IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am more upset that he tried to frame innocent people with murder charges and he almost had other innocent people physically harmed.
If you can steal from children (especially children under your mentor-ship), then you are capable of most anything. I am so sorry that I drank the Kool-Aid. On the other hand, I'm glad that I believe and have faith, for I think there are more good than bad.

Just NOW reading this thread. Sorry I have nothing to add--- except HOLY COW!!

The fact that he erased and deleted all messaging is ridiculous. Esp. as a LEO he should KNOW no matter what you do, the police/FBI can still get the records! Duh!

This is the confounding part. I think most realize that computer and cellphone deletions are not really gone. He had to have known that. Also I'm amazed that he didn't tie balloons to his gun so that it would fly off to make suicide appear implausible. It was obvious enough to be stupid which makes me agree with those that said it was a quick and careless big eff you while getting his own bottom out of consequences. Which further proves what a coward and fake he really was. That's another reason I doubted. Who could be so stupid? Someone posted that ws's (non LE) could have pulled off a better staged crime. I have to agree. I do feel for his survivng children that may not have been complicit. What a jolt!
BTW, I think Steelman's post should be post of the day!!!

I was so wrong on this case too. I really thought it was going to be some complicated, convoluted case with his death being the result of an inside job/hit type of scenario. I just didn't want to believe someone would do this to his family, community, the explorer kids, etc. And now to learn he consulted with someone to do harm to Anne Marrin is so disturbing beyond words. In one of the articles someone linked about the wife and son being investigated, it mentioned the DOJ involvement. Does anyone know if they are part of the task force, or is there some separate investigation going on? Or they involved because the son is military?

What happened to the guy that demanded it be ruled suicide?
And how did he know?
I didn't follow this very closely so if it has been posted sorry.

Are you talking about this guy?

http://wqad.com/2015/09/16/former-chicago-police-officer-insists-suicide-not-homicide-killed-illinois-police-officer/ Updated at 06:56pm, September 16, 2015

"Joseph A. Battaglia, 54, failed to have his $100,000 bond reduced during his initial court appearance on two felony disorderly conduct counts stemming from threats to harm investigators unless Gliniewicz's death is declared a suicide. Jail records showed Battaglia was released later that day after he posted bond."

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Oak-Lawn-Man-Arrested-for-Threatening-Officials-in-Gliniewicz-Investigation-327204531.html

"Joseph A. Battaglia, 54, called the Lake County coroner's office at 2 p.m. on Friday from a blocked phone number and threatened to harm all members of the Task Force and all investigators involved in the death investigation unless they declared Gliniewicz's death a suicide, according to the Lake County sheriff's office....."

To answer... :dunno: ... and don't see by google anymore follow-ups either

A recap of bombshells .....

Gliniewicz: "She does, but not around here and no one knows where. Trust me ive thougit through MANY SCENARIOS from planting things to the volo bog!!!"

Is this standard operating procedure for you Joe, planting things in order to frame people ? I'd really rather not know........ The Volo bog is a swamp area where you could dispose of a body. I guess that would be second on the list if planting evidence didn't work out too well.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151104/news/151109469/

Gliniewicz: "So if called on the carpet i can say, "we give our explorers and advisors loans from time to time if it is needed, and this is proof it is being pad back" you get whwre I'm comong from? This village administrater hates me and the explorer program. This situation right here would give her the means to CRUCIFY ME it it were discovered. Compound this with "if" i was selected for chief of antioch, i would be leaving here and would have to turn this account over to someone else..."

Promotion to Police Chief of Antioch..... nothing wrong with furthering your career ambitions, I guess. One does have to wonder how much money he could skim with an entire police department at his disposal.

But ABC 7 Chicago reported late Wednesday that Gliniewicz's wife, Melodie, and son D.J. are under investigation in connection with the embezzlement of funds from the Fox Lake Police Explorer Program, citing anonymous sources.

I guess calling in the 3 suspicious males and staging a murder was an attempt to focus the investigation somewhere other than his surviving family. Well, that and and an attempt to make sure they got plenty of money from the police union. Was his wife supposed to take some of the insurance money and replenish the Explorer Post account after his death ?

The Gliniewicz family requests that their privacy be respected as they continue to cope with the loss of the beloved husband and father."
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151104/news/151109564/

Hmmm..........normally we would I guess, but not this time. I think all that privacy is what got you in trouble to start with.

"This is the first time in my career in law enforcement that I've felt ashamed by the acts of another police officer," Filenko said.
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151104/news/151109564/

Hmmmm...what about a bunch of these other dirty cops we've seen through the years, you okay with them ?

Filenko didn’t say how Rudd’s actions had done so at today’s press conference. As far as what will happen to the DNA samples “randomly” collected from hundreds of Fox Lake residents, or how many there even are, Filenko said, “I don’t know.”

I bet I know......they'll find their way into a database, rest assured. F the Constitution and the laws.

Did we call it early on or what.

Btw. It seems like he was stealing more than flashlights and pens from the Explorers Program. Just Wow. But still. Why kill yourself when you still had means to pay it back with no real jail time to be served. That was just crazy.

On April 14, around the time investigators say Gliniewicz began to stress out about the impending audit, his wife, apparently concerned about losing control of the Explorer bank account, said: “Maybe, seeing as we are on 503C [a reference to tax a designation assigned to charities] she can’t touch the money.”

http://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/7/71/1071605/officials-confirm-fox-lake-cop-killed

bbm Even knowing her husband is being audited she is trying to keep the account to draw from, good gawd. jmo

In one of the articles someone linked about the wife and son being investigated, it mentioned the DOJ involvement. Does anyone know if they are part of the task force, or is there some separate investigation going on? Or they involved because the son is military?

I am guessing they are involved because of the surplus weapons, equipment, vehicles, and grants they received from the Feds. If there are weapons/equipment unaccounted for, then this could get quite interesting!

Sexual harrassment too, Joe ??

Fox Lake Police Officer Denise Sharpe accused Gliniewicz of offering to protect her job at the department in exchange for sexual favors.

Sharpe mentioned the Explorers program in her 2003 complaint against the Village of Fox Lake and its police department. She said she worked for the program under Gliniewicz’s supervision in 2000, and she said he was her officer in command at the time.

On Valentine’s Day in 2000, Sharpe said Gliniewicz called her to meet him at a hotel. That’s where she said Gliniewicz gave her a box of chocolates, rubbed her shoulders and pressured her to perform oral sex.
Sharpe said Gliniewicz warned her that a Fox Lake lieutenant didn’t like female officers. Gliniewicz allegedly told Sharpe he would protect her in return for sexual favors. Sharpe claimed she performed oral sex for Gliniewicz five times between February and October of 2000.

She said she made it clear she didn’t enjoy it, but she said Gliniewicz insisted and even offered to help her become an officer in charge.

Sharpe also said she was set to attend basic camp for the Explorers program in May 2000. That’s when she said Gliniewicz made a comment about how much fun they would have “after the kids went to bed.” The next month, Sharpe said she asked a new recruit to take her place at national camp with the Explorers.

The next month, Sharpe said she learned through Chief Edward Gerretson that Gliniewicz had admitted to the allegations. The chief allegedly told her he would recommend sexual addiction counseling and a 30-day suspension.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...plaint-Years-Ago-340554402.html#ixzz3qdNVPSiX
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

How could mama bear Gliniewicz not know about this ?? Did she care ?

This would have been 15 years ago. I wonder what kind of stories there are floating around out there that we haven't heard about yet..............

The fact that he erased and deleted all messaging is ridiculous. Esp. as a LEO he should KNOW no matter what you do, the police/FBI can still get the records! Duh!

I was thinking the same thing. And how they are so long and contain so much detailed information. I definitely thought he would have known better!

True -- but if you read any of his social media, you'll see a snapshot of someone who was, to put it politely, not a deep thinker. Quite the opposite of one, really -- a very vain, arrogant, crude, rude, opinionated, and judgmental person.

Sexual harrassment too, Joe ??

This would have been 15 years ago. I wonder what kind of stories there are floating around out there that we haven't heard about yet..............

Exactly.

This is way worse than I expected, tbh. And that's even though I was 99% sure this was a suicide from early on and was also very suspicious there were missing equipment/sexual impropriety issues involved.

Many thanks are deserved to two of our missing members, vestigare and then Walker007 for sourcing and sifting through all publicly available information which built at least a circumstantial case for both of those scenarios. And boy howdy did this turn out to go so much deeper than I thought.

I'm especially livid that the LT tried to frame three actual people. I figured he'd seen them at some point earlier in the day and visualized them when calling in, but *I found it difficult to believe he'd try to actually frame them*. Given all we know now about his morality there's no doubt in my mind he was hoping this would be pinned on them early on and the investigation wouldn't get far enough to call this suicide. If Filenko's ethics hadn't been called into question given his history, and the battle w/the coroner hadn't been leaked I have no doubt the department would have covered this up and ruled his suicide undetermined or a cold case homicide after the three men were (miraculously for them) cleared.

Every case that he touched while he served should be looked at VERY CAREFULLY. He's been corrupt and abused his power for years and years. Hopefully no other innocent people have been harmed by him.

My take on the retired cop's threatening phone calls: Look up the term "false flag". IMO given the media swirl calling this the act of anti-police terrorism it's not a stretch that someone with political motivations would place some threatening calls in order to make it look as if a suicide ruling is what "the terrorists" wanted. He may have been hoping that it would stir the pot and further wind up the media should suicide remain on the table.

True -- but if you read any of his social media, you'll see a snapshot of someone who was, to put it politely, not a deep thinker. Quite the opposite of one, really -- a very vain, arrogant, crude, rude, opinionated, and judgmental person.

Absolutely.

I didn't want to speak ill of the dead at the time, but based solely on his social media presence I felt he was pretty much the last person in the world I'd want to encourage young, impressionable potential LEOs to emulate. We've got enough problems with our police forces in general these days.

JMO.

I guess I'm glad I didn't follow this closely enough to read his social media presence. Sounds like I would have needed a shower afterwards.

Exactly.

This is way worse than I expected, tbh. And that's even though I was 99% sure this was a suicide from early on and was also very suspicious there were missing equipment/sexual impropriety issues involved.

Many thanks are deserved to two of our missing members, vestigare and then Walker007 for sourcing and sifting through all publicly available information which built at least a circumstantial case for both of those scenarios. And boy howdy did this turn out to go so much deeper than I thought.

I'm especially livid that the LT tried to frame three actual people. I figured he'd seen them at some point earlier in the day and visualized them when calling in, but *I found it difficult to believe he'd try to actually frame them*. Given all we know now about his morality there's no doubt in my mind he was hoping this would be pinned on them early on and the investigation wouldn't get far enough to call this suicide. If Filenko's ethics hadn't been called into question given his history, and the battle w/the coroner hadn't been leaked I have no doubt the department would have covered this up and ruled his suicide undetermined or a cold case homicide after the three men were (miraculously for them) cleared.

Every case that he touched while he served should be looked at VERY CAREFULLY. He's been corrupt and abused his power for years and years. Hopefully no other innocent people have been harmed by him.
My take on the retired cop's threatening phone calls: Look up the term "false flag". IMO given the media swirl calling this the act of anti-police terrorism it's not a stretch that someone with political motivations would place some threatening calls in order to make it look as if a suicide ruling is what "the terrorists" wanted. He may have been hoping that it would stir the pot and further wind up the media should suicide remain on the table.

I have spent my morning catching up on this thread. WOW! BBM- I thought the same thing. I hope no innocent person(s) is sitting in a jail b/c of him.

I think the Volo Bog needs drained and searched at this point. There is no telling if a previous "undesirable" according to CG is in that bog already.

The way he threw the "Bog" out there in that communication sounded like he has used the method before. Its worth checking out at this point because I don't put nothing past him after what is being uncovered already.

I rean an article early this morning from the Chicago area that stated my state law, if convicted of a felony, he could have lost his pension. It went on to say that he couldn't be convicted now, so pension would be safe. That makes a lot of sense. It was headlined about he wife and son being under investigation, so I'm off to find a link. Everything has been updated so fast, I'm having trouble locating. I'll return a sap.
Eta: http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/1071605/officials-confirm-fox-lake-cop-killed

I'll bet the FBI investigating this crime were none too impressed by all of the fund-raisers, as they learned more about CG's criminal activities. I wouldn't be surprised if the fundraising has encouraged them to be extra vigilant in their ongoing investigation of his wife and son.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ts-Extensive-Criminal-Activity-340194422.html

3/27/15 – Messages between Gliniewicz and an LFL Executive
snip

JG: “Thanks and what would you need since we are rechartering, just the organization and organization head info/signature? I’m keeping this under wraps for now, only you the chief, my wife and myself know this and I current want to keep it that way until the final decision is made”

4/14/15 – Messages between Gliniewicz and Individual #1
snip
JG: “I talked to him again, and now thinks this is a knee-jerk reaction, and that when we put in our 2 wks, or set a retirement date, then he will move it…”

bbm It appears to me that the chief & the LFL ex were also involved in at least knowing. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member