IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm almost at a loss for words on how to respond to this. The man was obviously upset that he missed an important event and he thought Gliniewicz should have let him off with a warning. Gliniewicz responded and defended his actions with a letter of his own.

Kind of strange for that letter to be the focal point in any of this considering every thing else we have in his records.

No,not at at all.Although I didn't quote them,there were one or two posts by others that made observations about this incident,my thoughts differ.From the tone of this guy's letter I can see why it didn't go well for him.The contrast between his complaint letter to the Mayor and Gliniewicz's response is interesting...as is the way we all see things differently.

My favorite Gliniewicz travel is the vacation they took in Wisconsin using a FLPD squad car.

Decisions,decisions....

I wonder if they vacationed in the black unmarked cruiser he parked in his mistress's driveway several times a week while on duty,the full blown FLPD Patrol car or even one of the FLPD SUVs or maybe an urban assault vechicle for tailgating at Lambeau Field.

My favorite Gliniewicz travel is the vacation they took in Wisconsin using a FLPD squad car.

Too funny! You got a roaring laugh out of me. Was nothing off limits for this guy?

Having spent half my life in a state with unions, a brother who worked for the city and personally knew the inner workings, plus knowing policemen in my corrupt city, my guess is JG had a few Union people in his pocket. IMO that is the only way he was able to keep his job!

A few dirty cops mean there has to be higher ups in various positions that are dirty too. The union is well aware of what is going on. In fact, many people are aware, it's just "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil".

By bringing in an outsider, there are many shaking in their boots, daily. The fact that so much wrongdoing has been found on JG, it would be wise to go through all policemen personnel files - the ones that have been there a long time would be the best place to start. However, it is my guess, the investigation will stop with this cop and anyone involved with his case.

Now this does raise a question in my mind, were "they" focused on Joe to begin with? Yes, I think so. Why, when it was time for him to retire?
Couldn't he be prosecuted for the wrongdoing after retirement?

My opinions only.

A portion of the local community still believes it was an inside job for some odd reason. Even after official documents have been released. Some are still in denial and believe that the government would fake phone records, bank records, police reports, complaints, etc. Of course the government would be capable of this if was something that was linked all the way up to the feds or something ridiculous but I mean.. Come on..

Can you really blame them? Apparently there is a LOT of freaky stuff going on in your little village.

If they believe he was completely innocent then yes that is naive, however if they believe he was involved with some dirty dealing then the inside job theory makes a lot more sense. In addition the cocaine found in his desk is quite odd. If he was going to stage his own murder and he wanted to die with the reputation of a hero why leave drugs in his own desk to be discovered later?

I think it was a suicide however I can see why others would be leaning towards conspiracy theories. IMO there was a conspiracy, he had to have the support from higher ups to get away with all of this stuff for so long, they may not have conspired to kill him but they had a hand in this.

[video=youtube;hCx2234D_vc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCx2234D_vc[/video]

Crime Watch Daily interview with Melodie Gliniewicz--longer version.

Dated 10/5/15 Additional pics of the two of them shown during interview.

[video=youtube;5KC90zbgvLI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KC90zbgvLI[/video]

Why are his actions such a slap in the face ? Watch this video for the answer, it's over an hour long.

This is the procession of LE vehicles the day of his funeral.

Keep in mind that the individuals in each of these cars had no idea what Gliniewicz had done.

You know who I really feel sorry for the most ? The people in the opposite lane that pulled over out of respect while the motorcade passed.........no way they can ever get that hour of their life back.

For what it's worth, with TV blabbing in the background, I heard that the cocaine found in his desk was in unmarked evidence packets...that may not mean much as he had access to packets, but it of course makes me wonder if the cocaine was from a bust and either was not reported or was a portion of the cocaine gathered from a bust. I think that he may have planted it there (in his desk) himself, to support the murder staging....JMO

For what it's worth, with TV blabbing in the background, I heard that the cocaine found in his desk was in unmarked evidence packets...that may not mean much as he had access to packets, but it of course makes me wonder if the cocaine was from a bust and either was not reported or was a portion of the cocaine gathered from a bust. I think that he may have planted it there (in his desk) himself, to support the murder staging....JMO

Pretty sure they aren't supposed to stash drug evidence in their desk.

And I can't imagine how it would support the murder, his story was that he saw 3 unknown males and approached them, how could those 3 males also have planted drugs in his desk?

Would anybody believe for one second that Gliniewicz wasn't capable of stealing from the evidence room and possibly from evidence that was used in other trials ? He would've had access to empty evidence packets , of which he could have filled up himself, seeing how he knew plenty of gang members and even tried to hire them to kill someone. I'm sure a couple of his unsavory street "narcs" could have gotten him a little untraceable coke.

I don't think the depths of how dirty this guy was are even close to being known at this point. I'm expecting a whole lot of people, some law abiding and some not, to come forward in the next few weeks and provide further stories about this clown. Of course, the ones that helped him break the law may not be so willing to share their fond memories of him.

Pictured: Mother-of-two who denies having an affair with the crooked cop who faked his own murder before marrying his son in 'sham' ceremony

Katie Brown accused yesterday of having affair with Joseph Gliniewicz

Reports said she slept with him before marrying his son Daniel in 2013

Brown, also known as Grams from another marriage, says that is untrue

She said Gliniewicz Sr. was only a friend she knew from the police force

Daniel is accused of marrying Brown to secure more military benefits

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...marrying-son-sham-ceremony.html#ixzz3qoFbpRqs

Pretty sure they aren't supposed to stash drug evidence in their desk.

And I can't imagine how it would support the murder, his story was that he saw 3 unknown males and approached them, how could those 3 males also have planted drugs in his desk?

LOL No, they are not supposed to stash the stuff in their desks. If he was an active user, he wouldn't have it stashed there, either. It is odd that it was there, at all. That's why I suspect that he deliberately put it there...correct, the elusive three would not have had access to his desk, but an insider could. And the three may have worked for the insider. We know that he staged all of this. He may have staged the drugs, as well. JMO

Would anybody believe for one second that Gliniewicz wasn't capable of stealing from the evidence room and possibly from evidence that was used in other trials ? He would've had access to empty evidence packets , of which he could have filled up himself, seeing how he knew plenty of gang members and even tried to hire them to kill someone. I'm sure a couple of his unsavory street "narcs" could have gotten him a little untraceable coke.

I don't think the depths of how dirty this guy was are even close to being known at this point. I'm expecting a whole lot of people, some law abiding and some not, to come forward in the next few weeks and provide further stories about this clown. Of course, the ones that helped him break the law may not be so willing to share their fond memories of him.

The feds are still investigating him for money laundering. I think you are right, we will hear a lot more in the coming weeks.

snip
Police also said Gliniewicz had forged documents to get equipment from a military surplus program.

snip
Lake County State's Attorney Mike Nerheim said the results of the investigation have been turned over to his office, as well as to the FBI, for investigation of alleged crimes that are not related to Gliniewicz's shooting but were uncovered during the inquiry into it. The FBI declined to comment.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...s/ct-fox-lake-cop-suicide-20151104-story.html

The village's police Chief Michael Behan retired in August, just after he and another officer had been put on leave pending an investigation into the department's handling of an altercation between an officer and an arrestee in 2014. His retirement triggered further review of the department's procedures and equipment, and a text message Gliniewicz sent to Behan at the end of August shows Gliniewicz was worried about that inquiry. Behan could not be reached for comment.

The village has revealed very little about the findings of its reviews, and its generally failed to release records in response to Freedom of Information Act requests from the Tribune.

bbm This to me all is connected, in my opinion it's about surplus he received with forged signatures. jmo

It could be true that behan didn't know about the explorers program bank account that they used but I think he may have known about the surplus equipment. jmo

It could be true that behan didn't know about the explorers program bank account that they used but I think he may have known about the surplus equipment. jmo

I don't know, but I sort of figured that the forged signatures were CG forging Behan's signature. Who else? That way, Behan wouldn't know about extra military surplus stuff, and that stuff could be sold. Just a guess! JMO

snip
Police also said Gliniewicz had forged documents to get equipment from a military surplus program.

snip
Lake County State's Attorney Mike Nerheim said the results of the investigation have been turned over to his office, as well as to the FBI, for investigation of alleged crimes that are not related to Gliniewicz's shooting but were uncovered during the inquiry into it. The FBI declined to comment.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...s/ct-fox-lake-cop-suicide-20151104-story.html

The village's police Chief Michael Behan retired in August, just after he and another officer had been put on leave pending an investigation into the department's handling of an altercation between an officer and an arrestee in 2014. His retirement triggered further review of the department's procedures and equipment, and a text message Gliniewicz sent to Behan at the end of August shows Gliniewicz was worried about that inquiry. Behan could not be reached for comment.

The village has revealed very little about the findings of its reviews, and its generally failed to release records in response to Freedom of Information Act requests from the Tribune.

bbm This to me all is connected, in my opinion it's about surplus he received with forged signatures. jmo

And sold on the black market.

IIRC it was said threads back the the mayor was in control of the police department. If that is correct would the firing be out of the chief's hands and up to the mayor? jmo idk

His gig with the Explorers gives a whole new meaning to "free enterprise".....it was not just his cash cow, but his cover, and afforded him some sexual exploits as well. JMO

Can you really blame them? Apparently there is a LOT of freaky stuff going on in your little village.

If they believe he was completely innocent then yes that is naive, however if they believe he was involved with some dirty dealing then the inside job theory makes a lot more sense. In addition the cocaine found in his desk is quite odd. If he was going to stage his own murder and he wanted to die with the reputation of a hero why leave drugs in his own desk to be discovered later?

I think it was a suicide however I can see why others would be leaning towards conspiracy theories. IMO there was a conspiracy, he had to have the support from higher ups to get away with all of this stuff for so long, they may not have conspired to kill him but they had a hand in this.

I mean, I can understand that but falsifying so many official documents and including the FBI, ATA, coroner, banks, cell phone providers, etc and framing Gliniewicz is a lot more far-fetched than what is being revealed to us now.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in a while but would like to point out is about Gliniewicz's belief regarding body cameras and dash cameras. This is just a conversation I had with him that led to a friendly argument and I never understood why he felt that they are in no way beneficial.

To keep this post short I'll basically say that I made the argument that most people make in favor of body cameras. If you do good, you will record good. If you do bad, you will record bad. If there is a false report filed against you your body cam will prove your innocence, however if you're a crooked cop your body camera will expose you. It seems like a win win. However he stated that this country is too sue happy and that the public is too happy to attack the police.

I will be back on later today if anyone has any other questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990
Back