IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say the SGT who stepped up to volunteer was instrumental in the onset and day of the search. I was very impressed with her fast thinking and take charge actions. To learn she was a prior explorer gives me chills, because you could hear her arrive to the scene about the time of the Officer Down came through. She was composed but you could hear hint of emotion in her voice. Makes sense given LT would have been her mentor.

That's my point. Why so long between Behan going and the stuff being locked up?
And the keys being changed?

Perhaps they are investigating a rogue scout or rogue officer? Perhaps they checking the weapon inventory for both reasons. Perhaps they have more answers and clarity today than they did a month ago.

Perhaps they are investigating a rogue scout or rogue officer? Perhaps they checking the weapon inventory for both reasons. Perhaps they have more answers and clarity today than they did a month ago.

That is what I am thinking. This isn't all Behan inventory or else they were really slow in getting to it.

Some info in this case text I stumbled on when researching Role Call at Fox Lake PD. Seems they once had a lawsuit:

https://casetext.com/case/bartoszewski-v-village-of-fox-lake

The plaintiffs' second amended complaint alleged that for over 10 years the defendant had required the plaintiffs to report for roll call 10 minutes prior to their daily shifts. They alleged that they are entitled to compensation at the overtime rate (time and a half) for all *980980 time spent at roll call.

C. Hours of Work and Overtime: The work week for all police officers * * * shall be a forty (40) hour work week. * * * Overtime work may be authorized by the department heads when necessary and such authorized overtime shall be reported to the Trustee chairman of the department. Police officers may be compensated for authorized overtime at a rate of pay equivalent to their regular pay or being granted compensatory time off, at the discretion *981981 of the Chief of Police." Fox Lake, Ill., Village Code § 1-8A-10 (1990).

Some info in this case text I stumbled on when researching Role Call at Fox Lake PD. Seems they once had a lawsuit:

https://casetext.com/case/bartoszewski-v-village-of-fox-lake
Yeah that is an old case from the previous chief. It is useful to figure out who was on the force etc... during that little tiff.

I don't think we.ever settled if Fox Lake still required that. Considering Behan was on the suit I would be surprised if kept it after he became chief. But I just don't know and the task force hasn't answered what was expected of Joe at roll call that morning.

Thanks. Some people are sticklers. Why didn't they just take an extra 10 minute paid break to make up the difference. Roll call is important to know what's what for the shift. It's actually benefits them as a team on a daily basis. Geez

This was more about their union contract I believe than anything else.

I guess we can assume the new direction for the Explorers is going to be more like what Katydid described than like a Military style training camp it was previously.

Just saying....

I guess we can assume the new direction for the Explorers is going to be more like what Katydid described than like a Military style training camp it was previously.

Just saying....

Btw. Where is my friend.

The role call issue's irrelevant: If Lt. Gliniewicz had left the old cement plant at 7:52 (time he 1st radioed dispatch) he had time to be present for role call.

Goggle Map: Distance from where Lt. Gliniewicz's Patrol car was found on Honing Rd to Fox Lake Police Station Via Fastest Route: 1.8 miles
Travel Time: 5 minutes

The role call issue's irrelevant: If Lt. Gliniewicz had left the old cement plant at 7:52 (time he 1st radioed dispatch) he had time to be present for role call.

Goggle Map: Distance from where Lt. Gliniewicz's Patrol car was found on Honing Rd to Fox Lake Police Station Via Fastest Route: 1.8 miles
Travel Time: 5 minutes

Roll call starts the shift for the most part and not a 20 minute walk in a area that you plan on patrolling once you start your shift. Just saying.

She's a victim here and I'm not gonna pick her words apart. Maybe she could've said it better but I'm giving her some slack.

THANK YOU! I really don't think we need to start throwing shade at the widow now too. JMO

True.

I estimate about 1300-1400 feet.

True.

Only, he (the LT) didn't initiate the backup. The dispatcher did and the Lt was even hesitant for dispatch to send them.

If your theory was correct and according to the time line of the radio traffic, the LT was in his car, when the trio came into site walking towards him. And, according to the aerial maps, they would have been about 1300 to 1400 feet apart (min.) That's quite a distance for them to be apart on foot.

When I listen to what the LT said on the radio, there was three minutes between the time that the LT said he was going to be out of his vehicle and his next transmission that said they were going into the woods.

No sound of the LT running towards them to close that distance. Just a casual subdued tone with no urgency to send backup.

Aligning all this with your theory. . . What do you propose the suspects and the LT were actually doing for those three minutes?

Chuz- Thank You for reaching back to my question from the previous thread,I'm trying to piece a few different things together.

Field Of View/Line Of Sight: I want to drill deeper into your evaluation of field of view/line of sight. Utilizing Google Street View looking Eastward from the location of Lt.Gliniewicz's patrol car down Honing it appears that with the trees closely lining both sides of the road neither the Lt. or the trio would see each other until the three had almost completely rounded the sharp curve.

I agree.

Using Steelman's location map and keeping in mind that the corner of the box that indicates where Lt.Joe's body was found is known to be about 500 feet away from his car,I estimate that they would only been approximately 600 feet (2 Football Fields) apart before seeing each other.

You are correct. I mistakenly took the 500 feet to be about 500 yards from my own version of the map. In fact, the other thread closed as I was could post my first reply to you and I tried to mention the length of about two football fields. (Must be where I got confused with the 'yards')

Lt. Gliniewicz - Radioed in saying he was going to be out at the old cement plant checking the 2MW,1 MB trio he described,but we don't really know when he stepped out of his patrol car.

True.

However, we do know that he said that he was "going to be out" at 7:55 am. and we know that his last transmission was at approx. 7:57 am. We also know that his body was found at 8:09 - shot once in each of two different locations about 100 feet apart. His last radio transmission was only 3 minutes or from his first. . .

So, with all that, how much time are you thinking he could have possibly remained in his car?

How do we know that he stepped out of his car immediately?

We don't.

But, what we do know is that there were a lot of things that took place between the time that he said that he was "going to be out" and the time that he stopped responding and his body was found that could not have taken place if he spent any more time in his car than a moment after he said he was "going to be out."

Why wouldn't he observe them from his patrol car for almost 3 minutes?

If he did that - then by the time everything else was set in motion (namely the two shots) - arriving backup officers would have heard them. Remember, the first backup was on the scene only five minutes or so after the LT's FIRST radio transmission.

The trio's limited options were to continue walking towards him, stand around nonchalantly as if they had nothing to hide or take off towards the swamp. Of course they could have run immediately (I'll discuss why they didn't later)

Do you have any idea why they would run into a swamp instead of back in the direction from where they just came from?

It's possible that the 3 didn't flee until Lt.Gliniewicz exited his patrol car,followed by the LT's "They took off towards the swamp" radio transmission.

I'm sorry, but I can't see how the Lt staying in his car for those 3 minutes between those two radio transmissions would not leave enough time for him to cover all the ground and get shot twice before arriving backups are close enough to hear it - let alone to see any fleeing suspects.

Whatever caused Lt.CG's death be it murder or suicide, there's been nothing reported that points to him being involved in something shady. Mrs.G is a victim, and I don't think it's right to tear her apart. This tragedy must be hell for the G family, and will always be tragic for them no matter what the MOD turns out to be.

Roll call starts the shift for the most part and not a 20 minute walk in a area that you plan on patrolling once you start your shift. Just saying.

Gliniewicz was on his way to work Tuesday morning, in the cruiser that he had taken home the day before, when he saw three suspicious people, Filenko said earlier this week.

This would not have been unusual as Gliniewicz was the type of officer who considered himself on duty as soon as he rolled into town, Filenko said.

http://fox2now.com/2015/09/04/fox-lake-officers-killing-police-check-possibly-significant-video/

Gliniewicz was on his way to work Tuesday morning, in the cruiser that he had taken home the day before, when he saw three suspicious people, Filenko said earlier this week.

This would not have been unusual as Gliniewicz was the type of officer who considered himself on duty as soon as he rolled into town, Filenko said.

http://fox2now.com/2015/09/04/fox-lake-officers-killing-police-check-possibly-significant-video/

He was there for 20 minutes prior to the first call. He didn't see them supposedly 20 minutes prior to the first call.

Plus they have been cleared. So why was he there when he was due to start work. If the area was so bad. Has one crackhead or prostitute or homeless witness been seen by any of the backups while they was approaching the scene.

Only we know now from the GPS that the LT didn't actually see the trio when he was "on his way to work."

Right?

I doubt he monitored them for 20 minutes before calling but gave nil description the whole time. If we compare his other call ins about other suspects that seemed fishy prior to that day; I'm sure we would see that he would have given a more detailed description. Especially on the first call. He knows backup needs to know clothing, approximate age, hairstyles or something.

So he obviously was not scoping them out 20 minutes prior while supposedly heading to work. Jmo.

Another thing. For his own sake. I rather think suicide than homicide. Because atleast he would have chosen it and not have been snuffed out. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli