Found Deceased IL - Robert Bee, 13, Pekin, 17 Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It actually doesn't sound like a question at all, but rather an 'Easter Egg' - it's a way of saying something, of providing information without being direct about it. It's like they're leaving the public a clue, and in the process, probably making the family nervous - nervous enough to maybe make a mistake...

This article seems to be based on LE's specific responses to specific questions about this case and yet the questions themselves are not present in the article.

For instance: This quote from Pekin Police Deputy Chief Don Baxter

“I can’t say what the family’s level of concern is. I would hope it is high,” Baxter said http://www.1470wmbd.com/police-still-receiving-tips-bee-jr/

Seems to be in response to a question. It doesn't read like something LE would volunteer without prompting by SOMETHING. So my question is - what was the specific question from the reporter which prompted that particular response?

Irritating that we are left with that concerning quote but not what elicited it in the first place. In this instance, I think knowning the exact question might shed a lot more light on the answer given.

I took it as both, a response to a question that afforded an opportunity to drop the easter egg and suggest something without saying it.

I didn't know truancy officers still existed lol. They certainly don't in my city in michigan.

When I was in high school I was really sick and missed a ton of classes. Even though they had implemented a stricter attendance policy my senior year, I was never contacted nor were my parents for all my absences despite the new rules. I had to wait for a spot to open up in my school's homebound program and in the meantime I would go to the classes I could and leave when I felt sick, it varied but usually after 3rd hour. Luckily I never failed a class because I was on top of getting my work that I missed but my point is that I think the policy at my school was no more than 8 or 9 absences a year and I had more than that in a month or two. I suppose the principal knew I was waiting to be put on homebound but I knew of plenty of kids who would skip classes often(I wasn't one of them lol I was your typical good girl, on pom and good grades despite my horrific attendance once my illness progressed) . I guess reading this I was surprised because I thought truancy officers were something that existed 30 years ago lol not today. We did have what we called "Camaro cop", he didn't go inside the school, it was just a new style camero that was a cop car painted silver and you couldn't really see any police markings on that circled the school to catch the crappy teen drivers lol

Reading this thread it looks like truancy officers write tickets the parents have to pay? Is this even if the parent calls in to excuse the absense? Seems to me that even if a kid was blowing off classes, that a parent would just lie and say she allowed him to stay home just to avoid the ticket which leads me to wonder if these tickets are given regardless of if it's an excused absense or not?

It's so sad how this child doesn't seem to have a motivated enough family to get his name and picture out there. This is a defenseless child :( his family should take a look at danielle stislicki's families efforts, her Facebook page has been seen by millions according to an article I read. I loved how her friends posted a video and said in it how all they have to help find her is their voices so they will never stop screaming her name until she comes home, that is what this child Robert needs...perhaps if he is hiding somewhere, seeing his family rallying together and displaying their passion and love would be enough to convince him to come home (that being said, with how long it has been I worry the decision may not be his to make).

In my state (NSW Australia) we have 'home school liaison officers' that are basically truancy officers. It doesn't take much to be referred on to them. My daughter had a couple of absences that due to a problem with the system were marked as unapproved, even though I'd submitted them in the school app as approved by me due to illness. I got a warning letter saying they had no notice so were going to refer them on to the department. Two absences! And we have no history of issues at all. But that's how strictly it's run. And there is a limit on absences that are even parent-approved before the principal has to approve or hand your case over as well. I think up to 10 a year.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Robert, you're still in my prayers every night. Such a precious boy, and to have such a seemingly difficult upbringing. "I'm sorry" just doesn't seem enough.

In my state (NSW Australia) we have 'home school liaison officers' that are basically truancy officers. It doesn't take much to be referred on to them. My daughter had a couple of absences that due to a problem with the system were marked as unapproved, even though I'd submitted them in the school app as approved by me due to illness. I got a warning letter saying they had no notice so were going to refer them on to the department. Two absences! And we have no history of issues at all. But that's how strictly it's run. And there is a limit on absences that are even parent-approved before the principal has to approve or hand your case over as well. I think up to 10 a year.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Wow.. my school district in Illinois our hand book reads "Students shall be permitted no more than seven excused absences, including vacations, per school year based upon parental/guardian confirmation for the reasons of the absence. After the student has been excused seven times in one school year, additional excused absences for illnesses may only be verified through a written medical statement from a physician. After seven excused absences, the school office will notify the parents/guardians by certified mail. Other excused absences will be limited to death in the family, a family emergency requiring the absence of the student (this must be approved by the administrator at the building level), religious reasons that prohibit attendance for a given time or other reasons determined by the administration. The parent/guardian must verify the reasons for such absences." School has overall say about what's excused from the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly a student can miss something like 30 days before they are automatically failed for attendance and even then under certain circumstances it can be appealed. However the schools do start getting alarmed after much less and will usually start to look into what is happening. They get involved because after a certain amount of absences in the school causes them to loose funding. So they issue the guidelines of how many each student can have. I don't believe they have the title of truant officer anymore though. They are liaisons or in bigger communities part of the youth division of the police department.

Very sad.... this case will be abandoned very soon since there is no new news... very sad. What a terrible life, with his missing front tooth, this little boy must have had.

Lisa had a truancy hearing today which she didn't show up for. Bonsai's half sister Stephanie comments here. This is totally frustrating and maddening!!

http://www.week.com/story/34176230/mother-of-missing-pekin-boy-no-show-in-court
I cannot even begin to express my contempt for this woman not even showing up! I may be wrong to express these feelings..... But to me this screams "I DON'T CARE!" I've had some experience with truancy court. One was with my daughter who had a documented illness. THAT was frustrating. The other was with my almost 17 year old son who'd had a history of "negative interactions" with adults in school. My kid was a jerk and I knew I had some responsibility. My husband and I had to both go to court to set the example. We had to face the music WITH him because we did give a damn. In the end it did matter to my son. Took a few years but he's a good man. And I had some responsibility in that, too!

So.....This woman just blew off her son. IMNSHO told us all she just doesn't care.

I'm so sorry, Bonsai. I hope you see how many of us do care!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What a slap in the face to not even show up to the hearing!

I cannot even begin to express my contempt for this woman not even showing up! I may be wrong to express these feelings..... But to me this screams "I DON'T CARE!" I've had some experience with truancy court. One was with my daughter who had a documented illness. THAT was frustrating. The other was with my almost 17 year old son who'd had a history of "negative interactions" with adults in school. My kid was a jerk and I knew I had some responsibility. My husband and I had to both go to court to set the example. We had to face the music WITH him because we did give a damn. In the end it did matter to my son. Took a few years but he's a good man. And I had some responsibility in that, too!

So.....This woman just blew off her son. IMNSHO told us all she just doesn't care.

I'm so sorry, Bonsai. I hope you see how many of us do care!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I do think if it was my kid missing, I would probably be too preoccupied with finding him & overwhelmed with worry to bother with a truancy hearing. However, sadly, I don't believe that is the case here.

My heart hurts for this little boy. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, if you missed his only vigil.. I don't believe anyone really expected her to show up for the hearing.

There were actually 2 vigils. She showed up for neither. Word on the street also says she has moved. So, if Bonsai does return, how the heck does he find her?? Who the hell acts this way when their child is missing?? Sitting on my hands so as to not say more of what I feel and believe about this woman.

Well, libraryg.. I'm not sitting on my hands! His "mother" is the key for this whole investigation. It just kills me to know that one can be like this. I have no words or adjectives for Robert's "mother". My heart is hearting so bad for him right now. Praying for justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back