IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

You are correct. I mistakenly took the 500 feet to be about 500 yards from my own version of the map. In fact, the other thread closed as I was could post my first reply to you and I tried to mention the length of about two football fields. (Must be where I got confused with the 'yards')

True.

However, we do know that he said that he was "going to be out" at 7:55 am. and we know that his last transmission was at approx. 7:57 am. We also know that his body was found at 8:09 - shot once in each of two different locations about 100 feet apart. His last radio transmission was only 3 minutes or from his first. . .

So, with all that, how much time are you thinking he could have possibly remained in his car?

We don't.

But, what we do know is that there were a lot of things that took place between the time that he said that he was "going to be out" and the time that he stopped responding and his body was found that could not have taken place if he spent any more time in his car than a moment after he said he was "going to be out."

If he did that - then by the time everything else was set in motion (namely the two shots) - arriving backup officers would have heard them. Remember, the first backup was on the scene only five minutes or so after the LT's FIRST radio transmission.

Do you have any idea why they would run into a swamp instead of back in the direction from where they just came from?

I'm sorry, but I can't see how the Lt staying in his car for those 3 minutes between those two radio transmissions would not leave enough time for him to cover all the ground and get shot twice before arriving backups are close enough to hear it - let alone to see any fleeing suspects.

Sorry for all my typos in this post.

It seems I'm always in a hurry.

It does not seem to me, that there was any issue, with how the Lt. was running the Explorers. I know there was previous speculation that he was inept, negligent or even fraudulent in some way and was about to be forcibly removed from his position. But the recent article about the continuation of the program casts doubt on that speculation, imo.

So if that was not the source or the trigger for the possible sudden suicide, what was ?

It does not seem to me, that there was any issue, with how the Lt. was running the Explorers. I know there was previous speculation that he was inept, negligent or even fraudulent in some way and was about to be forcibly removed from his position. But the recent article about the continuation of the program casts doubt on that speculation, imo.

So if that was not the source or the trigger for the possible sudden suicide, what was ?

Well, that's a good question. Not likely to be answered in MSM. I try to read any comments that I can find, and consider them, even though,they are not proof. The overwhelming consensus has been that this is a suicide, and that the task force has not been forthcoming with what they know. I am in agreement with that sentiment. JMO

Then why the big review?

911 calls are not traced by gps though.

They are traced by an address database provided by the phone company.

Then how do they find phones that are not at the addy? They have gps or what ever. jmo idk

example below from 6 years ago.

Oct. 22, 2009: FBI is called in to help with search for Elizabeth Olten. Volunteers concentrate on location of cell phone's last signal, in the woods behind Olten's home.

http://www.ibtimes.com/elizabeth-olten-timeline-retracing-alyssa-bustamante-murder-case-407826

Well, that's a good question. Not likely to be answered in MSM. I try to read any comments that I can find, and consider them, even though,they are not proof. The overwhelming consensus has been that this is a suicide, and that the task force has not been forthcoming with what they know. I am in agreement with that sentiment. JMO

bbm what overwhelming consensus? Here?

Then why the big review?

Because they lost their leader, fell below the necessary number of Admins, and they needed to take an assessment and decide what to do next. And after doing so they came to decision to continue the program, enthusiastically. And gave praise and high marks to the former leader of the program.

I think the longer they keep information to themselves the more people will think it was a suicide. If he did kill himself there might not have been a specific trigger and it was a cumulation of many things, or if there were something specific. Either way we might never find out. People have their own reasons. It might not have been related to what was happening with his job at all and was something personal. If that's the case we'll really never know what it was.

The public's overwhelming consensus? The department's? Or the one at WS?

Then how do they find phones that are not at the addy? They have gps or what ever. jmo idk

example below from 6 years ago.

Oct. 22, 2009: FBI is called in to help with search for Elizabeth Olten. Volunteers concentrate on location of cell phone's last signal, in the woods behind Olten's home.

http://www.ibtimes.com/elizabeth-olten-timeline-retracing-alyssa-bustamante-murder-case-407826

We discussed the ability to triangulate and ping cell phones on an earlier thread.

"While wireless phones can be an important public safety tool, they also create unique challenges for emergency response personnel and wireless service providers. Since wireless phones are mobile, they are not associated with one fixed location or address. While the location of the cell site closest to the 911 caller may provide a general indication of the caller's location, that information is not always specific enough for rescue personnel to deliver assistance to the caller quickly."

Please read this site for more info:
https://www.fcc.gov/guides/wireless-911-services

I hadn't heard before that Joe texted him the night before at 9 and that the mayor didn't answer him back.
Hm.... what was Joe texting him about? What did the text say? Did the mayor throw that out there because he knew the text would come out eventually in an investigation?

"Joe, Let me use your gun." "Negative" Strange. I think the Mayor is just strange.
I wonder if he was saying that to say that no one would have gotten Joe's gun away from him because Joe was so protective of it.
He shared those same three Joe witicisms at the memorial from the stage. I've also heard a couple of the same things mentioned by someone else from the community. I think they are part of what defined Joe and his humor. I don't read anything specifically into the gun comment.

I think cady means everywhere. Comments here, on FB, on MSM sites, etc. Not proof - just comments and opinions.

I don't see it everywhere so I have to ask where? I read all sort of news from all over this big wide world and I am not seeing an overwhelming consensus, so just cause it's said doesn't mean it's true. jmo idk

Certainly NOT worth quibbling about. Moving right along........JMO

We discussed the ability to triangulate and ping cell phones on an earlier thread.

"While wireless phones can be an important public safety tool, they also create unique challenges for emergency response personnel and wireless service providers. Since wireless phones are mobile, they are not associated with one fixed location or address. While the location of the cell site closest to the 911 caller may provide a general indication of the caller's location, that information is not always specific enough for rescue personnel to deliver assistance to the caller quickly."

Please read this site for more info:
https://www.fcc.gov/guides/wireless-911-services

Oh I know a bit about them, like they can be turned on to listen what is being said without the owners knowledge as well while the phone is just sitting there. But I just don't know how accurate they are as far as GPS location.

I don't see it everywhere so I have to ask where? I read all sort of news from all over this big wide world and I am not seeing an overwhelming consensus, so just cause it's said doesn't mean it's true. jmo idk

Just because you don't see it also does not make it untrue.

Oh I know a bit about them, like they can be turned on to listen what is being said without the owners knowledge as well while the phone is just sitting there. But I just don't know how accurate they are as far as GPS location.

It depends what you mean by GPS location?
Are you talking about pinging the phone?
Are you talking about triangulation?
Or are you talking about accessing a specific app on the phone that provides up the second GPS information?
Those are all totally different things and provide different accuracy.

Also different models of phones provide different accuracy.

So the question is rather broad. I already said GPS depending on the tech can be to the spot or might be 10 feet away.
Triangulation can be square miles.
Pinging can also be square miles.

From numerous tests the typical GPS receiver will achieve an accuracy of 1-5 meters. Unfortunately assisted-GPS accuracies have not been studied nearly as thoroughly as typical GPS receivers. The best studies to date are those by Dr. Paul Zandbergen at the University of New Mexico. In 2009 he published findings showing that an iPhone 3 had an average accuracy of 8 meters. In that study the error never exceeded 30 meters. Below are the results of his 2009 study including all three locational systems.

3G iPhone w/ A-GPS ~ 8 meters
3G iPhone w/ wifi ~ 74 meters
3G iPhone w/ Cellular positioning ~ 600 meters

If getting within 5-8 meters meets your data requirements smart phones and tablets are a great way to go. If you need greater accuracy you can combine an external Bluetooth GPS receiver with your device and get that accuracy down to the 2-3 meter range. If you require more accuracy than that you will need to invest in a mapping grade GPS receiver.

http://communityhealthmaps.nlm.nih.gov/2014/07/07/how-accurate-is-the-gps-on-my-smart-phone-part-2/

Just because you don't see it also does not make it untrue.

IMO the same can be said in regards to the evidence the Task Force has said points to a homicide. Just because they haven't released the specifics, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli