions that could lead to clues (whether homicide or suicide).

The investigation isn't too far along regarding the computer forensics because, per the report, it sounded as if LE would soon be obtaining the warrant not that they had it already.

Thanks for the info.
Sorry for the confusion. I spend too much time talking to LEO so PC in this sense meant Probable Cause and not Personal Computer.

Probable Cause is just the legal standard needed to justify a warrant.

Glad to hear they are trying to obtain one.

Ex-Chicago cop accused of threats released on bond

Dispatch-Argus
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:32 am
Associated Press

"Joseph A. Battaglia, 54, was released hours after a morning hearing at which a judge declined a defense request for his $100,000 to be lowered; Lake County Sheriff's Office spokesman Chris Covelli confirmed Battaglia's release from jail Tuesday evening.

Battaglia's attorney, Myron Goldstin, told The Associated Press his client had put down the required $10,000 cash to secure his release.

Battaglia's next hearing is scheduled for Oct. 6."​

Officials analyzing computers, social media accounts of Fox Lake officer

FOX32
By: Craig Wall
POSTED:SEP 15 2015 09:24PM CDT
UPDATED:SEP 15 2015 10:20PM CDT

"Test results are due soon from ballistics and DNA evidence, which could answer two important questions: Was Gliniewicz' gun, which was recovered from the scene, the one that killed him? And does some unknown DNA found on the scene match anyone in criminal data bases, and if so, could that person be the killer?

Computers belonging to Gliniewicz are being forensically analyzed at a lab and his social media accounts are also being scrutinized. But some of that work is waiting for certain accounts to comply with requests for access by law enforcement."

Just a note. I read that Snap Fitness Club was the one he and his wife belong (ed) to. I looked on googlemap and it IS north of both the crime scene and the PD, for what it's worth. We do not know if he worked out that morning, though. JMO

The woman who either owns or manages Snap Fitness was interviewed via telephone the day the Lt. was found shot.

People will have to trust me on this one but she said the Lt. used Snap Fitness to work out.
She said they were not open at the time he was shot.
She went on to explain she was able to view video on the outside of Snap Fitness from her home and was doing that already but didn't see anything suspicious.

I remember wondering why a fitness club didn't open earlier in the morning as so many people work out prior to going to work.

There's a chance another employee opened up the fitness center but she said she wasn't present the morning of September 1.
I'm pretty sure she indicated that Snap was not open yet during the hours prior to the news about CJG.
Though I'm positive she said she was viewing video from her home and she had not been to work yet.

I think he probably expected to get the Fox Lake job once Behan left as well and that didnt happen either. There is probably some local politics going on that kept him from moving up in that area.

I have (and continue to) not believe this was a suicide,however:

That's a great observation.
(edit) to also thank Cady who also had the same thought

I completely over looked this...Getting Behan's position would have been a real reversal of fortune.

IMO:

The conversation with the Mayor the previous day may have included a lot more than the Mayor exposed us to.

A dedicated proud man getting turned down twice would most likely be feeling a lot of hurt over his perceived failure.

It explains the muddled statements about when Lt. Joe's actual retirement date was to be...

The Mayor essentially kicked him in the crotch with the rejection for the Fox Lake Chief Of Police position,Lt Gliniewicz's next destination was retirement but the Mayor wanted him to stay around to provide stability.... The conversation may well have been somewhat contentious.

Less than 24 hours later he's got a dead cop in his Police Department.
The Mayor's malarkey about Joe discussing his wishes for the Explorers during their final meeting would put a nice warm fuzzy easily digestible cover story on what actually transpired.

I have (and continue to) not believe this was a suicide,however:

That's a great observation.

I completely over looked this...Getting Behan's position would have been a real reversal of fortune.

IMO:

The conversation with the Mayor the previous day may have included a lot more than the Mayor exposed us to.

A dedicated proud man getting turned down twice would most likely be feeling a lot of hurt over his perceived failure.

It explains the muddled statements about when Lt. Joe's actual retirement date was to be...

The Mayor essentially kicked him in the crotch with the rejection for the Fox Lake Chief Of Police position,Lt Gliniewicz's next destination was retirement but the Mayor wanted him to stay around to provide stability.... The conversation may well have been somewhat contentious.

Less than 24 hours later he's got a dead cop in his Police Department.
The Mayor's malarkey about Joe discussing his wishes for the Explorers during their final meeting would put a nice warm fuzzy easily digestible cover story on what actually transpired.

So who do you think murdered him? JMO

The woman who either owns or manages Snap Fitness was interviewed via telephone the day the Lt. was found shot.

People will have to trust me on this one but she said the Lt. used Snap Fitness to work out.
She said they were not open at the time he was shot.
She went on to explain she was able to view video on the outside of Snap Fitness from her home and was doing that already but didn't see anything suspicious.

I remember wondering why a fitness club didn't open earlier in the morning as so many people work out prior to going to work.

There's a chance another employee opened up the fitness center but she said she wasn't present the morning of September 1.
I'm pretty sure she indicated that Snap was not open yet during the hours prior to the news about CJG.
Though I'm positive she said she was viewing video from her home and she had not been to work yet.
Which snap fitness did he usually work out at? The one right in fox lake is open 24/7, most snap fitness 's are, though there are some that don't stay open all the time.

Which snap fitness did he usually work out at? The one right in fox lake is open 24/7, most snap fitness 's are, though there are some that don't stay open all the time.

The AD that I saw was for Fox Lake and said open 24/7. I looked it up. It was between his trip to work, from Antioch to the FLPD. It was north of both the crime scene and FLPD. JMO

The mayor spoke to a reporter on TV last night too.
He stated that Gliniewicz was a good friend of his and that the suicide theory is malarkey (my word).

He stated that Gliniewicz was a good friend of his and that the suicide theory is malarkey (my word).

The Mayor, even as a good friend, cannot know what was in Gliniewicz' psyche. JMO

So who do you think murdered him? JMO

Someone who was at the cement yard
(edit)
Vague,I know but I'm staying with his last radio transmission and believe it was someone with a lot to lose.

Cady I overlooked your earlier post on the line of thought re: Behan's old position and edited my previous post to also credit you.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/20313295-story
“It angers me, there's no indication at all that it was a suicide,” said Fox Lake Mayor Donny Schmit when asked about the rumors that Gliniewicz may have taken his own life.

Schmit was a very close friend of Gliniewicz.

“To besmirch this good man's reputation on pure speculation just angers me. It's not fair to him, it's not fair to our town. It's not fair to the police department,” Schmit said.

The AD that I saw was for Fox Lake and said open 24/7. I looked it up. It was between his trip to work, from Antioch to the FLPD. It was north of both the crime scene and FLPD. JMO

Thanks for looking Snap Fitness hours up.
Maybe the owner (pretty sure she was the owner who was interviewed), is the only person who can view the surveillance video.

It just seems to me she made it sound as if the place hadn't opened up yet though I may be wrong and read into something to form my opinion. If CJG had worked out there earlier, maybe she was asked by LE not to reveal any details. This phone interview was early during the first day.
I'm not even sure why I remember it other than the area of Snap was near to where he was found (the report indicated) which is why she was reviewing surveillance.
Could it be that he did leave from Snap Fitness?

The Mayor, even as a good friend, cannot know what was in Gliniewicz' psyche. JMO

No, but the Mayor is entitled to his opinion.
More than I am anyway as I never met anyone who is close to this case (that I know of anyway).

Thanks to those who are backing up my statements by providing links.
Man, I'm lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members