DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been posted yet

AP - The Latest: Official says disgraced cop tried to set up hit

From the link:

"An official says an Illinois police officer who killed himself tried to arrange for a gang member "to put a hit" on a village administrator because he feared she would discover he had been embezzling money.Lake County Sheriff's Office spokesman Christopher Covelli also said Thursday that investigators found packets of cocaine in Fox Lake Police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz's desk after his Sept. 1 death."

It does make me wonder what happened seven years ago to start all of this. That would mean for 23 years he was the officer everyone thought him to be. What changed? Did his son come to him wanting a loan around that time and he had no money of his own to lend him so he took money out of the explorer account and when he got away with that it continued to be a way to get extra funds when he wanted something or when his son needed a handout?

The police say the total amount is five figures over a seven year time period. I wonder what the total amount came out to be? Do the records show him putting any money back into the accounts over that same period? Imo, that is a small amount when spread over seven years.
RBBM

Welllllllll, I wouldn't go so far as to say he was Mr Good Guy for the prior 23 years..... I mean we DO have the sexual assault charges from way back when.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/...-faced-sexual-harassment-complaints-years-ago

Personally, I think he was a douchebag, and who knows what other stuff he had been involved in. Taking money from that organization is wrong, any way you slice it. It's not like the guy was taking a couple of boxes of paper clips from his office. I don't care if it was 50K over 50 years, it's wrong. Deceptive. Obviously people looked up to this man. He was trusted. He was a military man. A public servant. A protector. I'll bet the woman in the above article would beg to differ.

**this isn't an attack on you, OceanBlueEyes! I'm just so disgusted by the whole situation. The lying, the stealing, the threats, the plot that could have resulted in 3 innocent people going to jail.... on and on.

** not sure what happened to the font. I wasn't trying to be creative or anything. LOL

I believe there was a quote in one of the early articles where the reporter says, "I haven't found anyone who didn't love this guy!" and then the article goes on to praise him as a hero, loving husband, etc (sorry, no link at the moment).

How bizarre that this guy was able to fool so many people, if that is in fact true.

jmo

The AP story. Oh my!!!

“County Sheriff's Office spokesman Christopher Covelli also said Thursday that investigators found packets of cocaine in Fox Lake Police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz's desk after his Sept. 1 death.

Covelli says investigators recovered deleted text messages in which Gliniewicz mentioned the possibility of planting something on the administrator, Anne Marrin, although he says they don't know if that's why he had the cocaine.

Covelli says Gliniewicz sent the text about arranging the hit to a woman last April, asking for help arranging a meeting with a high-ranking gang member. He declined to give her name.”​

Glad to see humor has returned. Maybe off topic, but, gee, everyone needs a laugh afterall this ugly stuff has been revealed.

I'm out shopping right now for my dress to wear to the wedding! I will post it later when I get home. :D

So just to re-cap today's additional findings - he had drugs in his desk and he tried to put a hit out on the county administrator.

Can this get any worse? What else will we find out about this man, I wonder?

jmo

The AP story. Oh my!!!
“County Sheriff's Office spokesman Christopher Covelli also said Thursday that investigators found packets of cocaine in Fox Lake Police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz's desk after his Sept. 1 death.

Covelli says investigators recovered deleted text messages in which Gliniewicz mentioned the possibility of planting something on the administrator, Anne Marrin, although he says they don't know if that's why he had the cocaine.

Covelli says Gliniewicz sent the text about arranging the hit to a woman last April, asking for help arranging a meeting with a high-ranking gang member. He declined to give her name.”​

OMG! Now cocaine??? Geez. Where else will this go? This is seriously going to become a Lifetime Movie.

(I'll pop the popcorn. :giggle:)

We knew about the threats to Ms Marrin from Filenko's press conference and the press packet. What I didn't know was the exact nature of the threats and how serious they might have been and this AP article with the cocaine info helps to give a further glimpse. I really hope we learn everything we possibly can about the whole deal.

To think that some were wanting to initially blame Black Lives Matter, thoroughly disgusts me.

Does anyone else send fb messages to their spouse? I don't, and we never have because of texting and calls, but I was wondering if they used FB instead of texting in case they thought it wouldn't be traced like texts.

In this case the *advertiser censored* is just icing on the cake imo.
The accusation of sexual harassment in the workforce is most troubling.

About a decade ago there was a lawsuit or situation that led to the Mrs. answering the door to find a man serving a subpoena. Apparently the man was rude to her so she chased the guy out to his car which resulted in him hitting her or running over her foot with his car. :thinking: Her response was to sue the guy.
Lost in the story as I never could find the answer, is why was the guy serving a subpoena to the G residence in the first place?
Maybe it involved the sexual harassment case.

Does anybody know the details?

I believe it had something to do with a bank collecting on a bad debt.

Does anyone else send fb messages to their spouse? I don't, and we never have because of texting and calls, but I was wondering if they used FB instead of texting in case they thought it wouldn't be traced like texts.

Every now and then for a link or something so I can check it on the laptop instead of my phone. Other than that, no. I do have a friend who only messages her (soon to be ex) husband through Facebook because FB will let you know that it was read and what time.

So just to re-cap today's additional findings - he had drugs in his desk and he tried to put a hit out on the county administrator.

Can this get any worse? What else will we find out about this man, I wonder?

jmo
Tune back in several hours from now, as that is the speed at which it has been going from bad to worse since yesterdaY.

I believe it had something to do with a bank collecting on a bad debt.
A reputable Chicago investigative reporter tweeted last night that two large banks had sued them for failure to pay on credit cards at some point in the past. Would jive with this.

I don't see why he signed up for the chief position when that would cause more problems.

Btw. The guy killed himself for bs reasons. He wasn't even depressed. He was just too coniving all the way to the after life. WTH. You kill yourself to keep the ball rolling. Omg. This guy was not suicidal. He was just totally bonkers. Jmo

A reputable Chicago investigative reporter tweeted last night that two large banks had sued them for failure to pay on credit cards at some point in the past. Would jive with this.

Everyone owes credit card companies money. So unless they were 100k or more. Then that is no real biggie. Jmo.

But I understand your point. Jmo

I don't see why he signed up for the chief position when that would cause more problems.

Btw. The guy killed himself for bs reasons. He wasn't even depressed. He was just too coniving all the way to the after life. WTH. You kill yourself to keep the ball rolling. Omg. This guy was not suicidal. He was just totally bonkers. Jmo

ITA. And good point about the Chief position. I just think his ego was so huge that he thought he would get it and put everything else behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95