IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone relaying the info. I can't listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am feeling the same way I did the day I found out that Santa wasn't real.

For someone with so much experience in crime scene investigations and police work in general, he did a lousy job imo. Many here on WS could have covered their tracks better. I also think it is obvious he must have been trying to get the extra benefits for his family, otherwise he could have just had an accident one day doing most anything and not risk what is happening now.

Q Was he happily married

A - looong silence and heavy sigh .. then he said I'll leave that question to the widow for that answer.

When I first saw LT's photos, I felt, on a gut level, that he was a preening, self-centered, shallow kind of person. OK, I said it. Deep down I thought suicide. I didn't watch the funeral because I felt very uncomfortable about this even then. I'm sure many here also felt the same way, but did not say so. I wanted to be open to all ideas. Well, he had his 15 minutes of fame, and then some. Who else is involved? I guess we can't even imagine.

She made a statement thanking everyone ..and now moving forward..no questions and presser is over

Media talking now with more info as they have text messages ..( they did not release who the two people are in those text messages)

He said in a text said ... wanted to frame her ( county administrator) with a DUI or something else so she would not investigate

Watching video for first time now. I was up late and sleep'd in. So far, from the comments here, it looks like I might have been on the right track about his benefits. We will see.

I also saved some comments from another forum that accused LT of having been at Johnny's Chophouse with "a brunette" the night before he killed himself. He was also accused of having a membership to a gay men's bath house in Chicago. That's why when the word Mister-essy came up, the first thing I thought was MISTER. Who knows. Maybe these details will never be made public, even if they are true. I'm just angry that fooled so many people, used so many people and set himself up as some kind of hero (even when he was alive). His Facebook was full of selfies of all his muscles, tattoos, athletic exploits. His wife is seen in sloppy, dirty clothes at times, as if she'd lost all her self esteem. Who could compete with a little god like him? I am so angry. Once again for the sake of all the people of good faith who believed in him. What a !

Oh man. That's all i got. For now as I let this marinate!!!!!

I am feeling the same way I did the day I found out that Santa wasn't real.

Yeah. I didn't talk to my parents for a week. They lied to me and always taught me never to lie. I was devastated. This is devastating and such a disrespect to the Uniform, Community and Family.

Q Was he happily married

A - looong silence and heavy sigh .. then he said I'll leave that question to the widow for that answer.

This simple reply is telling, IMO.

What a difficult and despairing situation this has been to so many individuals. JMO

Just got back home, I missed the presser where the Chief and the Mayor present for this?

One lady in Media is yelling angry !!! ....For 2 months you told us this was a homicide and you knew that it was not, how could you do that to people who are contributing monies excetera excetera"

Thanks for posting this, I almost forgot about her. She certainly sounded like she hadn’t done any research into how investigations work. She really sounded clueless to even the basics.

This story was updated 2 minutes ago

http://abc7chicago.com/news/source-investigators-to-announce-gliniewicz-death-believed-to-be-suicide/1067457/

"Text messages showed that Gliniewicz was feeling stress from scrutiny of the funds under new management, Filenko said. One text message read, "If she gets ahold of the old checking account, im pretty well *advertiser censored**ed," according to a release from officials."

Now the meeting with the mayor the day before, (about the concern for the program) lasting an hour and half makes better sense. I do wonder what was said then that the mayor may have been privy too that he let joe know about. I mean it was the mayor that said joe was a cops cop. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member