IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no idea what prep he had already done. You are assuming and speculating, imo.

You are interpreting Bayless one way, and others may have a different interpretation. JMO

If he had prepped for this, wouldn't Mrs. Gliniewicz, as an advisor, listed after Joe have been able to divulge his transition plans for leadership of Explorers? Is she still an advisor? I do not know. What was her function with the Explorers> I do not know. JMO

there is no difference in the gaping hole created, in terms of the viability of the explorers. And this is really nibbling at semantics....the question is why is gliniewicz dead? Jmo..............there is some reason behind it....we may not see the reasoning, but somebody did.

thank you!!!!

I just want to point out that no matter how much preparation Joe may have done, if no one was willing and capable to step in and fill his shoes, there's absolutely nothing else (short of not retiring) Joe could've done to make sure the charter continued IMO.

I just want to point out that no matter how much preparation Joe may have done, if no one was willing and capable to step in and fill his shoes, there's absolutely nothing else (short of not retiring) Joe could've done to make sure the charter continued IMO.
I completely agree. But then one has to ask why not one single one of his co workers are willing to step up to continue this man's legacy?

I completely agree. But then one has to ask why not one single one of his co workers are willing to step up to continue this man's legacy?

Time, effort, schedules, other responsibilities, to name a few.

I don't see why he could not continue to mentor, unless to do that he had to still be employed by the FLPD. He started (as far as I know) looking for work elsewhere back in the spring, so if continuing to mentor Post 300 was an issue back then, why did he not ask about his ability to mentor back when he was looking at leaving Fox Lake? Then, he did not get the jobs that he applied for, so he was thinking about retiring, but had done nothing about it formally, and did not discuss the issue of his relationship with Explorers until Aug 31? He as the Leader and Mentor, really owed it to the kids to secure a smooth transition of leadership, in my opinion. JMO

And maybe he would have made that smooth transition if he hadn't been killed. We don't know if he was contemplating retirement at the end of September or the end of the year.....JMO.

Sounds to me like he was preparing to retire, to me....JMO

Truly, and I have no money on this, it sounds to me that his time with the Explorers was over. I think it was eased on him by his dear friend, the mayor, and he felt his world closing in on him. He was probably told why...but the mayor was not about to divulge the why publicly. I think that he lay awake all night and thought about his life and his family and his loss and his legacy and plotted his suicide. JMO

Maybe because they have their own pet projects and their own lives to handle. And I thought Federly was on deck to take over?

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
No, not necessarily. There is a lot of red tape. They are doing it step by step. Taking investors, going over the books. Looking at the need and the success or failure rate.

Did it help the kids? Did it create any future employees?

It did indeed actually!

I only had this in my notes because I find it interested how MB calls him LT in town meeting but Joe to the public. Won't go into that now. But it also mentioned about the employees

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20150907/news/150909073/

"Former Fox Lake Chief Mike Behan said during the service that three current police officers were trained by Gliniewicz and were part of the Fox Lake Explorer post.

Behan retired from the Fox Lake Police Department three days before Gliniewicz was killed.

"Joe has been in my family since 1985," Behan said, adding his family includes the Fox Lake Police Department, residents and the Gliniewicz family. "Today, Joe, you've become a nation's family."

Time, effort, schedules, other responsibilities, to name a few.

Oh I get it. I just mean it doesn't look good for Joe if he could not gin up the support even after a hero's death. And considering his widow was a huge part of it and you would think someone would do it for her?

Whatever reasons they had I do feel bad for him. To know it might end because he was leaving and none of his co-workers would take over for him just sucks.

Truly, and I have no money on this, it sounds to me that his time with the Explorers was over. I think it was eased on him by his dear friend, the mayor, and he felt his world closing in on him. He was probably told why...but the mayor was not about to divulge the why publicly. I think that he lay awake all night and thought about his life and his family and his loss and his legacy and plotted his suicide. JMO

You might be right. But it would have had to be something major to make him leave his 4 sons in such a devastating fashion.

Why would he be removed from the Explorer program ? Theft, scandal, ineptness?

You might be right. But it would have had to be something major to make him leave his 4 sons in such a devastating fashion.

Why would he be removed from the Explorer program ? Theft, scandal, ineptness?

It's common for people who are suicidal to believe their families would be better off without them.

It did indeed actually!

I only had this in my notes because I find it interested how MB calls him LT in town meeting but Joe to the public. Won't go into that now. But it also mentioned about the employees

"Former Fox Lake Chief Mike Behan said during the service that three current police officers were trained by Gliniewicz and were part of the Fox Lake Explorer post.

Behan retired from the Fox Lake Police Department three days before Gliniewicz was killed.

"Joe has been in my family since 1985," Behan said, adding his family includes the Fox Lake Police Department, residents and the Gliniewicz family. "Today, Joe, you've become a nation's family."

That was the express purpose of my son's explorer program. They were like interns at the PD station. They got the chance to learn about what cops do every day and to see if they wanted to be involved. And I truly believe it helped keep my son out of trouble because he wanted to go into LE/

So he purposely avoided hanging with his friends that got high and all that. Not that he never went and played beer pong or got speeding tix etc. He did get in minimal teen troubles. But he did not follow a few friends down the hard core road of coke and dealing drugs etc.

I would think the Fox Lake PD would be now looking at the program to see if there are any realistic candidates worth spending time and money to train.

I think some of the writing was on the wall for Gliniewiscz when Police Chief Michael Behan was put on paid administrative leave about August 21st and I believe Lieutenant Mark Schindler was selected at that time to fill in for him while he was on leave. Then, when Behan quit a week later, it seemed like Schindler was the likely one to replace him at least until a real search for a new chief (if that was going to happen).

Something about that meeting with the mayor.

If he had prepped for this, wouldn't Mrs. Gliniewicz, as an advisor, listed after Joe have been able to divulge his transition plans for leadership of Explorers? Is she still an advisor? I do not know. What was her function with the Explorers> I do not know. JMO

I think she has bigger things to deal with at this time. JMO

It did indeed actually!

thank you, thank you, thank you, for the extra digging you have been doing on this case. I appreciate it very much! You've been awesome digging away and then finding info to answer questions so quickly.
:yourock::tyou:

The Fox Lake Explorer Post 300 looked less like they were being trained to help old ladies cross the street and other domestic type police duties and more like they were being trained to wage war in the deserts of the Middle East, IMO. Or, maybe the deserts of America.

:stop:

Please stop with snarky comments. I've had to clean up several pages. If you don't like the post, scroll and roll. Alert a mod if need be. We're here to help.

Please stay on topic.

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members