IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS; MAN NEARLY ARRESTED FOR DEATH OF FOX LAKE LT. JOE GLINIEWICZ: 'HE TRIED TO PIN IT ON US'

This might answer some of the questions raised early on in the investigation.

What a low life coward. He tried to frame 3 innocent people on the street. These 3 guys could have got life sentences. Just so his own image was seen as a good guy. He was the opposite of a good guy.

And I hope LE investigates his wife. Something about those pictures makes me think she knew the money was not theres on vacation Like take that everyone. We are living high on the hog with your money

The post that Cubby is referring to is the post where I stated that the chances of Gliniewicz committing suicide were about the same as the chances that I would marry Madonna someday. I had a feeling you'd be making contact.

Can you believe it Cubby ?? I never thought in a million years I'd be getting married to her, seeing how we have nothing in common and don't even know one another. All that aside, the wedding ceremony is planned for this coming Saturday at the peak of Mt. Everest. I've contacted the bride-to-be, and sent out about twenty thousand invitations to special guests. The guest list is mainly made up from members of the task force, the entire city of Fox Lake, Homeland Security employees, individual #1, Individual #2, Drew Peterson(in absentia) , and many others who kept things "close to the vest" and hidden from the public for the last 3 months, which resulted in this impromptu action.

Guest speakers will include George (I know nothing !!) Filenko, Denise Sharpe, the three men wrongly implicated in the "murder", and last but not least, Melodie and D.J. Gliniewicz.

Although thousands of people have been invited, we are realistically expecting a turnout of a dozen or so people, made up mainly of helicopter pilots and sherpa guides. Keep in mind Cubby, there's always the possibility that I will be left standing at the alter, so be prepared. All Websleuths members that enjoy watching me eat crow are also encouraged to attend. Saturday 2:00 p.m., Nepal India, peak of Everest.
Causal dress, snow boots and gloves encouraged.

Special thanks goes out to the Fox Lake Explorer post for the funding required to make this venture possible.

View attachment 83906
"Don't like jail ? How much ya' got in your wallet, punk !?"
:silly: I'm vegan, so crow will not be on my plate but I'm sadly choking on tofu 'crow'. I'll be at the ceremony for pot shots and please have your lovely bride perform at the reception. Thanks

What happened to the guy that demanded it be ruled suicide?
And how did he know?
I didn't follow this very closely so if it has been posted sorry.

Well, dayummmmm....just got caught up from yesterday afternoon.

It's not looking good for his wife and DJ. Still want to hear more, but do I feel bad for giving them the benefit of the doubt, and not jumping to conclusions? Not at all. Like I said, I deal with financial crimes on a weekly basis...so oftentimes the family members did not know, never caught on. They can justify so many things to fill in blanks, etc. And on the other extreme, when there is solid proof that family members knew, I have no sympathy charging them. None.

I don't know what DJ did, or knew, the levels that his dad did this crap. I'm still going to hope he didn't really know or understand. Who knows what his dad was telling him, the stories and excuses. So, my heart still goes out to the son.

The wife? If she was invoived, then hopefully they've got all her activities documented and can break it down into criminal charges...now, should she be charged, or is there some type of plea arrangement that can be done to pay restitution, etc.? Let's see what comes out.

And back to the question of "do they deserve his pension?" sorry, still holding out that legally they are entitled to it. It is completely separate from their criminal activities and funds. Should his wife be charged criminally and/or civilly for illegally gotten gains? Very possibly! I hope some types of restitution and repayments are going to be possible.

BTW, what a dog Joe turned out to be. For years of good, wow, what a way to screw it all up. Let this be a life learning experience for our younger generations - "look, what NOT to do!"

Just feeling disgusted this morning. For the locals, I am so sorry this has happened to your local community that did right...they came out immediately to support a fallen officer, and I hope that doesn't change in the future...because of this *advertiser censored**.
JMO

The last three sentences pretty much give away who Lt. CG was communicating with. I don't think there are too many people Lt. CG would be making payments on for money he loaned them.

This is worse than I expected.

I was so wrong about this case. Suicide was always in the back of my mind of course but I just didn't want it to be true.

I already knew there is a rather high rate of suicide among cops since I have read many articles over the years about those who have done so but they usually do it while they are alone whether in their own home or they go out in the woods and none of them that I have read about setup their suicide to look like a murder.

It shows what lengths he went to in order to pull this off and still in the end the cops he worked with were smarter than he was.

I believe he shot his protective vest first because usually suicide victims who use a firearm are dead or immediately unconscious with one and only shot. So he wanted it to look like he had been shot twice by 'someone' else. Imo, that is the sole reason two shots were fired. He knew one shot would make them instantly suspicious but by firing two shots it seemed more like a murder........at first anyway.

It does make me wonder what happened seven years ago to start all of this. That would mean for 23 years he was the officer everyone thought him to be. What changed? Did his son come to him wanting a loan around that time and he had no money of his own to lend him so he took money out of the explorer account and when he got away with that it continued to be a way to get extra funds when he wanted something or when his son needed a handout?

The police say the total amount is five figures over a seven year time period. I wonder what the total amount came out to be? Do the records show him putting any money back into the accounts over that same period? Imo, that is a small amount when spread over seven years.

The ones I feel so sorry for is those who live in this community.:( What a bitter betrayal from a man they thought they knew but did not.

I don't understand why he committed suicide over this since the funds taken weren't that much. People have taken millions and didn't do hardly anytime for it. I guess he took the easy way out thinking it would save himself from being exposed for what he really was yet in the end the truth always comes out. He should have known this was going to be investigated to the hilt and the truth about what he had done would become known to all.

He did such an unforgivable thing in light of all the unrest against police officers now. It shows how truly selfish he was and thought of no one but himself. He has hurt so many from those he worked with to the entire community as a whole.

If his wife and son knew about this then they should be prosecuted.

Do we have a source for Dino's Den, cause that's a 10 min drive away from the Rt. 12 BP station. I was thinking more like the Whistle Stop Cafe. Good thing the guy kept his receipt!

Please see the recent post by Chuz, the video clearly indicates Dino's Den and the BP station on Rt. 12.
Google Map shows the distance between the two to be 0.7 miles / a 3 min drive / a 14 min walk.

If I am not mistaken when the vest took the shot the cellphone was shot with that same shot, iirc knowing what I know now I think it was to destroy the phone further even after deleting thousands of text. bbm

"The first shot hit his right chest region, went through the phone, lodged into his bulletproof vest," said Rudd in describing an initial gunshot Gliniewicz fired at himself to throw off investigators.

http://www.npr.org/2015/11/05/45469...rs-after-probe-finds-ill-officer-shot-himself

Evidence turned up in reviews of department documents, and most notably in incriminating text messages and communications that had been deleted from his phones, but recovered at the FBI lab in Quantico, Va.

Omg I just had a thought.... Did the wife know he was going to do this?
I sure hope not!

Congrats to steelman and Madonna! I will be looking for my invitation in the mail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Investigators have also seen evidence that Gliniewicz had made contact with a woman linked to the Outlaws motorcycle gang to discuss the possibility of a gang member doing harm to Marrin, said multiple sources with knowledge of the investigation.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...op-suicide-20151104-story.html#navtype=outfit

Police also said Gliniewicz had forged documents to get equipment from a military surplus program.

OMG!!! I can't believe how wrong I was. Just sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol all this crow it's ok, who would have thought someone could be so selfish and stupid.

Exactly!!! Imagine how confused and let down these kids must feel.. I live near there too, my Aunt and Uncle are former neighbors of him and his family. Again...goes to show that you NEVER know who your neighbors, or anyone in fact, you never really know them.

Also he likely knew there were no surveillance cameras in that particular area!

I am more upset that he tried to frame innocent people with murder charges and he almost had other innocent people physically harmed.

Investigators have also seen evidence that Gliniewicz had made contact with a woman linked to the Outlaws motorcycle gang to discuss the possibility of a gang member doing harm to Marrin, said multiple sources with knowledge of the investigation.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...op-suicide-20151104-story.html#navtype=outfit

Police also said Gliniewicz had forged documents to get equipment from a military surplus program.
Good grief!!!!! This only gets worse.

The fact that he erased and deleted all messaging is ridiculous. Esp. as a LEO he should KNOW no matter what you do, the police/FBI can still get the records! Duh!

Thank you
I'm thinking he knows something.

He has been dismissed by the MSM as some loon who has emotional/mental issues.

I am torn if that is the case or not. If you want to believe in the full conspiracy theory, the background of this guy is quite interesting given the recent developments in the Gliniewicz case.

Battaglia is a retired CPD cop. He retired quickly in 2012 just as an investigation into missing inventory and evidence was beginning to focus on him (sound familiar)?

And to add to the intrigue, his family has some interesting history in Chicago (link below for those unaware): http://www.americanmafia.com/Feature_Articles_150.html

So is he some crazy old bat? Or is his background/involvement/history too coincidental? Who knows at this point, but certainly makes you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member