IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if any of the sleuthing that took place here on WebSleuths will be mentioned in the presser.

I'm not surprised (but would have been two months ago)

<modsnip>

I've never gotten so wrapped up in a news story before. I'll be glad when we know the truth.

Local Chicago Fox station releasing:

CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) - Sources have told FOX 32 News that the task force investigating the shooting death of Fox Lake Lt. Joe Gliniewicz has concluded it was a suicide.
After examining all the evidence, the task force has determined that Lt. Gliniewicz took his own life, due to personal and professional pressures.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/44073053-story

Not official yet IMO but sounds like it will be tomorrow. I'm not shocked, just sad and disappointed.

Suicide is something I don't think I'll ever understand. Hopefully they will give some insight as to why they came to this conclusion. I'd understand if they kept the juicy details out to protect the family, if there are any from his personal life. It will be interesting to hear how much of the job related info they are willing to share.

For my own selfish reasons, I hope that they found he was on a drug to help him quit smoking or something. Chantix is known to cause depression and has been blamed for hundreds of sucides. IIRC over 1000. It would make sense to use retirement as a milestone/benchmark to quit smoking.

I am not surprised but I had held out hope. I just hope the family can be respected here and in the media. They are victims as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoftTail?

Not surprised. Feel for the family.

They are already leaving a huge part of this story out and I (for one) will be disappointed if the MSM fails to cover the fact that this was more than only a simple suicide. This was a suicide by a high ranking officer who tried to fake his suicide to make it look like he was killed in the line of duty. If you are going to tell the story. Tell it like it really is / was. That's all I ask. I don't like pretentiousness.

Added tidbit on the investigation also being related by one of the local major Chicago newspapers. Could be inaccurate swirl, could be additional leak, could be MSM that speaks before thinking....

In a stunning turn of events, Lake County officials are expected to announce Wednesday that the death of Fox Lake Police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was a suicide related to personal issues and an ongoing law enforcement investigation of him, sources said.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/1070558/fox-lake-cop-death-ruled-suicide-sources

Added tidbit on the investigation also being related by one of the local major Chicago newspapers. Could be inaccurate swirl, could be additional leak, could be MSM that speaks before thinking....

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/1070558/fox-lake-cop-death-ruled-suicide-sources

There are a lot of things that could have been about. Some of the possibilities have been hinted about here on websleuths and discussed in private. I wonder if we will get any details on that investigation.

Aha! I thought they would wait until Black Friday, but now I realize tomorrow is the day after Election Day. Could it be?
IDK that there are any local elections here. The only local news I've seen regarding elections is for NW Indiana.

That's an interesting change in venue for the presser. 15 minutes away, next town, inside venue that will hold a good number of attendees.

Isn't Round Lake where Filenko works? Isn't that his home le station?

Isn't Round Lake where Filenko works? Isn't that his home le station?

Reviewing my earlier post to clarify. There are 4 different, separate villages with "Round Lake" in their name in the area. Round Lake, Round Lake Beach, Round Lake Heights, and Round Lake Park <--- Filenko's department. There are a number of "shared services" for all of the Round Lake villages, including the civic center venue for tomorrow's presser - things like the library, park district, civic center, etc. are shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper