IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who might not even know WS has an ignore setting.

First click on "settings" in the upper right corner.
Second scroll down list of features in window on left side. Under "my settings" "my account" you will see "Edit ignore list"
Third add any members you wish to add to your ignore list.

This is an especially good feature which works almost as good as blood pressure medicine when necessary.

hth!

Your quote above is from Walkers post of the financials. I was under the impression that this was FLPD financial and not the village. Note the amounts for vests.

It is the entire village but it is separated by departments. I posted the Public Safety portion which is the Police Department. Also, that is a lot of locks to change out at that price. I have recently rekeyed my house 20 plus something doors after my remodel and it was less than the larger price. How big is the explorer post? Also, with the change of department personnel, probably would have been re-keyed, now that I am thinking about it. Just a thought.

Okay, I found the quote. "You can contact Bill Fedderly (william K. Fedderly on FB) private message him. He is running the program until my world rights itself. Mel G."

You know, I couldn't imagine being Mel G and my heart hurts for what she and her family are going through. She is obviously not in a great place to take over at this point, but does seem she plans to continue with the program. It seems she is obviously going through the page, down memory lane. Can you blame her?

Alright, I am going on soapbox moment for a moment. If anyone has ever volunteered their time, you know that what that consists of and that is YOUR time, effort, and a lot of times can be your own money. Even teachers are known to dip into their own pockets to help fund their classrooms. It seems the LT went WELL above and beyond in his position. Finding someone with that type of dedication, might not happen overnight.

Here is a quote from the LT.

He sounded very proud of the way the post supports themselves and doesn't just rely on being a line in a budget somewhere. Wow, what a concept. Teaching these kids work ethic. Some of the best skills needed to live life. Don't we need more of that as society? Personally, I think this LT was probably the best thing as a mentor role model some kids may have ever had. I do NOT nor did I ever peg Joe for being involved in any form of criminal activity, or being part of any plot or suicide cover up. He seems like a man of honor and integrity. This man seems tough as nails but his smile, to me is nothing but kind and genuine.
I think the LT speaks for himself in his dedication to the explorers if you take the time to look at the Facebook pages. I think Katy says it right, that some of things being said here, tarnish his legacy, I feel where the explorers are concerned, some of them probably are reading here, and it just seems disrespectful. I know it's all speculation and I am also part of being speculative, it just seems wrong to me in regards to accusations that he could be behind missing equipment, when he was the one tasked to inventory it all. Kinda a Oxymoron.

This man was not about himself, he was for serving and helping others. My cousin shared a story about an event they do about drinking and driving, it is held in Wisc and Joe was the only Officer they could get to volunteer their efforts. He traveled to Wisconsin on his time to do this. I just think he was that type of person.

I will get off the emotional soapbox now. So, no need to beat me up over it. It is just my personal opinion and understand that many of us hold different positions, which I respect.

Here are the links to the Explorer pages. I will admit, it made me somewhat emotional because a lot goes into what he was doing with these kids.

https://www.facebook.com/Official-Fox-Lake-Explorer-Post-300-301525713191456/

https://www.facebook.com/Fox-Lake-Police-Explorer-Post-300-8143682717/

Thank you, well said! :goodpost:

When they are spending other people's money....
As far as I can tell the Explorers met at the Chamber of Commerce slash community center on Nippersink rd. So it would probably entail more than a few keys for that to be changed.

It is the entire village but it is separated by departments. I posted the Public Safety portion which is the Police Department. Also, that is a lot of locks to change out at that price. I have recently rekeyed my house 20 plus something doors after my remodel and it was less than the larger price. How big is the explorer post? Also, with the change of department personnel, probably would have been re-keyed, now that I am thinking about it. Just a thought.

" He is running the program until my world rights itself. Mel G."
She would never be allowed to run the program as she is not a police officer with the Charter PD.
So this is confusing to me.

She would never be allowed to run the program as she is not a police officer with the Charter PD.

It's possible after she's has gone through some of the grief stages she hopes to volunteer her help to whoever will be running the program permanently.

If they ran it together maybe she can help hand it all over instead? Sort of take over with the transfer where he left off, but she's not up to doing it yet so they have an interim leader until she can. It does sound strange but that's my best guess. I'm sure she knows she could never be the one to lead it.

It's possible after she's has gone through some of the grief stages she hopes to volunteer her help to whoever will be running the program permanently.

That is not what she said though.
She said a lot of qualifiers that don't point to that at all.

If they ran it together maybe she can help hand it all over instead? Sort of take over with the transfer where he left off, but she's not up to doing it yet so they have an interim leader until she can. It does sound strange but that's my best guess. I'm sure she knows she could never be the one to lead it.
Hm... I ain't buying it. Her husband ran it for 30 years and she says that....

Jmo, no facts, pure speculation,.....etc....

Agree. Dads gone. She has her own kids to still help guide.

Plus who can think with still no m.o.d mentioned. Just like us; was it homicide or suicide. So the program will have to make due or be suspended until things can continue again. Maybe they can just do arts and crafts for a little while until this blows over. Jmo

That is not what she said though.
She said a lot of qualifiers that don't point to that at all.

She's a victim here and I'm not gonna pick her words apart. Maybe she could've said it better but I'm giving her some slack.

Agree. Dads gone. She has her own kids to still help guide.

Plus who can think with still no m.o.d mentioned. Just like us; was it homicide or suicide. So the program will have to make due or be suspended until things can continue again. Maybe they can just do arts and crafts for a little while until this blows over. Jmo

I was thinking she might have files, manuals, equipment... something like that they'd need to get it totally back together.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...police-explorers-met-1014-20151013-story.html

Fox Lake Commits To Youth Policing Program Led By Fallen Officer.

Beat me to it I just came to post this when I saw it pop up in my feed.j

Some interesting stuff about who has been picked.
"Village spokesman Dave Bayless said Gliniewicz was not involved in that investigation, though he had been participating in the police review of equipment and procedures."

Eta: okay I was confused about Keller never mind.

Beat me to it I just came to post this when I saw it pop up in my feed.

Some interesting stuff about who has been picked.

When was Keller moved to interim? Isn't he from Lake County Sheriffs?

Eta: okay I was confused. For some reason I thought keller was just holding down the fort until Schindler was made interim. I had it backwards.

Or am I reading that wrong?

The new guys came from Lake County.

newchief.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics