IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I wonder did they (LE) have Joe's phone looked at, as in who he talked/text'd/emailed over his phone with?

I seem to remember hearing that the first shot to LTs vest also did some damage to his cell phone. Does anyone else remember that?

I seem to remember hearing that the first shot to LTs vest also did some damage to his cell phone. Does anyone else remember that?

I remember reading that too. But I don't know if it was a credible source or a 'sources say' type of thing.

Also, sources told FOX 32 that Gliniewicz was also shot in the vest, the bullet hitting his cell phone which was clipped on the vest, and that the shell casing was found a considerable distance away from where his body and the second shell casing was discovered.

bbm

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/18717002-story

I hate to rely upon 'sources say' as a credible source.

I remember reading that too. But I don't know if it was a credible source or a 'sources say' type of thing.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/18717002-story

"Also, sources told FOX 32 that Gliniewicz was also shot in the vest, the bullet hitting his cell phone which was clipped on the vest, and that the shell casing was found a considerable distance away from where his body and the second shell casing was discovered."

Considering how crap the sources have been, I have no idea if this is worth believing or not.

Either we all have terrific memories, or a few of us have learned Google magic.

Either we all have terrific memories, or a few of us have learned Google magic.

The googlefu is strong with this one.

Considering joe clipped his phone to his left side and Filenko described the vest shot to the right side I have no idea what to make of anything because I also don't trust much of what Filenko mutters.

Ok I found this and it probably doesn't make a difference one way or another but in case the question comes up here BBM...

“It’s almost the type of area where you would have to be familiar with it to even find it,” Filenko said. “So that’s what tends to make us think it’s local individuals.”

Gliniewicz had not made any recent arrests in the vicinity, Filenko said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/0...nvestigation-lt-charles-joe-gliniewicz-death/

Chuz,To provide context I've taken the liberty of answering within your responses from late last night.Your words have been bolded by me,all my words are underlined by me.

However, we do know that he said that he was "going to be out" at 7:55 am. and we know that his last transmission was at approx. 7:57 am. We also know that his body was found at 8:09 - shot once in each of two different locations about 100 feet apart. His last radio transmission was only 3 minutes or from his first. . .

night train:
Our times vary a bit from my understanding of times per the scanner thread:LT.G said he was going to be out at- 7:52:00
LT.G last transmission at- 7:56:22
= His last radio transmission was 4 minutes and 22 seconds from the first
Back up arrived at-8:00:16
Note:The 100 feet apart shot location measurement is still based on unidentified source

So, with all that, how much time are you thinking he could have possibly remained in his car?

night train:
3:30 minutes

= exited patrol car at- 7:55:30 walked a few feet towards 2 MW/1 MB trio

radio transmission that they took off towards the swamp at- 7:55:42

But, what we do know is that there were a lot of things that took place between the time that he said that he was "going to be out" and the time that he stopped responding and his body was found that could not have taken place if he spent any more time in his car than a moment after he said he was "going to be out."

night train:
7:55:42 = took off towards the swamp transmission
7:56:22 = plant's off Rollings (final transmission)
8:00:16= backup arrives

From Lt.Gliniewicz's last radio transmission at- 7:56:22 until arrival of backup at- 8:00:16 = APPROXIMATELY 4 MINUTES

Before backup arrived----There would have been a 3 minute and 54 seconds ( call it a 4 minute ) window available for Lt.Gliniewicz to have run approximately 180 yards confront the 3 perps,be over come/lose gun,sustain 2 gunshots and for perps to flee.

A world class sprinter can cover 200 yards in about 22 seconds-Lt.Gliniewicz should have easily been able run what would have been under 200 yards in less than a minute

Plenty of time even if the shot are found to have occurred 100 feet apart.

If he did that - then by the time everything else was set in motion (namely the two shots) - arriving backup officers would have heard them. Remember, the first backup was on the scene only five minutes or so after the LT's FIRST radio transmission.

night train:
Lt.GliniewicZ's first radio transmission at 7:52:00
Backup arrival at 8:00:16

That's 8 minutes and 16 seconds after the LT's First radio transmission

Do you have any idea why they would run into a swamp instead of back in the direction from where they just came from?

night train:
Yes,priority #1 is you want to exfiltrate through cover of trees etc,etc.Trees/cover is a great equalizer.If they had ran back in the direction they came from they would have been 100% visible with a cop in pursuit.

Priority #2 they may have had a vehicle they could access by heading that direction.They would have been able to reach a vechicle before the perimeter was anywhere close to being established.

I'm sorry, but I can't see how the Lt staying in his car for those 3 minutes between those two radio transmissions would not leave enough time for him to cover all the ground and get shot twice before arriving backups are close enough to hear it - let alone to see any fleeing suspects.

night train:
I think it was possible Chuz,sorry for my slow response,my playtime for this is sometimes limited.Whether my scenario proves to be right or wrong,For now,with the information that's available,think it's worth throwing into the hat.

night train----edit by me)
CONCLUSION: 8 minutes and 16 seconds available from Lt.G's first radio transmission until backup arrived///////4 minutes were available after Lt.Joe's final radio transmission and arrival of backup

After the LT's final radio transmission-There would have been a 3 minute and 54 seconds ( call it a 4 minute ) window available for Lt.Gliniewicz to have run approximately 180 yards confront the 3 perps,be over come/lose gun,sustain 2 gunshots and for perps to flee.

Very thoughtful and well spelled out post, Night train.

I would be curious to your thoughts about the one unit that showed up out of nowhere at
7:57:12 which is 50 seconds after the LT. last radio call (plants off rollins) He states he is at Rollins and the Plant. What do you make of this?

If this was a homicide and set up then it's possible the first shot was intended to destroy the phone and not necessarily a miss.

Very thoughtful and well spelled out post, Night train.

I would be curious to your thoughts about the one unit that showed up out of nowhere at
7:57:12 which is 50 seconds after the LT. last radio call (plants off rollins) He states he is at Rollins and the Plant. What do you make of this?

Thanks Walker,
I'm sorry,I haven't explored any part of that yet,I don't have anything substantial to offer.I'd be interested in knowing what action that unit took next.Drive around to Honing? Park off Rollins,cross RR tracks on foot and transverse the cement plant's open area?

If this was a homicide and set up then it's possible the first shot was intended to destroy the phone and not necessarily a miss.

I seriously doubt anyone intent on harming Joe or getting away from him is going to take aim at his phone. Even if they were that good an aim....

I seriously doubt anyone intent on harming Joe or getting away from him is going to take aim at his phone. Even if they were that good an aim....

...and while using his gun, after, presumably, a struggle.

I would just like to know if what Filenko says is valid, that Joe was out there walking for 20 minutes. Could he have gone around in a different direction? Did he spot something earlier from Rollins? Or was he sent out there with a preconceived notion? Could he have parked his car, walked back through the side by precision and come out onto what looks like a gravel style road, depending on what map you are looking at.

(it still bothers me that when he radioed in his location he said "Off the gravel rd that runs between the cement plant and honing rd"

Where the trio took off down Honing into the swamp? I know it discounts, his by the equipment south of Honing statement but was that perhaps closer to where he parked? Just talking outloud here, not married to this theory by any stretch, looking for feedback. Anyone know how far down is that equipment?

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 2.27.15 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-13 at 2.37.39 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-13 at 1.24.54 PM.jpg

Thanks Walker,
I'm sorry,I haven't explored any part of that yet,I don't have anything substantial to offer.I'd be interested in knowing what action that unit took next.Drive around to Honing? Park off Rollins,cross RR tracks on foot and transverse the cement plant's open area?

A mystery indeed. We don't hear much from that unit. He just showed up out of the clear blue sky. He never 10-4'ed back in to dispatch either. He later came in and said about units being on Honing, but we already knew at this point two other units had arrived at Honing. But no clue where this unit parked.

So... I wonder did they (LE) have Joe's phone looked at, as in who he talked/text'd/emailed over his phone with?

If I remember correctly, the first shot reportedly hit his cellphone when it struck his vest. I imagine they can still trace much info on calls & texts even if the phone was damaged. Maybe a reporter can ask at the next press conference. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220