IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First public appearance and statement by family, early September.

“Joe was my best friend and my world - - my hero. The love of my life for the last twenty six years. He was my rock as much as I was his rock. Every night, he came home - - to me. He was the most loving and caring father to our boys. My world got a little bit smaller with his passing and he will be truly missed by all of us. Thank you everybody.”

Melodie Resetar Gliniewicz

Transcribed from video

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Vigil-Scheduled-to-Honor-Slain-Fox-Lake-Officer-323889881.html

I agree with the other people who posted today regarding their views on the widow's statement. I have had this more or less ready to post for weeks now, because it was the first indication I had that all was not well in GI Joe’s world. I felt that I would be told to go back under my rock if I expressed my true opinion of this at the time. Just as others were told regarding their early feelings that this was suicide.

Filenko’s avoidance today of answering almost all questions regarding the widow, other than to say she has cooperated with the investigation, lead me to believe at least some of my initial feelings will turn out to be true.

I haven't followed this case until I saw it yesterday... so catching up. There was an article in the Daily Best (is that msm and can I post link?) that gave me background on how this started...

I'll try to paraphrase in case not ok to quote.... Gliniewicz was called in by the lady that spoke today.. Marrin... to assist in a “clean slate review” of the police department after the former chief resigned (after allegations a drunk had been roughed up in the jail)

I have followed this case a bit and not as closely as others. I just viewed the video upthread atl posted. IMO the wife is excusing and justifying. That's just me and MOO

If anyone sees that the media packet is posted online, will you please post the link? Anne Marrin's comments were quite telling, to me. Whoever the two individuals are, who aided and abetted in his criminal activity, hopefully will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Ongoing activity for SEVEN years....wow. JMO

Yes! One of two things that I wanted to post once I finished catching up on the thread was wanting to see the full media packet. I will wait to post the other comment until I finish catching up.

Off to another thread. Another stabbing I believe a school. For those inclined. Not sure. I'm trying to do a Wedding list with my Son (his wedding) and it's not going well sigh.....

Filenko also said today that in an investigation at first "we don't jump to conclusions"...but the first or second day of this event, HE HIMSELF said I have a murdered colleague...a police officer...., I get that that is what he may have thought, initially, but it was an inappropriate statement coming from the Commanding Officer of the Major Crimes Task Force, JMO

Can someone explain how money laundering could apply here? To me, that's different from embezzlement. I think we all have an idea of who was stealing money with him. But the money laundering could include a pretty high ranking official or fellow officer.

Media talking now with more info as they have text messages ..( they did not release who the two people are in those text messages)

He said in a text said ... wanted to frame her ( county administrator) with a DUI or something else so she would not investigate

Wow on the breaking news. A lot of us here had pinpointed the suicide but of course could not be certain till now.

And this is the type of thing that he said in the text how things snowball and multiple people get dragged into corruption.

I wonder how deep this is going to go and I sure hope some honest LE arrest and charge all involved. The spouse alone would have had to know about extra funds coming into their lives.
She should be forced to repay monies if she knew and helped spend.

I have to guess at this point that someone else he worked with was also involved. If he acted alone I would be surprised.

With all that said I wish he would have not killed himself. He should have just owned up to his crimes and face consequences.

Its sad about the death but I have no sympathy for those who embezzled taxpayer funds.
When our county assessors raise our tax rates this is the sort of reason why it happens.
These type of people take OUR money and affect US. We are the ones who pay.

Its just like whenever Sheriffs departments get sued by people for wrongful deaths or other situations. WE pay those penalties in real money from our pockets. Its our money they are risking when they commit crimes.

So many people don't realize there is a direct connection to OUR money.
A good example was a city that went bankrupt because of a huge lawsuit against their LE. The whole city went bankrupt.

ETA-There are many examples of towns and cities facing bankruptcy due to huge lawsuits against officials or LE. Link below is just 1 example.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20141016/PC16/141019471

Transcript of the photo above...for those that cannot view on phones etc....

03/27/15

Messages between Glinlewicz and an LFL Executive

JG: Betwen you and I, I'm having a great deal of problems with our new village administrator. I've had a talk with the chief and he agrees with me. Does the PD have to be the sponsor for the post? I've done some research and it not evident anywhere that a law enforcement organization has to sponsor an LE post. In fact I've seen 3 at competitions that were sponsored by other entities, and even a FD. Thoughts???"

LFL: "o you don't have to be chartered by the city. Is there a rotary or something out there that would be supportive"

JG: "Yes, I'm working that issue today and through the weekend.. We have a new village administrator that is a power monger and is tryig to control everything in the village. We are all looking at our pd retirement options and I need to move the post out of that span of control at least till this person's contract is up"

JG: " Thanks and what would you need since we are rechartering , just the organization and organization head info/signature? I'm keeping this under wraps for now, only you the chief, my wife and myself know this and I currently want to keep it that way until the final decision is made.

04/14/16

Messages between Gliniewicz and Individual #1

JG: "I talked to him again and now thinks this is a knee=jerk reaction, and that when we put in our 2 wks, or set a retirement date, then he will move it...

#1: "Omfg and in the ean tie she can do what she wants *advertiser censored*ing a

#1: "Maybe seeing as we are our on 503c she can't touch the money and maybe a letter on file from behan stating all is our and the pd and village have no claim.

3/27/15 – Messages between Gliniewicz and an LFL Executive

JG: “Between you and I, I’m having a great deal of problems with our new village administrator. I’ve had a talk with the chief and he agrees with me. Does the PD have to be the sponsor for the post? I’ve done some research and it’s not evident anywhere that a law enforcement organization has to sponsor an LE post. In fact I’ve seen 3 at competitions that were sponsored by other entities, and even a FD. Thoughts???”
LFL: “No you don’t have to be chartered by the city. Is there a rotary or something out there that would be supportive”
JG: “Yes, I’m working that issue today and through the weekend.. We have a new village administrator that is a power monger and is trying to control everything in the village. We are all looking at our pd retirement options and I need to move the post out of that span of control at least till this person’s contract is up.”
JG: “Thanks and what would you need since we are rechartering, just the organization and organization head info/signature? I’m keeping this under wraps for now, only you the chief, my wife and myself know this and I current want to keep it that way until the final decision is made”

4/14/15 – Messages between Gliniewicz and Individual #1

JG: “I talked to him again, and now thinks this is a knee-jerk reaction, and that when we put in our 2 wks, or set a retirement date, then he will move it…”
#1: “Omfg and in the mean tiem she can do what she wants *advertiser censored**ing a”
#1: “Maybe seeing as we are our on 503c she can’t touch the money and maybe a letter on file from behan stating all is our and the pd and village have no claim”
JG: “Nope, as long as we are sponsored by the pd, and after she makes the village structure change she will have the means and ability to do as she wishes”
#1: “Does he inderstand that then? And maybe we need to hide the funds some how”

05/13/15 – Messages between Gliniewicz and Individual #1

JG: “She hates me and I’ve never said more than 3 sentences to her in the year shes been here… hates the explorer program and is crawling up my *advertiser censored* and the program, chief wont sign off to move it to American legion and if she gets ahold of the checking account, im pretty well [expletive]”
#1: “Hopefully she decides to get a couple of drinks in her and she gets a dui”
JG: She does, but not around here and no one knows where. Trust me ive thoughit through MANY SCENARIOUS from planting things to volo bog!!!”

06/22/15 – Messages between Gliniewicz and Individual #1

JG: “Used the explorer acct for flight, $624.70. IT can wait for awhile, their acct is sitting at $3000’ish now”

06/25/25 – Messages between Gliniewicz and Individual #2

JG: “You are borrowing from that ‘other’ account, when you get back youll have to start dumping money into that account or you will be visiting me in JAIL!! The 1600 and the 77 all came from there…”
JG: “And FYI, all but 1500 of everything borrowed came from that ‘other’ acct, hence why I closed the us bank and opened bmo acct to keep it from being traced… Nad making p300 their own 501c3, no longer considered a village acct.”

06/26/15 – Messages between Gliniewicz and Individual #2

JG: I’m sticking my neck out there with loaning you over $2377.00 to fix your truck specifically and only to help accommodate your summer leave, trip to OK. I would not have otherwise. I can’t even pay for state now cause their account is down to %1578.72, and that’s 4 bodies and 2 advisors at $450 a piece!! Not to mention the $3,055.72 still left to pay for their uniforms… I will need you to do an allotment to their account, at min $100 a month VERY SOON!!
JG: “So if called on the carpet I can say, “we give our explorers and advisors loans from time to time if it is needed, and this is proof it is being paid back” you get whwre I’m coming from? This village administrator hates me and the explorer program. This situation right here would give her the means to CRUCIFY ME it it were discovered. Compound this with “if" I was selected for chief of antioch, i would be leaving here and would have to turn this account over to someone else…
JG: “the 1600 is undocumented, it was cash from boot camp, so there is no check trial to follow, only our sheet that indicates who attended and if they paid. So thus far there is only the check I wrote last night to you that says “loan” in the memo section. All the rest of your left over $$$ I moved to the old explorer credit card and have been making payments on that when I can. This was all to keep you informed of the gravity of the situation, and the necessity to show repayment.

08/31/15 at 9:14 AM – Message from Gliniewicz to Chief Behan

JG: “She has now demanded a complete inventory of exploder central and a financial report…FML

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ts-Extensive-Criminal-Activity-340194422.html

“Only you (LFL exec), the Chief, my wife, and myself know this.”

Hmmmm.

attachment.php

twitter . com/WBBMNewsradio/status/661964610338181120

That says a lot. I have an idea of who the other two involved individuals might be, but since that hasn't been made public yet, I'll refrain from naming names.

Google says legends Football League.. Or on urban dictionary Luller for life . :floorlaugh: :dunno:

I was stuck on Lingerie Football League for quite a few minutes. But the I found Learning for Life. Which is part of the Explorers

OK, now that I am caught up, the other thing I've been waiting to post is an inquiry to when and where Steelman's wedding to Madonna will be held. Those that have followed this thread from the beginning will understand. I do hope we are all invited. It's an event I wouldn't want to miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState