IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something interesting I just found. 17 year old Devin Arbay is the Captain for the Explorers Post 300.

Arbay spoke to Gliniewicz on the phone Monday night about inventory for the program, not knowing it would be their last conversation.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/926194/slain-fox-lake-lieutenant-showed-blue-line-really-was

So what exactly would Joe be discussing the inventory with a high schooler the night before? This was after the meeting with the mayor as well and now we know Joe also texted the mayor that night.

If I correct at 39 seconds, yeah I heard it. jmo idk

The first time I saw him and heard him I was not comfortable.

Any body language experts here? The Mayor seemed nervous in this clip. His eyes kept shifting back and forth.

From article: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20150901/news/150909914/
it seems we have some really neat ties to Roselle. The very same PD that the PI was Dep Chief of.

"Roselle police Sgt. John Lawson, who started his law enforcement career in the Fox Lake department about three months ahead of Gliniewicz, said the two had remained in contact throughout the past three decades."

"Along with two other Roselle officers, Lawson two weeks ago attended the Police Explorers' state conference run by Gliniewicz, who was an adviser to Fox Lake Explorer Post 300.

Lawson said Gliniewicz and his wife, Mel, made Fox Lake's Police Explorers unit nationally known, and his old friend helped Roselle set up its post in 2010."

More regarding Roselle at link above.

Something interesting I just found. 17 year old Devin Arbay is the Captain for the Explorers Post 300.

Arbay spoke to Gliniewicz on the phone Monday night about inventory for the program, not knowing it would be their last conversation.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/926194/slain-fox-lake-lieutenant-showed-blue-line-really-was

So what exactly would Joe be discussing the inventory with a high schooler the night before? This was after the meeting with the mayor as well and now we know Joe also texted the mayor that night.

Thinking...

Something specific was missing that would get someone in trouble or was in some way a very big deal. He might think the kid had it or knew who did.

There hadn't been an official inventory done when there should have been or they needed to do one soon and he wanted the kid to help with it.

It doesn't make a saint out of Joe. But do we know he wasn't one? The many kids he mentored think he was. His fellow officers seemed to respect him highly. The locals had nothing but great things to say about him. His family adored him. Why are we assuming he was a crook and a shady character?

Perhaps he was one -- but we do not know him. The things people say after someone dies are generally positive. Those who are likely to be critical will typically hold their tongues, or just repeat the platitudes. Sure, many people spoke of them highly, but we don't know everyone's opinion. We don't know what the majority of the Explorers or his co-workers thought of him, by any stretch. So all we can say, in truth, is that 'some of the kids he mentored' and 'some of his fellow officers' spoke highly of him after he died.

This is not to say that he wasn't a great guy, etc., but let's try to have some objectivity about on what we have to base our opinions -- a selective sample of comments made at a time when saying anything critical is seen as very bad form.

Thinking...

Something specific was missing that would get someone in trouble or was in some way a very big deal. He might think the kid had it or knew who did.

There hadn't been an official inventory done when there should have been or they needed to do one soon and he wanted the kid to help with it.

What stood out to me was this is a quote from the day he died. So the inventory question was being discussed at that time in connection to Joe but none of us picked up on it that I recall. And no MSM seems to have realized the significance of that quote.

Which ties nicely into the most recent developments.

Perhaps he was one -- but we do not know him. The things people say after someone dies are generally positive. Those who are likely to be critical will typically hold their tongues, or just repeat the platitudes. Sure, many people spoke of them highly, but we don't know everyone's opinion. We don't know what the majority of the Explorers or his co-workers thought of him, by any stretch. So all we can say, in truth, is that 'some of the kids he mentored' and 'some of his fellow officers' spoke highly of him after he died.

This is not to say that he wasn't a great guy, etc., but let's try to have some objectivity about on what we have to base our opinions -- a selective sample of comments made at a time when saying anything critical is seen as very bad form.

By all means. Let's try and have some objectivity about what we base out opinions on. I am all for that in this case.

OT........a friend, a long time ago truly tried to end her life and failed, but was in a coma for 3 days and when she woke, her mother was standing over her hospital bed and shrieked "don't you know that's AGAINST THE LAW ?" JMO

And PS:
I'm sorry your friend had to deal with that. At such a low point when she was in pain and vulnerable the last thing she needed was anger and judgment. I hope she's okay.

What stood out to me was this is a quote from the day he died. So the inventory question was being discussed at that time in connection to Joe but none of us picked up on it that I recall. And no MSM seems to have realized the significance of that quote.

The E program is up and running again. Have their been any comments or statements made saying they were missing anything in the inventory? Any indication that things were not right?

The E program is up and running again. Have their been any comments or statements made saying they were missing anything in the inventory? Any indication that things were not right?

Yes. The quote about reviewing its status, structure and goals. Has that review been completed?

Yes. The quote about reviewing its status, structure and goals. Has that review been completed?

No, it is still ongoing.

Fox Lake village spokesman Dave Bayless said the post remains active but has been secured as part of the village's ongoing review of police assets, equipment and vehicles.

Saying they were looking at the 'structure and goals' does not imply any wrongdoing on the Lt's part, in my opinion. That is just what one does automatically when taking over a program where the long time leader dies suddenly.

As to the 'status'===if there was any thing major that was amiss, then I doubt they would have had that meeting publicly declaring they were back on. They gave glowing remarks to the past leader and said they were excited to continue on with his wonderful program. It does not sound like they found any evidence of theft or graft, imo.

It doesn't make a saint out of Joe. But do we know he wasn't one? The many kids he mentored think he was. His fellow officers seemed to respect him highly. The locals had nothing but great things to say about him. His family adored him. Why are we assuming he was a crook and a shady character?

Its not assumption its speculation. Something is strange about this whole story. In my opinion, no one is a saint. Not even my best friend who I have accused of being one....I don't doubt that what all the nice things people are saying are their true feelings about him. I can see that he was a mission-oriented military man and police officer. But something was amiss. I want to know what and why. JMO

No, it is still ongoing.

Fox Lake village spokesman Dave Bayless said the post remains active but has been secured as part of the village's ongoing review of police assets, equipment and vehicles.

From my experience, every time a chief officer or a CEO leaves his post and is replaced, there is AUTOMATICALLY a total inventory taken at that time. I don't think it is all that unusual.

objective opinion - isn't that an oxymoron?

Sure is. But I never said that. On that point, we should realize that eulogies are about as far as one can get from objective statements, and so I do not think that they are a sound basis for evaluating someone.

Re: Montjoy's post was objectivity regarding that which you choose to then base your opinion on.

And I chose to base my opinion on EVERYTHING I heard said about him by the public that he served, the teens he mentored and the family he left behind. I have seen no comments on msm saying that he was a shady jerk or that he was a phony. Everyone spoke of his down to earth attitude and his wild sense of humor and his dedication to others. JMO

Oh,oh,.......confused, here. He spoke to the kid the night before he died, after he had spoken to the mayor. He texted the mayor the night before he died but the mayor did not text back. After the school was locked down, the kid texted Joe.......but Joe was dead. Is this correct? JMO

We are going on now at the very least 45 days of reviewing the inventory of the Explorers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha