IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Lt Charles Gliniewicz failed the nation or tricked the nation etc.

I think MSM failed the nation by once again building a heroic narrative around people and events in order to create a story arc that would instill widespread panic, grief, and other emotions. You know, a story arc that feeds into current mainstream anxieties and is guaranteed to have people glued to their televisions/radios/newsfeeds.

This is also the kind of story that everyone in the media can get a lot of mileage out of, which results in clicks/eyeballs/$$$

There was enough information publicly available for mainstream investigative reporters to have not crafted their coverage the way they did. There were alternative news outlets who reported the facts without the hero/war on cops but they just didn't have the platform to get their coverage out to a wider audience.

I personally think this is a very dangerous direction for the mass media to be heading in, and I think it's partially powered by the competition to have the most sensationalized take on a story and to get that story out ahead of the competition. IMO this tendency is extremely dangerous for democracy. This is why:

"These days we are bombarded with information, much of it incorrect, and long after the political campaigns are over a lot of it will still be buried in the part of our brain where we store our memories. And new research shows that the more intensely we believe something to be true, the more likely it will resurface in the future, even if we have learned it was false."

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/pe...n-hard-correct/story?id=15538721#.T_9TypGniyo

This time, at least, in the end, the truth came out.

JMO as someone who worked for a major daily and still has many friends/family in the news industry

I would love to see the Tox report. I would be surprised if steroids weren't in his system. Jmo.

The fact that they were real is probably one of the most disgusting parts to me, imo. If he was going to take himself out, fine, but to frame REAL people for it? Disgusting. He could have just described people that didn't exist but he didn't.

Agreed -- and considering how protective LEOs are about their fellow members, anything could happen. Those three could have targets on their backs if suspected of killing a fellow cop.

Me and Bluesneakers chuckled over the possibility that LT was stealing flashlights and compasses and pocket protection pen holders from the Explorers Program.

But now we see that he was taking way more than that. We salute. Jmo.

Maybe Mrs. G got rid of the extra flashlight and compasses by giving them to trick-or-treaters.

Too bad all these revelations of criminal activity weren't made public before Halloween. Her house may have gotten egged and toilet papered.

Seven years ago the riding high, buy on credit economy collapsed. Since 2008 I have read more stories about people skimming money from their work, organization, other family members, charities, clients. It is not as easy to be good for many people when times get tough.

But they weren't necessarily stealing the money because they needed it. They were taking it for vacations, *advertiser censored* sites, gym fees, mortgage payments etc. If they had followed a budget and lived within their means like most normal people have to..... jmo

Mrs. G reminds me, somehow, of Jerry Sandusky's wife, who he lovingly called 'Sarge'.

I don't see why he signed up for the chief position when that would cause more problems.

Btw. The guy killed himself for bs reasons. He wasn't even depressed. He was just too coniving all the way to the after life. WTH. You kill yourself to keep the ball rolling. Omg. This guy was not suicidal. He was just totally bonkers. Jmo

He had to be bonkers otherwise why would he leave drugs in his desk when he planned to make this look like a murder?

Another thought....is this going to be used as an excuse for an appeal on every case he has worked? The guy is a liar, thief, wannabe murderer (via a hitman) etc...

His testimony is now worthless so could any conviction that his testimony heavily influenced will be called into question? I would think so!

I don't know if he was a sociopath. He does seem a bit narcissistic. I don't know how charming he was, but one thing about which I'm fairly confident: the fact that he was a police officer and member of the military put a halo on him that made it difficult for many people to see him clearly.

Maybe what you say was true for the people around town (about LE and military roles/titles).
Remember when the medical profession ruled by law a nurse must be present when a male gynecologist conducts an examination? All doctors can't be trusted nor can all teachers or clergy, etc. A profession doesn't determine character.

One excuse for not owning one theory is WS is supposed to remain victim friendly (which is really hard to do sometimes imo) so I've been trying to wait until concrete information is released especially if I feel a theory may be unfair if untrue.

Police departments are necessary because most people sure can't police theirselves!
Organizations need to develop routine safety systems to keep the internal crooks honest.
Fox Lake didn't seem to have many checks and balances in place.
JG resented it when they began tightening up the ship.

Many times posters know more than they're allowed to post therefore I try to keep in mind the rumors while discussing the case. At the same time consider motive may be involved as well.

Many bad people fool their victims despite their professions. Awareness is good.

I have to mark my spot.....following.....

This is why I follow true crime, you can't make this up in fiction!

I also just was looking at DJ's FB page earlier and he had it really open and had lots of followers. Some people started coming in and made some very disparaging comments to him about the reports that his mom and him were also under investigation. Someone went as far as to post a picture of his mom in an especially unflattering pose and said something to the effect of hope that pig enjoyed all her free meals! Yikes. After I viewed his page, I went back to look about an hour ago, and now he has it locked down much tighter where random people can not comment. Interesting. IMO, he should probably just make it private. In this day and age, I can't believe how many people make their SM accounts public.

But remember.. she said to the media interview that he always came home to her :confused:

excuse me, my 1st post :happydance: on this thread, he had to come home to her. They both had their ice cream and cake too, until Anne Marrin came along. What a fool. stupid like

David Westerfield. SQDRIMSP, DrewPeterson, Casey Anthony, and the rest of the nutcases we deal with here @ WS.:moo:

He had to be bonkers otherwise why would he leave drugs in his desk when he planned to make this look like a murder?

I agree. The guy was definitely bonkers for killing himself for future benefits to his family while trying to escape a simple fall out that wouldn't have warranted no real jail time. Jmo

I should add you can still see the comments. He only made it so people could not comment on his posts/pics anymore if they were not friends.

“He was murdered:” Exclusive interview with Lt. Gliniewicz’s wife Friday on Crime Watch Daily
http://fox6now.com/2015/09/30/he-wa...t-joe-gliniewicz-friday-on-crime-watch-daily/

MG said the guy who did the autopsy, the one who wasn't elected, came to her patio and told her so himself, that is, her husband was murdered.

After watching the complete presser, why did Dr. Rudd kind of dance around the details in the autopsy concerning JG's face and head?
Rudd replied to the reporter the back of JG's head had injury and his nose appeared damaged as well. No further remark or explanation was given and then on to the next question.
How would the back of JG's head be damaged if he fell on his face? And if he fell on his back, why would his nose be damaged? Was JG laying down already when he shot himself?
If so why would there be damage to his head or nose?
This section of the presser confuses me. Guess we're supposed to ignore it.

I agree. The guy was definitely bonkers for killing himself for future benefits to his family while trying to escape a simple fall out that wouldn't have warranted no real jail time. Jmo

I'm not so sure this guy killed himself solely over what we know about. He may have also killed himself over some things we haven't found out about yet. That audit may have led to other audits, and so forth and so on.

This is one of those stories that keeps on givin'...................

MG said the guy who did the autopsy, the one who wasn't elected, came to her patio and told her so himself, that is, her husband was murdered.

After watching the complete presser, why did Dr. Rudd kind of dance around the details in the autopsy concerning JG's face and head?
Rudd replied to the reporter the back of JG's head had injury and his nose appeared damaged as well. No further remark or explanation was given and then on to the next question.
How would the back of JG's head be damaged if he fell on his face? And if he fell on his back, why would his nose be damaged? Was JG laying down already when he shot himself?
If so why would there be damage to his head or nose?
This section of the presser confuses me. Guess we're supposed to ignore it.

IDK He may have injured himself along with the other things he did to make it look like a crime/murder had occurred.
I still want to know if it's common practice to have law enforcement people present for an autopsy and why? What is that about?

“Three of George Filenko’s task force members were at the autopsy,” he said. “He knows what we found.”

http://www.nbcchicago.com/investiga...-on-Fox-Lake-Officers-Shooting-326100651.html

Who the heck TEXTS someone asking about a hitman???? I mean, seriously. Doesn't that seem really dumb??

http://abc7chicago.com/news/gliniewicz-tried-to-hire-hitman-task-force-says/1069380/

Someone who thinks they're above it all. I think he became very complacent under chief Behan , who appears to have let a lot slide, and the former administration. He clearly thought he was untouchable.

My heart breaks for his three sons who thus far appear to have no prior knowlegde of anything that led to this.

My heart breks for his three sons who thus far appear to have no prior knowlegde of anything that led to this.

Yes, this has got to be terrible for them. I hope they are able to get a lot of outside support and ongoing counseling to help them get through all of this as best they can. They didn't do anything to deserve this and I can't imagine trying to reconcile one's feelings for their parents while also trying to grieve the death of one's (problematic!) father. I hope the community recognizes this and treats the innocent kids as victims rather than lepers.

Due to others that knew about this within the department. I would just say to give his family his retirement benefits and just try to recoup on a monthly payment what was lost. Jmo.

But on a side note. If the wife knew that suicide was his intention to cover up fraud. Then she shouldn't have blamed government for whatever.

Now I see why donations on go fund me or any donations were accepted.

But still i do not blame the wife for believing in her alpha male hubby who told her that he would handle the situation without her believing that he would commit suicide to do so. Jmo

Remember when Mrs. G made the comment on that crime TV show about her message for Obama? And how we had to wait a few days for the next episode to hear her complain about not receiving a call from Obama about her husbands death? That just goes to show how larger than life they really believed they were. That's one inflated ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966