Found Deceased IL - Robert Bee, 13, Pekin, 17 Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe that the men abducted from Normal and found in Peoria were taken with the intent of some sort of monetary gain. Robert's mother seems to have little resources so I wouldn't think that is the case but like you I do hope this is not some scary epidemic in the area!

I've been wondering all along if a motive to take Robert WAS financially motivated, but not necessarily because of the mom's resources (or lack thereof). Maybe someone was hoping that Robert's disappearance would yield more than a measly $1000 reward and they are holding him waiting for it to increase. Maybe a certain person's lack of concern is because they know Robert is OK because they are aware of/part of this plan? His own mom has said he is ok, right? I'm probably reaching here but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some movement on this case if they increase the reward.

RSBM

Interesting comment below this link.

And yes, the part of the article saying that le hopes the concern for Robert is high... is very strange--- who wouldn't be worried ?
I'd be sick. My life would be in shambles.
Makes no sense to me at all !!
:moo:

Yes, me too. I keep forgetting Robert has seizures. Depending on what he takes, it could be very hard on his teeth and gums too. Can make them bleed very easily. That is a very good tip though. Pekin Police Public Information Officer Mike Eeten.

There is still a reward:

Authorities are offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to Bee.

http://www.1470wmbd.com/police-still-receiving-tips-bee-jr/

I think if Robert is found, they should ask him if he wants to stay with his mother or perhaps he would rather stay with his grandmother? I believe she stated she would welcome Robert.

Why are some members referring to Robert by a different name? I found this very confusing. I think it would be a good idea to call him Robert since that is the name on the thread and newcomers will be able to follow along better.

I am also confused about the truancy officer's contact with Robert. Did the officer see the boy run away? Or did LB tell the officer her son ran away? When is the last (confirmed) time Robert was actually seen by someone other than his mother?

Why are some members referring to Robert by a different name? I found this very confusing. I think it would be a good idea to call him Robert since that is the name on the thread and newcomers will be able to follow along better.

I am also confused about the truancy officer's contact with Robert. Did the officer see the boy run away? Or did LB tell the officer her son ran away? When is the last (confirmed) time Robert was actually seen by someone other than his mother?

According to the official missing flyer, Robert is known as "Bonsai". I'm not sure if it's his nickname or his middle name. I've seen it spelled two ways on WB - Bonzai and Bonsai.

Unless I've missing something, I don't believe we have LE confirmation of anyone seeing Robert after the encounter with the truancy officer.

I keep reading different versions of what happened. I'm sorry for all the questions. I'm trying to figure out if the truancy officer actually made contact with Robert and saw with his own eyes the boy running away from the house or if the mother told the officer Robert ran away because of the officer's arrival. Also, how long had the boy been out of school? I'm curious about this because I've seen many cases where a child has actually been missing for a lot longer than anyone knows. If the officer saw the boy that day, then we know for sure when he disappeared. If he didn't see Robert, then how do we know he hadn't been gone a lot longer than is being reported.

I keep reading different versions of what happened. I'm sorry for all the questions. I'm trying to figure out if the truancy officer actually made contact with Robert and saw with his own eyes the boy running away from the house or if the mother told the officer Robert ran away because of the officer's arrival. Also, how long had the boy been out of school? I'm curious about this because I've seen many cases where a child has actually been missing for a lot longer than anyone knows. If the officer saw the boy that day, then we know for sure when he disappeared. If he didn't see Robert, then how do we know he hadn't been gone a lot longer than is being reported.

Yes, based on all reports the Truancy Officer did see Robert on Thursday. Below is info pulled from a previous post. I personally believe this to be the most accurate account.

According to a Nixle alert issued by PPD on Mon., Nov. 21st at 11:05 a.m. CST:
"On Thursday November 17th, Pekin Police were called to a residence on Sapp Street to assist a Truancy Officer. Upon Police arrival, the 13 year old male known to be Robert Bee Jr. fled from the Police of foot. When Robert did not return to his mother’s house on Friday, she reported him as a runaway ." (BBM)
https://local.nixle.com/alert/5783043/

I have not seen any reports on how long or how much Robert had been out of school.

A child may not be absent from a public school without valid cause for 5 percent or more of the previous 180 regular attendance days, or 9 days. Prior to 2011, Illinois law prohibited a child from being absent from a public school for 10 percent or more of the previous 180 regular attendance days, or 18 days. Valid cause is defined as illness, observance of a religious holiday, death in the immediate family or a family emergency. Because absences are based on the previous 180 regular attendance days, and not the current school year, it’s possible that a child could be in violation of the law in the first few days of a new school year.

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/did-...r-illinois-truancy-law-could-put-you-in-jail/

Yes, based on all reports the Truancy Officer did see Robert on Thursday. Below is info pulled from a previous post. I personally believe this to be the most accurate account.

I have not seen any reports on how long or how much Robert had been out of school.

While the report certainly sounds like the truancy officer saw Robert, it doesn't actually state that. Is it possible that the officer showed up at the front door, mom answers & says "Let me go get him." (leaving the officer on the porch). She returns a minute or two later stating he just ran out the back door/window?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While the report certainly sounds like the truancy officer saw Robert, it doesn't actually state that. Is it possible that the officer showed up at the front door, mom answers & says "Let me go get him." (leaving the officer on the porch). She returns a minute or two later stating he just ran out the back door/window?

See post #11 in this string. It has multiple links that allow a reader to get an idea of what took place on the day Robert went missing.

See post #11 in this string. It has multiple links that allow a reader to get an idea of what took place on the day Robert went missing.

Just re-read it & again, while it implies that the officers saw him, it doesn't actually say it. If my suggestion (not sure I buy it myself, just tossing ideas out) were true, I could still see it reported as it was/is.

Did the mom actually say he returned home later before asking to stay the night at his friend's house? Or is it possible he called from the friend's house (or elsewhere) & asked?

So, the TO didn't actually go after Robert and try to talk to him ? Did the TO talk a bit more with LB ?
Not saying the TO felt like he'd "..done his job", and the rest was someone else's problem.

Just find it odd that the TO could've seen him ,and watched Robert run off -- and didn't make an effort to find out where he went.
Not sure what their protocol in that situation would be --do they have to follow up if a kid flees ?

Sorry to say this and I mean no disrespect ----- but I'm getting a visual image of a boy NO ONE really cared about.
Except maybe the ones who knew Robert but were barred from seeing/talking to him ? That bolded bit was from another post/link.
The longer this goes on, the more I fear the worst.

Eta : Went back to re-read post # 11. It's too bad some of the msm links vary from each other , and can be frustratingly vague.

My apologies for quoting my own post. So there appears to be confusion over exactly when Robert disappeared:

According to a Nixle alert issued by PPD on Mon., Nov. 21st at 11:05 a.m. CST:
"On Thursday November 17th, Pekin Police were called to a residence on Sapp Street to assist a Truancy Officer. Upon Police arrival, the 13 year old male known to be Robert Bee Jr. fled from the Police of foot. When Robert did not return to his mother’s house on Friday, she reported him as a runaway ." (BBM)
https://local.nixle.com/alert/5783043/

According to a FB post by PPD on Wed., Nov. 23rd at 11:39 a.m.:
"Robert Bee (13) who ran away last Thursday, has not been located."
https://www.facebook.com/2321994868...199486832529/1352094908176309/?type=3&theater

According to a ciproud.com article from Mon., Nov. 21 at 5:23 p.m.:
"Police say 13-year-old Robert Bee Junior ran away from his home on the 200 block of Sapp Street in Pekin last Thursday after an argument with a truancy officer in front of his house.
'The 13-year-old male took off running from the police and when he did not return home, his mother reported him as a runaway,' said Pekin Police Det. Mike Eeten.
His mother is telling neighbors and volunteer searchers a different story while they look for her son.
'It was Friday morning, his friend walked him to the bus stop and he didn't get on the bus, he didn't go to school,' Bee said.
Now those inconsistencies are creating worry for the volunteers.
<snipped by me>
"Pekin police tell us the teen is listed as endangered because of the cold weather and the uncertainty of his situation."
http://www.centralillinoisproud.com/news/local-news/search-continues-for-missing-teenager-in-pekin
(Also, "His mother says he also suffers from epilepsy and has seizures as a result.": http://www.cinewsnow.com/news/local/Volunteers-search-for-missing-Pekin-boy-402334766.html)

So, what I have deduced is that Robert was definitely seen by the Truancy Officer and LE on Thursday; according to Robert's mom, the following morning a friend of Robert's walked him to the bus stop, but he didn't get on the bus and he didn't go to school, but as far as I can tell, LE haven't made any reference to this. Hmmm ... even more worried for Robert ... :(.

Also, according to an earlier NIXLE alert issued by PPD, "Robert is 4'6" and 110 pounds. Robert was last seen wearing a red/grey shirt with jeans, and red Nike shoes."
https://local.nixle.com/alert/5781493/

RSBM

Have to wonder what was said during that argument. Was it between Robert and the TO ?
Or was the argument between LB and the TO ?
Did LB say, for instance, "(paraphrased by me)... Yes, Robert will be in school tomorrow--what's the problem...?"

I keep thinking there may be clues... in the last known sighting and conversation with Robert . Did he appear to be fine physically ?
Was he (Robert) afraid, or angry ? :(

I believe that the men abducted from Normal and found in Peoria were taken with the intent of some sort of monetary gain. Robert's mother seems to have little resources so I wouldn't think that is the case but like you I do hope this is not some scary epidemic in the area!

Yes, the man and his son were kidnapped for the purpose of ramsom since they had won the lottery a few months ago. The man was killed but his son survived and a suspect was arrested. Little chance this crime is connected to Robert's disappearance.

Still thinking of you Robert...every single day. Where are you?

This case reminds me of Jesse Wilson in AZ. [emoji22]

This article seems to be based on LE's specific responses to specific questions about this case and yet the questions themselves are not present in the article.

For instance: This quote from Pekin Police Deputy Chief Don Baxter

&#8220;I can&#8217;t say what the family&#8217;s level of concern is. I would hope it is high,&#8221; Baxter said http://www.1470wmbd.com/police-still-receiving-tips-bee-jr/

Seems to be in response to a question. It doesn't read like something LE would volunteer without prompting by SOMETHING. So my question is - what was the specific question from the reporter which prompted that particular response?

Irritating that we are left with that concerning quote but not what elicited it in the first place. In this instance, I think knowning the exact question might shed a lot more light on the answer given.

Frustrating indeed. Every day I look for an update on Robert. Where are you?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Wonder if is mother bought him a Christmas gift or she knew better - very, very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7
Back