IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Joe was no hero. He was never in combat. He never saved anyone's life that I know of.

All JMO.

I keep flip flopping between him single-handidly running money generating schemes and becoming GI-Joe to the public VS other KEY people that may have been involved as well and used him as their point man to get to the funds.

They may have allowed him to be put on a pedestal to keep the focus on him and away from themselves if anything ever went down like it has. Like Good Job Joe. Your doing great. Keep it up and keep the money rolling.

What could point to the latter?

1 - Cocaine in desk?
This is a little too ridiculous to me.
If he was using, there is no way he would just leave that there in his desk like that.
And especially if he had an elaborate plan to off himself. I doubt he would leave that in his desk or forget it was there. It seems to me that it was purposely placed there and I am not convinced he put it there.

If he was going to frame that other person he again would just not leave it there.

Could someone else have put it there to add fuel to the fire to make sure all the focus is on him? Its possible IMO.

2 - The big parade procession.
Before he was outed, if higher ups were involved in his schemes, they too would want the focus on him being GI-Joe that can do no wrong and maybe were hoping that the mystery of his death would just remain a mystery forever. Throw him a big shin-dig. Parade over, murderers never are found, and things die down. Story goes away and nobody finds out about funds being missing. End of Story.

3 - Death ruled Suicide changed everything---Have to now throw him under bus.

If others are involved, every piece of dirt needs to be thrown at him to keep focus on him.
Notice how quick the information is now coming.
Was this good investigative work done super quick OR did they know all along about these things because some were tied in.

Things like the death threats/framing of others, his son's sham wedding for benefits, etc.
Have to get as much dirt on him out there to keep focus on him and nobody else.
Did they go too far with the Cocaine in his drawer?

And notice it is ALL at him and his family only. Notice they are only outing him and his family. Gotta throw them under bus and keep focus there. What about higher ups or people he reported to?

I realize a lot of this is pure speculation but it does make you wonder where this stops. It seems too large to stop with just him single handidly doing everything.

The bottom line is there is no doubt Joe was involved in lots of dirty dealings. The question now becomes whether other non-family were involved in some of his dealings.
And if so, will we ever find out. The people doing the investigating maybe some of the same people tied to things OR they may get pressure not to say anything.

All JMO.

I keep flip flopping between him single-handidly running money generating schemes and becoming GI-Joe to the public VS other KEY people that may have been involved as well and used him as their point man to get to the funds.

They may have allowed him to be put on a pedestal to keep the focus on him and away from themselves if anything ever went down like it has. Like Good Job Joe. Your doing great. Keep it up and keep the money rolling.

1 - Cocaine in desk?
If he was using, there is no way he would just leave that there in his desk like that.
And especially if he had an elaborate plan to off himself. I doubt he would leave that in his desk or forget it was there. It seems to me that it was purposely placed there and I am not convinced he put it there.

If he was going to frame that other person he again would just not leave it there.

Could someone else have put it there to add fuel to the fire to make sure all the focus is on him? Its possible IMO.

Before he was outed, if higher ups were involved in his schemes, they too would want the focus on him being GI-Joe that can do no wrong and maybe were hoping that the mystery of his death would just remain a mystery forever. Throw him a big shin-dig. Parade over, murderers never are found, and things die down. Story goes away and nobody finds out about funds being missing. End of Story.

If others are involved, every piece of dirt needs to be thrown at him to keep focus on him.
Was this good investigative work done super quick OR did they know all along about these things because some were tied in.

Things like the death threats/framing of others, his son's sham wedding for benefits, etc.

And notice it is ALL at him and his family only. Notice they are only outing him and his family. Gotta throw them under bus and keep focus there. What about higher ups or people he reported to?

I realize a lot of this is pure speculation but it does make you wonder where this stops. It seems too large to stop with just him single handidly doing everything.

The bottom line is there is no doubt Joe was involved in lots of dirty dealings. The question now becomes whether other non-family were involved in some of his dealings.
And if so, will we ever find out. The people doing the investigating maybe some of the same people tied to things OR they may get pressure not to say anything.

I agree with just about everything you have said here. The cocaine in the desk just feels like someone is shoving it in our faces, see! See how crooked he was. I don't doubt that he was not a good person and had faults but that just seems so ridiculously odd... especially given how he died. It would seem there had to be SOME planning involved (otherwise why delete emails and texts?), I just can't see someone strategically staging his suicide to look like a murder... leaving behind cocaine in his desk. Wouldn't that cast some suspicion? I would think it would... and he was planning on going out as a hero.

My sense is that Behan was DEFINITELY involved. Someone else pointed out that prior to Behan becoming chief, the other chiefs kept him kind of in check (or held him more accountable for his actions). Seems he had a friend in Behan... and I'm guessing other cops on the force. My husband grew up in the area and that police department has always been crooked.

ETA: These are all just my thoughts, opinions, and observations...

After reflecting on Lt.Gliniewicz's personnel records,a few thoughts...

Take a party town
north of Chicago that's basically all about bars,boats,bikinis,getting drunk and getting laid.

Add a young cop with a military background,and then.....a couple of years later on a on quiet morning in September there's a horrific terrorist attack.In the days and months that followed,every Cop,Firefighter and Soldier in the United States became heroes.... rock stars.

That's a huge Easter basket full of temptation folks.

I've known a few cops in my time and a few cop's wives too.I'm not particularly surprised that Officer Gliniewicz spent a bit too much time getting drunk and chasing tail.

Putting these two posts together to ask a question.
I'm coming from behind because I ran out of steam last night.

No argument from me in some geo areas LE is being worked to the bone these days and can become disgusted with people in general. It isn't surprising or hard to understand why they may suffer from low moral, burn out and PTSD. That's one side of the story for sure imo.

Seriously though what did JG ever do to make him stand out as a hero?
I read the 132 pages and know there are more pages but being helpful by setting up smooth parking patterns and treating someone in need kindly (stranded man who had flat tire) are hardly actions worthy of hero status.
Also, a cop who was nowhere near the targeted areas during 9-11 isn't going to suffer the same way those who were directly in the line of fire might.

If someone is morally corrupt but rushes into a dangerous situation to save a life, they are a hero in that instance because they acted bravely and selflessly. When they go to their mistress for comfort or whatever it doesn't diminish the singular heroic act imo. The mistress or lateness/drinking too much part diminishes the trustworthiness of the whole person though imo. If I was drowning, I wouldn't shout out, 'because you're a cheater, you can't be the one to save me'. lol!

My question is, was JG ever truly a hero? Did he face real combat as a soldier?

Another thing I learned per one of the 132 pages, the ticket quota thing is true.
I'd heard of that before and think it is a dumb demand. Signed, a civilian.

I quoted an earlier post of mine here above yours that may explain my thoughts.Right around the time September 11th occured,Joe Glieniewicz was just hitting his stride as a young Police Officer.Think back to those days....A lot of American flags everywhere and all Cops,Firefighters and Soldiers were considered heroes.Probably opened a few doors for him here and there,but did he actually do anything normally thought of as heroic beyond the usual sacrifices our Firefighters,Cops and Soldiers make in their careers???

Good question WBG.

He didn't have a good role model for a father,other than that I don't have much sympathy for D.J.Gliniewicz and whatever happens with his Army career.

He knowingly accepted money from the Explorers funds to take vacations and repair his truck.He also benefited more from the sham marriage than his father's mistress did.

D.J. Gliniewicz knowingly appeared at multiple benefits and accepted money from caring people knowing full well of the behind the scenes dirt.When your undeserving father has a funeral worthy of a United States President,your sense of reality might suffer a bit.

I agree and thought my statement was neutral - just pointed out D.J. was done for army wise.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...niewicz-text-messages-20151104-htmlstory.html

text messages here and I don't see the one from the mayor that he said he sent him at 9 the nite before, but there is one to behan were he says she is demanding the complete inventory of explorer central and a financial report.

mayor donny schmidt saying he texted joe the nite before and he didn't respond. I am wondering if this text told him tomorrow (sept 1) was the dead line.

[video=youtube;JEVFq6Uro7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEVFq6Uro7g[/video]

jmo

I quoted an earlier post of mine here above yours that may explain my thoughts.Right around the time September 11th occured,Joe Glieniewicz was just hitting his stride as a young Police Officer.Think back to those days....A lot of American flags everywhere and all Cops,Firefighters and Soldiers were considered heroes.Probably opened a few doors for him here and there,but did he actually do anything normally thought of as heroic beyond the usual sacrifices our Firefighters,Cops and Soldiers make in their careers???

Good question WBG.

CG started his LEO career in the mid 80's. He woukd have already been a well seasoned leo by the time 9-11 occured.

If he was planning on framing someone with the cocaine in his desk I can see him leaving it there.
He may have thought he could stall the lady for a few more days.
Then after she emailed him that morning he realized he couldn't.
Maybe for some reason he didn't go back to the precinct before killing himself.

Or maybe he just realized that planting cocaine on someone might not make sense.
If their fingerprints aren't on it.
If there isn't coke in their system.
If they can prove both of those things...

It would be a bit pointless to do it...

All JMO.

1 - Cocaine in desk?

I agree with just about everything you have said here. The cocaine in the desk just feels like someone is shoving it in our faces, see! See how crooked he was. I don't doubt that he was not a good person and had faults but that just seems so ridiculously odd... especially given how he died. It would seem there had to be SOME planning involved (otherwise why delete emails and texts?), I just can't see someone strategically staging his suicide to look like a murder... leaving behind cocaine in his desk. Wouldn't that cast some suspicion? I would think it would... and he was planning on going out as a hero.

My sense is that Behan was DEFINITELY involved. Someone else pointed out that prior to Behan becoming chief, the other chiefs kept him kind of in check (or held him more accountable for his actions). Seems he had a friend in Behan... and I'm guessing other cops on the force. My husband grew up in the area and that police department has always been crooked.

ETA: These are all just my thoughts, opinions, and observations...

Great posts Hatfield and ~Demeter~
I don't know how much of what you're saying that I agree with,but the cocaine conviently popping up doesn't smell right.

The general public is also locked into Glieniewicz planting things and ordering a hit.That's the story MSMedia's running with.The task force,it was Chris Covelli I believe who stated the "hit" deal was a "theory" that might fit.

Gliniewitz was clearly uninhibited and way over the top in many situations including social media and texting.We may never know if Anne Marrin was truely in danger or if Gliniewicz was being the facetious over the top jerk he so often appeared to be.

I don't know how much of what you're saying that I agree with,but the cocaine conviently popping up doesn't smell right.

The general public is also locked into Glieniewicz planting things and ordering a hit.That's the story MSMedia's running with.The task force,it was Chris Covelli I believe who stated the "hit" deal was a "theory" that might fit.

Gliniewitz was clearly uninhibited and way over the top in many situations including social media and texting.We may never know if Anne Marrin was truely in danger or if Gliniewicz was being the facetious over the top jerk he so often appeared to be.

If he actually talked with a gang member's girlfriend, then I'm leaning towards her truly being in danger.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rator-tried-plant-cocaine-cover-thieving.html

"Gliniewicz also contacted another woman, who police have also refused to name, asking to be put in touch with 'a high ranking gang member'.

Asked why he needed to speak with the gang, Gliniewicz explained that it was 'to put a hit on the village manager'."

It was the planting of the cocaine that was the theory that fit, not the hit.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/c4cb...latest-wife-son-illinois-officer-investigated

MOD ALERT

"ALL" minor children are off limits! Let's not go down that road!

Thanks

He has always been an arrogant fool, it looks to me. I had a boyfriend (briefly, lol) who was clever and funny but so over the top narcissistic and macho...,a vietnam vet , who still thought he was in a war....anyway, my mom calmly told me to move on because he "is an accident looking for a place to happen".....I took her advice. JMO

Good question WBG.

He started his career in law enforcement before I was born and I was in high school French class when the first tower was hit on 9/11. This guy was well into his career and had a family by then.

If he did anything in his career with the military or police that would give him hero status, it would have been mentioned at his funeral services I'm sure. This man was A lot of things but hero was not one of them. I have to say, the picture of his youngest at his memorial service is absolutely heartbreaking. I am praying hard for him.

IKTM said that he really doesn't know much about the other three sons, as DJ was his friend. Which I understand. But I have an impression that DJ is the "golden boy" of the family, and that GI Joe was almost trying to clone DJ into himself... or, his vision of himself. The other siblings DO have rights to privacy, but DJ has been the spokesperson, and is under investigation, so what gives? Of course his friend is not going to incriminate him. But a question for IKTM.....are you confident that DJ is the person you thought that you knew? Were you invited to the wedding? Did he tell you about it? Thanks. JMO

1985 + 8 = 1993.

1985 + 16 = 2001.

Half of 32 is 16.

One Quarter of 32 is 8.

Etc., etc., and so forth.

MOD ALERT

"ALL" minor children are off limits! Let's not go down that road!

Thanks

Am I understanding that we are not to even consider the possibility that children might have been also victimized in all of this?

Am I understanding that we are not to even consider the possibility that children might have been also victimized in all of this?
No, but children should be referred to only in the most general terms. Beware of posts which will open the door to mention of a specific child.

While often not obvious to members, mods know where a discussion is aimed before it happens. I'm not referring to any particular post, simply an FYI.

Realize that a lot goes on behind the scenes. If you are thinking to yourself "Those moderators are either total idiots or they know something I do not", it's safe to assume we know something you do not.

Rules: Etiquette & Information

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back