IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, but children should be referred to only in the most general terms. Beware of posts which will open the door to mention of a specific child.

While often not obvious to members, mods know where a discussion is aimed before it happens. I'm not referring to any particular post, simply an FYI.

Realize that a lot goes on behind the scenes. If you are thinking to yourself "Those moderators are either total idiots or they know something I do not", it's safe to assume we know something you do not.

Rules: Etiquette & Information

Thanks Bessie.

It is in that vein (generality), that I would not be surprised to find out that JG had abused his position of authority with the young members of the explorer's group. I hope they are all being offered counseling at this point. Regardless of whether there was any actual abuse or not.

I think Gleniewicz taking A PATROL CAR to take his family on a vacation to Wisconsin is over the cliff!! How could Fox Lake P.D. not notice one of their fleet- did Fox Lake have a total of what, 3,4,5 marked patrol cars?? - of marked police cars was just 'gone' for a couple of weeks ????? !!!! ???? :snooty: I'm no police officer & don't know their rules & protocol, & I sure could be ALL OFF on this matter, but it would seem somewhat logical to me (at least) that police departments go around and do a head count on their 3,4,5 fleet of marked patrol cars every so often -- doesn't that kinda, sorta, meebee, seem like something one would expect a police department to do.... Sigh: Maybe police departments just do a patrol car count monthly, like how often monthly is when the little work fridge has the 'old' food thrown out...... Pardon me for pushing on this point, but if you are a little police force with 3,4,5 marked patrol cars, & 3 shifts of police officers every day using those cars, SOMEBODY would notice if one of the cars was PLAIN GONE FOR 2 WEEKS !!:tantrum:

My guess is that we know the just prior police chief is under investigation & they're released dam@ing details so far, so my guess would be that the prior chief was in on the Wisconsin Vacation caper. Perhaps Glewiewicz drove by the Madison, WI police headquarters on his way to The Wisconsin Dells, & that way he could call it a bona fide police work business trip for which he needed a marked patrol car?

My guess would be that he wanted a marked car so he could get easily away with speeding - IMO, my guess.

I also find it incredible that Gleniewicz let his pals go fill up their gas tanks from the police gas pump !! WOW.

And the letter to the Mayor (in Glenewicz's personnel file) that is SIGNED 'ANONYMOUSLY BY THE FOX LAKE POLICE OFFICERS' is a WOW !!!

And then the MSM news about a 'sham marriage' to defraud the US Government...........whoa!

Note to self: Next time passing through ILL, remember to stop at Fox Lake to fill up my gas tank....

If he actually talked with a gang member's girlfriend, then I'm leaning towards her truly being in danger.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rator-tried-plant-cocaine-cover-thieving.html

"Gliniewicz also contacted another woman, who police have also refused to name, asking to be put in touch with 'a high ranking gang member'.

Asked why he needed to speak with the gang, Gliniewicz explained that it was 'to put a hit on the village manager'."

The Outlaws Motorcycle Club was supposed to execute a hit on some village bean counter for a cop???

Text messages Gliniewicz had sent, which authorities revealed Wednesday, appeared to suggest threats against Village Administrator Anne Marrin. Investigators have also seen evidence that Gliniewicz had made contact with a woman linked to the Outlaws motorcycle gang to discuss the possibility of a gang member doing harm to Marrin, said multiple sources with knowledge of the investigation. The interest in harming the official is one of several areas of possible wrongdoing still under investigation, the sources said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...s/ct-fox-lake-cop-suicide-20151104-story.html

Looking through some back village meeting notes. Too bad Fox Lake only publishes a year back. Will be interesting to see how things play out around Behan, from this farewell to the village board on Sept. 8, 15. BBM

Mayor Schmit stated that Chief Mike Behan has asked to address the Board and we will do that at this time.
“Chief Mike Behan stated that he could not leave without coming to see you. My retirement date was August 28th . I want to be the first one to say that I thank the Village for allowing me a job in 1982. I came here with great expectations and I actually fell in love with this Village way before then. I have been in this town for 40 years. I saw in 1982, when I became a Police Officer here, what everyone saw yesterday. The town in so loving and so caring and comes to your aid almost every chance they get. That is what most police officers feel here. I have been seeing that for many years and that is what made it my town. I think I went to see Trustee Murrey because we have history for a long time; we met back in 1982 or 1983 with his brother Dave at Price Towing. Trustee Jensen, we hung with the same people in high school and throughout. Your father was actually on the Board when I got sworn in, in 1982. Trustee Stochl are our family friends and have been friends for years, without a doubt. Trustee Marr, I believe I met you a couple of times before. But the one day my sons and I were mowing a grass for an older man who couldn ’ t do it, and I met you and your beautiful wife and you both came out and helped us. Trustee Konwent, you have always been the woman to go to for Leisure Village. It has been a lot of history here. Thirty-three years is a long time and I love it here. Mayor, we met in 19 76 you were a life guard at Holiday Park. The day you put up the tower at the Police Department on your own time and your own equipment, we became friends. So, it is a long history. I have done many programs and I love this town and I think you have said it many time with what has happened with Lt. Gliniewicz, if you caught me it ’ s going to be Fox Lake blue. I have no ill feelings at all. No one forced me to retire. It ’ s time. It ’ s been a long career, 33 years. I chose to do that, no one on this Board did, no one in the Village did. It was my decision and I think it was the right one. There is a lot of stuff going on. I do want to thank my family and they have been tremendous through all of this. My wife Beth, my mother, my sisters and Brother in laws and everyone here has affected my life one way or another. I truly appreciate everything they have done for me. The relationship between the Fire Department and the Police Department is probably from the relationship I have with the Fire Chief, Ron Hoehne. Everyone in here I have had a relationship with and they are wonderful people. I could not have done half of the things I have done in this Village for the citizens of this community if it wasn ’ t for Mario Martinez. I call him my Brother that is Docker ’ s. Mario has done everything for me. From the towing companies: Terry ’ s and Fox Towing. We are all personal friends and we have done a job together. I have truly appreciated everyone who has come to my aid when I have asked. It has been a wonderful career I can ’ t say anything bad. If you need anything, I am here and I am going to be watching. (Laughter) I will be going to the Village events. When I became Chief 10 years ago I started some programs that I would like to see continued.
· Shop with a Cop

· Halloween Party
· Bike rodeo
· National Night Out
· Senior out Reach
· Citizens Police Academy
· Drug Outreach program

· Neighborhood watch
· Crime Free Housing (which is an Ordinance)
· New Year’s Eve Ride Home

Mike stated that there are many programs that he is very proud of. We are in need right now. We have a lot of hurt going on and we need good leaders and all of you are. The Citizens are behind you, I am behind you and I am proud of Fox Lake and I always will be. Thank you! ” Mayor Schmit stated that not only for the 33 years of service to our community that I am going to commend you. In our time of need Tuesday morning, five minutes after I knew it was Joe, I called you. You came into the Village and told the widow that her husband had died. You told her son that his father had died. You did no police work at all, but what you did for this Village cannot be measured and no matter what happens Mike I will never forget what you did for us and for her family.

http://www.foxlake.org/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/1060

I mean let's be honest here... Two adults and four kids in a squad car road tripping to summer vacay?

I'd rather die.

Sounds like mrs g didn't have very high standards. If my husband ever suggested that, I'd refer him to a psychiatrist to have his damn head examined.

What losers.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

There aren't even enough seat belts! Clearly they were not the best parents either (for so many other reasons too) Gah. Barf.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

I think Gleniewicz taking A PATROL CAR to take his family on a vacation to Wisconsin is over the cliff!! How could Fox Lake P.D. not notice one of their fleet- did Fox Lake have a total of what, 3,4,5 marked patrol cars?? - of marked police cars was just 'gone' for a couple of weeks ????? !!!! ???? :snooty: I'm no police officer & don't know their rules & protocol, & I sure could be ALL OFF on this matter, but it would seem somewhat logical to me (at least) that police departments go around and do a head count on their 3,4,5 fleet of marked patrol cars every so often -- doesn't that kinda, sorta, meebee, seem like something one would expect a police department to do.... Sigh: Maybe police departments just do a patrol car count monthly, like how often monthly is when the little work fridge has the 'old' food thrown out...... Pardon me for pushing on this point, but if you are a little police force with 3,4,5 marked patrol cars, & 3 shifts of police officers every day using those cars, SOMEBODY would notice if one of the cars was PLAIN GONE FOR 2 WEEKS !!:tantrum:

My guess is that we know the just prior police chief is under investigation & they're released dam@ing details so far, so my guess would be that the prior chief was in on the Wisconsin Vacation caper. Perhaps Glewiewicz drove by the Madison, WI police headquarters on his way to The Wisconsin Dells, & that way he could call it a bona fide police work business trip for which he needed a marked patrol car?

My guess would be that he wanted a marked car so he could get easily away with speeding - IMO, my guess.

I also find it incredible that Gleniewicz let his pals go fill up their gas tanks from the police gas pump !! WOW.

And the letter to the Mayor (in Glenewicz's personnel file) that is SIGNED 'ANONYMOUSLY BY THE FOX LAKE POLICE OFFICERS' is a WOW !!!

And then the MSM news about a 'sham marriage' to defraud the US Government...........whoa!

Note to self: Next time passing through ILL, remember to stop at Fox Lake to fill up my gas tank....

[Clarification]

Just a few things regarding this statement. Firstly his squad car I believe was all black, an undercover look, every time I saw him in his squad car it was that one.

Second. The pump for the squad cars is a pretty good distance from the actual station with no real good view of who is actually pumping. (If my memory serves me correctly) After looking at the google earth images it's a lot closer than I remembered or pictured it being but either way it's something that wouldn't be hard to get away with. The pump station is behind the station near the skate park.

Speaking of skate park, did anyone read about the incident of vandalism that took place at Adeline Geo-Karis skate park in Fox Lake in 2013? There was a lot of graffiti, some of targeted at 2 FLPD officers (not Gliniewicz). All you have to do is Google vandalism and Adeline Geo-Karis skate park.

QUESTIONS FOR IKTM

1. What was Melodie like?
2. Were you ever in their home? What was that like?
3. Did they seem to have a lot of expensive "toys", clothing, status stuff?
4. Were you aware of his philandering?
5. Would you still be friends with him today if he were alive and you knew what we all know now?
6. Did Mel ever work outside the home? She described herself as "self-employed". Do you know if she had her own business?
7. Do you know what Joe's attitude was toward people of other races?
8. Do you think other cops in the FLPD knew about what he was up to? Do you think more people will be investigated besides Mel, DJ and Behan?

CTIshg-WsAAWd2F.jpg

Well, Joe did like tattoos -- maybe he'd like this one too.

Hindsight changes a lot of feelings, but not all of them.

A lot of talk here about how the locals feel here in Fox Lake. I obv can't speak for everyone, but I can tell you how I and others that I have talked to, feel about this mess.

As most here know, I was not one that thought suicide was a reality. Truth is, no matter how much I defended against the suicide, there were times I really did feel that that's what made the most sense. The days leading to the announcement of the ruling I was leaning more towards believing it was a suicide. I was in no way expecting the harshness of the latest press conference. I believe most weren't expecting it to be that ugly.

I did spend a lot of time with this case. I supported the FLPD and the task force. I supported the family.

I, with friends and family, spent over 4 hours standing by the roadside in the 90+ deg heat to watch the procession go by. Which in itself was something you had to see personally to get the feeling that was portrayed. It wasn't all about the hearse driving by. In fact, that was a very anticlimactic moment. The impressive part of the whole thing was watching LE from across the nation go by and see their respect and support for a fallen brother. It was impressive seeing the community support all the officers driving by. The sense of support that those officers received that day speaks volumes. There was no "war against cops" that afternoon. Not here.

As far as I know, the community never played into the race card that outsiders might think would come from a predominately white community. Never once did I hear a conversation that would put more blame on the "1 black" from the "2 white".

When it's all said and done, I'm proud for the way the locals stood behind who they thought was a true hero. Someone that gave their life to serve and protect. This community really came together in ways that cannot be properly portrayed from the news feeds or "on the scene footage".

It's not about hindsight. Or knowing then what we know now. It's about the showing of support we all saw for each other in a time of sorrow and confusion. Confusion as to why so many good people die from the violence of others. Seems to happen more and more these days.

In short, no regrets here. Fox Lake may now be considered the armpit of small town American corruption. But we are defiantly on the road to changing that.

Hindsight changes a lot of feelings, but not all of them.

A lot of talk here about how the locals feel here in Fox Lake. I obv can't speak for everyone, but I can tell you how I and others that I have talked to, feel about this mess.

As most here know, I was not one that thought suicide was a reality. Truth is, no matter how much I defended against the suicide, there were times I really did feel that that's what made the most sense. The days leading to the announcement of the ruling I was leaning more towards believing it was a suicide. I was in no way expecting the harshness of the latest press conference. I believe most weren't expecting it to be that ugly.

I did spend a lot of time with this case. I supported the FLPD and the task force. I supported the family.

I, with friends and family, spent over 4 hours standing by the roadside in the 90+ deg heat to watch the procession go by. Which in itself was something you had to see personally to get the feeling that was portrayed. It wasn't all about the hearse driving by. In fact, that was a very anticlimactic moment. The impressive part of the whole thing was watching LE from across the nation go by and see their respect and support for a fallen brother. It was impressive seeing the community support all the officers driving by. The sense of support that those officers received that day speaks volumes. There was no "war against cops" that afternoon. Not here.

As far as I know, the community never played into the race card that outsiders might think would come from a predominately white community. Never once did I hear a conversation that would put more blame on the "1 black" from the "2 white".

When it's all said and done, I'm proud for the way the locals stood behind who they thought was a true hero. Someone that gave their life to serve and protect. This community really came together in ways that cannot be properly portrayed from the news feeds or "on the scene footage".

It's not about hindsight. Or knowing then what we know now. It's about the showing of support we all saw for each other in a time of sorrow and confusion. Confusion as to why so many good people die from the violence of others. Seems to happen more and more these days.

In short, no regrets here. Fox Lake may now be considered the armpit of small town American corruption. But we are defiantly on the road to changing that.

You have encapsulated my thoughts and feelings quite nicely... we also stood at the roadside to watch the procession go by. It was truly amazing, a once in a lifetime sort of experience. I'm glad my oldest daughter stuck it out with me (my younger kids wound up going home with daddy because it was too hot and not enough to keep them occupied for the time we were sitting out there).

Hopefully, as a community, we can move past this. I love what someone (Epic Deli, I think) said about not forgetting what this has brought us... and how we have come together as a community to show love and support because those were all very good things to come from such a crazy thing.

I don't think anyone thinks poorly of Fox Lake after all of this. If anything, the town will be seen as victims. The town was victimized by Joe and the police department that duped people into thinking he was a hero, by failing to fire him ages ago, and nip the problem he became in the bud.

To me, the saddest part is, even in death, Joe manipulated people to get the funeral and procession due an officer killed in the line of duty. A real hero. Joe got the final word as to how he was going out of this life and the type of memorial that would be held. Tsk, tsk!

There aren't even enough seat belts! Clearly they were not the best parents either (for so many other reasons too) Gah. Barf.

LOL. So he shoved all three kids in the back with the cage and kick bars on the windows? Plus they would have to be let out at all stops since the inside back door handles don't work.

I don't think anyone thinks poorly of Fox Lake after all of this. If anything, the town will be seen as victims. The town was victimized by Joe and the police department that duped people into thinking he was a hero, by failing to fire him ages ago, and nip the problem he became in the bud.

To the locals, I totally agree with Montjoy.....CJG's actions in no way reflect on the townspeople.

I do have a question for the locals though & it's based on my need to understand the psychological components in cases. If you don't mind answering, what is thought to be the turning point that made CJG go from good cop to bad? Was there a particular incident or event? I feel there had to be some type of "strain" of sorts that precipitated him to go down a bad path. What was it & when?

Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back