IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ADMIN NOTE: We're going to nip this topic of children and paternity in the bud right now. In other words, please drop the subject.

Thank you.

[QUESTION] 4

<modsnip>

-Why did they decide to end that marriage after only a year?

-Did Joe continue the affair after the marriage?

-Anything else that you might know about this arrangement?

[Answer] 4

- I don't know any specifics about the marriage.

Somewhere I saw the sham bride, KG, was paid 500 dollars a month for the marriage. I may have seen that as a news blurb on WGN or ABC tv. There must have been some financial benefit to the G family if it was worth their paying KG for the marriage.

I'm not sure this idea fits because most of the benefits from having dependents are not received in cash so-to-speak. There is some increased pay allotted for food and general living I guess but the main perks are medical, larger housing or housing allowance (not paid directly but paid to the landlord or post housing management people). So, there is some additional money but not that much more to risk this fraud imo.
The housing office would have a document showing the dependents and eventually your fellow soldiers would wonder why you are living in the two or three bedroom house without a wife or children visible. If living on Post, people are nosy too.
How many years has or had DJ served by (forgot month) 2013?
Because, iirc, a single soldier starting out is required to live on Post in barracks.
Yes, look under Unaccompanied Housing Quarters.
http://www.military.com/money/pcs-dity-move/living-on-base.html

Here is a link to 2013 Basic Pay for all ranks. The chart showing extra pay based on the number of dependents isn't coming up easily. I tried to find a chart showing the pay difference. Maybe those charts are revealed to an applicant.
http://www.military-money-matters.c...-military-pay-chart-active-duty-basic-pay.pdf

http://www.military-money-matters.com/support-files/2013-military-pay-chart-allowances.pdf

Somewhere I saw the sham bride, KG, was paid 500 dollars a month for the marriage. I may have seen that as a news blurb on WGN or ABC tv. There must have been some financial benefit to the G family if it was worth their paying KG for the marriage.

The dollar amount was mentioned here.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/p...d-his-mistress-to-get-better-payday-from-army

"Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was having an affair with a recently-divorced woman who could not afford to pay for health care benefits or groceries for her two children, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.Investigators say Gliniewicz arranged for his son, Donald &#8220;D.J.&#8221; Gliniewicz, to marry the woman while he served in the Army. As a married man with two children to support, Donald would receive $1,750 per month. Investigators say Gliniewicz&#8217;s mistress would receive $500 and Donald would keep the rest.
They were married for one year before a dissolution of marriage was filed in 2014, records show.

The dollar amount was mentioned here.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/p...d-his-mistress-to-get-better-payday-from-army

"Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was having an affair with a recently-divorced woman who could not afford to pay for health care benefits or groceries for her two children, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.Investigators say Gliniewicz arranged for his son, Donald “D.J.” Gliniewicz, to marry the woman while he served in the Army. As a married man with two children to support, Donald would receive $1,750 per month. Investigators say Gliniewicz’s mistress would receive $500 and Donald would keep the rest.
They were married for one year before a dissolution of marriage was filed in 2014, records show.

All that for $500 per month?!? I am sure she could have gotten some government assistance so her children could eat. These people made some really poor choices. Not even discussing the morality thing. Just the practicality of entering into a sham marriage for $500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All that for $500 per month?!? I am sure she could have gotten some government assistance so her children could eat. These people made some really poor choices. Not even discussing the morality thing. Just the practicality of entering into a sham marriage for $500.

Plus medical.

Plus medical.

Oh yeah duh.. But why not state aid? Maybe didn't qualify? Pretty sad that the children's father wasn't caring for them and she felt she needed to turn to her paramours child to make this arrangement?!?

O'kay, but the grown son is sol as far as his career in the Army is concerned. Too bad.

He didn't have a good role model for a father,other than that I don't have much sympathy for D.J.Gliniewicz and whatever happens with his Army career.

He knowingly accepted money from the Explorers funds to take vacations and repair his truck.He also benefited more from the sham marriage than his father's mistress did.

D.J. Gliniewicz knowingly appeared at multiple benefits and accepted money from caring people knowing full well of the behind the scenes dirt.When your undeserving father has a funeral worthy of a United States President,your sense of reality might suffer a bit.

He didn't have a good role model for a father,other than that I don't have much sympathy for D.J.Gliniewicz and whatever happens with his Army career.

He knowingly accepted money from the Explorers funds to take vacations and repair his truck.He also benefited more from the sham marriage than his father's mistress did.

D.J. Gliniewicz knowingly appeared at multiple benefits and accepted money from caring people knowing full well of the behind the scenes dirt.When your undeserving father has a funeral worthy of a United States President,your sense of reality might suffer a bit.

I am curious if LG was always this way... bent the rules when it was convenient, broke the law when he thought he could get away with it etc. It would explain why he left active duty and went active reserve. jmo

One small misdemeanor that I think was signature CG -- not only does he steal (or what, in his personal file was worded as 'somehow obtain') a certificate for a free tattoo donated to FLPD...but he gets the tattoo done while he is on duty.

All class, that hero!

The pushy idiot with the big shot mentality who Gliniewicz gave a speeding ticket to was a jerk, the whinny protest letter he wrote to the Mayor for getting pulled over and ticketed was pathetic.

I'm almost at a loss for words on how to respond to this. The man was obviously upset that he missed an important event and he thought Gliniewicz should have let him off with a warning. Gliniewicz responded and defended his actions with a letter of his own.

Kind of strange for that letter to be the focal point in any of this considering every thing else we have in his records.

bbm
Exactly what I thought.

In Illinois by law the father is court ordered to provide medical insurance as part of child support.

Oh yeah duh.. But why not state aid? Maybe didn't qualify? Pretty sad that the children's father wasn't caring for them and she felt she needed to turn to her paramours child to make this arrangement?!?

Oh, I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion she wasn't recieving child support and likely medicsl from the children's father. Someone who will sleep with another woman's husband and then marry her lover's son isn't exactly firing on all cylinders.

Oh, I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion she wasn't recieving child support and likely medicsl from the children's father. Someone who will sleep with another woman's husband and then marry her lover's son isn't exactly firing on all cylinders.

I might just be tired, but I literally LOL'd at this. :giggle:

After reflecting on Lt.Gliniewicz's personnel records,a few thoughts...

Take a party town
north of Chicago that's basically all about bars,boats,bikinis,getting drunk and getting laid.

Add a young cop with a military background,and then.....a couple of years later on a on quiet morning in September there's a horrific terrorist attack.In the days and months that followed,every Cop,Firefighter and Soldier in the United States became heroes.... rock stars.

That's a huge Easter basket full of temptation folks.

I've known a few cops in my time and a few cop's wives too.I'm not particularly surprised that Officer Gliniewicz spent a bit too much time getting drunk and chasing tail.

Gliniewicz Family Had Financial Issues, Traveled Extensively
By Tammy Leitner

“NBC 5 Investigates obtained court records that show six years ago, Gliniewicz’s wife Melodie had maxed out her credit cards and stopped paying the bills. The credit card companies went after her in court, filing at least three separate lawsuits.

In 2010, Melodie Gliniewicz was ordered to pay Citibank more than $7,000. That same year, she agreed in an arbitration hearing to pay more than $13,000 to Chase bank.

In total, she was required to pay back more than $22,000.

Despite the financial struggles, however, police say the family traveled extensively in recent years.”​

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/investiga...eled-Extensively-342135991.html#ixzz3qmP3b4Jz

My favorite Gliniewicz travel is the vacation they took in Wisconsin using a FLPD squad car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back