IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that he was removed. So, what? What is it that you think happened here? Please don't say how others are wrong in their thoughts, without affirmatively asserting how you believe this went down, based on evidence. I really would like to know . JMO

It is fine if you think he was removed. I was only asking V to say so directly instead of saying it was retirement. Thats all.

OK. That is the impression I got because it is being said that the investigation and the inventory is so frightening for him that he had no way out but suicide. Sounds ominous and what else is an inventory going to find but fraud or theft?
I think you have me confused with other posters. I never said he was scared of the inventory. I have been clear that I dint believe this has anything to do with the standard inventory.

And why would they need to do that now if Joe was doing all that all along?

Maybe they are double checking it. He may have kept records and because of all of this tragic chaos, they feel the need to review it all.

The E program seemed to be G's pet project. maybe no one else has the same passion for it. That happens all of the time in high school programs.

I also think that he was removed. So, what? What is it that you think happened here? Please don't say how others are wrong in their thoughts, without affirmatively asserting how you believe this went down, based on evidence. I really would like to know . JMO

I have posted my possible scenario a few times already.

Maybe they are double checking it. He may have kept records and because of all of this tragic chaos, they feel the need to review it all.

The E program seemed to be G's pet project. maybe no one else has the same passion for it. That happens all of the time in high school programs.

This isn't a high school program. It is not chartered by the high school.

what does that have to do with any ofof what your said?

I said that he was in the process of finding a new job. And perhaps when he knew where he was going to work, then he would finalize retirement and his plans for the E program. He applied for various positions and was ALSO probably hoping to replace Behan if possible.

This isn't a high school program. It is not chartered by the high school.

No, but it is in conjunction with them because it is local HS students. It is a Boy Scout program, AFAIK. And they work closely with the school districts.

And why would they need to do that now if Joe was doing all that all along?

If he cared as much about it as he seemed to it would be ready to hand over to someone without a special review or audit or whatever it is they're doing. Finding someone to take over at the last minute may or may not be separate from it being ready to hand over to someone immediately.

Maybe it was difficult to have someone take over right away because for some reason it wasn't ready.

It is fine if you think he was removed. I was only asking V to say so directly instead of saying it was retirement. Thats all.

If you want a direct answer, maybe ask a direct question? Saves typing. JMO

I said that he was in the process of finding a new job. And perhaps when he knew where he was going to work, then he would finalize retirement and his plans for the E program. He applied for various positions and was ALSO probably hoping to replace Behan if possible.
He could not have hoped to replace Behan until after Aug 27. Everything he did was prior to this with the exception of the discussion with the mayor which happened 4 days later.

So all prep regarding the Explorers had to have happened before he tight he could take Behan's place. So he was applying for jobs outside this PD and away from this Program where he could not remain leader since at least May when the Antioch job was posted and closed.

If you can't understand that then I can't help.

This program is for 14-21 year olds and didn't involve the school even if some high school students attend.

No, but it is in conjunction with them because it is local HS students. It is a Boy Scout program, AFAIK. And they work closely with the school districts.

He could not have hoped to replace Behan until after Aug 27. Everything he did was prior to this with the exception of the discussion with the mayor which happened 4 days later.

So all prep regarding the Explorers had to have happened before he tight he could take Behan's place. So he was applying for jobs outside this PD and away from this Program where he could not remain leader since at least May when the Antioch job was posted and closed.

If you can't understand that then I can't help.

You have no idea what prep he had already done. You are assuming and speculating, imo.

You are interpreting Bayless one way, and others may have a different interpretation. JMO

This program is for 14-21 year olds and didn't involve the school even if some high school students attend.

My son was in the Explorers for two years. I am familiar with the program. The comments I made about how these programs work were applicable. JMO

And it is not just some high school students that attend. I'd bet that 80% or more are high school students.

Please stop telling people that they have not been following closely, or that they cannot understand you etc. No snark is needed.

Then stop asking me the same questions over and over and insisting I said something or insinuated something that I did not and you should know I did not if you were following my posts.

So either you are purposely mistaking what I said or you don't read my posts saying the exact opposite.

And your point is what? You opinion based on the exact same phrase is somehow more valid than mine?
You have no idea what prep he had already done. You are assuming and speculating, imo.

You are interpreting Bayless one way, and others may have a different interpretation. JMO

No, it isn't speculation. Joe was being removed because you must be a member of the charter PD to remain leader. Joe was retiring and would not be allowed to stay leader of the program.

Sorry, I guess wording it as being removed didnt sound like retirement which would be his choice.

Then stop asking me the same questions over and over and insisting I said something or insinuated something that I did not and you should know I did not if you were following my posts.

So either you are purposely mistaking what I said or you don't read my posts saying the exact opposite.

I just looked over my recent posts. When I asked you questions , I usually quoted your exact words. So I don't see how I was mistaken about what you said.

I have not seen any post where I asked you the same questions over and over.

My understanding of what we know of the conversation is that he was concerned and wanted reassurance that the Explorers program would continue in his absence. That does not sound like he had his ducks in order, to me, as far as the Explorers were concerned. JMO...................More like he had no choice, in the matter. JMO

Sounds to me like he was preparing to retire, to me....JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member