Recovered/Located IL - Sergio Brown, 35, Former NFL Safety, his mom Myrtle Brown was found dead & he is missing, Maywood, 14 - 16 Sep 2023 *arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SB may be actively posting again only this time on X (formerly known as Twitter) and replying to comments.

Three posts were made 8 hours ago.

Well, It's not a verified account but it has been active for over 13 years........

The verified checkmark is now paid (and those who didn't pay had it removed). Check archive.org to see if it was verified before this year.

Edit: Sergio Brown (@SergioBrown38) | Twitter he was verified before.

This is just blowing my mind, how is he still running around? Possibly posting & replying to comments on "X" and now appears to be partying it up in Tulum? SMH

EX-NFLER SERGIO BROWN DANCES, PARTIES AT TULUM CLUB... As Probe Into Mom's Death Continues​

10/3/2023 12:15 AM PT​

"Ex-NFL player Sergio Brown was spotted in Tulum on Sunday ... dancing and partying his face off -- this despite an ongoing police investigation into the death of his mother."

"It's unclear where the investigation into Myrtle's death now stands ... we reached out to the Maywood Police Dept. multiple times on Monday but have yet to hear back."

Ex-NFLer Sergio Brown Parties In Tulum As Investigation Into Mom's Death Continues

1696342523823.png

BBM
~

Last edited:
Former NFL player Sergio Brown was spotted partying in Tulum this week after claiming the murder of his mother in Illinois was 'fake news' in a series of unhinged Instagram videos.

Brown's mother Myrtle was beaten to death and dumped in a creek behind their house in Maywood, Illinois.

Her body was found on September 16. He was reported missing alongside her by his concerned brother Nick.
Hmmm.

At this time, I do think Sergio could be unhinged, or he could be faking it ( & I don't think that's entirely impossible ).

Wonder where he's getting his money from ?
He seems to be able to look after himself.
If he thought his mom was initially on a vacay , why did he flee ?
It looks like he made himself absent from her house where she was apparently letting him live; and also removed himself to a place where he couldn't be questioned.
This is so unsettling.

He might have had his own bank account from before ?
Were any of Myrtle's credit cards or cash missing ?
A lot of questions.

Still not much justice for this beautiful lady. :(

This is my opinion -- and subject to change .... but I think at this time, there is one victim -- and that is Myrtle !
Omo.

Former NFL player Sergio Brown was spotted partying in Tulum this week after claiming the murder of his mother in Illinois was 'fake news' in a series of unhinged Instagram videos.

Brown's mother Myrtle was beaten to death and dumped in a creek behind their house in Maywood, Illinois.

Her body was found on September 16. He was reported missing alongside her by his concerned brother Nick.
Hmmm.

At this time, I do think Sergio could be unhinged, or he could be faking it ( & I don't think that's entirely impossible ).

It looks like he made himself absent from her house where she was apparently letting him live; and also removed himself to a place where he couldn't be questioned.
This is so unsettling.

A lot of questions.

This is my opinion -- and subject to change .... but I think at this time, there is one victim -- and that is Myrtle !
Omo.
Sure makes it hard to associate CTE or mental disorder with Sergio when you see him out getting his groove on with others at a club. Buying them all drinks as well according to the article.

I suspect he stole his mothers money, after killing her and this is how he is funding his new lifestyle as a Playboy.

JMO

I wonder how it would work if LE just wanted to detain him to collect his DNA, confiscate his phone, etc. A lot of times LE will have enough probable cause to obtain a search warrant for a suspect’s DNA and his/her electronics, and then whatever info they gather after obtaining those items gives them probable cause to make an arrest.

But I don’t know they would do that if the suspect fled to another country. They may be monitoring his movements and online activity hoping he does or says something that will give them enough to obtain an arrest warrant.

ETA: I guess they probably already have his DNA since it’s been reported that he lived with his mom. Surely he left a few personal items behind that contains his DNA.

Sure makes it hard to associate CTE or mental disorder with Sergio when you see him out getting his groove on with others at a club. Buying them all drinks as well according to the article.

I suspect he stole his mothers money, after killing her and this is how he is funding his new lifestyle as a Playboy.

JMO

There's nothing that states CTE or mental disorders would preclude him from partying in a club. I mean, Chris Benoit was working in front of crowds of 13,000 people and traveling around the country when he decided to kill his family. JMO

Hmmm.

This is so unsettling.

A lot of questions.

Omo.
BBM

In regard to his Net Worth, most articles I have come across agree it would be somewhere between $1 Million to $5 Million.

Sergio Brown’s Net Worth in 2023: How rich is the former NFL Safety?​

"Former NFL professional Sergio Brown has an estimated net worth of about $5 million in 2023."

"Sergio Brown’s career earnings amounted to over $6,198,687 during his stint in the NFL. Along with signing bonuses and player contracts, his professional career helped him amass a substantial fortune while still active in the league. Even after retiring from the NFL, he has an impressive net worth to his name."

BBM

As posted on his social media accounts, (IG before deleted) he has done quite a bit of traveling since his retirement from the NFL. I believe I recall him referring to this as something along the line of Traveling with "Nature Boy".

IMO he has his own money somewhere. Perhaps mom was helping him manage his finances?

If his mental health was failing, and she had noticed, she may have been concerned and was trying to influence him to get some sort of help? Perhaps that concern caused some sort of conflict that led to an altercation of some sort? It is reported he was displaying strange behavior prior to her death.

IMHO I also believe he was having trouble adjusting to life outside of football & the NFL, along with the possible CTE or mental health issues. His identity gone and not knowing what to do next? Missing the Limelight of being a Professional Football Player and the excitement & notoriety that comes with that. This is why I believe he has gotten satisfaction from posting on IG and other Social Media since his disappearance.

Before his IG disappeared I saw a video of him running warm ups & routes on a field and talking about "making a come back" that was posted about 2 years ago.

I wish he would reach out to family and listen to their pleas to return home.

~

Last edited:
There's nothing that states CTE or mental disorders would preclude him from partying in a club. I mean, Chris Benoit was working in front of crowds of 13,000 people and traveling around the country when he decided to kill his family. JMO
Agreed! Look at Aaron Hernandez, he was still playing in the NFL and participating in everyday life.

"Dr. Ann McKee, a neuropathologist who directs research of chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, at Boston University, said her research team found Hernandez had Stage 3 CTE and that they had never seen such severe damage in a brain younger than 46 years old."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...-hernandez-s-brain-showed-signs-of-severe-cte

~

Wonder how long before he runs out of money? I think heard somewhere his mom handled his money. IMO he k owns what’s up and that’s why he didn’t come back for the funeral. LE is still being very tight lipped with their investigation.

I am all for Sergio getting the help he needs, if he does indeed have CTE or mental disabilities.
People who have been jailed for crimes can get assistance through the prison system.

A woman has been brutally murdered, maybe by someone she loved and did everything she could for ?
I just feel like there needs to be justice for her.

Yes, that's true also regarding the ability to party or to carry on with life or work as usual.

Agreed with @Joe Friday as well -- because it looks like Sergio is purposely avoiding everyone including his surviving family members.
Unless someone else killed Myrtle, I'd think Sergio would at least be considered a person of interest !
The ring doorbell cam showed (I believe ?) only Sergio burning her clothes, etc. ?

I'd almost forgotten about the CB case.
So sad and horrific.
His wife who stood by him and his own young son. :(
Omo.

Yesterday, WGNtv ran a story about Sergio and the death of his mother. Included was a letter from Sergio's family to Jewell Hillery, a WGN Reporter.

Excerpt from the letter.

'We call upon the community to join us in our pursuit of justice for Myrtle. Over the last two weeks,
we have been advised that the Maywood Police Department has provided the Cook County State’s

Attorney’s Office with sufficient evidence, linked to a person of interest to make an arrest in this
case. Despite this, to date, no update has been provided to the family as to why said person of
interest has not even been brought in for questioning. It is the duty of law enforcement to protect
the citizens of its community and to provide valued updates to victims' families. Unfortunately,
despite overwhelming evidence narrowing on a person or persons of interest, they have not been
apprehended and are free to interact with the public.'

Who you ask, is in charge of the Cook County State's Attorney Office? None other than the outgoing CCSA Kim Foxx. If her name sounds familiar, it's because she was in charge of Jussie Smolett's prosecution.....

JMO

Last edited:
Yesterday, WGNtv ran a story about Sergio and the death of his mother. Included was a letter from Sergio's family to Jewell Hillery, a WGN Reporter.

Excerpt from the letter.

'We call upon the community to join us in our pursuit of justice for Myrtle. Over the last two weeks,
we have been advised that the Maywood Police Department has provided the Cook County State’s

Attorney’s Office with sufficient evidence, linked to a person of interest to make an arrest in this
case. Despite this, to date, no update has been provided to the family as to why said person of
interest has not even been brought in for questioning. It is the duty of law enforcement to protect
the citizens of its community and to provide valued updates to victims' families. Unfortunately,
despite overwhelming evidence narrowing on a person or persons of interest, they have not been
apprehended and are free to interact with the public.'

Who you ask, is in charge of the Cook County State's Attorney Office? None other than the outgoing CCSA Kim Foxx. If her name sounds familiar, it's because she was in charge of Jussie Smolett's prosecution.....

JMO

According to sources...
Brown has not been named a person of interest in the homicide investigation of his mother.

The family letter says...
It is important to note that the family has not been in contact with Sergio Brown and we continue to pray for his well-being and advocate for his immediate and safe return to the United States.

This kind of double speak annoys me to no end. Brown has not been named a POI... but does that mean he isn't considered one?

According to sources...
Brown has not been named a person of interest in the homicide investigation of his mother.

The family letter says...
It is important to note that the family has not been in contact with Sergio Brown and we continue to pray for his well-being and advocate for his immediate and safe return to the United States.

This kind of double speak annoys me to no end. Brown has not been named a POI... but does that mean he isn't considered one?
It appears that way to me in context of the statement and article. jmo

This just gets stranger. Today it appears Sergio Brown has resurfaced on social media platform X.

"On 9 October, an account (@SergioBrown38) appearing to be linked to Mr Brown posted: “This is all fake news. For tabloids. Fat Mexican men with petty money to trip up an airport.”

“Don’t worry we got the graffiti gang wonding the good vibes. The cartels are Flippin the rug over and lying duh lol,” he allegedly wrote.

It’s unclear what Mr Brown was referring to when he said “fake news” — or what prompted the rest of the tweet. However, this wasn’t the first time Mexico has come up as the search for the former Patriot continues."

The former NFL safety was last seen partying it up in Tulum, as TMZ reported last week. The tweet and the Tulum footage followed police officials saying that they believed one of his videos was filmed in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02
Back